Casciavit
rincon
Vlad the Impaler
Kaladin
dostoevsky
35 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 35 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:46 pm

Lucas would be the cherry on top, but hakan will play higher and share time with Borini

Not ideal, and not deep, but Niang is finally gone and we at least have him out of our lineup...another win for the mercato

We do need more depth in the winger and b2b mid for kessie but this wishlist is only based on our wonderful mercato, our squad vs the one last year at this time is more than enough to write home about

its typical for a club to stuggle with depth after a large overhaul of personel, its difficult to expect much more than what weve seen, given the circumstance and budget

maybe they have one card up their sleeve, i read Mirabelli has some plans before the day is done

I would take jankto in a heartbeat, he is immense in FIFA lol

giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 35 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by GiancarloC Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:51 pm

No. Just no. We don't have the squad for three competitions and both Bonaventura and Biglia are injury prone. If we fail this season, we could be in major financial trouble and Elliot could step in.

If Mirabelli has something else in mind, he better act quick.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm

My worst fears will become realities if we end up as we are: the 3-X-X formations.

In a scenario where Kessie is, say, suspended, we will probably have no choice but to draw on our strengths elsewhere, i.e. add another of our excellent center-backs and resort to 3-4-3, for instance:

Donnarumma

Musacchio - Bonucci - Romagnoli

Conti - Biglia - Locatelli - Rodriguez

Suso - Cutrone - Bonaventura

Here, it's difficult to field Calhanoglu because we need runners to help alleviate the absence of Kessie's truckloads of energy.

Another option would be to pack the midfield with a 3-3-3-1, which is impractical and renders us toothless. Either way, in Kessie's absence, I see no other way but adding in a defender and using the flanks to hurt the opposition.

What a complex conundrum; but who's to deny it's self-inflicted?
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 pm

3-4-1-2 may be better.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:08 pm

GiancarloC wrote:3-4-1-2 may be better.
This will be, again, our only solution if, this time around, we lose Suso to injury:

Donnarumma

Musacchio - Bonucci - Romagnoli

Conti - Biglia - Kessie - Rodriguez

Calhanoglu
Cutrone - Andre Silva

Which is horrible indeed. With the right supporting players around him and being lucky with injuries, Suso can easily win the Calcio MVP. Too bad he's, at least for now, so alone.

If we consider the last three games' formation to be the starting one (assuming Romagnoli, Biglia and Bonaventura start in place of Musacchio, Locatelli and Borini respectively), this will be our "second" line-up, which, to be totally fair, is ten times weaker than the first:

Donnarumma

Abate - Musacchio - Zapata - Antonioli

Locatelli - Montolivo - Sosa

Borini - Kalinic - Andre Silva

Impotent AF, innit?
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:10 pm

Not horrible at all. Sorry. but while I am irritated we didn't sign anyone else, I am not going to engage in hysterics.

Suso has better players now around him then he did last season. That doesn't excuse the fact that we are thin depth wise.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:26 pm

A very poor end to the summer with not a single marquee signing, besides from Bonucci and a mediocre 30 year old who looks to be on the decline.

We won't be able to compete on three fronts. Absolutely nothing to speak of on the last day. Guess I was right again.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 pm

On the plus side:

http://www.milannews.it/rassegna-stampa/tuttosport-niang-torino-le-cifre-dellaffare-266563

http://www.milannews.it/gli-ex/torino-niang-e-il-colpo-piu-costoso-della-storia-dei-granata-266581

Most sources say that the bonuses is tied to how much Niang scores.

But it is 2 million for the loan and 15 million for the obligation, with three million in bonuses. So potentially he could be 20 milion euros in the end. I say we really stuck it to Urbano Cairo. Di Marzio has said it is 2m loan + 12m (and 1m in bonuses)... but even if that were the case we still got a good deal.

I remember another source saying we are also entitled to 25% of any future sale too.

So we did pretty much screw them over. So let say he somehow booms (lol - which I doubt) and gets sold for 40 million... we'll get 10 million of that.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Having read the interviews of Fassone and Mirabelli, I am largely convinced we didn't do as terribly as I thought. The rationale is clear: we will give the current squad four months, and like mid-term exams, we will sign the necessary cogs in January.

