dostoevsky
rincon
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
S
67 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

2016/17 Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. II - Page 20 Empty Re: 2016/17 Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. II

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:47 pm

who is he benching at spurs?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2016/17 Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. II - Page 20 Empty Re: 2016/17 Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. II

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:who is he benching at spurs?

guess he is getting benched rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:27 pm

ES wrote:Omg rofl rofl

50m for MANE rofl
50m for MANE rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Chelsea gonna pay us 70 mil for Morata Laughing

we will put him first class to London Laughing

Which also means that media in the UK making it seem like Pogba deal to Man U is a done deal... is very premature. This sale is what Madrid was waiting for to make a concrete offer for Pogba.

Yep. This is eerily similar to the long and seemingly successful sagas of the past, ala Vidal ala Thiago to Man united.
Still believe totally that Madrid will come and get their man just like that in the following days.

And I personally wont mind one bit if that happen too. Cant say for the other United fans tho. Never wanted him back for 100 mil. Anyway Redcafe will surely meltdown. Laughing The mood is not so good there already. There is an apparent somberness after the Di Marzio tweet of yesterday and some of the latest rumblings from today lol.

As far as I am concerned, meltdown will happen if we go on and sign Matuidi as the alternative if and when this one fail.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:03 pm

When you think about it...  Martial was bought for 80 mil (all but 15 mil of his bonuses have already vested; another 5 will happen soon as it has to do with NT appearances; 5 for Man U appearances; only the last 5 is iffy regarding BdO), James for 90 mil, Bale and Neymar for ungodly amounts (they were less proven than Pogba is right now)...  and now you have Morata for 70 mil, etc.

How is Pogba for 100+ mil not actually reasonable considering that the media deals have exploded, which wasn't the case when some of those I mentioned were bought.

To me, it fits.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:10 pm

@Glory Smile what tweet and what rumblings?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Theres a difference as far as the players you have mentioned are concerned. All of them are players who are part of a front 3. Martial is a CF/Winger. Bale, Neymar and even James is an attacking player rather than someone who plays deep.
Pogba on the other hand is a CM first. If stretched we can call him an AM but, mainly he is considered someone who plays in midfield.
The 80 mil players of the past have cost that much cos they give you goals and assists in return.
Thats why paying similar money for a CM is unprecedented. Not saying its wrong. Just that it has never happened before.

And its not just 100m. Its 120m (20 for Raiola) in pounds plus his out of this world wages.

You are right, considering what players go for these days its not too big a sum, but then again I just doesnt see him committing himself to this club for the long term if we buy him again. He is an ambitious chap and will leave at the next possible opportunity. Raiola will make sure of that at least.
Dont know about anyone else but I prefer players who genuinely want to play for the shirt even if they are slightly less talented.

If he is coming, will take him obviously, but wont sweat over it like some of our other fans, thats all.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Glory wrote:Theres a difference as far as the players you have mentioned are concerned. All of them are players who are part of a front 3. Martial is a CF/Winger. Bale, Neymar and even James is an attacking player rather than someone who plays deep.
Pogba on the other hand is a CM first. If stretched we can call him an AM but, mainly he is considered someone who plays in midfield.
The 80 mil players of the past have cost that much cos they give you goals and assists in return.
Thats why paying similar money for a CM is unprecedented. Not saying its wrong. Just that it has never happened before.

And its not just 100m. Its 120m (20 for Raiola) in pounds plus his out of this world wages.

You are right, considering what players go for these days its not too big a sum, but then again I just doesnt see him committing himself to this club for the long term if we buy him again. He is an ambitious chap and will leave at the next possible opportunity. Raiola will make sure of that at least.
Dont know about anyone else but I prefer players who genuinely want to play for the shirt even if they are slightly less talented.

If he is coming, will take him obviously, but wont sweat over it like some of our other fans, thats all.

:bow: Proud
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:@Glory Smile what tweet and what rumblings?

Di Marzio said something like his first preference is Madrid and that he wont push for the deal (to united).
Added with some of the other news that sports posted in the real section here. I think they have seen that too. It was all gloomy as a result of that in the Pogba thread until they saw todays' Guillem Balague tweet and video in which he is trolling us. Hence they are now angry. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Pogba is an attacking player though...  you just don't watch Juve to know that imo.  He was their creator from the midfield, hence the 9 goals and 15 assists.

Only reason the casual fan misses this fact is that he is can play any CM role... so they use him more for ball recovery and midfield link play on NT...  also, he's so physically imposing that he doesn't look like he should be an attacking midfielder.  But at club, that's what he is.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Yep lol.

You want him as close to the penalty area as humanly possible, just like with Yaya Toure when he actually gave a shit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:48 pm

When you have to use Martial's transfer to justify Pogba's possible transfer, you already know what kind of argument is going to be brought forward.

