MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:14 pm

If we get Griezmann, then yes.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:16 pm

more chance of yossi benayoun returning
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:LOAN LOAN LOAN LOAN

He has incredible talent. Just need one whole season as a starter (assuming he stays fit)

If we sell him to any team and he starts showing his real talent, he will 100% end up at Chelsea/pool/united/city

Does he though? his "talent" means nothing if he keeps making awful decisions all the time. Same with Wilshere btw although i'll cut him a bit of slack considering his injuries are more severe.

Not particularly convinced he'll ever improve enough for his talent to make a difference, you would be better off selling him and getting someone who is less " talented" but makes better decisions.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:49 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Keep-calm-and-sell-sell-sell-1-273712
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 am

:facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:45 pm

So we need:

A CB
A DM who can actually pass
A CM who can dictate play
A RW
A CF

Suggestions? Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Sound like we need an entire team Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:06 pm

My thinking is this:

Kos and Mert is still a good partnership but Gabriel looks unconvincing and Chambers needs a loan. A good, ball-playing CB would be a good addition to the squad.

Flamini and Arteta are gone this summer and I'm not sure Elneny is actually a DM, so we'll need to buy here anyway. It's an opportunity to improve on Coquelin, who's useful but lacks the passing ability needed for our style of play.

CM is a big issue. Cazorla's injury has really impacted on the way we play. Ramsey just can't dictate play and his talents are better used further up the pitch. Wilshere is constantly injured so you can't plan with him in mind. Again, not sure if Elneny is the solution here yet.

RW we've seen in recent weeks is becoming a problem. Walcott sucks right now. Ox has sucked for months. Campbell is decent enough.

CF. Again, long standing issue.

This season the club took the decision to not bring in many players because it thought the team would continue to grow and develop, but that's not really happened for one reason or another. It feels like it could be time for a shake-up in the squad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Just realized Gabriel is already 25. Thought he was some kid for the future.

Also realized Koscielny is 30 already :facepalm:

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:26 pm

For some strange reason we have actually regressed this season when it was supposed to be the season everything came to fruition hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Jay29 wrote:So we need:

A CB
A RW
A CF

Suggestions? Laughing

Laporte
William Carvalho
Gundogan
Hulk
Lewandowski
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Xhaka or Weigl for HM role

Sturridge-Walcott swap hmm
or Even Zlatan lol
anyone but Walcott/Giroud

Welbz/Akpom/Mavididi/Malen/Fortune/Nketiah pls respond

Hummels/Koulibally CB

MOST ARE unrealistic changing dependent on what we achieve maybe hmm

Not like Wenger would do the business
as long we don't make more sub par signings meh
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:47 pm

ES wrote:

A CB
A RW
A CF

Suggestions? Laughing

Laporte
William Carvalho
Gundogan
Hulk
Lewandowski

Could have sworn I left my spare £400m next to my six Lamborghinis. Will have to check my armada of yachts first. hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:50 pm

ES wrote:

A CB
A RW
A CF

Suggestions? Laughing

Laporte
William Carvalho
Gundogan
Hulk
Lewandowski

The Hulk cheers

great idea.

Benteke as CF.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:00 pm

A CB
A RW
A CF

Suggestions? Laughing

Well, here are sointless suggestions, because I'd rather procrastinate than do things I should be doing ...

CB - personally I think that chemistry, and for Gabriel & Chambers, more experience, would be ideal. A signing doesn't seem as high priority unless we go all out and get a definite starter (presumably to supplant Mert).

(One other sort of option - West Ham's Kouyate has been pretty good this season from what I've seen, and he's played as both a central defender and a midfielder, no? Maybe a two birds with one stone thing.)

DM - Youri Tielemans. He wouldn't break the bank, good holding midfielder, played well against us as I recall, young but with CL experience. I know we'd all like someone more established and imposing but can any of us see that happening?

CM/AM/RW - Isco. I'd love to see the club lure him away from RM.

CF - Aubameyang. Just go balls to the wall and spend a bunch of money on him. If we still somehow manage to win the league (lolololololol) then there would be no excuse not to sign him up IMO. Otherwise ... maybe see how Lacazette or Mane might fit in.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 pm

What are our thoughts on Ibra? Man Yoo and Chelsea are looking to rebuild - not pick up stop-gap solutions like Ibra who are only going to be useful for another couple of years. Ibra likes to be the star - he wouldn't be at City.