It was especially pleasant to hear Mirabelli admit that he hopes the midfielder and left winger are the only shortcomings of this team; nothing is more reassuring to a fan than knowing that the club executives are not content with what they've done, seek to improve the squad at every chance and always monitor the areas in which we can find upgrades. I really think this management LISTENS to what we say, unlike the previous one which was a bit excessive in its independence and authoritarianism.

We sure did a hell of a job tying Donnarumma, our most expensive player, to a new contract, and we know the likes of Man City would've paid 200 million for Conti, Kessie and Bonucci alone. Fantastic deals.

And it is also very nice to know we already have the deals for Pellegri and Jankto virtually wrapped up for January. I am sure the impotence of our left wing or potentially other areas will lead to more transfers, because Mirabelli said so, and he's proven reliable. If Cutrone manages to avoid the almost-inevitable dip in form that happens to all youngsters after a period of fantastic form, and also if Andre Silva finally finds his feet and delivers on the promise, we can already hope to sell Kalinic for a respectable fee, say 15m, in Summer 2018 and bag more exciting talents.

For all the admirable work of the new management, let us never forget the divine intervention in Summer 2017: Cutrone. Heaven knows where we'd be without his goals against the likes Cagliari. He's been unimaginably decisive and if he keeps his focus, commitment, appetite and passion at such a high level, he has it in him to become the latest Rossonero captain and legend. I don't think Milan has ever had a homegrown Italian striker who became a legend; the likes of Shevchenko, Van Basten, and Inzaghi were imported products. Maybe Cutrone can overcome this curse and make it into the hall of fame.

Or maybe I'm just hyping him up too much. Not sure.

All in all, I give a 9 out of 10 to our mercato. I deduct one point because we signed a center-forward while we needed a winger much more badly, and because we lost perfect squad players like Pasalic and Mati Fernandez who were all too happy to spend another season here on loan and on the bench. Look how needlessly we are short on quality and quantity because of these two unjustifiable decisions.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 pm

I think that's a bit of wishful thinking. I'm sorry to say it.

You simply don't invest in an expensive race car and have only three wheels. This squad won't run right. Mati Fernandez was injured half the time and was generally ineffective. Sosa played more than him. Mati had to leave. I did want Pasalic to stay... but that didn't work out.

Pellegri is too much of a gamble for what they are asking... and Jankto is fine but as long as he's not expensive.

I'm not going to rate this mercato because I'll just argue with someone.

And if we want to make a statement in the winter, lets sign Isco. He ripped Italy to shreds.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Cristiano had an assist to Andre Silva... Cristiano for the winter? Wink

The two seem to be combining well together... Hungary is down to ten men though.

These FS2 commentators... boring as sh*t. When a team scores they announce it in such a drab manner. *snooze*

This is why I try to watch games in Spanish.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:34 pm

As Turkey's mercato is still open... One last piece of business. Sosa is very close to agreeing to a contract of SIX million a season.

http://m.milannews.it/calciomercato-milan/mn-ag-sosa-in-turchia-per-definire-gli-ultimi-dettagli-con-il-trabzonspor-il-tempo-stringe-ma-c-e-fiducia-267230

We will get 5.5 million as a transfer fee.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/milan-sosa-al-trabzonspor-c-e-l-accordo-domani-le-visite-in-turchia-267277

Tomorrow: Sosa will have his medical with Trabzonspor and sign the contract. Five million a season it appears... ridiculous money for such a mediocre player. We are being paid around 5.5-6 million (perhaps more if including bonuses).

Either way... one more of Galliani's relics is leaving.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 am

Wow. Looking back at all this...

I was completely right about Nikola Kalinic. Where are all the goals? I haven't seen them. Cutrone is our top striker, and in all competitions Andre Silva even has more than Kalinic. I still have hope for Silva because he's young, but Kalinic... lmao. Proved me RIGHT.

Kalifraudic indeed.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm

I told you i expected 5 goals out of him and what do we have here? He will be sold at a loss but given who we could have got for that price its fine by me, live and learn.

Honestly pretty happy with the way things have turned out,

We have identity and Gattuso doesnt feel the need to spend to reinvigorate this side.

Bar Kalinic, our summer signings have all shown their ability under gattuso, you can make an argument for silva but i do think he will come good

anyway, we were bound to have one flop out of the 11 new players, its not like we thought kalinic would be a dzeko
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:58 pm

It was a major error and waste of money when we could have snagged another midfielder.

