guest7
Winter is Coming
Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 38 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:12 am

Love to see it.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 38 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:28 am

"Played his role well tonight but went missing around the 80th minute mark"

from redcafe.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:09 am

Casciavit wrote:Walked out of Old Trafford before the end of the game because he didn’t get subbed on. He’s ruining his legacy each and every week.

and this is why us "Messi fans" always said his biggest weakness was his inflated ego/individual accomplishments before team mentality

pride comes before the fall...
Messi and Steph Curry could never
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:22 am

For all we know, Ten Haag could've promised him that he would start, only to change his mind once the match turned in Man United's favor. CR7's temper tantrums is no secret, but we're only judging what we're allowed to see. I know I would be pissed off if a coach had given me his word that I would play, only to later change his mind. I think that's relatively unrelated to how the team performs. I believe the average guy would be upset about that, regardless of whether or not the team ends up winning. I'm not necessarily defending CR, just want to point out that it's always easy to perceive and interpret things at face value.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:33 am

why should a player be promised to get game time.. nonsense
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:43 am

That's pretty common when they've been benched for a period of time, and then start performing well either in training or in an official match. It shows a sign of confidence and gratitude for their effort. I like to think that most coaches, ideally, would perhaps suggest that a player may have earned their right to play more, as opposed to making any promises, but that can also lead to misinterpretation. It was reported long ago that Gareth Bale was unhappy for similar reasons, and I suspected that it may have been a result of misinterpretation on his part, if it was true at all (I think I recall him mentioning it in an interview, himself).
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 pm

hope we let him leave in January, best all around tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:02 pm

"Disappeared up his own tunnel a long time ago."'

from rawk.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:49 pm

Plot twist: the tanning salon was closing in 30 minutes
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:59 pm

Love it Very Happy Keep it up CR, ruining ur legacy n showing ur true self Very Happy

At a point in his career he actually gained my respect, just how insanely he pushed Messi, n just some clutch as well as longevity, etc... but what a terrible end to his career Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:46 pm

WHAT?! I thought ETH simply didnt want to sub him on but it turns out CR was about to come on as a sub but refused and now he's banished from the 1st team squad Laughing Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:28 pm

There’s no excuse for Ronaldo’s behavior. I’ve been slowly losing respect for the guy. I’ll always be a fan, but this is just despicable and unprofessional. The last couple seasons have really changed my view on him. He’s still one of the greatest players, and I think off the pitch he is a good guy, but he’s acting like a crybaby right now
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:21 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Love it Very Happy Keep it up CR, ruining ur legacy n showing ur true self Very Happy

At a point in his career he actually gained my respect, just how insanely he pushed Messi, n just some clutch as well as longevity, etc... but what a terrible end to his career Very Happy

Won't affect his legacy, people who like his football won't all of a sudden go "oh he was always a garbage player". And people who don't will have their same opinions. One of the biggest problems with athletes is they don't know when to retire or hang it up. He should have done so after juve. But his legacy is set. Nobody harps on Ronaldinho's post barca career or Drogba's post Chelsea days. When people talk legacy u remember the players at their peak.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:27 pm

That's something to be respected about Pele, he didn't overstay his welcome, as far as competitive football, went out on a high, didn't rejoin the Brazilian team after the last world cup win and played it out with Santos. That cosmos deal was just a money play for him.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:30 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:There’s no excuse for Ronaldo’s behavior. I’ve been slowly losing respect for the guy. I’ll always be a fan, but this is just despicable and unprofessional. The last couple seasons have really changed my view on him. He’s still one of the greatest players, and I think off the pitch he is a good guy, but he’s acting like a crybaby right now
wasn't the sexual assault that made you lose respect for him?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:01 pm

titosantill u may be right, looking back in the future ppl will prolly focus on his peaks n achievements...maybe its just me having witnessed all this, n being a hater, i definitely will include this period when I judge his career Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:20 pm

