Bankz
Adit
juvealbanian
RealGunner
S
46 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Roma Vs Real Madrid (CL 2015/16) - Page 8 Empty Re: Roma Vs Real Madrid (CL 2015/16)

Post by Clutch Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

I would never say Roma DESERVE to win if they can't perform the essential task of hitting the goal with a shot.

I did say you SHOULD be losing this, with the amount of chances you grant the opposition.

That's a difference I'm sure you can understand if try a bit.
Spoiler:

I don't open spoilers from posters with <100 posts. Not worth the bother.
Thumbs up

On my 100th post, I'll make sure to bring back this spoiler.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Roma Vs Real Madrid (CL 2015/16) - Page 8 Empty Re: Roma Vs Real Madrid (CL 2015/16)

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:55 pm

Clutch wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Spoiler:

Thumbs up

I was lying. I did open it. Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Thumbs up

I was lying. I did open it. Thumbs up

Beautiful
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Ronaldo missed a couple of clear cut chances too over the two legs. Lets not ignore that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Spalletti needs to get himself a right back so he can play Florenzi up front. That kid is great, his touch and shot against Ramos was beautiful. Would have been good to see them with a proper midfield, 4 of them injured. Keita can't play for them anymore, at least not more than a veeeery occasional back up.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:08 pm

M99 wrote:Ronaldo missed a couple of clear cut chances too over the two legs. Lets not ignore that.

Saving himself for PSV Molenation
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Zidane looked completely clueless. They played such a tactically poor game in the first half. Later on they grew as Roma was getting more desperate and keep missing. his subs were fine at least. Madrid won mostly because of their huge talent upfront and the conditions of the game (Bernabeu, 2-0 lead going in), but he really didn't bring anything to the game.

Just a weird decision, he seems far too new. Roma's threat comes from the wings, they were without their athletic midfielders so they struggle to cover ground, and they still didn't look to stretch them out and attack their sides to bring the wingers back. Particularly when you have 4 wingers in the team.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:29 pm

^ Completely agree with you. I thought we had a very poor game, especially tactically. We looked clueless especially around their box, where we usually were coerced into either crossing it from the wings to Ronaldo or shooting from outside the box. It was until Lucas came on that somehow we could scrape past one of their defenders and reach Ronaldo.

If you watch Real Madrid regularly, you know this is common occurrence and one of our main unresolved problems lying behind our inability to beat big teams.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 am

Biggest issue is that we don't have a CF other than Benzema... so when he's down, our attacks look disorganized and unfocused since Ronaldo really doesn't know what he's doing there.  He'll make the poacher run here and there...  but he doesn't occupy the middle, doesn't read space and doesn't link up.  Makes it very easy to defend.  We also often get into position to make a final cross or pass with nobody making a correct run.

We look entirely different with Benz in there.

On defense...  it's mostly a midfield issue and Marcelo being Marcelo.  Kroos as the holding mid just didn't work.  So now we're incorporating Casemiro in that role and moving Kroos to his preferred left side.  It's new so the synergy isn't right yet.

It's a shame because we're doing experimentation that usually happens in Sept-Nov....  now.  Don't have a choice because we need to find a formula that fits.  Before people say we should just copy Carlo... we can't.  Di Maria isn't here anymore and he was the glue for the entire thing.  So we need to find some other formula.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Micah_12 Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:42 am

You're only given a certain amount of chances to be wasteful before you're severely punished for them.
Next season will be a true testament of the direction Roma will be heading. Pjanic and Nainggolan have been receiving much attention from other clubs, whether Roma keep their stars and make stronger additions in the mercato is still in question.

XX. Also, it was beautiful to watch Totti receive a standing ovation upon his entrance, thank you Bernabeu!!
Micah_12
Micah_12
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:53 am

Micah_12 wrote:You're only given a certain amount of chances to be wasteful before you're severely punished for them.
Next season will be a true testament of the direction Roma will be heading. Pjanic and Nainggolan have been receiving much attention from other clubs, whether Roma keep their stars and make stronger additions in the mercato is still in question.

XX. Also, it was beautiful to watch Totti receive a standing ovation upon his entrance, thank you Bernabeu!!

From what I say Totti was one of the best attacking players from Roma in this game. Maybe he should have started
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:49 am

We look entirely different with Benzema on the field? Haven't you been watching his recent games? Haven't you been watching our recent games? He no longer drops back for the link-up play. We've looked very bad against big teams this season despite him being on the field. Him too, just like Ronaldo are incapable of piercing the opposition's defense. That's our main problem.

Lucas and Casemiro should start from this point on. Isco should get a fair amount of time as a substitute while James should be introduced when the game is done and dusted.

Danilo is getting better and better every game and him too should play often. I still think Carvajal is better and should continue his development with regular playing time, which is why we should give Danilo Marcelo's spot in the league, and let the latter only play the CL. He should see from the bench why a proper fullback should always track back and must never leave his CB exposed. Last night, Marcelo left his entire wing exposed and unguarded. It was painful to watch.

Some of our guys take everything for granted. They might be talented, but they're not fired up like others. They need to leave their laziness at home when they come here, or get benched for people who actually give a damn about this shirt.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8