I also imagine he would prefer a London club. We can afford his salary expectations which are likely to be around 230k.

For DM imo we should just consider Miguel Veloso or Carrick as free replacements for Flamini. No need to spend big on a DM, we have Coq and Elneny.

Those two would leave a significant amount to splash out on an RW/AM and/or CB. Isco, Mahrez, Shaqiri are all good options. CB we want John Stones or an investment.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:25 am

Yeah, think Ibra could learn a lot, even at his age, playing as Welbeck's understudy.

But, seriously, it's a move I never see happening, don't know why. He's available for free albeit for gargantuan sums of money. You have to imagine that there are Chinese clubs and maybe even MLS sides willing to fork out big paydays on longer contracts than we would. Then there's the fact that Ibra's always been critical of playing in England and his infamous 'Zlatan doesn't do auditions' thing. And if Mourinho goes to United then I'd give them better odds of signing him.

In regards to signing a midfielder once Flamini/Arteta/Rosicky leave, I disagree that we can plug the hole with a free signing like Carrick (?!). Should invest in a young-ish, quality player like Xhaka, maybe.

Agree that Isco would be a great signing and one who could flourish at a side where he'd be given a more significant role.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 am

Zlatan would be amazing, even if only for a year. Despite his age he can score goals, create goals, and raise the level of those around him simply be demanding more of them.

If we're still struggling to find a striker then surely it's an option worth considering.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:06 am

I see Jay has joined me in shedding the Gunner/Gooner tag from his name.

I'd change my badge to my second team but Morecambe FC isn't among the optional logos.

RG, can we get this supported pls? As a super special favor?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Morecambe-fc
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:54 am

Morecambe? You should support the real Shrimpers:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Southend-crest-001

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:15 am

Can't betray my Shrimps. Took them from L2 to four consecutive Champions League victories within 10 years in FM15. Got so engrossed with it that I'm starting to think I could do a job as manager and that Jack Redshaw really is the second coming.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:44 am

MJ wrote:
ES wrote:

A CB
A RW
A CF

Suggestions? Laughing

Laporte
William Carvalho
Gundogan
Hulk
Lewandowski

Could have sworn I left my spare £400m next to my six Lamborghinis. Will have to check my armada of yachts first. hmm

rofl rofl More or less what I was thinking as well
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:30 am

PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic gives strong hint of desire to play in Premier League
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/17/zlatan-ibrahimovic-paris-saint-germain-premier-league-future

-----
in the meantime Chinese offers for Alexis/Per/Theo/Giroud needed :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:08 am

Peccadillo wrote:

For DM imo we should just consider Miguel Veloso or Carrick as free replacements for Flamini. No need to spend big on a DM, we have Coq and Elneny.

MJ wrote:

In regards to signing a midfielder once Flamini/Arteta/Rosicky leave, I disagree that we can plug the hole with a free signing like Carrick (?!). Should invest in a young-ish, quality player like Xhaka, maybe.

as much i am against the idea, i think carrick will extend his contract with us for 1 more year. He has been really poor in a holding midfielders role for an year.
The fact that our fans are raving about him these days has got more to do with how shit and passive our other cms have been of late and also for his long range passing against small teams that defend deep. He is the only player lately who has been passing the ball forward. So you know thats why he's been getting a lot of plaudits.
At 34 all other aspects of his game are pretty much done. His positioning and shielding the ball is atrocious right now.
Then again yea as a free option or as a 3rd choice player if he is available then he can do the job decently against teams that you are expected to win.
I think you guys should go for a combative ball winner who can dictate the game. Carrick is hardly that player anymore. Go for someone like Carvalho or Neves or Goretzka.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:58 am

Bild say we're in talks to re-sign Håvard Nordtveit on a free this summer.

25, tall, can play CB/DM, came through the ranks here. Decent international experience. Free?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/02/29/20827322/rumours-arsenal-to-re-sign-nordtveit?ICID=AR_RS_3

Player himself says he's considering his future: http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/02/29/20830742/nordtveit-leaving-options-open-amid-arsenal-reports
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:10 am

Tidy player. Would be a solid signing for the squad.

I remember him on FM09 being a beast and wondering why he never got a first team chance.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next