Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
Blue
Hapless_Hans
Art Morte
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chelsea will finish the '15-'16 season in...

Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]
Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 21

Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where will Chelsea finish this season?

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:05 pm

Heard their performance was decent.

And tbh stoke away is always difficult for any team. I am sure Chelsea dropped points there previously too. This time it obviously looks awful since their form is bad.

Still don't think jose is going.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where will Chelsea finish this season?

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:07 pm

As I say that

Three managers would be invited to take over at #Chelsea until the summer: Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Di Matteo and Guus Hiddink. [Express]
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:11 pm

I will laugh and laugh and laugh if Rodgers replaces Mourinho.

Imagine if someone told you that in the summer. You would tell him to stop buying stuff from Tom.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:50 pm

when a season is adverse, it's adverse. Already seen big teams who had a great season just the previous year and rated as the favorite /2nt team favorite for the title then in the following season had  an awful season caused by many factors. I'd be definitely surprised if they get the 4rd place, it looks like difficult even the EL place atm . They should focus everything on FA Cup , in these awful season the cup is a real life preserver
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am

This Chelsea side has imploded the same way Inter did where Rafa got all the blame.

Mixture of being worn out / lost interest in football / struggling with injuries. Half the squad needs to be rejuvenated / replaced. Or they can continue playing the victim card and the referees / fa is out to get them.

Oh, and if WILLIAN is your best player of the season you know you're having a bad season ffs. Very Happy

Hopefully they just sack Mourinho. Be much more comfortably with him out of England for Liverpool's sake atleast. :whistle:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:01 am

RealGunner wrote:As I say that

Three managers would be invited to take over at #Chelsea until the summer: Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Di Matteo and Guus Hiddink. [Express]

I sort of want them to hire Rodgers to be honest. Chelsea fans will love him. He's essentially a poor mans AVB. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:36 am

They need to win 20 of their remaining 26 games, at least, to finish 4th. I think they will finish 6-7th.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:49 am

RealGunner wrote:4th/5th depending on how much arsenal fails.

Although I have a feeling Spurs might sneak in
Fixed.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:56 am

iftikhar wrote:They need to win 20 of their remaining 26 games.
And how did u come to this conclusion?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:29 am

Bankz wrote:
iftikhar wrote:They need to win 20 of their remaining 26 games.
And how did u come to this conclusion?

Because they have 11 points right now and they would need about 70-75 points (that's about the average 4th place gets). So winning 20 would give them 60 points which would make their total 71. Which even then might not be enough for example Arsenal finished 4th getting 79 points 2 years ago.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:55 am

To me, it's not important where they finish as much as it is how they finish. Even if they miss on the CL, next season, it might be a monetary loss rather than missing out on a trophy, because Chelsea as they are, cant win the CL this year, or even next.

The idea is to take the lessons learned from this season and implement them for next season and build on that.

But it's another story when it comes to the Club Owner and his Board. They might think otherwise and have different expectations.

For me, sacking Mourinho would weaken the prospects of Chelsea no matter who they bring to replace him. The City Project and United Project and to a certain degree Arsenal's and Liverpool are at advanced stages; especially the City and United Projects.

You cant compete alone against those two clubs with style alone. United are very consistent and City have one of the best squads in the world and they are gaining more and more experience and they have the budgetary cushion to lean on and keep building a superb squad similar to the Galacticos / Barcelona / Bayern. They also want to play fluent attractive football, so if Chelsea thinks they can fire Mourinho and hire a coach that plays more attractive football, it make little difference. They will still fall short because playing attractive football is no more a privilege, its becoming the norm, a pre-requisite for the top teams.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:04 am

It might make little sense at the moment, but the puzzle will soon unravel.

Especially if Pep signs another contract with Bayern, Mourinho is sacked and for some reason City decides to hire him to lead their version of Galacticos. Mourniho has gained tremendous experience this season. This loss will be the catalyst in the evolution / change of his methods of operation.

He already started implementing some of those; those of you who have good pattern recognition skills, might have already felt too. Still a lot to be done, but the change is happening as we speak. White Gandalf is emerging from the Grey One.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Where will Chelsea finish this season? - Page 2 Empty Where will Chelsea finish this season ?

Post by S Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:27 am

Currently in 16th position with 15 pts from 16 games, 1 pt above the relegation zone

What's your realistic prediction
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:39 am

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38530-where-will-chelsea-finish-this-season
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by hoangdungksp Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:48 am

I'm a big fan of Chelsea, but I say they can relegation Premier League

hoangdungksp
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKa8Xw7kI3rPBISzqX4geg?sub_con

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Threads merged Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:08 pm

You should be updating the poll! i would take out first 5 choices and expand the bottom half. Being only 1 point above relegation just before Christmas, pretty well rules out any top half position by end of season. You guys have been saying he will recover and move up, but you been saying that for a couple of months and the end result is he has gone down further, no upward movement in the table at all.

huntsman wrote:It might make little sense at the moment, but the puzzle will soon unravel.

Especially if Pep signs another contract with Bayern, Mourinho is sacked and for some reason City decides to hire him to lead their version of Galacticos. Mourniho has gained tremendous experience this season. This loss will be the catalyst in the evolution / change of his methods of operation.

He already started implementing some of those; those of you who have good pattern recognition skills, might have already felt too. Still a lot to be done, but the change is happening as we speak. White Gandalf is emerging from the Grey One.

lol Huntsman, you are forever the endorsement for this (not so) special one. What has he learned and what improvements is he making? He's now fully back to his usual form. Blaming players, saying they betrayed him, blaming ball boys, referees, even club doctor. This guy will never change and the bad news for him is now everyone knows that he can't last more than 2 years and will ask is he worth the risk and aggravation to let him run amuck for 1 or 2 years. Some had said earlier that PSG might be an option, but once Blanc kicks him out of CL, that door will be slammed closed. You say City, but right now they are best club in EPL, so why dump an improving Pelli for this loser?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:14 pm

There will be a period where they will go on a 15 match Win/draw run which will lead them right to top 7. After that it depends on how consistent other teams are.

Still think they'll finish top 7
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:24 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Chelsea are 14 points behind fourth-placed United with 22 games left. As much as I admire Leicester City, they'll eventually run out of steam. They remind me of 2009's Hoffenheim.

Maybe winning the league is no longer an option for Chelsea, but I don't see why they can't finish top 4. It's doable. If not, I see them easily finishing top 7.

My point is, it's really, really, really, really too early to say and there's plenty of time left. If you're not playing in La Liga where a 5-point gap means a death sentence, you can easily redeem yourself.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:29 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote: My point is, it's really, really, really, really too early to say and there's plenty of time left. If you're not playing in La Liga where a 5-point gap means a death sentence, you can easily redeem yourself.

This. a lot of those teams above, including the ones in top 4 now, are inconsistent and are bound to have brain farts here and there as the season progresses. as long as you're not playing in a league where 1 draw is like a loss, and a loss is like "the season is over, the league is lost", i think they (chelsea) can soldier on for something not too pathetic. it also means as those teams falter, they have to be winning consistently, and that's where the main problem lies
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2