Helmer
RealGunner
Sri
Lucifer
Art Morte
64 posters

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Does Jamie Vardy have an appreciation thread or can I start it?

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6

Post by jibers Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:47 pm

El Gunner wrote:Does Jamie Vardy have an appreciation thread or can I start it?

TBH I think Mahrez is by far Leicesters best player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Whatever LVG has done, he has turned Smalling into an absolute beast.

It is incredible how good Smalling has been this season. Talk about a player keeping on developing still in his mid-twenties.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:50 pm

That's the thing, it's not Rooney's fault.

It's not Rooney's fault Sir Alan Ferguson made him sidekick to van Persie.
It's not Rooney's fault he was about to be sold and thus considered his options.

Neither is it his fault Moysie and Ed were desperate to stop the remaining world class rats from leaving the sinking ship and gave him a huge contract.

It's obviously not his fault if he's in decline as a footballer. He was pretty great for a long time, mind you, and Utd benefitted from it for many years.

And lastly, it's not his fault van Gaal decided to make him captain and has, as part of his philosophy, the principle that his captain always plays.

Rooney's just doing his best, and it's pretty astonishing how ruthlessly he's being bashed by Utd fans, best fans in the world.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:52 pm

jibers wrote:

TBH I think Mahrez is by far Leicesters best player.

Well if Kane got one last season amidst his goal scoring exploits I think Vardy also deserves one hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:That's the thing, it's not Rooney's fault.

It's not Rooney's fault Sir Alan Ferguson made him sidekick to van Persie.
It's not Rooney's fault he was about to be sold and thus considered his options.

Neither is it his fault Moysie and Ed were desperate to stop the remaining world class rats from leaving the sinking ship and gave him a huge contract.

It's obviously not his fault if he's in decline as a footballer. He was pretty great for a long time, mind you, and Utd benefitted from it for many years.

And lastly, it's not his fault van Gaal decided to make him captain and has, as part of his philosophy, the principle that his captain always plays.

Rooney's just doing his best, and it's pretty astonishing how ruthlessly he's being bashed by Utd fans, best fans in the world.

Watch Rooney score the winner at Wolfsburg to shut them all up.

He's also partly the reason why they're still alive in the CL in the first place Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Whatever LVG has done, he has turned Smalling into an absolute beast.

It is incredible how good Smalling has been this season. Talk about a player keeping on developing still in his mid-twenties.

Vardy is 29.

Don't worry Morty, there's still time for you in the retirement home.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:00 pm

I love Vardy but Kane is 10x the player Vardy is.

Best player in the EPL after Ozil
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Rooney was always a bit of a jack of all trades, not exceptional in any one area, but very good at several. Now that he's past his prime he doesn't have that exceptional skill set or physical longevity that would help him stay at the top.

Like, David Silva and Ronaldo are Rooney's age and Silva can probably stay at his current top level for a few more years, thanks to his outstanding ball control, passing and reading of the game. And Ronaldo looks like one of those athletes who can maintain their physical peak into their 30's. Now that Rooney is declining he hasn't got any one skill set or feature that would still elevate him above most other players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Vardy is 29.

Think it should be you there among the geriatrics mate
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:13 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Vardy is 29.

I remember Rosicky saying a few years back that since he's spent so much time injured and not playing / training, his real "footballer age" is several years younger than his actual age. Keeping that in mind, I'd like to think I'm just entering my best 'hot prospect' years.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:17 pm

CBarca wrote:I love Vardy but Kane is 10x the player Vardy is.

Best player in the EPL after Ozil

Didn't say he was on par or something. Although Kane is nothing special imo.

Okay let's give Vardy a chance till February to wait and see if we start that thread.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Kane nothing special rofl

Lads are watching the best English striker of the 21st century right now
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:09 pm

Clearly that's your bias talking. Unless your standards for special is quite low.

Kane is a good striker at best. He is smart, and leads the line and links up play very well, plus he knows how to find the back of the net in a lot of situations which is good.

And that's about it. He excels at nothing in particular. He is just a good PL striker for a decent PL team.

Guy would do find it hard in another league. Doubt if he would set the world alight for a big team, or on CL nights, because that's my standards for a special player.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Dat goal

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:13 pm

El Gunner wrote:Clearly that's your bias talking. Unless your standards for special is quite low.

Kane is a good striker at best. He is smart, and leads the line and links up play very well, plus he knows how to find the back of the net in a lot of situations which is good.

And that's about it. He excels at nothing in particular. He is just a good PL striker for a decent PL team.

Guy would do find it hard in another league. Doubt if he would set the world alight for a big team, or on CL nights, because that's my standards for a special player.

Watch him be the greatest English striker of all time when he's finished, son Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:14 pm

If Sturridge wasn't crocked, it wouldn't even be up for discussion CSpurs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:16 pm

El Gunner wrote:Clearly that's your bias talking. Unless your standards for special is quite low.

TBH I don't consider Kane a #9. ENgland haven't had a WC #9 since Shearer. Maybe Owen at his peak. That's it. Rooney primed when he was 16...

^^^ Sturridge when fit is great but he is a crock.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Calling Harry Kane "good" is really not giving him the credit he deserves.

He's certainly closer to Lewandowski than he is to Olivier Giroud who you can call "good".
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

jibers wrote:

TBH I don't consider Kane a #9. ENgland haven't had a WC #9 since Shearer. Maybe Owen at his peak. That's it. Rooney primed when he was 16...

^^^ Sturridge when fit is great but he is a crock.

rofl Thumbs up

urbaNRoots wrote:

Calling Harry Kane "good" is really not giving him the credit he deserves.

He's certainly closer to Lewandowski than he is to Olivier Giroud who you can call "good".

What?

I think it is about time we stop this little fead we're having because it seems we're just coming up with stuff to push an argument with the other.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6 - Page 18 ReadImage?iid=40595741
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:46 pm

WTF should I call Kane if he isn't "good"?
Since when has "good" not meant good?
Because good is still good, and it is clear by calling him "good" I'm giving him credit.
Kane deserves nothing beyond "good" otherwise I think a few of y'all would need to check y'all standard scales which y'all weigh players on.
Goodness gracious.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:48 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Barclay's Premier League '15-'16 discussion V6 - Page 18 ReadImage?iid=40595741
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:06 pm

CBarca wrote:

Watch him be the greatest English striker of all time when he's finished, son Proud

Shearer was being voted alongside George Weah and R9 for World Player of Year votes in his prime before he got injured so yeah.... no.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Rooney has had chances under 3 different managers to prove his worth, he has flopped with all of them. He goes through patches but in general he's simply not the player he could have been.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:21 am

I would say Rooney well proved his worth under SAF.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next