S
lucianomoggi
Luca
marottalad
rincon
27 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 3 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by Warrior Sat May 28, 2016 1:55 am

Agreed about that too. Fullback (both sides) is a position where the concept of quality depends very much on the style of play of his team. Licht would not fit at Barca for example, but is a perfect match for Juve.

Maybe we're just overanalyzing at this point. From now on the sole info we got is an ambiguous message on social media. However, i doubt Alves is coming in Turin to warm the bench.

Last edited by heffkzar on Sat May 28, 2016 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : low class sentence)

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 3 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by DeviAngel Sat May 28, 2016 2:58 am

heffkzar wrote:Agreed about that too. Fullback (both sides) is a position where the concept of quality depends very much on the style of play of his team. Licht would not fit at Barca for example, but is a perfect match for Juve.

Maybe we're just overanalyzing at this point. From now on the sole info we got is an ambiguous message on social media. However, i doubt Alves is coming in Turin to warm the bench.

I think we'll use him as a wing I dunno why
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 28, 2016 3:57 am

Alves is a definite starter if he comes here.

There are rumors that Licht could leave.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 28, 2016 4:04 am

Going from Lichtsteiner-Evra to Alves-Sandro.Huge upgrade this.
Remember the days when our wingbacks couldnt even cross the ball properly ?
This is a whole different level of quality we'll have at our disposal with these two Brazilians.I'm pretty sure we'll see Evra taking a backseat backing up to Chiellini/Sandro.Lets not forget he's been used as a LCB before as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 28, 2016 4:05 am

rincon wrote:I'm pro Alves, just not if it means selling Litch cause then we still have to spend money and reinforce at RB and we end up wtih an older player than before on higher wages.

We have to look out for a Caceres replacement anyway .

Just get a player who can play various roles.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 28, 2016 5:49 am

rincon wrote:All 5 years were great. One of the best RBs in the world during his time here. He embraced Juve more than most too.

Trading him for a RB who is even older, weak in defense, and clowns around picking fights with other teams is a poor choice. He would be a good asset as a WB, just not worth swapping for one of our core players. If Litch asks to move then its good and he should be allowed to go where he wants, otherwise its a bad move.

Are you implying he was World Class ? eco smile

I love him and i think he's done fantastic service to this team,he's been extremely solid defensively,but i've never looked at him as WC RB imo.
Very limited skillset to consider him as one.

Besides Alves wouldnt look so 'weak' in the 3-5-2.Alves being bad defensively is often a myth thrown around many parts.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sat May 28, 2016 8:19 am

My main concern is not that Lichsteiner was that good, but the fact that we won't even have him as a back-up. Sure this means we sign someone else, but that's always a risk without a reliable back-up.

Just look at Alex Sandro, everyone knows he is a beast but there was a reason why Evra was still played ahead of him quite a few times. Most likely it's the adaptational period (I do expect him to be the real starter now though).

If we lose our 2 RB-s (okay, we couldn't rely on Caceres any ore) then what if our signings turn wrong? Or do not adapt fast enough?

Anyway, probably it's Lichsteiner who wants to leave as he is going to lose the starter spot, so I guess not much we can do about it.

Apart from this, I'm optimistic about the market, since Marrotta came in I've trusted the management every year. So we will see.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Alex Sandro was a beast at Porto and now he proved he has the level for Juventus. I expect him to be a starter from now on.

Evra was really good in 14-15 but this year his impact on the team has decreased imo. Sandro will replace him after this adaptation year and now the veteran will become the back-up. I believe this process was the clever way to act.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Yeah I'm sure Sandro is first choice from now on. i felt like it was handled perfectly with those two. Allegri's gameplans some times don't work out but his squad management has been on point.

The only one that got the short end of the stick is Zaza but its hard to handle when Morata is expected to play and Mandzukic performs so well.

Sandro was a great pickup. How much did we pay for him again? 25mill? worth it so far.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 28, 2016 7:25 pm

26 millions is a lot of money for a defender, however his athletics and offensive abilities makes him worth it.

