Great Leader Sprucenuce
futbol
Lucifer
39 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Coutinho to Barca - Page 3 Empty Re: Coutinho to Barca

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm

What am I missing here. Why go after a player in January that is CL tied? They haven't yet integrated their last big purchase into team, why try a second in same time frame especially when he can only play in half the games and the other competition is already secured!

I don't understand why do it now as opposed to next June!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:35 pm

A lot of our players were signed for amazing value and we went on a historic CL run but there is always a lot of luck in those things. Who could have guessed Modric would be so good? Marcelo? Kroos for 25 mil? Lol, zidane CL luck...

Obviously we can't spend 400 mil on two players like PSG that's nuts that's why we sign the likes of Asensio, Ceballos, Vallejo hoping they can grow and become elite.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Would have saved myself €260m spent on Dumbélé and Shootinho and signed Hazard instead.

He is exactly who Barcelona need. But I think he will be a Madrid player and come back to haunt Barça fans for a long time to come.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 pm

danyjr wrote:Would have saved myself €260m spent on Dumbélé and Shootinho and signed Hazard instead.

He is exactly who Barcelona need. But I think he will be a Madrid player and come back to haunt Barça fans for a long time to come.

Hazard actually turns 27 three days from now. Somehow, I thought he was younger.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:22 am

danyjr wrote:Would have saved myself €260m spent on Dumbélé and Shootinho and signed Hazard instead.

Hazard is not Madrid quality
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:23 am

Still has 3 seasons at top level. He has never been known for his athleticism and work rate anyway tbh. Although his pace will inevitably decline, he is one of the most gifted wingers I've seen.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Hazard is not Madrid quality

Who is then? Gareth Fail or Kariminal? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 am

danyjr wrote: he is one of the most gifted wingers I've seen.

Don't make me laugh. Nothing player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:25 am

danyjr wrote:

Both have achieved and contributed more in their career than Hazard ever will.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
danyjr wrote:

Both have achieved and contributed more in their career than Hazard ever will.
that's a factor of the team they played for no?

If Hazard joins a club like Madrid, Bayern or City, his chances of winning trophies will improve significantly

I think he is Madrid quality. Technically he is upper tier, and he plays at a high level as well. His production in goals and assists is complete shit though, that's the concern
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 am

Hazard is hugely overrated because people are clueless and confuse talent with dribbling.
Hazard isn't that talented an attacker. He is a mediocre finisher. He is a poor playmaker. He has no strategic mind. He has no killer instinct.
The only thing he's good at is dribbling, and he's not even good at knowing when and where to dribble, and what to do at the end of the dribble. He's an inferior talent tbh as far as supposed elite attackers go.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 am

you say it like beating a man or dribbling is not an important attribute. It is, you can create space, and break lines of defense just with dribbling.

But everything you said is true, can't deny that, his poor numbers are a reflection of that. It's rare to see players with such a high technical level be so disappointing (or maybe not when i think of quaresma or ben arfa lol).

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:19 am

Imagine thinking getting Hazard would be better than Dembélé and Coutinho. LMAO

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:27 am

Great signing.

Some posters here still living in 2015 Laughing

Dembele Messi Griezmann
Coutinho Arthur
Busquets
Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo
Ter Stegen

ahhh Barca is back :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:55 am

Why Griezmann RW?

Why Coutinho CM?

That team looks like its gonna get run over by any team with a half decent attack
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:11 am

I don't want Griezmann. He will be 27 next season when he would come and he already shows signs of decline. So many years under Simeone takes its toll. Suarez can give 1 or 2 more seasons and if not I'd rather go with:

Messi-Dembélé
Coutinho-Iniesta-Busquets-Roberto
Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Semedo
tS

Messi further up as the sole finisher.

Or something similar. Also I'd love Iniesta to play alongside Coutinho. Would be the first technical player on the same wavelength with him since Xavi retired. You can't really combine well with Rakitic or Paulinho. Laughing

Yeah, seems like we won't be ditching the 4-4-2 too soon:

Valverde: "Dembélé must adapt to us and we to him, there won't be any big changes to our system."

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:06 am

As Klopp says, Formations are for defending.
Coutinho takes left wing place for defending but his heat map is always central and that's where he pulls all the strings, But he needs to be paired up with atleast one very good defensive midfielder if you want to play him as a CM because his work rate, pressing and commitment is amazing but he can't tackle.

Also talks about Coutinho not being creative enough etc are supposed to be left in 2014. Pay no heed to them. Its similar to how Suarez was still trying to prove his worth to GL even after scoring 33 league goals in 31 games and moving to Barca or Sterling was always a fraud until his move to City. Probs coz LFC didn't finish high enough.

