Arquitecto
Winter is Coming
Freeza
M99
S
56 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by farfan Sun May 28, 2017 5:59 pm

rincon wrote:Mbappe and B. Silva are the ones who seem like sure bets.

Fabinho seems good, I'd like to have him.

The rest I wasn't particularly impressed with, including Bakayoko, and in the case of Lemar, he looked like a scrub in CL.
Firenze wrote:Lemar did look shite against Juve

and tbh you have to remember Thauvin, Valbuena etc are tearing up that league from the wing

Depay's scoring goals from the halfway line after not being able to dribble past stationary cones in the PL

I do think he and Bakayoko look like future flops IMO

What the hell are you guys talking about? Laughing

Lemar had a much better second half of season than Silva and was more involved than him in the City and Dortmund matches.

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by CBarca Sun May 28, 2017 6:01 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
Firenze wrote:

why do people keep putting Walker in these lineups too, I can't see Spurs selling to them. Levy will want like 70m

Because the dealio is done.

Personal terms all agreed and we'll agree a fee once Walker gets back from Hong Kong.

On one hand I can't see Levy selling to PL rivals. On the other, every man has his price and Levy knows this...it's also not a player like Kane but a player like Walker, who could probably be replaced.

It's believable.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 28, 2017 6:04 pm

farfan wrote:

The rest I wasn't particularly impressed with, including Bakayoko, and in the case of Lemar, he looked like a scrub in CL.

and tbh you have to remember Thauvin, Valbuena etc are tearing up that league from the wing

Depay's scoring goals from the halfway line after not being able to dribble past stationary cones in the PL

Lemar had a much better second half of season than Silva and was more involved than him in the City and Dortmund matches.

Did you watch the Juve games? terrible.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 28, 2017 6:12 pm

rincon wrote:
farfan wrote:

Did you watch the Juve games? terrible.

Did you watch the games against Spurs, City, and Dortmund?

I did watch his atrocious first game vs Juve, but I'm not going to reduce his season or his future to that one game where he was played out of position against a CL favorite.
His qualities are undeniable.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 28, 2017 6:14 pm

As for the potential " frauds " in that Monaco team who have a high chance of getting exposed if they move elsewhere, I'd have to go with Bakayoko, Sidibé, and Jemerson.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 28, 2017 7:59 pm

€60M - Silva
€150M - Mbappé
€50M - Fabinho
€50M - Mendy
€50M - Walker
World record fee for Ederson etc

Literally half a billion of insane asinine spending

Pep should have his contract rescinded if he can't win league or CL next season imo

No amount of 'faults' or 'happy new year' clownish interview taunts is going to save him next season. He's going to be a marked man next season and rightfully so.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 28, 2017 8:12 pm

€50M for Mendy and then ppl talks about Perisic ? Scored even today :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 8:20 pm

S wrote:€60M - Silva
€150M - Mbappé
€50M - Fabinho
€50M - Mendy
€50M - Walker
World record fee for Ederson etc

Literally half a billion of insane asinine spending

Pep should have his contract rescinded if he can't win league or CL next season imo

No amount of 'faults' or 'happy new year' clownish interview  taunts is going to save him next season. He's going to be a marked man next season  and rightfully so.

not that Mbappe is gonna go but yeah, Pep is a clown. First season where he isn't in a league that he can dominate 18 part time teams like Frankfurt or Gijon to win the title, he finishes with 0 trophies for the first time in his career so what's his solution? panic buying an entire new starting 11 rofl this is certain peoples messiah at work here

He's definitely going to be crucified next season if he fails to win the league or CL

will 100% be sacked in that situation IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 pm

I would have thought after Mourinho spent 200m to an already multiple hundred million pound squad and finished 6th people would finally realise it's not as simple as spending money and expecting results.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 8:55 pm

lol Mourinho won 3/5 possible trophies and only got in 4 players in his first summer

Pep is trying to buy an entire new core to a team he already reinforced last season with 6 first team players (3 of which are complete flops that will probably be sold/relegated from the starting lineup)

I think it's fair to expect results from Pep at some point if he continues to follow this trend
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Of course it is I was trying to get you to bite lol,  BTW considering they won't get Mbappe I don't think they are massively overhauling the team tbh.

Two fullbacks, DM, GK and Bernardo Silva doesn't seem that drastic to me even if the money is obscene.

Bernardo Silva aside it's exactly what I would have said they needed to sign.

