Kaladin
M99
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
14 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 32

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Bryan's definitely the bigger superstar by far. The impact he made is only matched by Punk if we're talking about this decade. One of the most over guys in history who brought the company mainstream attention and the made the product watchable for a period.

Styles has only been in the company for just a over a year though. Remains to be seen what kind of a mark he'll leave.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 32

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Onyx wrote:Bryan's definitely the bigger superstar by far. The impact he made is only matched by Punk if we're talking about this decade. One of the most over guys in history who brought the company mainstream attention and the made the product watchable for a period.

Styles has only been in the company for just a over a year though. Remains to be seen what kind of a mark he'll leave.

Well yeah, i wasn't debating that with him tbh would be stupid for me to do so. He also was talking about it from a pure in ring stand point.

No point comparing a guy on star level who was in WWE for 5 years plus to someone who has been there a year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Bryan one of the most over wrestlers ever? of the current era, no doubt

best wrestler ever?

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 8 BvYPTJf

Styles has been pretty much universally hailed as the best current wrestler since his TNA days

Bryan was an above average wrestler but you can name many that were better overall than he was IMO

AJ could carry Enzo to a 4.5 star match IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKWIf9YOmk

5 stars IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Bryan bigger than Styles :facepalm:

Take those WWE glasses off. I would only agree that AJ has never been able to match Bryan's 1 year peak but over the last 10-12 years, AJ was/is a more established and accomplished wrestler. There's no debating that. TNA gained it's most popularity when AJ was hot.

This is like saying X player is the greatest ever because he played in the PL while ignoring the best players from all other leagues.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Not really a workrate mark (don't think that's been established yet hmm), but Bryan got some Meltzer award for being the best wrestler in the world for like 8 years straight.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:00 pm

S wrote:Bryan bigger than Styles :facepalm:

Take those WWE glasses off. I would only agree that AJ has never been able to match Bryan's 1 year peak but over the last 10-12 years, AJ was/is a more established and accomplished wrestler. There's no debating that. TNA gained it's most popularity when AJ was hot.

This is like saying X player is the greatest ever because he played in the PL while ignoring the best players from all other leagues.

He was a bigger star in WWE is what MT is saying, it's fair enough tbh considering he was there longer etc etc.

I have said before that Styles was bigger in the indies IMO, mainly because ROH never had the reach that TNA had in the mid 2000s.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Onyx wrote:Not really a workrate mark (don't think that's been established yet hmm), but Bryan got some Meltzer award for being the best wrestler in the world for like 8 years straight.

Best technical wrestler yeah, no one would deny it either really. But there's like 3 separate Meltzer awards Laughing

There's a technical one, overall one and then there's the Flair/Thez one ( which Bryan has never won and Styles has) which takes into consideration both character and ring work.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm

yeah AJ has been 'hot' for as long as Cena has been on top tbh, he has been consistently great for over a decade and over EVERYWHERE he's wrestled. Superstar in Japan, etc.

Almost every  WWE casual fans knew who AJ was when TNA was around and that was due to how good he was/is. Everyone was talking about him.

Bryan's career in the WWE was cut short unfortunately so people will always remember that short period where he was on FIRE and use him as the standard for which others are measured. Similar to Tupac and Biggie.

For me, Styles being over everywhere for over a decade is far more impressive than what Bryan accomplished, which had a lot to do with the current climate of the WWE fanbase at the time just as much as it did his own abilities.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:08 pm

and yeah I know Bryan was a known commodity in the indies and what not before moving to the WWE but he wasn't hailed as some GOAT like AJ. People spoke of him in the same sentence as Cesaro etc.

I don't give AF about Dave Meltzer either. Lad is a clown.

For me being a wrestler is about having the full package and your strengths being able to make up for your weaknesses. AJ's solid on the Mic but not amazing but he makes up for it with in ring. Jericho is pretty much my standard for someone who is a complete wrestler.

