Lucifer
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
M99
18 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Kaladin Tue May 24, 2016 2:12 pm

I like Enzo but like RG said he wont be above midcard

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by RealGunner Tue May 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Thought they would change Rollins. But seems like they are carrying with his chickenshit heel gimmick... which is weird.

Will be interesting to see what crowd does when he loses the next two PPV
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Rollins only got that reaction because he's a guy that everyone's familiar with who returned after a long time. Enzo gets huge reactions 2 months after his debut because he's insanely charismatic, which seems to be a lost trait in main eventers in 2016.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue May 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Enzo's stick will get old soon
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Guessing Gall is a midcarder in UFC. Never heard of him. hmm

It looks like CM Punk’s UFC debut is back on for this summer. Punk’s scheduled opponent Mickey Gall noted on Instagram that he heard the fight will happen “late summer” but no official date has been set.

We recently noted how a production crew was filming Gall, indicating that UFC was putting money into the fight and that it was probably happening in the near future.

Gall posted the following:

Some more light sparring w @ljreboli. Gonna be more active on social media. Let me know what you guys wanna see. Love hearing from ya. Btw I hear I’m fighting Punk late summer. No official date yet I’ll let u know when I know. @frederickchevrolet @fujisportsus

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Enzo is the next Road Dogg by the looks of things. Fantastic mic worker, but doesn't offer much in the ring. Which is fine because you can stick him in a stable and let him be the mouthpiece.

Cass will get a big push, no doubt about it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue May 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Dave Meltzer said WWE view Dana Brooke as the female Roman Reigns and that they plan to push her to the moon.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 24, 2016 11:38 pm

Casciavit wrote:Dave Meltzer said WWE view Dana Brooke as the female Roman Reigns and that they plan to push her to the moon.

Oh god...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 24, 2016 11:49 pm

smackdown spoilers:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 12:29 am

Jay29 wrote:Enzo is the next Road Dogg by the looks of things. Fantastic mic worker, but doesn't offer much in the ring. Which is fine because you can stick him in a stable and let him be the mouthpiece.

Cass will get a big push, no doubt about it.

Road Dogg is a fantastic comparison actually.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 3:27 am

M99 wrote:
smackdown spoilers:

Can't see it

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 3:36 am

Yeah I think Cena will be in his own thing, what ever that is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 4:17 am

I disagree that Enzo is Road Dogg. Rock was basically a catchphrase machine back in the attitude era. Enzo is the one who's over, not Cass. Plus back in the attitude era you had like 10 other great charismatic characters who were better than Road Dogg.

Right now Enzo is one of the most over and charismatic guys on the roster. I'd rather watch him over Reigns and Rollins who put me to sleep with their generic and dull promos.

It's time to relegate the charisma vacuums back to the midcard and put the charismatic entertainers back on top like it was in the attitude era. Guys like Sami Zayn, Styles, Rollins and other workrrate guys would be in the light heavyweight division in the attitude era. They wouldn't have had a sniff of the main event scene because it was all about character and charisma.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 25, 2016 5:18 am

So what if there were "10 other great charismatic characters better than Road Dogg"? Road Dogg still had a great career and everyone remembers who he was and what he did as part of DX/New Age Outlaws. Enzo would be fortunate to have a career as good as that.

Reducing Rock to just a catchphrase machine doesn't help your comparison at all. Rock was athletic and a great in-ring performer, and highly creative on the mic. Enzo has the catchphrases but little more than that. I daresay that's the reason why he was paired with Cass to begin with. You say that Cass isn't over, which is plain wrong - he's a big part of that whole act.

Cass will get a push because he's everything Vince likes in a wrestler.

And we keep saying this but mic skills aren't enough to main event. I don't think many of the big stars of the attitude era were pushed on the strength of their mic skills, except maybe Jericho.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 5:34 am

I don't think MT gets this lol, as good as you may think Enzo is on the mic he will never be good enough to main event.

As much as you put down ring work it matters and he sucks in the ring. He spends most of his time getting beat up or thrown across the ring by Cass lol.

As much we discredit Cena and now Reigns for 5 moves of doom lulz they are both light years ahead of him in that department.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 6:03 am

Jay29 wrote:So what if there were "10 other great charismatic characters better than Road Dogg"? Road Dogg still had a great career and everyone remembers who he was and what he did as part of DX/New Age Outlaws. Enzo would be fortunate to have a career as good as that.

Reducing Rock to just a catchphrase machine doesn't help your comparison at all. Rock was athletic and a great in-ring performer, and highly creative on the mic. Enzo has the catchphrases but little more than that. I daresay that's the reason why he was paired with Cass to begin with. You say that Cass isn't over, which is plain wrong - he's a big part of that whole act.