He is worth all the money Barcelona can spend on him. Also Hazard is a okay, Won't solve your problems.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:32 am

Nishankly wrote:As Klopp says, Formations are for defending.
Coutinho takes left wing place for defending but his heat map is always central and that's where he pulls all the strings, But he needs to be paired up with atleast one very good defensive midfielder if you want to play him as a CM because his work rate, pressing and commitment is amazing but he can't tackle.

Also talks about Coutinho not being creative enough etc are supposed to be left in 2014. Pay no heed to them. Its similar to how Suarez was still trying to prove his worth to GL even after scoring 33 league goals in 31 games and moving to Barca or Sterling was always a fraud until his move to City. Probs coz LFC didn't finish high enough.

He is worth all the money Barcelona can spend on him. Also Hazard is a okay, Won't solve your problems.  

This guys wrong has no idea what he's on about tbh.

I suggest buying Griezmann and Hazard instead. :whistle:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 am

can someone update me on this guy? he is getting rated really highly now and people saying the transfer fee is worth it and he's a top 10 player in the world and so on? is this for real?

not saying it's hard to believe, i think he's good, but he was never mentioned among the best players until now.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:00 am

BORUSSIA!! wrote:can someone update me on this guy? he is getting rated really highly now and people saying the transfer fee is worth it and he's a top 10 player in the world and so on? is this for real?

not saying it's hard to believe, i think he's good, but he was never mentioned among the best players until now.
the guy is world class and anyone that says hes not is being foolish tbh. is he worth 130mil.. no I don't think so but imo no player is worth that but big clubs have made a rod for ther own back by paying big money for players.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:57 am

Unique wrote:
BORUSSIA!! wrote:can someone update me on this guy? he is getting rated really highly now and people saying the transfer fee is worth it and he's a top 10 player in the world and so on? is this for real?

the guy is world class and anyone that says hes not is being foolish tbh. is he worth 130mil.. no I don't think so but imo no player is worth that but big clubs have made a rod for ther own back by paying big money for players.

what big clubs have overpaid? psg for neymar and mbappe? neymar is the best player of his generation (mid 20s gen) and the most marketable athlete in the world. £200 mil makes more sense that 130 - 150 mil for coutinho. neymar's purchase was a release clause activation anyway, not a transfer fee.

mbappe is a potential GOAT, established top player already at 19 and much more marketable than coutinho. around 150 mil is what the agreed fee is after his loan is over, that's fair enough.

i can't believe liverpool fans are thinking 110 mil is too low. if liverpool's van djik's transfer goes through for 75 mil, that's probably comfortably the biggest over payment in history (just above the coutinho to barca transfer fee).

coutinho is in his mid 20s, quiet guy, not very marketable at all and his ceiling is probably david silva level. £70 to £80 million is fair for him. it's a bit less than what dembele and pogba cost (both have a higher ceiling than coutinho, were younger when bought and are more marketable).

i mean sterling and de bruyne were bought for £50 mil just 2 seasons ago and people were questioning if that was too much at the time.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:27 am

BORUSSIA!! wrote:
Unique wrote:

what big clubs have overpaid? psg for neymar and mbappe? neymar is the best player of his generation (mid 20s gen) and the most marketable athlete in the world. £200 mil makes more sense that 130 - 150 mil for coutinho. neymar's purchase was a release clause activation anyway, not a transfer fee.

mbappe is a potential GOAT, established top player already at 19 and much more marketable than coutinho. around 150 mil is what the agreed fee is after his loan is over, that's fair enough.

i can't believe liverpool fans are thinking 110 mil is too low. if liverpool's van djik's transfer goes through for 75 mil, that's probably comfortably the biggest over payment in history (just above the coutinho to barca transfer fee).

coutinho is in his mid 20s, quiet guy, not very marketable at all and his ceiling is probably david silva level. £70 to £80 million is fair for him. it's a bit less than what dembele and pogba cost (both have a higher ceiling than coutinho, were younger when bought and are more marketable).

i mean sterling and de bruyne were bought for £50 mil just 2 seasons ago and people were questioning if that was too much at the time.
dude if that post is all I have to debate with then I have nothing left.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 am

i don't care to argue with you. i don't even have a problem with what you said at all.

just wanted to get my opinion out there on how gobsmacked i am at this transfer fee. people seem to think it's an justifiable fee "considering the current market". i don't see it all and am wondering if others agree.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:02 am

The fee is high because

The dude is not in prime yet, On a exponential rising curve, No similarities with other players, 6 year contract, No release clause, Best player at the club, Premier League player clause, LFC won't be able to replace him. etc etc etc

Justified for Liverpool to ask for that much, Depends on Barcelona if they want to pay it or not.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:03 am

Why on earth is this happening in January ?

Wouldn't it be better to sign him for next season ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:15 am

Coz he's hell bent on getting his childhood move, He thinks this is his last chance to get out of the PL
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next