https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pck2AAAMFZs

genuinely excited to see Sergi back in midfield

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by windkick Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:42 am

Deulofeu had a goal and 2 assits today as a starter (only played 1 half). He isn't the brightest but the kid is great and setting up goals and is trying hard to try and win some minutes. He's gonna do just fine
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Preseasons are not where you judge players. Especially not against a shitty Brazilian team.

Just to remind you, Munir and Sandro also had great preseasons. Look what they turned out to be Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 pm

WTF is happening with Bussi? He is loosing so many balls. I can't recognize him anymore!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Rakitic is absolute trash lmao. I don't know why people keep defending him. This fool is Gomes' level. Been saying this for some time now.

Just look at this contest: Rakitic-Roberto-Gomes VS Kovacic-Modric-Kroos. LMAO

Dembele & Coutinho would be great for a start but these imbeciles will probably stop at Paulinho and call it a day. ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:20 am

Have can you scapegoat Rakitić for a whole team's disaster?

Coutinho and Dembélé are nothing special. Stop fooling yourself.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 am

Barca looking legit worse since the 07/08 season.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:50 am

The team just doesn't work hard enough, strangely. For a total football side, the team plays very little total football.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:Rakitic is absolute trash lmao. I don't know why people keep defending him. This fool is Gomes' level. Been saying this for some time now.

Maybe Rakitic is deteriorating but for more than a season he had proved to be a very shrewd signing for us and shrewd signings have unfortunately been largely alien for us.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 pm

I dont scapegoat Rakitic, I've always said hes a shitty player and I stand by my opinion always and everywhere. He's Gomes' level and you all be hating on Gomes but keep defending Rakitic. :facepalm:

Coutinho is better than Rakitic & Dembele is better than anyone we have right now who can replace Neymar. Thats all I know and I'm aware they're both 'nothing special' like Kroos or Modric but we will not get any better with this management so I'm hoping for at least something.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Rakatic is a top player, hes been asked to play not in his best position ever since he joined us, or asked to play a role that doesnt best suit him, but still his performances are always good, and he gives a lot to us despite that, so I have a lot of respect for him and would be a shame if ppl use him as scapegoat.

Its probably not right to criticize any one or two players right now since so much is wrong atm, everyone is feeling it and naturally affecting performances, and getting used to a new manager as well.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:21 pm

He's not a top player, he is worth less than Kroos' left foot and Modric's right toe.

How are we suppposed to catch back up to Madrid if Cules keep calling mediocrity the 'top'? The guy can;t even string 2 passes together while Madrid's midfielders be doing no touch triangles like prime '08-'11 Barca.

But if you wanna settle for mediocrity then it's your choice.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Great game again by Rakitić, don't understand what this '15er is talking about.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Betis.....

Against Madrid he was tripping over his own legs. A little pressure and everything becomes clear. But yeah, he had a good game against goddamn Real Betis Balompié. Kudos.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:36 pm

He was actually one of the better players against Madrid (if you can call anyone good during that match). Besides, he worked hard and ran his socks off.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Didn't catch this game this weekend but I read somewhere that we played a 4-2-3-1, is this true? I read it actually worked pretty well and helped midfield retain the ball more. Who played the CAM? Was it Sergi?

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 pm

windkick wrote:Didn't catch this game this weekend but I read somewhere that we played a 4-2-3-1, is this true? I read it actually worked pretty well and helped midfield retain the ball more. Who played the CAM? Was it Sergi?

Yes we did retain the ball well and also were pretty comfortable in getting out from the back, something we struggled to do during majority of Lucho reign. Also I liked how we were patient and concentrated on weaving passes then straight up hoofing it to forwards. If this is the direction Valverde wants us to go then am onboard.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:11 pm

La Liga debut team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKiNmrWsAExIG-.jpg

Looks like none of the new guys will get a shot from the beginning, standard Barca 433
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Nah, I'm watching the game. They are playing 4-2-3-1 but allot of swapping positions going on.