Cass will get a push because he's everything Vince likes in a wrestler.

And we keep saying this but mic skills aren't enough to main event. I don't think many of the big stars of the attitude era were pushed on the strength of their mic skills, except maybe Jericho.

Road Dogg wasn't a top guy because there were better entertainers than him. Rock, Austin, Foley, HHH, Jericho, Kane, Undertaker, Angle and others.

Enzo is one of the top entertainers in the company currently.

Enzo isn't just catchphrases though. He's said a lot of stuff in addition to his catchphrases. It's clear as day Enzo is the one who's over. When Cass comes out, his reaction is pretty average. When he pointed towards Enzo on RAW, the crowd went nuts. Cass is Enzo's sidekick. Enzo is the better talker and way more charismatic.

The stars in the attitude era were pushed because of their charisma and personality. It definitely wasn't ringwork. The attitude era had 2* matches by Meltzer standards. Austin mainly kicked and punched for the most part. Workrate never draws. Characters and charisma do.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 6:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't think MT gets this lol, as good as you may think Enzo is on the mic he will never be good enough to main event.

As much as you put down ring work it matters and he sucks in the ring. He spends most of his time getting beat up or thrown across the ring by Cass lol.

As much we discredit Cena and now Reigns for 5 moves of doom lulz they are both light years ahead of him in that department.

Reigns started off with what, like 3 moves? He's improved throughout his run as the top guy. I'm sure Enzo would do the same. You don't need a 100 different moves to be a top guy. Being good in the ring is more about psychology and storytelling.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 25, 2016 6:20 am

Road Dogg wasn't a top guy because there were better entertainers than him. Rock, Austin, Foley, HHH, Jericho, Kane, Undertaker, Angle and others.

I didn't call Road Dogg a top guy scratch

The stars in the attitude era were pushed because of their charisma and personality. It definitely wasn't ringwork. The attitude era had 2* matches by Meltzer standards. Austin mainly kicked and punched for the most part. Workrate never draws. Characters and charisma do.

You don't need a 100 different moves to be a top guy. Being good in the ring is more about psychology and storytelling.

That second thing is what they had. Not just charisma. It's a big reason behind their sustained success.

Also, workrate never draws? Daniel Bryan, anyone? How about Benoit and Guerrero? Laughing

Last edited by Jay29 on Wed May 25, 2016 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 6:21 am

Enzo doesn't exactly have masterful psychology or storytelling lol he just sells because he's the whipping boy in his matches until he hot tags Cass.

Anybody can get ragdolled for 80% of a match.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed May 25, 2016 6:40 am

But what's Enzo's gimmick?!?!?!????
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 6:43 am

Still think it's an Aztec Warrior

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 7:00 am

WWE’s ‘Smackdown’ Will Move To Live Broadcast On USA

“Smackdown,” which moved to the NBCUniversal-owned outlet from sister Syfy in January, will be broadcast live for two hours every week starting Tuesday, July 19, from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., resulting in five hours of live WWE programming on the network each week.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 7:09 am

Good I suppose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 7:18 am

Jay29 wrote:

I didn't call Road Dogg a top guy scratch

You don't need a 100 different moves to be a top guy. Being good in the ring is more about psychology and storytelling.

That second thing is what they had. Not just charisma. It's a big reason behind their sustained success.

Also, workrate never draws? Daniel Bryan, anyone? How about Benoit and Guerrero? Laughing

No, I was just saying Road Dogg had better entertainers ahead him, which is why there was no reason for him to be at the top. Enzo's more entertaining than a lot of main eventers today.

Yeh, sure, the attitude era top guys had psychology. But what I'm saying is they weren't pushed because of that. They were pushed primarily due to their charisma and personality. The IWC were harping on Reigns for his ringwork when he was initially pushed, but he's improved a hell of a lot since then. The guy had 3 moves to begin with.

I'm not saying Enzo has to be shoved into the main event scene immediately. Once he breaks up from Cass, build him up gradually. Let him develop his moveset. However he doesn't need to be 5* Meltzer worker to be a top guy. I'm sure he can develop an acceptable moveset.

Like I said though, I wouldn't be surprised if they buried him considering charisma and mic skills are an afterthought nowadays. Even though the guys who get super over nowadays and entertain the most have charisma and/or mic skills. Workrate, having the look and being a HHH/Vince guy is far more important in this day and age.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed May 25, 2016 7:19 am

I just saw this news of the reddit page and it seems like it's going to be another brand split, which I don't mind tbh.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed May 25, 2016 7:23 am

OOOOOO, there's going to be a draft. Can't wait for this boys, I used to love those draft episodes.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next