I, like you, have faith in the club's sporting direction since we did not have major flops for years Cool
The last one i can remember was Krasic (seems suuuuuuch a long time ago lol).
Spending big money on youths is a risky business imo... lucky for us Dybala and Sandro were good calls, Zaza not that much. About Lemina i do not have an opinion right now.
Big cash should be reserved for players who are at the peak of their career, or not far away from it. I despise Chelsea or City-likes' propensity of biding high for very young promising players who never get a chance.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Mon May 30, 2016 1:50 pm

I have lots of respect for LICHTAINER, if he goes I am going to miss him, because he has been one of most important players with CONTE and ALEGRI

however I think DANI ALVESH is an upgrade

someone may say he is OLD? I agree on that,
I am sure he will not contribute as much with STAMINA and SPEED

however i think he adds ATTACKING qualities: SHOOTING, CROSSING, TEAMWORK

I think UCL is more about how good your counter-attacks are , it is not like we are about to use guys like EVRA and ALVESH forwards

in UCL you focus more on counter-attacks with guys like DYBALA, POGBA, MORATA, CUADRADO

but guys like DANI ALVESH are the ones who can win you games against small sides , with their crossing

I believe DANI ALVESH will be much more success in SERIE A than he was for all those years with BARCELONA , with JUVENTUS, DANI ALVESH will be one of the best player in SERIE A

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:28 pm

Barca confirm that Alves is leaving
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Jonathan Ikoné (PSG wonderkid) is coming too. The next Coman ?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transfert-jordan-ikone-quitte-le-psg-pour-turin/687678

As they say here, he just signed a 3-years contract with the club.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:40 pm

That kid was so great this season, every time I saw him !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 pm

We're taking all their kids except the right one, Verratti Proud

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:23 pm

aren't you guys excited about DANI ALVESH

I am expecting perfect teamwork from DYBALA and ALVESH

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Why do you write his name like that moggi? its Alves.

He should be good. Him, Khedira and Dybala on the right side should be quality.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 pm

@ricon my bad, because my native language

yeah that is what I am telling it looks impressive
and I am sure we will add another midfielder

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:27 pm

What do ya'll think of the Kovacic link?
If true, I would welcome it so long as it is either a purchase or a loan with the option to purchase, but no buy back clause to avoid another potential Morata deal.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:01 am

Luca wrote:What do ya'll think of the Kovacic link?
If true, I would welcome it so long as it is either a purchase or a loan with the option to purchase, but no buy back clause to avoid another potential Morata deal.

The thing with Kovacic is that he never showed anything more than just promise. His quality is undoubted but the end product is lacking. When he was still at Inter I remember him admitting once that he should improve his overall game and start providing more assists. In other words, he was struggling to make an impact. My opinion is that if Kovacic joins us and as we always do with younger players give him room to grow in our healthy environment, then he could turn into a really good player. Perhaps even better than Pjanic Hernanes.

Finally I think Kovacic fits the "value for money" philosophy our management has.

Last edited by Andrew_p on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:44 am

Andrew_p wrote:
Luca wrote:What do ya'll think of the Kovacic link?

The thing with Kovacic is that he never to showed anything more than promise. His quality is undoubted but the end product is lacking. When he was still at Inter I remember him admitting once that he should improve his overall game and start providing more assists. In other words, he was struggling to make an impact. My opinion is that if Kovacic joins us and as we always do with younger players give him room to grow in our healthy environment, then he could turn into a really good player. Perhaps even better than Pjanic Hernanes.

Finally I think Kovacic fits the "value for money" philosophy our management has.

I think Allegri could do some great things with Kovacic, potentially. I like the signing, fits the philosophy like you said, also he is a younger player who has already played in Italy for a big side, prior to moving to an even bigger side

Just paper talk at the moment though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:26 am

That green link with Mandzukic on fifa tho Smile
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:07 am

Can't say I know how it'll pan out, all I know is we're a great place for talented people to improve as long as they fit our system and he does purely because unlike Coman he plays in a position/positions we always use.

He certainly has the talent. Could be another gem for us.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:36 am

Surely you'd have to agree that Kovacic, great little player that he is, would still be a severe downgrade as Pogba replacement.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:57 am

He wouldn't be a Pogba replacement. He would just add to the depth, we need some quality on the bench with Marchisio injured and Khedira always at risk. Pogba isn't going anywhere this summer, in fact this has been the only summer where there are no rumors of him leaving and the club keeps saying he is not on the market. You never what will happen but it seems like a safe bet.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:31 pm

4-3-1-2

Buffon

Dani Alves - Barzagli - Bonucci - Alex Sandro

Marchisio
Khedira - Pogba

Kovacic or Mkhitaryan

Dybala - Mandzukic

Subs:

Neto

De Sciglio - Rugani - Chiellini - Evra

Lemina
Sturaro - Asamoah

Pereyra

Berardi - Zaza

Would you guys fap to that ? hmm

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next