windkick
M99
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Casciavit
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Leandro Paredes: The Next Big Thing - Page 3 Empty Re: Leandro Paredes: The Next Big Thing

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Never heard of Paredes being a douche, feel like Rincon is needlessly stereotyping :coffee:

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leandro Paredes: The Next Big Thing - Page 3 Empty Re: Leandro Paredes: The Next Big Thing

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:19 am

After a bit of a slow start, he's more or less turned it around in the last year, especially under Pochettino where he's starting to hit form playing in his natural position. Poch has given him the keys as the main DM while Tuchel preferred to have him play as more of an 8.

Although he became a starter on route to PSG's road to the final last year, his performance against Barca has gained him more hype.

92% pass accuracy
93 touches
10 ball recoveries (most)
6 duels won
5 crosses (most)
3 clearances
3 fouls won
2 tackles
1 chance created
1 shot
1 interception
1 assist

It was his through ball that led to the second goal too. Neymar had to do PR for his boy after that performance.

Although it was against Barca he and Verratti did an excellent job controlling the tempo. PSG were missing some patience in their attacking play in last year's CL run, but it seems like Poch is prioritizing that aspect, which makes them one of the CL favorites this season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:24 pm

He better be worth it @Cascia
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:35 pm

He's limited. There's a reason that Danilo and Gueye were played before him and Galtier basically dismissed him from the team.

Main Strengths:
Long pass
Shot

Biggest weaknesses:
Positioning
Emotions (he goes crazy)
Mobility
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:50 pm

He was mainly a starter under Poch when he wasn’t injured. He was more of a rotational option under Tuchel. Let’s not spread lies now.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:52 pm

Casciavit wrote:He was mainly a starter under Poch when he wasn’t injured. He was more of a rotational option under Tuchel. Let’s not spread lies now.

He does tend to go crazy though hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:02 pm

S wrote:He better be worth it @Cascia

You’ll have to disregard what PSG fans say about him. They have very little understanding of football based on my conversations with them in the last few years.

He’ll be similar to Pjanic. I think he’ll help your first phase build up in a big way and you won’t have a gaping hole in the middle. He’s one of the best volume passers in the world. He’s excellent at controlling the game and his technical level is very high (ball striking).

The slower tempo in Serie A will suit him. That being said him not being able to handle high tempo games is such a myth when his best performances were against Bayern and Barca in the CL.

He’s not the most mobile, but he has excellent ball control under pressure. I think he should take advantage of his passing skills more. He’s usually focused on trying to thread it between the lines instead of spreading it side to side.

He isn’t that athletic, so there’s this perception that he isn’t good defensively. Due to his lack of athleticism he’ll dive into tackles. That’s a con because he is hot headed and likes to shithouse. I think he can also learn to improve his willingness to move in possession. Sometimes he can be a bit stationary instead of being an option for the pass.

He is a good player. He’s been a key cog for Argentina for years and is one of the first names on the team sheet. He changed PSG’s midfield in the 2020 CL run. The moment Verratti got injured he was trusted to be the technical leader in midfield and he did great. Watch the impact he had against Atalanta when he came on, or the MOTM performance against Leipzig. He was their best midfielder in the final but that isn’t saying much because Ander was awful.

I think his best performances for PSG came up against Bayern and Barca. Compare the first and second Bayern leg and you’ll see the impact he made. Even against Madrid the moment he came off they lost all control of the midfield.

I think Juve fans will appreciate him because they had a similar player in Pjanic a few years ago. Allegri has experience developing registas so he’ll be in good hands. The main concern last season was his injury record. So that’s something that needs to be watched out for.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Casciavit wrote:He was mainly a starter under Poch when he wasn’t injured. He was more of a rotational option under Tuchel. Let’s not spread lies now.

He does tend to go crazy though hmm

He does. I’ve realized Argentina has the biggest scumbags in their team.

Emiliano Martinez, Romero, Otamendi, Lisandro, Paredes, De Paul, and I’m sure I’m forgetting others. They’re going to cause chaos at the World Cup. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:36 pm

Emi Martínez is the #1 POS in football for me currently. Has surpassed Jordi Alba.

On topic, Paredes won't set the world on fire but we really need his profile. Injury can make this signing a failure but otherwise he should fit Allegri perfectly. As he said in his last press conference, Paredes comes to fill a need to build play, and free Locatelli and Miretti into their more natural roles.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:45 pm

Just conceded a penalty on his debut ffs
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:54 pm

Fiorentina’s high press has been impressive. Not sure why Allegri presses in a 4-5-1. That’s such an outdated pressing system.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:49 pm

Now Paredes is at my club, and I can confidently bump this.
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Never heard of Paredes being a douche, feel like Rincon is needlessly stereotyping :coffee:

Where you at @BC, Paredes is the most unlikable player at Juve by a long, long, distance, and we are the club that pays Rabiot Laughing

He is only good for starting fights, fraud of a player. The post I wrote in the last page applies almost word for word still, except that in the 4 years since his attitude continued to deteriorate.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:10 pm

Yeah feel like he needs someone to calm him down and Allegri instead just riles him up. Shame his juve spell didn't work out, wonder what psg will do with him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:16 am

In retrospect we should have given all his minutes to Fagioli

I was happy when Paredes signed sadly he did not have much of an impact. Gone next summer for sure. Failed experiment but i'm glad we tried this move, be it only to stop being linked to him every year for 6-8 years Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:10 am

I haven't seen enough of Juve to make a judgement.

He had surgery in the summer, and was playing injured up until the WC and wasn't even that fit to play in it according to him.

Then I noticed he like never played in the last 2 months. Wonder if there was a clause that stipulated if he hit a certain number of minutes his option clause turns into a mandatory buy clause. Allegri really wanted him, so it's not like the management brought him in and Allegri didn't' want him.

Has Allegri ever gone into detail about what exactly happened? It's one of the weirder transfer movements I've seen.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:54 pm

Allegri wanted him and insisted with him until it became abundantly clear that he is simply too poor to play. He is playing as he did for Argentina in the WC, simply running around and kicking with the odd good pass.

At Juve he was signed to play in the center of the midfield shielding the defense. He has lacked the vision and understanding to be good enough for the role. Locatelli, Fagioli and recently the fellow Argentine Barrenechea from the B team have all outperformed him.

Added to the bad attitude, the cards, the training bust up, and most hilariously not having his jersey during a match when he was called to come on as a sub.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:35 pm

Rofl... always thought he sucked tbf... not surprised at all...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3