Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by sportsczy on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:56 pm

I don't mean in that extreme case McLewis.  Trickle down in the sense that entrepreneurs and small/medium businesses need investment (big portion of which happens through VC/PE/Angel/Family Office) + banks making loans play a huge part in that process.

Wealthy people aren't charities.... nor should they be.  They made money and want to make more.  The incentive it to make them put their money into the economy by offering a good fiscal structure and good returns.  

I actually am more a demand-side person...  create an environment where there's huge demand for investment opportunities by creating the best structure possible for people to invest.  When money competes with money for deals, entrepreneurship thrives (a lot of deals get done at good rates).

When you take money out of the pot and you have less money competing for deals, then entrepreneurship tanks (deal flow goes down and money becomes expensive).

Bigger government by increasing taxes is the absolute worst answer possible and has always failed... almost everywhere except for some small countries.

Just my two cents.

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:14 pm

There's a lot of contradicting going on in your statements, but its gonna take a lot of time to deconstruct so answer me this;

And before I ask you these questions, know I'm moderate when it comes to fiscal issues. I'm not really disagreeing with you 100% but;

It's been proven that rich people hoard money into offshore accounts. Why do you think this is okay? This is absolutely not okay, but you advocate turning a blind eye to that matter. The rich exist because of the working class, and the working class exists because of the rich. There's a relationship there, and favoring one side over the other is just you saying "hey, fuck 99% of the population, this 0.1% deserves a bigger piece of the pie because they don't owe you anything".

And if rich people are proven to hoard money into off shore accounts which you have confirmed yourself, that kind of proves that they aren't putting the money back into the economy..? Hence the contradiction. Where are the new jobs? Lol. Most blue collar jobs as an example will be automated in the not-so-near future.

Keep in mind, I do believe in promoting business, but there has to be a balance. Go look at the industrial revolution and how people were living in the rockefeller and carnagie era. That's pure capitalism. IS that what you want? You need a balance between pro business and pro working class.

In my opinion, France is way too far to the left on this issue, and USA is too far to the right on this issue. We need to find a middle ground.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:45 am

@sportsczy wrote:I don't mean in that extreme case McLewis.  Trickle down in the sense that entrepreneurs and small/medium businesses need investment (big portion of which happens through VC/PE/Angel/Family Office) + banks making loans play a huge part in that process.

Wealthy people aren't charities.... nor should they be.  They made money and want to make more.  The incentive it to make them put their money into the economy by offering a good fiscal structure and good returns.  

I actually am more a demand-side person...  create an environment where there's huge demand for investment opportunities by creating the best structure possible for people to invest.  When money competes with money for deals, entrepreneurship thrives (a lot of deals get done at good rates).

When you take money out of the pot and you have less money competing for deals, then entrepreneurship tanks (deal flow goes down and money becomes expensive).

Bigger government by increasing taxes is the absolute worst answer possible and has always failed... almost everywhere except for some small countries.

Just my two cents.

How do you make them put their money into the economy though? What kind of incentive could do that in such a way that everyone wins? It seems to me this isn't really something that the gov't can force the wealthy to do of their own volition without imposing taxes on them, which will just send them scrambling for tax havens.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:28 pm

and sports. I have nothing against capitalism. i'm actually in favor. just pay your damn taxes . the rich are destroying this country by laundering money and not putting it back into the economy

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 pm

close to every penny that rich people spend goes to other rich people.

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:50 am

"US biggest economic advantage is lower tax rates." haha

lol sports your view on economy is probably the most limited i have ever read.

Taxation is a factor, but nowhere near the be all and end all of business decisions. btw California is the 5th largest economy in the world, i am sure most hate the tax rates but that simply is not enough to move their whole freakin business. I mean it is honestly ridiculous to lower it down the enormous complexity of a business to taxation.

First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:13 pm

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been aces on Twitter since her election. She's very clearly new to being a politician, as evidenced with her misspeaking on a few occasions, but she wields Twitter better than virtually anyone else in elected office right now not named Trump. Will be interesting to see how politically corrupt she becomes as the realities of beltway politics begin to seep into her messages.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 am

Im fiscally moderate by the way. Taxing the rich to hell is not a good idea. It just won't work. Sports is right when they say they will pack up and leave or just not pay. You need a balance. Don't impose something ridiculous like a 10% tax rate or a 75% tax rate (France) and compromise. There is a middle ground that exists.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 am

Agreed. I personally believe I'm paying a fair rate of tax given the bracket I'm in yet others who are in that same tax bracket and making around what I'm making believe they are being taxed to death. To them a fair tax would be probably 0 to 10%, which is ridiculous economically unless you're making less than the minimum wage.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:17 pm

@Blue wrote:"US biggest economic advantage is lower tax rates." haha

lol sports your view on economy is probably the most limited i have ever read.

Taxation is a factor, but nowhere near the be all and end all of business decisions. btw California is the 5th largest economy in the world, i am sure most hate the tax rates but that simply is not enough to move their whole freakin business. I mean it is honestly ridiculous to lower it down the enormous complexity of a business to taxation.

They don't move their whole business.  Most keep their sales staff and executive staff (living in CA is attractive for talented people).  However, production, warehousing and distribution all get moved out of state.

I'll give you a tangible example..  most movie and tv production is done outside of CA because of better incentives, including taxes, in other states and countries.  Here's an article on this:

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/08/13/georgia-no-longer-no-1-in-feature-film-production.html

Here's an article that discusses the exodus from the Bay Area of CA to other states generally:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2018/10/09/bay-area-exodus-headquarters-move.html

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6