Bryan was good technically in the ring like was mentioned, one of the best but that doesn't make up for terrible mic work (inb4 his one good promo) or the fact he's a vanilla midget-goat (actual goat) hybrid. for me. Was never sold on him though and I feel myself being pulled back into 2013 territory with these posts so i'm out.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:12 pm

what I will give Bryan props for (although this is also props to the current smark crowds) is that without him paving the way, WWE would never be pushing guys like AJ, Joe, etc that made a name for themselves outside of the E
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 pm

It's a pointless argument anyway because Bryan is retired so there's no room for change in the argument lol.

The way people feel about Bryan positively or negatively isn't going to change which makes an immovable wall for an argument lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Firenze wrote:what I will give Bryan props for (although this is also props to the current smark crowds) is that without him paving the way, WWE would never be pushing guys like AJ, Joe, etc that made a name for themselves outside of the E

While he deserves a lot of respect for this, people IMO give him far too much credit for it and CM Punk not enough who is just as vital to this IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 pm

fair point when I think about it

I always forget that Bryan's comeup was like a reboot of Punk's right down to his origins, just with a bigger budget hmm

I also think that Punk's felt more natural and entertaining, that's what actually got me watching properly again
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Think I've done this debate before, but imo if it isn't the WWE it doesn't mean much imo. WWE is the big leagues. TNA, NJPW or any other indy is nowhere near the size of WWE.

If we're going with the football analogy then it's like a player moving to the PL/La Liga from say the Slovenian league and finally getting the recognition he deserves from fans.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm

I have changed my stance on Bryan since his GM run anyway, he used to bore me senseless tbh but i actually like him now.

To the point i wish he would be able to come back, i will freely admit the documentary they did about his retirement and him having seizures made me relate to him as i have them too lol.

So that's probably a reason too hmm Oh well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Punk's promos were like shoots so it's quite obvious you'll feel natural about it.  His pipebomb before MITB 2011 was something none expected  and many people actually thought he was being real there so that alone got a lot of people into WWE again.
Joey Styles also delivered a similar type pipebomb before he left.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have changed my stance on Bryan since his GM run anyway, he used to bore me senseless tbh but i actually like him now.

To the point i wish he would be able to come back, i will freely admit the documentary they did about his retirement and him having seizures made me relate to him as i have them too lol.

So that's probably a reason too hmm Oh well.

Epileptic seizures ? Do you still take phenytoin?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:30 pm

I take other things daily, i don't think they are called that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I take other things daily, i don't think they are called that.

I asked because I had seizures too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:33 pm

It's cool brah, i have dealt with it my whole life i don't mind talking about it.

Do you still suffer from it hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's cool brah, i have dealt with it my whole life i don't mind talking about it.

I had one in 2013 (first time) and due to my negligence of stopping tablets without doctor's consent, I suffered another episode in 2015 otherwise I wouldve very much avoided this episode.

Feel good now though. Like I said, I'm taking phenytoin/eptoin tablets and would have to probably continue to take them for 4-5 years.

You've had seizures since you're birth going by what you're saying ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:45 pm

We have two extremes here. We have one guy saying Bryan is much better than Styles in ring (he's not) and another guy that says he is above average ( Laughing ). No middle ground.

Truth is Bryan is one of the best in ring wrestlers of all time and so is Styles. I prefer Styles over Bryan when it comes to wrestling but Bryan could have an entertaining match with a broomstick.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Personally think they both pale in comparison to Jon Heidenreich
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:59 pm

lmao Heidenrich, speaking of him, did I post this here when I stumbled across it a few months ago? unreal scenes

Heidenrich (who looks like he's been paid with an all you can eat year pass by the event organizers) vs a clown outside of some poverty restaurant

unreal career trajectory
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:01 pm

S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's cool brah, i have dealt with it my whole life i don't mind talking about it.

I had one in 2013 (first time) and due to my negligence of stopping tablets without doctor's consent, I suffered another episode in 2015 otherwise I wouldve very much avoided this episode.

Feel good now though. Like I said, I'm taking phenytoin/eptoin tablets and would have to probably continue to take them for 4-5 years.

You've had seizures since you're birth going by what you're saying ?

Yeah it's from fathers side of the family, mine isn't particularly bad though compared to some cases. I have more issues with hazard control, which is why i'm not medically allowed to drive and i once chopped the top of my finger with a lawn mower. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next