MJ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
El Gunner
Sri
37 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 23, 2016 8:57 am

Don't be hating on Tescos :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Mon May 23, 2016 9:18 am

Goal estimates that Arsenal's transfer fund sits a significant amount above reported £54m

Alexis is the closest to signing a new deal. Both he and Özil are waiting until after the Copa and Euros.

Morata and Vincent Janssen are CF targets. Rob Holding and Manolas at CB.

Roma want Szczesny permanently but he needs to drop his wage demands. Ospina has asked to leave.

Wenger wants Walcott to stay, Wilshere close to signing a new deal, Giroud wants assurances he'll be top dog CF next season.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/05/23/23833112/xhaka-in-ospina-out-arsenals-summer-transfer-plans?ICID=HP_FT_3
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 23, 2016 9:31 am

Giroud wants assurances he will be top dawg CF next season (:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 9:33 am

lmfao Giroud can be the top dawg for U21 if he wants

Morata pls
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 am

@MessiMinutes 1m1 minute ago
Cadena Ser go on to mention "rumours of a bid worth €50m (£38.7m)" from Arsenal. Say Madrid would accept that.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 10:19 am

So seriously though. Masking my Giroud dislike..

Are we all fine with Morata? if it happens that is.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 23, 2016 10:30 am

RealGunner wrote:So seriously though. Masking my Giroud dislike..

I'm not, if we sign Morata I'm expecting another striker (or atleast winger) who can score more than 10 goals per season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 23, 2016 10:36 am

I'm not either. I'd expect a more reliable goalscorer for the fee being quoted.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 10:40 am

Who else can we look at hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 23, 2016 10:41 am

Cisse's available hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 am

It's very doubtful whether Morata is good enough. What evidence is there to suggest he could be the leading man in attack and score the desired amount of goals?

Zero tbh. ZERO. On the contrary, evidence suggests he's not a prolific striker.
He's a good player who surely can develop. He beasted as *bleep* against us, that's for sure.

But that's it.
He never scored more than 8 goals per season in his career. EIGHT. 7 this season in 34 league games.

Also he was benched at Juventus for Mandzukic.

Mandzukic, you know, the one who according to urban isn't better than Giroud.

So go figure.

Get Lukaku. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's proven me wrong many times. He's a tank and he scores goals.

And for *bleep* sake don't go buying some Dutch scrub just because he scored some goals in the Eredivisie.

As some German paper titled (Wolfsburg are after him as wel..):
Is Jannsen the new Bas Dost?

Get real. Lukaku. Or what about Lacacette, RG? Had a mediocre season, but still scored >20 league goals or something? Laughing

Sounds more like it.
Not Morata. Forget Morata.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 am

Also if you search 'Morata' in wikipedia and reach the Morata disambuguation page, the link to Alvaro Morata is circumscribed with "greatest ever Juventus player" Laughing Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 23, 2016 11:22 am

Off the top of my head: Lukaku, Icardi, Ibrahimovic, Batshuayi, Lacazette.

All proven goalscorers unlike Morata.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon May 23, 2016 11:45 am

RealGunner wrote:So seriously though. Masking my Giroud dislike..

We're going to have to be.

The reason however I'm ok with it is that early in the window, with other players available, he's the club's number 1 choice and we're apparently willing to drop 50m on him. I think that says something. This isn't a last minute Welbeck panic buy where we hope for the best.  

Lukaku is more of a goalscorer, but he doesn't really bring much else to the game. Or not as much as he should considering his price. He's a limited player for one that is going to cost 65m+. At the price Lukaku is going for I'd rather just try for Higuain if we're going to go that far.

Lukaku would do well in a team that played a different system than ours, more counter attacking/crossing focused team, but I just envision him being out of sync with the rest of the team. Or having similar issues that Giroud has had seeming like he's a step behind where he needs to be. But it's Wenger's team and we're going to play the way he wants and that isn't going to change. The system we play is incredibly demanding in regards to what it expects the Striker leading the line to be able to do. It isn't just about needing someone with more pace than Giroud, because Welbeck and Walcott have pace; we need the right type of player to fit into this weird, slow, build-up through the middle system. I just hope Wenger is right about him and he's the right guy to lead the line in it.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 23, 2016 12:08 pm

I'd rather stick that £39 mil in the bank and go into next season with Giroud. Morata is NOT the answer to anything, except if the question were "can we sign a younger, smaller, less prolific version of Giroud"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 23, 2016 12:09 pm

Might as well try and sign Dzeko while we're at it
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 23, 2016 12:12 pm

Dzeko used to be a striker vastly superior to either Giroud, Lorata etc

Not sure what happened to him. well, Man City happened to him.

Bony's fat too good to be rotting on their bench too, but that's what he's doing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Lex wrote:I'd rather stick that £39 mil in the bank and go into next season with Giroud. Morata is NOT the answer to anything, except if the question were "can we sign a younger, smaller, less prolific version of Giroud"

Agreed.I think you deserve another 5 yrs of Giroud and possible player/coach after Wenger retires :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Morata and Giroud comparison. Laughing

Do you even know how quick is morata with the ball itself despite being 1.92 m tall?

This is Higuain all over again. Remember when Higuain wasn't worth buying since he was not an upgrade to freaking Giroud?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Not as quick as Welbeck I'd bet.

Takes more than running faster than Giroud to be a better striker than he is.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Jay29 wrote:Not as quick as Welbeck I'd bet.

How about better dribbler, link up play, assisting and more complete player than Giroud ? Can even play wide too... and he is exactly opposite to Giroud who is a big game flop if there was ever one.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Yeah, that's what Welbeck does. Except the scoring in big games part. Besides that there's nothing Morata offers that Welbeck doesn't.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Yes that's why Wenger is buying morata... To compete in big games and not play with big game flops.

If scrub killing is what Wenger wants then he might as well stick with Giroud.

Last edited by Adit on Mon May 23, 2016 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Adit wrote:
Jay29 wrote:Not as quick as Welbeck I'd bet.

How about better dribbler, link up play, assisting and more complete player than Giroud ?  Can even play wide too... and he is exactly opposite to Giroud who is a big game flop if there was ever one.

im telling you i dont know why goonerjay/lex etc keep comparing giroud/welbeck with morata. its as if they havent watched morata at all and are just basing everything on stats. football isnt black and white, morata is clearly much better than giroud or welbeck, the comparison is laughable.

Last edited by REWB on Mon May 23, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 23, 2016 1:11 pm

I really don't care if this guy was made of adamantium and could sing Fly Me To The Moon out of his butthole, is he the prolific, 30 goal a season sensation everyone's been banging on to us about buying? No? Then why are we even discussing this transfer
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 23, 2016 1:12 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Cil8YnzUkAAlgDS

Last edited by S on Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next