Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

All about the Club World Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: All about the Club World Cup

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:59 pm

free_cat wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
free_cat wrote:

I think you are very out of touch with reality.
Japan is one of the richest nations on earth, and it's called CWC, not U23 CWC.

The olympics are not called the u23 olympics either are they? Yet they make concessions for the integrity of the competition and the sport, and I feel the same would make the CWC a competitive and more interesting event.

Does a Barcelona fan even feel pride beating the likes of Guangzhou? Sanfree$e has no pride, look at the way Chiba celebrated scoring against Mazembe, that side was barely a football team. Youth would be able to create pride in achieving something, and it would be more competitive.

Also what are you in 1960? Pray tell, how many japanese people do you know RIGHT NOW with ¥30,000 in their pocket? Much less enough to spend on being close to the pitch on a sunday night? If you are under 30 you have never been aware of a world where Japan was NOT in a recession. It seems to me, my dear cat, that you are the one who is deeply out of touch.

Dude, Olympics is not even a football tournament, and they decided to do the U23 stuff just to differentiate it from the WC. As in FIFA not wanting Olympics to play full squads. And what happens with it is that people doens't care. If it was with all the players it would be almost as important as the WC and much more interesting that it is now. Messi has an olympics medal and everyone just ignores it.

Maybe no Japanese has 30.000Y in their current account (don't make me laugh, of course many of them have em), and still they are one of the richest country in the world. I was in Japan just this summer and they are much richer than my country were at least 30% of people have 30.000Y saved. I would kindly urge you to pull your ass from your butt and 1) travel the world and 2) read some book about world's economy, where you'd learn Japan is top 10% of richest nations and that a poor nation is Somalia or Nicaragua.

And the Club world cup is more a football tournament than the olympics? Did you watch the Mazembe match? Was that football to you?Laughing

If you get joy out of watching your club smash a bunch of nobodies then that is fine. No hatred over here brother. I am just telling you it is a poor setup, and the fact that this thread exists asking us to make it better is proof more than a few agree with what I am saying. A youth tournament for the biggest clubs will create an atmosphere of competition, thus creating a better product on the field.  You can talk about the marketability of it, but Sanfree$e could barely muster support in their home country the same way they can barely muster support in the league while dominating. Its almost entirely reliant on rich foreign fans traveling halfway across the world every year to see their team play, and how is that in any way sustainable?

As far as your second point, well its all perspective. If you are from a third world country, then perhaps a country where people have to work 90 hour weeks with no guarantee of pay raises, and where college graduates have to get government grants while working full time just to subsidize their life is viewed as "Rich" then you can view it as such. So rich....where a fifth of all kids live in a house receiving welfare payments. Is that rich to you? Where half of all women, of WORKING AGE, are either in Poverty or dangerously close to it? One thing is I can go to Mogadishu, and visit tourist areas, and come out thinking it is a rich country too. Visit the actual people, not the rosy picture some tourist company looking to get you spend money in some Roppongi pachinko whore house wants you to see if you want to see the truth.  You say I have no perspective, but then you try to paint a completely void Abenomics picture about a place thats been in recession for nearly 30 years. If Sumitomo gets tax breaks by Abe, enough to where they become a major company able to positively reflect the Japanese economy, how on earth does that help the average man? How does it improve anybodies life? Wages are not only stagnant, but decreasing!

Also I did not said that no person had ¥30,000 in their account. I simply asked you to tell me how many do you know with it right now?The ability to pay such an amount on a work night for football? I can answer that question, and I am sure I know people making a lot more than the tourist workers showing you around
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Educate my ignorance and give me a number please. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:09 am

As you say, it's all about perspective. I live in a country which has 20% of unemployment (4 times that of Japan), our average income is much lower, even PPA adjusted, and with many people not only on welfare aid but on FOOD aid... and even that I would never say my country is a poor country. Compared to the rest of the world, we are a rich country.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:58 am

free_cat wrote:As you say, it's all about perspective. I live in a country which has 20% of unemployment (4 times that of Japan), our average income is much lower, even PPA adjusted, and with many people not only on welfare aid but on FOOD aid... and even that I would never say my country is a poor country. Compared to the rest of the world, we are a rich country.

I understand Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3