MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Xhaka, Isco, and a really good striker plz.

... I'm surprised we're not being linked, even crap media linked, to more RBs. With Debuchy probably moving on permanently, and Jenkinson still a question mark, that means we'll need someone to deputize for, or compete with, Bellerin. Chambers is maybe the one to play that role but you would think (or not) that Arsenal would then invest in another CB. Anyway I don't think many of us see Chambers as a long-term RB.

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Just bring back Justin Hoyte imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Twoism wrote:I would rather ship Theo, with Webz & Iwobi, Theo seems redundant and complete waste of wage.

I suspect some kind of decent business could be worked out with Theo's boyhood favorite club Liverpool. hmm

I like Theo, too, and it's annoying to see how anonymous he'll be for like four games, and then chip in with a clutch goal or something. He has some real qualities, and he's homegrown, and he's been at Arsenal for a decade - those are all positives. But he also has never developed into the player we'd all hoped he'd be by now. I'd also be content to see him shipped off for a good transfer fee as long as the club ensures an upgrade/solution in personnel.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:56 pm

last year he was great when he playing for his contract, now not so much. His amazing form at the end of last year was one of the factors discourage Wengers not buying striker last summer. This year I think he will buy unless Iwobi suddenly transform to Weah.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Chumlum wrote:if a European club makes a bid anywhere near that range, if I were in charge, I'd pat Giroud on the back, thank him sincerely for being a handsome, professional dude who worked hard for Arsenal, and send him on his way.

Giroud: Arsene, I do not know why you ave called me into yough offeece but I wanted to say I will try much arder to scor-

Wenger: Please, call me Mr. Wenger.

Giroud: Mr. Wenger, as I was sayeeng-

Wenger: Look, I believe you have been very handsome in your moments of quality for us but we have accepted a bid for you.

Giroud: Well, I deed not expect zees-

*Wenger has already pressed a button activating a trap door beneath Giroud's chair*

*Wenger picks up phone and dials*

Wenger: Yes, Ivan, I am now ready to spend little bit big on top top striker. Yes. Mhmmm. Put Anthony Koura on the phone.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Twoism wrote:I would rather ship Theo, with Webz & Iwobi, Theo seems redundant and complete waste of wage.

Is you serious?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Signing Xhaka would kill Kelachi Nwakali tbh The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Xowen10
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:03 pm

I like Xhaka and while I also like players like Isco and Rabiot, there are huge question marks over their attitudes. I also don't like the idea of investing in a player who is represented by his mother.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Xhaka is a must buy

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:50 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Is you serious?

focus on the commas

Although, Twoism should have put a fullstop after Theo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Xhaka, Goetze, A striker and a CB would be an amazing summer

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Sell these scrubs

Giroud
Walcott
Arteta
Rosicky
Flamini
Gabriel
Debuchy
Gnabry?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Spanish paper AS has again claimed Real Madrid will bring back Alvaro Morata from Juventus to sell him on at a profit to Arsenal.

The report had already emerged a few weeks ago, but is revived in Spain today based on the complex clauses of his contract.

Real Madrid have a buy-back clause that depends on how many appearances Morata makes for Juve this season – the more games, the higher the price.

If he plays more than 50% of fixtures, the price tag is set at €30m, with only appearances of more than 45 minutes counting, AS reports.

Even with that costly move, Real Madrid expect to make a very healthy profit by selling Morata on to Arsenal for €50m.

Bayern Munich are also an option once Carlo Ancelotti takes over, as he has already worked with the Spanish striker in Madrid.
https://t.co/ciYWG46sEp
Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:19 pm

thanks RG for correcting

Not too sure about Xhaka & Morata, the former was really rough the few times I watched him, lets just say he doesn't have the cleanest tackle, the later has been putting out Giroud number albeit great in big games.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:19 pm

Arsenal are tracking the Lorient left-back Raphaël Guerreiro before a possible summer bid, as Arsène Wenger considers whether to listen to offers for Kieran Gibbs. The club have made repeated scouting checks on Guerreiro, the pacy 22-year-old Portugal international, who impressed last summer for his country at the European Under-21 Championship and can also play further forward on the left wing.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/22/arsenal-arsene-wenger-kieran-gibbs-lorient-raphael-guerreiro

any good?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:40 am

According to @MattHughesTimes, Per Mertesacker will NOT be offered a new contract. Current deal expires next year.

