Kaladin
Abramovich
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
Unique
59 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 6 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by RED Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Bouhafsi the GOD has said the €20m bonuses will be payable if Martial is Top Scorer, Golden Boy and Ballon D'Or winner. Wise up.

Makes sense.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 6 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:54 pm

so this supposed 80m euros is bullshit then

lmao GL tax Molenation
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Pretty much, yeah.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 pm

RED wrote:Has the look of a winner.

lol
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:01 pm

lol, knew the bonuses were gonna be dependant on some thing like that

if he actually hits those targets then it's money well spent
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Could arguably be the biggest waste of 5 billion pounds ever.

Just need to confirm this with my GL accounts overseer Yohan Modric
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Meh. Shirt sales alone will bring in a huge portion of his 63m £ fee. Man Utd have a huge fanbase
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Lol.  The bonuses are based over first team appearances in the next 3 years.  Martial just needs to make 20 appearances a season for the bonus to get paid in full.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:43 pm

do you have the source for that sports?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:do you have the source for that sports?

Of course he doesn't.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 pm

I do lol. Just need to get home as doing links on crappy cel phone is difficult. Pretty simple rule in terms of bonuses.
- transfer bonuses trigger with playing time 99.999% of the time.
- performance bonuses trigger as part of a players contract 99.99999% of the time.

It was either in Nice Matin or La Provence just as a fyi.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Cool.

Link would be appreciated so I can keep dangling those 80m € in front of ManU fan's noses.

However, for example Vermaelens transfer to Barca included a CL win bonus. Were that the case in Martial's case, we could exclude it from the transfer fee by default hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:13 pm

You only get that type of thing if the selling club is really motivated to get rid of their asset and are just trying to squeeze anything, as improbablr as it may be. It rarely happens even then. I've never seen it as part of a fee where the selling club doesn't want to sell but the buying club wants to make it impossible to refuse their offer.

The "bonus" is most often used to defer payments and to make it fall outside the scope of ffp.

As I read it, man u made a 50 mil offer straight up that Monaco refused and then kept adding quasi-guaranteed bonus add ons until Monaco accepted
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 pm

The only question according to ALL reports in Framce was whether the base was 50 or 60 mil. The 80 mil figure was a given.

I mean, you had the NT coach talk about the pressure of being the most expensive French player ever. That how much the details had "leaked". Deschamps never comments on speculation so directly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

http://m.nicematin.com/as-monaco/il-vaut-a-19-ans-80-millions-deuros.2325682.html

There's footnote "1" next to the transfer amount. It doesn't show up on mobile version... But I think that's where I saw the details.

Btw, Nice Matin, who is Monaco's.mouthpiece, has it at 60+20.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:57 pm

lol it was only a matter of time before sports came with his unflappable french sources to make it seem like the french side had once again made out like bandits vs England

same old same old
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 pm

you can never take what he and Nick (to a lesser extent and almost exclusively only when PSG are involved) say regarding french football at face value Laughing

until I see some concrete details in the coming days/weeks it's 36m.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Its 98m according to my (and tom's) account :coffee:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:07 pm

RMC said this (who originally broke it irc)

"Monaco will receive € 50 million guarantee. This will be paid in the amount of € 30 million up front, followed by four payments of € 5 million each year in July.
The additional unsecured expenses, totaling another € 30 million. These include € 5 million each time Martial is the top scorer in the Premier League, to a maximum of € 15 million. Another € 5 million will be due if Martial wins Golden Boy. The final € 10m will be paid if Martial won the Balon D'or career in Manchester. It is interesting to note that all the terms are future individual successes."

but count on Sports to pick his sources for the one that makes Monaco sound like they are getting more
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Not as shocked/outraged/disgusted as most people.

I dunno, its clear to me there are two ways you can have a real elite 9 in todays game

Either you buy one, so that means signing Benzema, Suarez, Aguero and a couple others. All of these are unattainable.

Or you get one before they are elite and try to nurture them into it. If this boy has the talent for it I dont know but Man Utd need a striker and if they think he will become elite then the money wont matter.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Sorry but anybody denying that this deal isn't in the low 10 figure region is just covering up for yanited.

My sources are unquestionable, mainly because you can't question the voices I hear.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:20 pm

what are exactly manu fans mad about? you paid 50 mil and bonuses are like appearances are easy to achieve so, if you pay up to 70 mil in the end, its still a desperate transfer.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not as shocked/outraged/disgusted as most people.

I dunno, its clear to me there are two ways you can have a real elite 9 in todays game

Either you buy one, so that means signing Benzema, Suarez, Aguero and a couple others. All of these are unattainable.

Or you get one before they are elite and try to nurture them into it. If this boy has the talent for it I dont know but Man Utd need a striker and if they think he will become elite then the money wont matter.

That's all true.
The feeling I have though that being bought by Man United under these circumstances and for this huge fee is not the kind of surrounding that is beneficial for the 'nurturing' of talent.
The pressure is huge, and the patience will be shorter than with a lower fee.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Could be. No idea if Man Utd can devolp him, no idea if the pressure of everything would cripple him, no idea if he even has anything like the talent to reach that kind of level.

I will say one thing, ManUtd could have thrown that money at Harry Kane (someone who seems to have Man Utd signing written all over him) and instead chose this guy. Someone has seen something.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:37 pm

I agree with you but the reason I'm shocked is that theycould have went for a better player. Considering the fact they need a good/great goalscorer right NOW, I'm baffled that they went for a 19 yold player who scored 8 goals last season. Someone like Lacazette is a more proven goalscorer for instance. Also for that kind of money you can get  great players like Reus, Gotze or even De bryune ( had they made a move earlier in the summer) .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:40 pm

LeBéninois wrote:

I agree with you but the reason I'm shocked is that theycould have went for a better player. Considering the fact they need a good/great goalscorer right NOW, I'm baffled that they went for a 19 yold player who scored 8 goals last season. Someone like Lacazette is a more proven goalscorer for instance. Also for that kind of money you can get  great players like Reus, Gotze or even De bryune ( had they made a move earlier in the summer) .

I echoed similar concerns when this move materialized tbh, we need someone that can guarantee us goals now, this signing could easily go tits up. If we threw that kinda money at Lyon for Laca they would have sold. Same for Dortmund and Reus IMO.

Last edited by Firenze on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next