Freeza
BeautifulGame
VivaStPauli
The Madrid One
The Nature Boy
49 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

who is the most overrated player? - Page 2 Empty Re: who is the most overrated player?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Not only that, some think he's some sort of criminal now lol...

Back to top Go down

who is the most overrated player? - Page 2 Empty Re: who is the most overrated player?

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm

I wish ppl would leave Balo alone...

I know he creates alot of the media shitstorm that surrounds him himself, but it hurts the development of the player IMO..

as the old saying goes: Let 'em play
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:15 pm

I just don't see why Balotelli gets so much Media attention. It's either he's just that good... Or the Media is in love with him...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Like I said he creates the attention for himself... but they take it over the top IMO.

It wasnt like this years ago... players didnt have to constanly be on show for the media to drool over. Now badboys like Balo get exposed and get hated, and IMO it can affect them as a player
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Well, the media won't let him go anytime soon, hopefully this dosen't truly tarnish his future...

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Bale this season, Zidane on the all time list
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by obvious-troll Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 pm

isn't overrated and overhyped basically the same?

obvious-troll
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljuljo Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:52 pm

king_alex10 wrote:Here are my working definitions for the 2 terms, hopefully this clarifies a bit:

Overrated: a player is overrated when his value to the team (club or national) and league are completely overstated. "Gareth Barry is so valuable to his team because he keeps things ticking/moving in midfield" when really it could be any tom, dick, or harry that does what he does. The description of the player is often too highly ranked, and therefore his rating too high. "James Milner is a great player because he works so hard for the team, he is so great". His value is overstated because besides working hard, what does he do? what merits does he have? are the merits he does have appraised to highly? this is what I think when I think in terms of overrated.

Overhyped: The buzz around the palyer is too high and unwarrented. "pastore is the next maradona" when they dont do nearly the same thing. "Messi is the best footballer the world has ever seen" when his career isnt even over yet. The player is advertized or promoted to extremes.

Much appreciated.
Ljuljo
Ljuljo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:43 pm

who is the most overrated player? - Page 2 Wazza33-205x300

For sure
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:51 pm

sciacca wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:overhyped.......

Definitely, but what about Balotelli?

balo? dont really see anyone calling him a god or anything, ah im pretty even about him
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:52 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
sciacca wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:overhyped.......

Definitely, but what about Balotelli?

balo? dont really see anyone calling him a god or anything, ah im pretty even about him

Well the media surely show it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm

they follow him around and cause more gossip than anything else imo
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Had to be Jibers to mention Zidane. Jeez. Anyway, James Milner wins this one hands down for me. Would add Gareth Barry but I don't see the point anymore. No one but his mother and his doggy rates him...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 pm

jibers? lol anyways i thought this thread was current players?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:02 pm

The Madrid One wrote:they follow him around and cause more gossip than anything else imo

Exactly they do that only with Balotelli... Well mostly with him. I don't know what they see in him, usually when they publish these things in the newspaper... they do it to get the readers attention... I just don't see how people in general tend to care what Balotelli does off the pitch... It's like they stalk him and write about anything he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 pm

ya its weird, probably easy to "pick" on him by folowing him
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:12 pm

The Madrid One wrote:ya its weird, probably easy to "pick" on him by folowing him

All I know is that the Italian media made a big deal about him because he was proclaimed to the next best Italian in this decade. Already as a youth scoring more than 20 goals before the age of 20 with Inter. That I guess is reasonable... But why the english media making such a big deal? Like for crying out loud, they are even filming him when he is getting dressed, putting a bib on. Sure it's funny to watch, and it's weird that he can't put it on... but c'mon... I might aswell film him when he's in the shower too. If thats the case, then the English media might think he might also be a big thing in the future..

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

he creates money, its right for them in their opinion to take that into advantage.

i wouldnt call it over rating him, id call it abuse of propaganda, or how ever ud like to put it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:22 pm

The Madrid One wrote:he creates money, its right for them in their opinion to take that into advantage.

i wouldnt call it over rating him, id call it abuse of propaganda, or how ever ud like to put it.

Or even over hype with all the publication going on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 pm

overhype, abuse of propaganda, but not overated.

hes a very outlandish guy that does a whole lot of stuff, he good for the money you know.

i hope he has a good future though.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:26 pm

It's betweem Bale and Chicharito imo.

guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm

ridiculous some people comparing javier to messi.

miles away from even having similar roles, playing styles.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 pm

OVERRATED-miguel veloso ,joe hart,asamoah gyan OVERHYPED-javier pastore and Milan's Fwd Lineup
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm

boateng,absolutely the most overrated
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:11 pm

gyan is the most overrated IMO..that guy scores 2 penalties and misses a crucial one and suddenly thr's all the hype surrounding him and now ironically he plays in overrated epl..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm not gonna read all the pages , but if anyone said that Abate is overrated he must quit watching football :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next