Clutch wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:There’s no excuse for Ronaldo’s behavior. I’ve been slowly losing respect for the guy. I’ll always be a fan, but this is just despicable and unprofessional. The last couple seasons have really changed my view on him. He’s still one of the greatest players, and I think off the pitch he is a good guy, but he’s acting like a crybaby right now

That was complete bullshit. The metoo nonsense has gone too far. She went for a civil lawsuit. She just wanted $$$ end of the day.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:33 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
Clutch wrote:

That was complete bullshit. The metoo nonsense has gone too far. She went for a civil lawsuit. She just wanted $$$ end of the day.
Idk women rarely lie about that stuff. Also weren't there transcripts of Ronaldo admitting he did have sex with her even tho she was saying no?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:00 am

titosantill wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Love it Very Happy Keep it up CR, ruining ur legacy n showing ur true self Very Happy

Won't affect his legacy, people who like his football won't all of a sudden go "oh he was always a garbage player". And people who don't will have their same opinions. One of the biggest problems with athletes is they don't know when to retire or hang it up. He should have done so after juve. But his legacy is set. Nobody harps on Ronaldinho's post barca career or Drogba's post Chelsea days. When people talk legacy u remember the players at their peak.

Yeah was gonna say this. People don't realize how short footballing memory is. Give it a few years and no one will remember this stuff except diehard Man U fans, who might still hold a grudge.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:43 am

Ronaldo ain't the first legendary player who can't deal with the twilight of his career smooth and he won't be the last. And I always wonder, as I have no idea what it is like to be at that level, if I would handle the same situation with any grace if I were Ronaldo.

Anyway, as Tito has way more maturity and memory than me, he said what all should be said on this one.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:28 am

Clutch wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:
Clutch wrote: wasn't the sexual assault that made you lose respect for him?

Idk women rarely lie about that stuff. Also weren't there transcripts of Ronaldo admitting he did have sex with her even tho she was saying no?

Rarely lie? 🤨🤨

Women regularly tease during sex.

I don’t even want to have this argument. Let’s please talk about football. Take the metoo stuff somewhere else
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:59 am

Clutch wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:
Clutch wrote: wasn't the sexual assault that made you lose respect for him?

He admitted to it in a document, but it couldn’t be used because of attorney/client privilege. It was a pretty credible document confirmed by the same paper who confirmed the tax case documents that were in the same document leak.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:20 am

Doc has a good point on Legends now going out smoothly because they refuse to go down that way.

But CR if he studied what Zlatan did at Milan, who wasn't as explosive as he was and made up for it by involving his more creative side (fine, which CR does not have) but also playing more for the team he could have been useful beyond occasional clutch goal despite him ruining the team chemistry. Zlatan instilled an entire winning culture in a team destitute of it. He barely plays but the coach to the squad continue to speak of his influence on the entire brand itself.

Near the end of the CR v Messi saga I began to like CR more but I've lost respect based on the way he has handled things and refused to evolve his game either, despite his age. Its just hard to take him seriously now.

But CR critics definitely are using this to capitalise on his downfall like vultures, that is for certain.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:51 am

nail in the coffin gunna go so hard if Messi wins the WC in December
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:nail in the coffin gunna go so hard if Messi wins the WC in December
He legitimately may be on suicidal watch. Not kidding

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:59 pm

Peak douche bag behavior from cr as usual, no empty goals to paper over the cracks? Crazy how quickly cr declined when he doesn't have a stacked team creating sitters for him, anyway this type of behavior at 37 imagine in his 20's didn't cr force rvn out of manu? Didn't he kick higuain out of spite? Didn't bale get ostracized because of cr too, the guy has always been a self centered glory hunter.

Ronaldo leaving the game early was to take away from manu performance and make it about himself, just how he did after madrid won a CL, he didn't score and played like shit as usual, came out and said he leaving just rob the players and the club of the moment, Mou described cr perfectly during benzema bdo ceremony, hope he continues to struggle so that for all the players he held back.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next