El Gunner
M99
LeSwagg James
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
14 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:01 pm

When does free agency start hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm talking about the finals though, i never denied the road was easy but that's the case for nearly every Lebron finals run ever.

Also denying he lead them to ring is flat out wrong lol, what's the point of even denying it.

He's the reason the beat Cleveland, it's not even close. Every single time Cleveland would make a run he would make a key shot, key block or get a rebound over multiple two because he's 7 foot.

It wasn't close because of him, not because Golden State is super duper.

Just watch these highlights and look what happens every time the scores get even remotely close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw09C36j3xw

He was MVP personified, no other performance to this level in NBA history has been anything but praised.

Saying they made it easy for him is just as stupid as those morons who say Shaq carried Kobe in the 2nd and 3rd championship wins.

I think you're confusing me and LeSwagg's posts.

I think KD is one of the 10 greatest players of all time tbh. One of the 5 best I've seen. I have never ever said anything negative about Durant as a player.

The road was easy because of him joining one the greatest teams of all time. Him joining made them unbeatable. If he hadn't been on Golden State, this series could've gone to another 7 game series. I still don't think he lead them to this ring. He was their best player all season, something I said from the start. Meanwhile McAgger and ElGunner (I think) said Curry was their best player.

You also didn't take my comments about Durant and clutch like I wrote them. I wrote I wished he'd had more chances to be clutch. I wanted there to be more close games, because frankly... These playoffs have sucked major ass. There hasn't been a close series in the entire playoffs. This is ALL because of Kevin Durant going to the team that would lead to the easiest road. Yeah, I know LeBron did the same. That's not an excuse though. We have hated on LeBron for this shit since the forum started.

Also the easiest road thing is refering to Durant literally calling going to Golden State. The hardest road. Like how is it the hardest road going to the best team in the league and playing with your friends.

A question to neutral fans. Did you really enjoy these playoffs and the season considering you knew the two teams in the finals from the start?
I know I didn't. And it will be the same finals for the next 3 years at least. It's awful.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:When does free agency start hmm

July 1st.

Just looked through the old threads from last year Laughing I defended the Mozgov and Deng contracts Laughing

To my defense. It was before I heard they were 4 years. At the time we thought it was 2+1 deals, which wouldn't have been as bad.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Yeah but to me clutch is also the ability to stop teams in their tracks before it even gets close.

That's real levels of clutch rather than last minute shots, that or making shots so you can stay in striking distance like Reggie Miller used to do.

That's my point, the reason it wasn't close was because of him.

Also of course i didn't enjoy it, i hated how one sided everything was. But that doesn't mean i'm going to ignore what i see from Durant.

I clearly feel like he led them to a ring, no way in hell if the other performances stay as they are do they beat Cleveland without him.

Of course they alternate factors like maybe Klay shoots better without him and so on, but to me he's the reason they won this and i haven't seen anyone else outside of this forum really see it any other way.

My general point is i felt like he was going to stroll to a ring and just hit some shots that Harrison Barnes didn't, but that isn't what happened.

He scored at a Jordan-like level with ridiculous efficiency and was just as ridiculous defensively. To quote Durant himself " I didn't hop on, check the numbers ".

But tbh i am tired of this, can we just agree to disagree and talk about something more interesting like the draft or free agency. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:19 pm

I don't think we have to agree to disagree. We agree on everything, which is what I'm trying to say. We just have different semantic views that leads to this entire discussion anyways.

The only thing we disagree on is that GSW couldn't have won without him. I still think they can. But they def won this time because of Durant. And it wasn't close. Durant is that great, and I have never said otherwise.

Still think this is bad for the league, which Adam Silver has said from the start. The move wasn't supposed to be able to happen at all.

But as Bill Belichick would say. On to the draft.

Getting worried that we're not taking Ball now. I swear if we draft a wing who can't shoot I'd might kill myself.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:25 pm

hmm Fair enough.

I'd be surprised if you don't take Ball tbh, i'm not sure he's going to be as good as people think but with Magic at the helm he'll want a guard who can lead Lakers into the future.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:hmm Fair enough.

I'd be surprised if you don't take Ball tbh, i'm not sure he's going to be as good as people think but with Magic at the helm he'll want a guard who can lead Lakers into the future.

I'd be surprised also. He has the best TS% of all time in college for someone who played a full season. Only one who beat him is Kyrie.
He did that with like 65% from FT. I think he's just too much of a generational type player to pass up. This is like passing up on Jordan in '84, not saying they're the same level, but passing up on the sure pick because someone else impressed you. Might me more like Darko in 2004, when he impressed Detroit so much in workouts that they picked him over Carmelo.

Workouts shouldn't mean shit imo. Who the f decides who they'll pick in the top 2 based on workouts.