---------Ter Stegen
Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
-----Rakitic-----Busq
Vidal----Iniesta----Deulofeu
----------Messi

Roberto and Vidal swap allot, Deulofeu and Iniesta and Messi falling back sometimes. They do drop to a 4-3-3 sometimes though, our football is looking good right now for sure from Valverde. Lots of fun transitions

If I had to complain about something it would be Vidal's decision making. Everyone else has been good this game but Vidal I'm not overly crazy about. Once Dembele signs he will likely see no more playing time with Semedo/Roberto playing right back and Messi/Deulofeu playing right wing.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:06 pm

So what will be our first choice lineup though? I thought Dembele can play Neymars position? We never stick to anything rigid so I assume something like a 4-3-3 as usual keeping with tradition. Major change in formation would be a huge change for us.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Left flank seems to be very weak , not many balls are being created. Vidal and Roberto are doing fine runs but nothing promising with respect to attacking threat.

zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:10 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:So what will be our first choice lineup though? I thought Dembele can play Neymars position? We never stick to anything rigid so I assume something like a 4-3-3 as usual keeping with tradition. Major change in formation would be a huge change for us.

I got a feeling this is what they ultimatley want

--------Ter Stegen
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
-----Rakitic--Busquests
-Dembele-Messi-Coutinho
----------Suarez

With Paulinho/Sergi/Mascherano backing up the DMs slots

Deulofeu/Denis backing up both wings

And Iniesta to be rotated in the CAM role, and when he starts that would move Messi to the right and one of Coutinho/Dembele would get benched and be a power sub.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Man, this was such a *bleep* refreshing site to behold. I didn't think Valverde would actually keep Messi at the centre of the field with Suarez back, but he's really set his mind to this. Props to that. We'll have to see how Suarez copes with it though. I'm willing to blame the injury for his performance, but he'll have to adapt and step it up from now on. Rakitic again showing decent form since he doesn't have to cover such a huge space. Dembele with a very good first few minutes in a Barça kit...

Pff, positive vibes. Still expecting some drama from Suarez in the long run, but we'll see.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Semedo. Simply an alround good player, very pleased with him.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:29 pm

What a great game. Finally an enjoyable one from start to finish.

Alba looks like he was given a new life after Enrique left, his first good game since a long long time.

Everyone played really well honestly, but I'm quite concerned about Iniesta. IDK if it's a dip in form or did decline started kicking in in a brutal way because he really looked not-so-good, to be polite. I'm afraid it's already the latter.

Semedo looks fantastic, I loved his performance. The guy is really skillful and it feels like we finally found a good RB in the post-Alves era.

Also a good debut for Dembele, showed a bit of skill aswell and noted a great assist for Suarez. He impressed me in this little amount of time he received & I'm so keen to see him (hopefully) start against Jjuventus.

To my suprise Deulofeu had a very good game too. His footballing intelligence is not the highest, but he can be really dangerous coming on from the bench against a tired opponent. His pace can really tire the shit out of the fullback that is following him.

Paulinho looks really out of place & below the required level, but he can help to rest Busquets against weaker opposition which is nice.

I just cannot wait for the next game. I'm glad the excitement is back, even if it's still really early into the season.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Despite all the off field problems, I am cautiously optimistic about this season.
Great game from us. The passing game was really good, something that we rarely saw under Enrique. The play out of the back was also excellent, again something we didnt see under Enrique.
In Semedo, we seem to have found ourselves a football player. Deulofeu is also playing really well.

The midfield and the formation are still question marks. It was interesting the way Valverde played yesterday. He correctly realizes that playing Messi on the right wing is just inviting trouble. So went with both a single pivot midfield, Messi and Suarez center top and Deulofeu wide right. Alba providing width on the left. When defending Iniesta slides left, Deu right with Raki and Busquets in the middle. It is something different and interesting. I like it.

The midfield still remains a question mark. With Coutinho, we would have been legit CL contenders. I still think we have the personnel. A player like Denis Suarez has all the tools to excel in midfield for us. Just needs a chance.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:09 am

Agreed with Alex. I think Denis Suarez has some potential, hopefully, Valverde gives him the chance to play.

A concern for me was how Suarez had to keep drifting to the left. While he might adjust to playing over there, I'm not sure all of his strengths are being used to the fullest.

Nevertheless, I too am cautiously optimistic. Let's see.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next