Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season?

+18
Ganso
alexjanosik
TalkingReckless
iNFINITY9910
Adit
Iceman
RED
Raptorgunner
halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Swanhends
The Franchise
Kick
kiranr
BeautifulGame
El Chelsea Fuerte
Art Morte
Gil
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chelsea's final position

Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_lcap27%Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_lcap14%Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_lcap27%Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_lcap14%Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_lcap18%Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 22

Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Empty Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season?

Post by Gil Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 am

Planning on bumping this thread later this year so choose wisely. :coffee:

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Empty Re: Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season?

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 am

Don't see them winning it but after that it could be anything between 2nd and 5th.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season? Empty Re: Where will Chelsea finish in the PL this Season?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:32 am

Outside of Top 4? Laughing

I think you should have created this thread after our signings though Gil.

But second or third imo

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 am

Hardly signed anyone yet and have a new manager so tough to say atm.Could even finish 5th if Villa Boas flop and could finish 1st if he is as good as hyped.Probably 3rd based on the players they have atm.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:00 am

I do not know how AVB is going to play, so cannot say this with any certainty.

But my best guess is 2nd.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Champions, I have faith.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 pm

AVB would have to do a Pep like job to win it.

As in, come in, take the team from the previous season which looked like a finished cycle and add nothing to its core and improve the team by a large margin.

They really arent going to sign anyone?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

They'll finish third unless they sign some people
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Sign a playmaker and a wing-forward and i think they will win it but if they dont they i think they will finish 3rd.

Atm iam going for 2nd Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:37 pm

i think they will win, but only if they manage to bench torres
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:AVB would have to do a Pep like job to win it.

As in, come in, take the team from the previous season which looked like a finished cycle and add nothing to its core and improve the team by a large margin.

They really arent going to sign anyone?

TBH we only need a playmaker/AM and a winger.

We'll identify all our transfer targets by August 3. The reason why it took so long is because Villas-Boas wanted to try different combination with the squad and take it from there.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:41 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i think they will win, but only if they manage to bench torres

Torres has never been the problem. The problem lies in the midfield, Torres has just been the victim.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Chelsea needs few signing, but I still think they will do better then, Man city.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:43 pm

english_jewel wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:i think they will win, but only if they manage to bench torres

Torres has never been the problem. The problem lies in the midfield, Torres has just been the victim.

tbh based on your last couple of preseason games, i thought your mid was just fine, maybe torres needs someone to play SS just behind him to feed him balls
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 pm

english_jewel wrote:

So why has he been so bad for Spain then?

I agree you need some creativity, but Torrers himself cannot be blameless. His touch is poor and he has lost speed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:47 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
tbh based on your last couple of preseason games, i thought your mid was just fine, maybe torres needs someone to play SS just behind him to feed him balls

Don't use pre-season to judge our midfield, seriously. The only reason why it looks good now is because we are finally using McEachran where he should be used and Benayoun is back. But we need a AM/playmaker to play behind Torres and create space for him. We would have needed that without Torres anyways.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:00 pm

well you played villa and such, but anyways i just tried to go by something i guess.

but dont you think torres is abit mobile, i mean the other day benzema was playing more like an AM because kaka wasnt feeding him any balls, isnt it about time for torres to take the initiative and start creating something himself, he used to do that in liverpool if i am not mistaken
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

I picked 3rd, I think the top 4 next season will be:

United

Arsenal

Chelsea

City.

I know I said City will be top 3 yesterday, but this is how I think next season's standing will pan out.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Not surprised by the poll results people are still looking into last season results and forgetting we had a much inferior manager at the time (*prepares for the incoming shitstorm*).

So how many signings do you people think Chelsea need to make to compete again?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:16 pm

I'll wait till the transfer season is over before I make a call.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:22 pm

4th,i have my doubts on AVB.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I picked 3rd, I think the top 4 next season will be:

United

Arsenal

Chelsea

City.

I know I said City will be top 3 yesterday, but this is how I think next season's standing will pan out.

Arsenal above City and Chelsea? What makes you think that sudden change will occur?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Gil wrote:Not surprised by the poll results people are still looking into last season results and forgetting we had a much inferior manager at the time (*prepares for the incoming shitstorm*).

So how many signings do you people think Chelsea need to make to compete again?

I think you can compete now, but I personally wouldnt make you favourites without 2 signings if just one of those is Modric.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Champions... its almost like we signed Godridge, McE, Benny... no? I wouldn't mind a winger though.. even though we could probably survive even without a winger. One would be awesome though.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next