Also Footlocker Laughing

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:36 pm

He's the GOAT ring chaser Mole.. just accept it for what it is

Ring chasers don't deserve respect
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:37 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:He's the GOAT ring chaser Mole.. just accept it for what it is

Stop being so openly hypocrtitical.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Laughing

I have probably asked this question before but when is the draft hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Laughing

I have probably asked this question before but when is the draft hmm

8 days
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Also i can't believe they haven't announced the MVP yet Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Freeza wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:He's the GOAT ring chaser Mole.. just accept it for what it is

Please don't start with the LeBron did the same shit BS.. what they did isn't remotely close
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:48 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Please don't start with the LeBron did the same shit BS.. what they did isn't remotely close

It might have turned out another way. But LeBron had the same intention.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6.

Yeah he didn't leave to chase sure fire rings with 2 other all stars.

KD left to a team that beat which is just as bad from a competitive standpoint. But if the league and NBAPA had done their job, he wouldn't have been able to sign for them.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:51 pm

It's not the same because KD joined an already championship winning team.

But let's not beat around with semantics, Lebron was ring chasing which is something which is undeniable.

And using your own logic, ring chasers don't deserve respect Thumbs up

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:51 pm

You can make that argument, but what you said is you called Durant a ring chaser.

Within the context for THAT comment, you are certainly being insanely hypocritical. That's what LeBron has done. He orchestrated a super team in Miami to ring chase ("not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 etc") and then came back to Cleveland when the time was ripe to create another super team. He's done all of this in the weak Eastern conference with no competition for his teams.

You can't criticize Durant for chasing rings when LeBron has done the same thing. I don't even see what's wrong with chasing rings unless you're a player who flip flops between the Spurs, GSW and Cleveland begging to be on the team with the best chance to win. Players want to win championships.

With this win Durant has raised his legacy. He is now an NBA champion.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Yep Laughing

History forgets this, but Cleveland were considered a super team when he signed for them and traded for Love.

Golden State came out of nowhere which distorts this, no one considered them a championship team when the season started.

I mean they just got bounced out of the first round to Clippers the season before.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Lol who can forget "taking my talents to the South Beach"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Tbh i have no issue with this if you actually win and clearly the best player, but you can't criticise one guy for doing it and not the other ( even if it's not the same)

Obviously i wish it wouldn't happen for competitive balance though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Lmao posted that and then saw two posts within a couple mins above mine saying the same thing.

Glad we all jumped on that Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:05 pm

While we are talking about it though, i have never criticised Lebron for his winning in Miami and never will.

I will admit my respect for him as grown in Cleveland but it's not because he went back to Cleveland.

But because he finally did what i always wanted him to do, be aggressive and live up to his potential talent all the time.

For so long, his moments of taking over a game were so in passing. Those games in Boston Game 6 is what he's always capable of but before going back to Cleveland he was so much more passive most of the time.

It feels like he's mentally grown up since going back to Cleveland and is combing all his skill with consistent aggression.

Which heightens my respect for him and lessons my frustration when watching him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Ring chasing is hoping on a team that doesn't need you to contend for a championship.. LeBron wasn't getting surrounded by great players so he went and built something.. KD had an all-time great sidekick when he left to join a well oiled machine..

Y'all can live in your little delusional world if you want
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yep Laughing

History forgets this, but Cleveland were considered a super team when he signed for them and traded for Love.

Golden State came out of nowhere which distorts this, no one considered them a championship team when the season started.

I mean they just got bounced out of the first round to Clippers the season before.

Not entirely true about GSW here. They were great even then. Clippers were great but injury prone.

It's easy to forget how amazing Blake Griffin actually was back then. He was a top 5 player.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Yeah but nobody actually thought they were winning a championship.

It was Cleveland, OKC and San Antonio.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah but nobody actually thought they were winning a championship.

It was Cleveland, OKC and San Antonio.

Think some hipsters said it, but I agree.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:39 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Ring chasing is hoping on a team that doesn't need you to contend for a championship.. LeBron wasn't getting surrounded by great players so he went and built something.. KD had an all-time great sidekick when he left to join a well oiled machine..

Y'all can live in your little delusional world if you want  

Haven't you heard the stories about how he didn't like it that much playing alongside Russ.

When Dubs came calling, and you see players like Steph, Klay and Draymond who clearly play for each other and the system, why wouldn't you choose that over *bleep* ball hogging, bipolar playing Russ. Durant got sick of sharing the captain's responsibility with someone like that, he got sick that the higher ups at Thunder preferred Russ as their number 1, when he knew Russ wasn't even close to being in his sphere.

He saw the opportunity. He saw he couldn't get anything done with OKC. God, look at the OKC squad atm, they couldn't even assemble anything decent competitive wise even though KD left a huge gap in cap for them to work with. He took the opportunity to get his ring, to go to a team where he will finally be adored for what he is in all aspects of the game and cement himself as one of the all time greats the best way possible. If he moves to another team or stays at OKC, he would have never been able to do all of that.

Simple as. He made the best move possible for his career and legacy, and your LeBron crying ass has no magnitude to take that away from him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next