MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Both Sky Germany and Bild say we're interested. Sky say we're willing to pay £33m for him.

Big, big money. That should be enough to land him though.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:07 am

Zenit's Axel Witsel says he wants a move to "a bigger club." hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:16 pm

AS report claims Barcelona are prepared to offer Munir, Sandro and Arda Turan to sign Mesut Özil and bypass Real Madrid's "anti-Barca" clause that stipulates that Arsenal have to offer the German back to Real Madrid for the same terms if they accept an offer for him.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/03/24/primera/1458859801_338835.html
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Joel-Debuchy and Sanogo in exchange for Neymar imo
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:15 pm

MJ wrote:AS report claims Barcelona are prepared to offer Munir, Sandro and Arda Turan to sign Mesut Özil and bypass Real Madrid's "anti-Barca" clause that stipulates that Arsenal have to offer the German back to Real Madrid for the same terms if they accept an offer for him.

One of the more ridiculous rumors I heard. Especially since Ozil has no place in the Barca squad. Hurts to say as I'm in love with him Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:22 pm

MJ wrote:Zenit's Axel Witsel says he wants a move to "a bigger club." hmm

He's not very good.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Says the guy who watches Leiva, Morono, Can and co week in/out
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:59 pm

He's not wrong though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 am

Not very good at what? In general he's not
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:03 am

CBarca wrote:
MJ wrote:AS report claims Barcelona are prepared to offer Munir, Sandro and Arda Turan to sign Mesut Özil and bypass Real Madrid's "anti-Barca" clause that stipulates that Arsenal have to offer the German back to Real Madrid for the same terms if they accept an offer for him.

One of the more ridiculous rumors I heard. Especially since Ozil has no place in the Barca squad. Hurts to say as I'm in love with him Sad

shame because if they threw in Douglas and Adriano then you might have had a deal
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:46 am

Can is a much better player than Witsel.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:55 am

What are some English (and/or technically homegrown) players you all would like the see Arsenal go after, if any?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:47 am

John Stones hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:16 am

Don't call me James wrote:Can is a much better player than Witsel.

Damn, Witsel must be really bad.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Lukaku reiterates his desire to play in the Champions League: "(Will I be) leaving Everton in the summer? Maybe, yes. You never know. I become 23 & would like to play in the Champions League."

Serious question to consider: There are a number of forwards available this summer (for the right price), it seems. Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Morata and, hell, let's throw Lacazette and Fekir in there for shits and giggles. It would be criminal if Wenger didn't go all out for one of them. Think Lukaku would be the best option although Ibrahimovic would be the most cost-effective. for 1-2 years.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Between Lukaku or Morata, I'm not sure which one would be better.

Lukaku has an incredible scoring record at his age and could be extremely prolific throughout his career. He's got that Drogba-like power that makes him so hard to defend against.

Morata, on the other hand, is a more well-rounded forward but doesn't score as many goals. He actually reminds me a lot of Welbeck. You'd like to think that once he starts scoring more he'd be a beast of a striker.

Either way, if we've got money to burn then spending 40-50mil on one of these two is something we should be considering.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Lukaku is clear choice imo, EPL proven and scores against top teams. Thumbs up

I believe Morata would bring lots of drama(DNA), once he becomes really good Madrid would come knocking. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:06 pm

I've been skeptical that Lukaku's big price tag corresponds to a similarly big improvement over what we already have, but I have also softened on that, myself. He's one of those players that a lot of other teams just don't seem to have an answer to. And he's been putting up good performances & numbers for several seasons now. I'd be happy to see Arsenal go in for him.

plz:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:12 pm

FWIW, Raphael Honigstein seems to agree that Xhaka to Arsenal is a story with legs. Guarantees nothing but tells a reader "yes" it could happen.

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/713395289143508992

(And it doesn't seem like just a hypothetical yes, cuz he shoots down another question re: Goetze to Liverpool with "lol no.")
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Sky Sports in Germany apparently reporting we're in discussions to sign Xhaka. £34mil fee being touted.

One to watch, I guess. Would be rare and unusual for us to have a deal in place before the window has even opened.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Who would Xhaka replace at Arsenal?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Coquelin, probably. Possibly Cazorla. Depends what Wenger wants as his midfield partnership.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:35 pm

---------------Cech----------------
Bellerin-----Koscielny---Varane----Monreal
----------Xhaka------El Neny-------
----Ozil---------Wilshere-------Welbeck
---------------Higuain---------------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Twoism wrote:I would rather ship Theo, with Webz & Iwobi, Theo seems redundant and complete waste of wage.

Is you serious?

focus on the commas

Although, Twoism should have put a fullstop after Theo.

I've studied Twoism's post closely and I have come to the exact same conclusion as you Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:28 pm

I'm coming to the conclusion that since Arsenal have Webz and Iwobi, Theo has become redundant and a complete waste of wage.

Though I can see how one could interpret that as shipping out Theo with Webz and Iwobi.

Also who the hell is Iwobi?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 pm

Would gladly ship of Theo. 28 years old and still doesn't know what his best position is Laughing still talks about his potential while 18 year olds are taking his place

Iwobi is the link between midfield and attack.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next