Latinus
VanDeezNuts
jibers
EarlyPrototype
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Go down

Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small Empty Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero has voiced his opinion that the gap between his club and Barcelona is not as big as the results in the 2010-11 campaign would suggest.

Madrid were beaten by Barca in the semi-finals of the Champions League last season and were never truly able to threaten the Catalans in La Liga, although they finished only four points behind their arch rivals in the table.

Granero feels, however, that under the guide of Jose Mourinho, the 2011-12 season will bring success to the capital giants.

He told Marca: "I hope that the coach [Jose Mourinho] will stay on for a long time as I think his project here can become very successful. We are confident that next year will be better for us. A lot of people say there is a big gap between us and Barcelona, but I disagree."

The 23-year-old then briefly discussed his future and made it clear that he is not interested in leaving Madrid, having moved to the Santiago Bernabeu in 2009 from Getafe.

"I have confidence in my own abilities and I am staying at Madrid. I still have a contract for two more years and the coach and club have faith in me. We all have the intention to continue working together."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small Empty Re: Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm

The gap between Granero and the starting line up is very large on the other hand. Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small 2859867778

/troll

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small Empty Re: Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm

small but not very small. Razz
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:55 pm

When Barcelona won la liga before their last few fixtures, Madrid were 5-8 points behind. As far as I'm concerned, that is the difference.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:20 pm

lol.. is this a goal.com article?

"A lot of people say there is a big gap between us and Barcelona, but I disagree."

not a big gap =/= a very small gap

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Latinus Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah, but there's power ups on the field that help you deal with those gaps.

Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small Stark_wolfgang

Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small Overbo-300x168

Last edited by Latinus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Latinus
Latinus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:28 pm

the gap is big, and i dont see it closing for a long time, maybe until xavi retires
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Granero: The gap between Barca and Madrid is very small 98-3
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:39 pm

If you compare both squads then the gap is low, however it's about playing the correct tactics too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Granero is humble and respectful.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by joksa Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:13 pm

We finished ahead of them only by four points and managed to win only one of the four Clasicos at the end of the season. Of course the gap isn't big.

I'd still say that our starting XI is slightly better than theirs, but they thump us in depth and quality of the bench players.
joksa
joksa
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:39 pm

The gap is lower than people think imo, and I think its closing to equal

In these four El Clasicos, there were 2 ties, 1 win and 1 loss for each of the teams. I say Barcas attack is better than Real, and that is the difference.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:52 pm

The gap is in squad chemistry and certain tactics, no more.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:50 pm

the general football discussion thread is fast turning into an 'el-clasico' thread Evil or Very Mad
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:35 pm

To be honest, its true, the gap is very small indeed. We are quick in catching up, though La Liga was completely fairly deserved by Barca and nothing we can say about that. But we wont, because Granero is humble and respectful. Razz
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:47 pm

In terms of Squad Madrid are the best by a long distance in Europe, in terms of starting 11, Barcelona are still the best, but Madrid have improved dramatically since that drubbing in december. The gap is closer for sure, no?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:08 pm

The gap isnt big, but to me the gap is still clear.

Madrid change the way they usually play against us dramatically, that alone should tell people something.

Our core players, the group of say 5 (Messi, Xavi, Ini, Puyol, Dani Alves) is also stronger then their core group.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Def a small gap now, barca edges because when they play perfect (cl final) imo no one can beat them, with a couple good transfers better depth Barcelona will still edge out real madrid next year but this is just my opinion.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

Well Barca is on their peak atm but Real Madrid is chasing them like a dog. we'll get them sooner or later
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:00 am

well there is a small gap, and saying that when we have a young team like ours with only 1 year together is not bad.

this barcelona team has been building together for years, some players playing together for decades, with the same overall squad since 2008. and before.

jose mourinho is trying to build a team that is here for the future, and i feel he is trying to build a counter attacking football kind of philosophy.

mourinho is here to do far more things than to give us trophies, hes here to give us a good philosophy, like he said, madrid have a philospohy, all they need now it to implement it right. having said that.

im sure they players have learned from their past matches, ozil sahin, midfield seems promising.

one thing we have to fight for, is too get that momentum where we are not underdogs like we have looked like many times.

in our first year we came close, but were unlucky.

hopefully next year we have more luck *cough* *cough* and we will prob def play better.

barcelona and real madrid will mark the football era for years to come.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:14 am

On paper, then yes, the gap is very small, and some would dare to say that Madrid's squad is just as good as Barca's.

But tactically, Madrid have A LOT of work to do to catch up with Barca.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 am

I wouldnt say the gap is huge... but i wouldnt say it is small either...

the thing is Real madrid plays barca completely different to any other team they play... in all honesty and I am not trying to troll they play scared.

The only time they tried playing man to man they got schooled. Now an argument many are going to use is that to play barca you have to park the bus that you have to play rough rugby style but you see playing that style shows the gap between the two teams

imo the gap will be close when Real Madrid plays them without being scared and actually acomplishes something...
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:19 am

I think its a pretty sizeable gap. 313 miles or 504 kilometres Laughing
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 am

come the end of next season with at least 4 clasicos madrid will get even better at playing barca.. since barca dont have much depth they play the same style madrid might learn how to play them.. then it could turn out to be sexhausting for barca :cherry:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down