Even though I believe we agreed not to discuss transfer fees like we have a personal say in the matter when we breakdown the formula it looks as follows:

Pogba
-No release clause
-23 years old
-Star midfielder on a big team
-Improves each season
-Highly, highly marketable
-Skyrocketing popularity
-Special skill set
-GL Tax

All these factors make up a ridiculous transfer fee. And lets be real, upwards of 100M is RIDICULOUS

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pogba is an attacking player though...  you just don't watch Juve to know that imo.  He was their creator from the midfield, hence the 9 goals and 15 assists.

Only reason the casual fan misses this fact is that he is can play any CM role... so they use him more for ball recovery and midfield link play on NT...  also, he's so physically imposing that he doesn't look like he should be an attacking midfielder.  But at club, that's what he is.

May be. But I am not sure we are buying him if we are buying him that is to play AM. Perhaps real is. But United/Mourinho is aiming at him cos he can fill that deep lying playmaking role in a double pivot. I wish we ditch rooney and put pog in the no.10. But at least for the next season I cant see it happening.

Last edited by Glory on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:50 pm

I'd say the main reason he's costing so much is as you say his skillset.

It's absolutely unique, there's nothing in the world like him. Even the likes of Modric and Kroos while they are great players i wouldn't say they are unique, there are players like them even if they are not as good.

Well apart from the GL tax anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:53 pm

He's not a AM.  He's like Vieira used to be...  he plays the B2B spot.  But he's such a physical specimen that he literally goes from inside one box to the other.  

He's unique which is why everyone is so hyped about him in terms of those who work in football clubs.  The media and fans try too hard to put him in one of the categories they are accustomed to....  when in fact, he's a players that doesn't belong in any traditional category.

Think about it...  how many guys can be a creative force on the attack, score goals, link the midfield, recover balls and cover the left side of the defensive midfield all at once?  Not to mention he's added free kicks this season and he's a menace in the air. The killer is that he's adapted himself to the right side and a more defensive role with NT because of the profiles of the other players. So he can literally play anywhere imo other than CF at a high level. You'll never see him play CB or fullback obviously... but I don't see any reason he couldn't play well in those positions as well.

Who is comparable to him out there or in the recent past other than Vieira and Yaya Toure?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Yeah Glory when i say attacking i don't necessarily mean AM.

He's a CM but with license to break forward, difference between Juve and France is for Juve he's given a lot more offensive freedom where as for France he has to be a lot more reserved when he leaves his designated position to join attacks.

Mainly because they have Payet and Griezmann in front and not much behind Pogba.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:56 pm

that's true, that's why there was such fascination with Balotelli as well but he screwed up himself.

It's rather to see athlete who are so tall, yet very strong, nimble, move as well as midgets like xavi, while being so tremendously gifted with the ball.

it's only in "soccer" that people forget it's a sports, and being a great athlete is important. in US sports it's the first thing they look at lol. 99/100 Pogba is by far the best athlete on the pitch, and then you combine that with his skills. He looks ridiculous.

What does it mean? somehow, someway he will positively contribute to the game, can be on off or def freekick, in transition play off or def, by shooting, by dribbling, by crossing. I still think people who dont want him are bonkers lol

the best show of difference between him and Kroos as Madrid fans are scare for Kroos's life, was last game. In possession, Kroos was, spreading the ball around for his team, but did he make any key play? nope. Pogba was unshackled by Kante and then created a goal moving up.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yep lol.

You want him as close to the penalty area as humanly possible, just like with Yaya Toure when he actually gave a shit.

Let's remember that Pep played Yaya as a Cb in an CL final.

Who knows better, Pep or you?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Pep only did it because he was forced to hmm

He played DM the rest of the time hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Marca claims #RealMadrid rejected €60m #CFC offer, as they'll keep Alvaro Morata
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:26 pm

sports' heart just stopped for a moment
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:28 pm

ES wrote:Marca claims #RealMadrid rejected €60m #CFC offer, as they'll keep Alvaro Morata
no, they want more they over 70 mil for him, and rightly so
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:30 pm

^ If the rumor is to be believed, turning down 60m for a player like Morata can only mean one thing: the club wants to keep him.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:37 pm

I was just saying it and I could be right:

Morata will stay at Real Madrid according to Marca.

Source: article published 40 min ago .
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:02 pm

someone really bid 60 million euros for morata? lol, no wonder pogba is being valued at over 120. btw i don't think morata's a bad player, but i see him as a 15 to 20 million euro striker. i know, the club obviously values him at a lot more, which is what happens in football...but damn, with 60 million i'm sure chelsea could have found some better options out there
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:08 pm

titosantill wrote:someone really bid 60 million euros for morata? lol, no wonder pogba is being valued at over 120. btw i don't think morata's a bad player, but i see him as a 15 to 20 million euro striker. i know, the club obviously values him at a lot more, which is what happens in football...but damn, with 60 million i'm sure chelsea could have found some better options out there

I doubt any of these rumours are true, we'll see but I'm convinced he'll stay in Madrid. (And not because Real Madrid refused a 60m offer, that's ridiculous)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next