-Matt Hughes: Arsenal plan to sign a centre back this summer. The club has £75m to spend on transfers.

-Hughes: Arteta, Flamini & Rosický are resigned to leaving the club this summer, having not been offered new deals.

-Hughes: The club is willing to listen to offers for Debuchy and Gibbs, but Cazorla, Wilshere and Chamberlain will be offered new contracts.

-Hughes: Wenger plans to appoint a permanent replacement for Arteta as captain this summer. Čech is the frontrunner.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:01 am

Nothing too surprising. I suspect Mertesacker will be offered a one year extension if he's in good form next season.

If we sign a new CB it's probably curtains for him.

Gibbs is a bit out of left field. Nacho has proven to be the superior LB but he's still a useful HG player although he might want more football.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:09 pm

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arsenal-and-liverpool-compete-for-serie-a-talent-he-says-club-wil

Premier League giants Arsenal and Liverpool are very interested in signing Juventus forward Alvaro Morata, according to Spanish newspaper AS.

The 23-year-old joined Juventus at the start of last season in a €20m deal, with Real Madrid including the option to buy him back for €30m from July 1st to July 15th in 2016, or July 1st to July 15th in 2017.

AS reckon Real Madrid are set to exercise the buy back option this summer, and then sell him to one of the interested clubs.

They explain how Real Madrid tried this trick in 2009, when they sold Alvaro Negredo to Sevilla for €15m, after buying him back from Almeria for €5m, with the player initially leaving the club for just €3m.

The player himself has admitted his future does not depend on him, and it's solely Real Madrid's decision.

Morata told Cadena Cope: "I would like to know where I will play next year, but my future does not depend on me. I am happy at Juventus, but it's not up to me."

It's very likely both Liverpool and Arsenal will be looking to sign a striker in the summer, with Giroud and Benteke failing to establish themselves as first choice strikers.

This could really get interesting, as Morata seems to be a player who can be a perfect fit at both Liverpool and Arsenal, but the prospect of playing in the Champions League at Arsenal could easily be more tempting.

The player has often said he'd like to stay at Juventus or Real Madrid, and would surely get at least a little annoyed if Madrid want to use him as capital.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:47 am

Sky Germany Running this Xhaka Story too
http://www.sky.de/sky-sport-news/premier-league/xhaka-bald-auf-die-insel-89088?wkz=WXFNL1
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:36 pm

This is gonna Xhaka things up.

We wanted extra steel in our midfield but what we really needed was Granit.

And--what? What's wrong with being punny?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Chumlum wrote:This is gonna Xhaka things up.

We wanted extra steel in our midfield but what we really needed was Granit.

And--what? What's wrong with being punny?

Dunno, just expected Morata you.

Alvaro you a bone though, Juve made me laugh.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Sina wrote:
Spanish paper AS has again claimed Real Madrid will bring back Alvaro Morata from Juventus to sell him on at a profit to Arsenal.

The report had already emerged a few weeks ago, but is revived in Spain today based on the complex clauses of his contract.

Real Madrid have a buy-back clause that depends on how many appearances Morata makes for Juve this season – the more games, the higher the price.

If he plays more than 50% of fixtures, the price tag is set at €30m, with only appearances of more than 45 minutes counting, AS reports.

Even with that costly move, Real Madrid expect to make a very healthy profit by selling Morata on to Arsenal for €50m.

Bayern Munich are also an option once Carlo Ancelotti takes over, as he has already worked with the Spanish striker in Madrid.
https://t.co/ciYWG46sEp
Spoiler:

Interesting imo

He is absolutely devastating at counter attacks. No surprise there as he grew up during the counter attack era of Madrid.

He will be huge hit in pl. Fast as hell, 192 CM, aerial threat, can dribble, clutch goals..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Sell these scrubs

Giroud
Walcott
Arteta
Rosicky
Flamini
Gabriel
Debuchy
Gnabry?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_lps9wjlHMR1qacm62
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Give him a testimonial before.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Xhaka needed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Both Sky Germany and Bild say we're interested. Sky say we're willing to pay £33m for him.

Big, big money. That should be enough to land him though.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next