Kalinic has proven my expectations correctly and we still lack a major striker who could score 20 plus goals to put us over the top.

Milan didn't sign anyone over the winter, but we may still get 2-3 more signings over the summer. And Dzeko, while older now, may be a good option.

We still lack someone upfront. Cutrone is great but he isn't a big striker. We are also linked with a summer move for Marco Reus for attack, but his fitness is always a problem. We weren't likely to sign anyone during the winter because big names are also less likely to move mid season.

One signing I wish makes a comeback is Conti. I was excited for his signing and liked what I saw when he played, but then he was struck by that horrible injury.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:51 pm

true, what of calabria?

ive been wondering, theres no way we get both of them long term, theres only one starting spot and conti will have to win that back atm

i think dzeko would be the best thing for us, in place of Kalanic so he can have the presence upfront

id also like to see us with two of silva/cutrone/dzeko if that did happen up front. Not one to agree with silvio but i would want to see if gattuso can revive the xmas tree or diamond mid
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:53 pm

If we want to compete on multiple fronts, the selection headache for Gattuso is welcomed. Conti will have to prove himself and win back a starting spot of course.

Dzeko is a proven Serie A scorer and one that would work effectively with both Cutrone and Silva. Cutrone played on the left wing against Ludorgrets and was effective.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:52 pm

https://acmilan.theoffside.com/ac-milan-transfers-rumours-news/2018/2/5/16974736/ac-milan-complete-their-first-summer-signing

Supposedly Ivan Strinic will join us at the end of the season. A good back up option as a left back for Rodriguez. It will probably mean that Luca Antonelli is as good as gone.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:55 pm

http://m.milannews.it/calciomercato-milan/corriereit-milan-reina-ha-detto-si-nuovo-parametro-zero-in-arrivo-dopo-strinic-286461

Newer source. Pepe Reina will join to replace Storari, after Strinic joins. Some may fear he will replace Gigio, but I think Gigio will stay. I do understand the concerns though.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:35 am

reina is an old bastard. gigio is our best player and most valuable asset, but its obvious that he's destined for greener pastures. i just hope we dont sell him to juve! sell him to psg!

strinic? straight outta the galliani playbook..
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:36 am

our club is poor.

doesnt seem like any gives a *bleep* about milan here?? the place is completely dead!
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:24 am

Elliott saves the day. Who would have thought that a vulture fund would save this team? In reality, they do seem geniunely interested in saving this team from the lies of the previous management. I can't believe even I was duped... maybe I was extremely hopeful. Maybe stupidly hopeful about Li yonghong and the others. Their management appointments have been top notch and while I was skeptical about Leonardo... he has already redeemed himself. I do feel Mirabelli should have been given more of a chance to stay on, but Fassone *bleep* up with FIFA. Good riddance.

Higuain + Caldara... me like.

And yeah this site is completely dead.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:33 am

Oh and Kalinic was total shit and we're still trying to offload him?

Higuain is here, and Higuain is rarely injured. Higuain + Cutrone up front may work. But lets keep Suso. Bernard would be a good addition though, and so would Kovacic who we were linked with. Rabiot is another name we've been linked to once again.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:26 am

GiancarloC wrote:Oh and Kalinic was total shit and we're still trying to offload him?

Higuain is here, and Higuain is rarely injured. Higuain + Cutrone up front may work. But lets keep Suso. Bernard would be a good addition though, and so would Kovacic who we were linked with. Rabiot is another name we've been linked to once again.

Hey, Gian! Just as I thought I was the only online user in this dead forum, you resurface! Glad to see you! Now didn't your Kalinic prediction worked out like a charm!

Unfortunately, Bernard is gone. Everton beat us to his tiny ass. But Rabiot is still perfectly possible, given he has less than a year on his deal and could negotiate free transfers from January on. And Bakayoko is in the bag. Not awfully exciting, but good as Kessie's sub.

Not sure how it's gonna end, but we still have time for a couple deals if we manage to get rid of the useless dead meat.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiancarloC Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:23 am

I can't seem to remember this site. I need to book mark it.

Kalinic was never the right player. He was never going to get double digits for goals. I predicted 4-5 goals. I was one off.

We're kind of loaded in Bernard's position, but why did he want Everton? A team that isn't even in the EL? Rabiot is fine.

Bakayoko? No thanks.

GiancarloC
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next