Lucifer
38 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

La Liga 2015/16 Discussion V2 - Page 11 Empty Re: La Liga 2015/16 Discussion V2

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 18, 2016 6:05 pm

windkick wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:
windkick wrote:Yeah, they have one of the richest men on the planet in Carlos Slim. The thing Carlos doesn't really go ham on the spending on clubs ala the other rich owned clubs like PSG/Chelsea/City etc. He pretty much is just there to make sure the club doesn't go belly up, not sure he cares to much about winning titles and shit. I've always liked Real Oviedo, and wish Slim would bank roll them like Malaga were that first season they got new owners (before they realized they didn't know what they were doing and had a fire sell. That one season they actually assembled a solid little team) if they were to get promoted.

Idk, just seems tough. If I had to take a guess I would say Leganes deff goes straight up, with perhaps Alaves or Gimnastic getting the 2nd spot. I could see Zaragoza winning the playoff, they are in pretty good form.

If anyone is interested in the standings. Each club has 4 more game weeks to go before the season ends and the promotion playoff starts.

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=spain2

Windkick, it's nice to see someone interested in my home club!  Take a look at the remaining games. You will see that Leganes has the toughest road! I say Alaves will get top spot and Leganes is the one that may fall out from top 2 spots. Nastic also has a difficult remaining schedule so it would surprise me if they could overtake Leganes. In the playoffs, it looks like it will be Nastic, Oviedo, Zaragoza and likely Osasuna. like any playoffs, it is difficult to say who will come out of it. Oviedo has been practically unbeatable at home, all season long so that's a huge advanatage, but on the other side they have been (recently) poor to average on road. Oviedo are the rookies here, so that could possibly play against them, but from what I've seen they are a solid team. such a shame with what happen to the coach, as before he left there was little doubt that they would end up as one of the top two teams.

yea for sure! I love to pay attention to clubs and there histories. I always tend to favor clubs like that that aren't from the top table. What happened with the couch? They sacked him when they were doing good mid season? I think Girona also got new owners btw, kinda crappy last 2 seasons they came SO close to getting promoted and failed both times lol

Coach just left one day (about 2 months ago) and club accepted his resignation they said for personal reasons! But a cousin of mine who is part of Real Oviedo and was there the day in question said a couple of the more senior players challenged coach in practice the day before. Don't know any facts for sure but those two players were heavily boo'd for several weeks afterwards. team lost 3 in a row afterwards and dropped from 2nd or 3rd to 6th.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Wed May 18, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed May 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Liga 15-16

Best goalkeeper: Navas
Best defender: Godin
Best midfielder: Nolito
Best attacker: Messi
Best player: Messi
Best coach: Enrique

Team of the season:

Navas
Carvajal - Godin - Ramos - Luis
Modric - Busquets - Nolito
Messi - Griezmann - Neymar
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Navas
Carvajal Godin Mustafi Marcelo
Modric Busquets Koke
Messi Suarez Ronaldo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Carvajal has been injured alot this season and was benched by Rafa. I dont feel he has played enough games to be eligible for team of the "season"
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 18, 2016 10:45 pm

I'll take a stab..

----------Oblak
-Gaspar-Pique-Godin-Luis
---Modric-Busq-Koke
Messi--Suarez--Ronaldo

Pique was actually quite good this season, scored a good amount of goals as well. I think he deserves to be in the team. Mario Gaspar had a great season with Villarreal as well. Felipe Luis is a little shit, but I felt he had the most consistant season of all left backs in the league, and put in great work on both ends unlike Marcelo and Alba (alba was straight crap this season). Messi missed two months but still ended up contributing great numbers. Ronaldo and Suarez are no brainers. Koke could easily be replaced by Saul, either or is a good choice to go along with Busq and Modric; says a great deal about Atletico's midfield imo. Honorable mention to Iniesta, who I think had a fantastic season, and could also easily be in that midfield imo. As great as Navas was, Oblak was fantastic this season and the best shot/stop percentage, and that's why I picked him but I think Navas was also fantastic.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 18, 2016 10:51 pm

Since this is La Liga thread...

2 years straight la Liga could get 5 teams in UCL. Both Europa/UCL champions will be Spanish. 3 straight titles for Sevilla in Europa. 3 straight titles in UCL for Spanish teams. 7 of the last 8 UEFA Super Cup champions are gonna be Spanish.