Everyone knows they are weak positions for them, Sagna, Kolarov, Yaya and Bravo are not going to get it done obviously.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Also someone is going to have to explain to me, why him signing a load of players means he's been exposed etc etc lol.

He's never been good at signing players, no one has praised him for it and nobody ever will.

I mean this is the same man who bought Chygrinskiy lmao, so him buying a load of players doesn't really prove anything negatively or positively.

It's not like he was known for expert squad building, buying smart signings and he's suddenly going mental.

He was praised for the style of play he implemented and sometimes his coaching and tactically influencing games more than most.

Don't really see how him buying a load of players negates any of that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Not that I argue for it, but I think the argument is that he is just buying success like everyone else.

Instead of outplaying other teams with his supposedly superior tactics, he is simply resorting to what everyone else does, buying success.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 28, 2017 9:24 pm

He's buying players City needs. Is he supposed to go for the lesser talented options to prove himself to you guys? rofl

Any coach in his position will aim for the best. City wants to be up there with Barca, Bayern, and Madrid. They're aiming for the right type of players.

Fact is, nobody is going to give him the time to build a team with lesser talented players. He's buying players who have potential to become elite. I can see him staying for more than 3 years.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 9:27 pm

rincon wrote:Not that I argue for it, but I think the argument is that he is just buying success like everyone else.

Instead of outplaying other teams with his supposedly superior tactics, he is simply resorting to what everyone else does, buying success.

basically

hire any top coach and give them the same budget and they get similar results

Pep had a good team this season, achieved nothing

now he's discarding players he brought in after a season because they flopped

good thing for him the City owners don't take the same approach with him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Casciavit wrote:

He's buying players who have potential to become elite. I can see him staying for more than 3 years.

even if he doesn't win anything substantial this upcoming season?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 9:30 pm

rincon wrote:Not that I argue for it, but I think the argument is that he is just buying success like everyone else.

No one is denying that tbh, I still don't think it effects his standing negatively and positively.

Nobody ever acted like he didn't buy players, I mean his first summer at Barca he spent 100m + lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 9:40 pm

Firenze wrote:

basically

hire any top coach and give them the same budget and they get similar results

Yeah I don't agree tbh, you spent similar amounts and Mourinho finished 6th.

Europa League is irrelevant to this discussion, because there's no way if City dropped out of the CL like you did they wouldn't have beaten Ajax etc.

If Guardiola won the league cup you'd all brush it off as an irrelevance lol.

Mourinho is a living embodiment that spending loads of money doesn't mean you achieve your goals.

Like I been saying, people vastly overrated the importance of money, especially in the premier league where everytime goes nuts.

It doesn't equal success at all, with that said he should be criticised if the perceived signings happen.

I just don't think it's absolute certainty that other managers would definitely have performed better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 28, 2017 9:42 pm

On that point I do agree with Firenze. Mancini and Pellegrini are not particularly special managers, and they did the same or better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 9:43 pm

They had multiple seasons, let's wait before we compare.

If next season ends up similar then fair enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 28, 2017 9:45 pm

They also had prime Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany etc

Not sure if PL was as competitive as it's going to be now
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Firenze wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

He's buying players who have potential to become elite. I can see him staying for more than 3 years.

even if he doesn't win anything substantial this upcoming season?

City has been chasing him since 2011. They've hired former Barca directors just to bring him over. They know that Pep wants to implement his style and it's going to take time. Most of the Barca players knew what he wanted because they grew up playing that way in La Masia. At Bayern, LVG implemented the foundations, and unlike City, Bayern had a big enough talent advantage that they could win even if their execution was poor.

So they will give him opportunities and chances that other coaches probably won't get because of his CV. Their first half of next season could be bumpy, since he's making big changes, but this time around they'll have the talent advantage to mask some poor performances.

I'd be very surprised if City fails to win the league, even then I'm sure the board will give him another season. It's more likely that he resigns, rather than he gets sacked.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 pm

PL was definitely more competitive. These last 2 seasons have been poor.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 28, 2017 9:50 pm

rincon wrote:PL was definitely more competitive. These last 2 seasons have been poor.

I agree with this, the top of the league wasn't that bad this season.

But in general the league is bad.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 pm

cant wait to break it with de gea
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun May 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

cant wait to break it with de gea

Medical tomorrow by all accounts.

What a beautiful summer.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next