That La Liga dominance on every level.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 pm

GK: Navas
RB: I could go for Juanfran but Gaspar really was impressive for Villareal.
CB: Godin
CB: Pique
LB: Felipe Luis
CM: Busquets
CM: Koke
CM: Modric
FW: Ronaldo
FW: Suarez
FW: Here is the thing, it really should be Messi and it honestly would have been any other season but I really was impressed by Griezmann. So, they both would share the podium.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 19, 2016 3:19 am

Our lists are super close for the exception of keeper and RW. Keeper as mentioned I think could be a toss up, but Oblak only allowed 18 goals all season, and kept 24 clean sheets, and had 81 saves on 99 shots on goal. That's pretty amazing, so I would say Oblak deserves the nod even though Navas was pretty much outstanding as well (I think I got Oblaks stats right, LOL). Messi had 26 goals/16 assists on 2728 minutes played, while Griezeman had 22 goals/5 assists on 3058 minutes played. I thought Greizemen had a great season, but even with 2 months out, Messi was pretty much leading in most stats like successful dribbles etc, top 3 in goals and tied with Suarez on assists. Not knocking Greizemen he had a great year, but it's ludicrous how good Messi is, and he by his standards quietly had a great season but his numbers are still damn impressive, but was just over shadowed by Suarez's goal tirades.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 19, 2016 5:05 am

Yeah, Busquets, Koke and Modric are a given. 3 lovely midfielders who had really good seasons in their own right. I couldn't hipster my way out of those choices. Don't mind Saul, Asensio of Espanyol, Bruno & Denis Suarez of Villareal also had good seasons, Dani Parejo also had some nice performances here and there but those 3 were above everyone in my opinion. Though maybe it is just me not paying attention but Spain doesn't produce much first class wide men anymore?!

Back was also a given. Both Pique and Godin had good, consistent seasons particularly Godin. Gaspar out shone Juanfran just a bit more and Felipe Luis was the best (well, most consistent LB) in Spain. Mustafi definitely deserves a mention but I like my choices.

Forward line was probably the most diverse list to choose from even though we all know who would make our list. Bakambu, El Arabi, Lucas (Deportivo), Borja (Eibar), old man Aduriz, Benzema (he had a good 1st half), Neymar (good 1st half as well regardless of what Futbol says), Ruben Castro (Betis) all had seasons which they could look back and say "Good job". As for my Messi/Antoine podium share, Messi was still amazing this season even if it was not Godly as other seasons but Antoine really did great stuff. Truth be told, he was gonna share with either of the 3 but the People's Champ and El Kommander don't share power. Apparently.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 19, 2016 6:42 am

Forgot about Gaspar. He should be there instead of Carvajal
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 am

windkick wrote:Our lists are super close for the exception of keeper and RW. Keeper as mentioned I think could be a toss up, but Oblak only allowed 18 goals all season, and kept 24 clean sheets, and had 81 saves on 99 shots on goal. That's pretty amazing, so I would say Oblak deserves the nod even though Navas was pretty much outstanding as well (I think I got Oblaks stats right, LOL). Messi had 26 goals/16 assists on 2728 minutes played, while Griezeman had 22 goals/5 assists on 3058 minutes played. I thought Greizemen had a great season, but even with 2 months out, Messi was pretty much leading in most stats like successful dribbles etc, top 3 in goals and tied with Suarez on assists. Not knocking Greizemen he had a great year, but it's ludicrous how good Messi is, and he by his standards quietly had a great season but his numbers are still damn impressive, but was just over shadowed by Suarez's goal tirades.
Liga through balls 15-16

33 Messi
15 Nolito
10 Neymar
6 Modric
4 Griezmann
4 Suarez
0 Cronaldo

How much is it per 90 minutes?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 19, 2016 11:02 am

whoscored.com

La Liga 2015/16 Discussion V2 - Page 11 T12qwgs
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 19, 2016 11:07 am

Danilo rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 19, 2016 11:09 am

M99 wrote:Danilo rofl
Cronaldo. hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Danilo --> sums up whoscored ratings.

Why you keep posting these, i doubt anyone takes them in a different manner than LOLing at it
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Girona just beat Cordoba to reach the Playoff Final.

Might be wrong but this is the 3rd straight season Girona reaches the Playoff Final.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11