rincon
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 pm

didn't you play Yakuza recently Thimmy? or one of them, from what I've seen Yakuza is kinda like the successor to Shenmue and I imagine the newer Yakuza entries will end up being better than the upcoming Shenmue too. Which got a release date today, a year from now to the day, more or less.

But ya I can imagine the game would feel outdated even without having played modern Yakuza games

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Firenze wrote:didn't you play Yakuza recently Thimmy? or one of them, from what I've seen Yakuza is kinda like the successor to Shenmue and I imagine the newer Yakuza entries will end up being better than the upcoming Shenmue too. Which got a release date today, a year from now to the day, more or less.

But ya I can imagine the game would feel outdated even without having played modern Yakuza games

I've played many of the Yakuza games (Not Yakuza 5+spin-offs). They focus less on the smaller details, compared to Shenmue where you can open every single drawer, talk to every single person, and rotate every single item you pick up. However, Yakuza is far more fast paced, action oriented, and the movement is an entirely different world of maneuverability (i struggle to turn around and walk out of narrow alleys in Shenmue), and it's just a more linear and compact game in comparison. Shenmue feels more like a walking simulator with a cheesy story, but I'm actually baffled at the sheer size of the game, considering it was released around 20 years ago. I can't think of a single, modern game that allows the same amount of freedom to interact with the game world.

Shenmue doesn't even tell you where to go next, you have to talk to every single person in sight and hope that they don't just re-direct you to a different person on the other side of the massive town, which happens constantly ffs Mad I'm about 4 hours in, and it seems like a game that mostly caters towards feelings of nostalgia in hardcore fans.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 releases on the 28th of August, by the way. It's widely considered to be the best in the series by long time fans. Personally, I think Yakuza 0 is better, but it's been a long time since I played number two and I look forward to seeing the updates they've made to it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Any of you played Life is Strange? First episode was free on Steam so I grabbed it and I'm not impressed at all. The graphics are nothing to boast about, writing is so cliché and more importantly there is no gameplay other than a walking simulator.

Very disappointed.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:49 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 31 Giphy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Sorry but I found it really hard to care for these characters and their story. The main character was such a typical mainstream one that you'd expect to be in a game or TV show intended for larger audiences. I'm not a teenager anymore, maybe 5 years ago I would have found this game good but not any more. Besides, this game is advertised as action/adventure. It isn't. It is a very, very slow and dragged out tale which ends as a big disappointment. This game should be labelled as a visual novel walking simulator. I wouldn't play this unless you have never read a single book in your life.

Also terrible lip sync. And the fact that choices don't matter. In fact the entire game except the last choice is meaningless.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Lol I haven't played the game. It's just really popular on GL so i am only here for the comments.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:18 pm

Unless you care about the characters, story, decisions you make then you won't like it.

Nobody has ever praised the games graphics and presentation, that's really not the point of it.

I was engrossed with most of it from the outset though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:08 pm

Agreed, it's a cliche story about two lesbians with dodgy graphics. Either you like it or you don't. I personally loved the story and the characters and didn't mind the graphics or even the fact that at times the game gave off more like a 'Life is Cringe' vibe.

It is very possible that the game may not appeal to people way past their teenage years.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:54 am

Just watch this, you don't need any lore or any prior knowledge to appreciate the storytelling here
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:07 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:13 pm

played the xbox 360 port for the second SOF about a decade ago IIRC

dope series but probably too outdated nowadays, im sure it'll do well out of nostalgia though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Destiny 2 and GOW 3 remastered free in september

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Going through my long backlog and played a few games this month. Unlike most times I tried not to be pedantic with all the achievements, collectables etc. and I'm making real progress Smile

Dishonored - Death of the Outsider, having finished Dishonored 2 a year ago I decided not to buy this DLC at release. I think I picked it up for €15 in the summer sale and for the price it is worth playing if you like the series. Expect more of the same with a conclusion to some of the question marks from the past two games.

Bioshock Infinite I like the setting and the story was phenomenal. Still didn't wow me as much as the first Bioshock but it is one of the greatest game I've ever played. Almost cried towards the end wanting more Laughing

GTA V I picked up GTA V when it came out for Xbox 360, being my usual OCD collecting everything in the game and spending hours and hours to get gold medals for each mission, the PC version was announced and with it, my love for the series died in a heartbeat. Imagine doing the whole thing for PC again! No thanks! Fast forward 5 years and I did it again Very Happy Note to self: Do NOT buy RDR2 and wait (and hope) for a PC version.

Wolfenstein: The New Order Really underrated game which was on sale for a mere tenner on Steam. 4 years old and it shows its age but the story and gameplay are top notch and having exhausted myself from Open World games with GTA, this was a breath of fresh air. Play this damn thing!

I still have the whole Dark Souls and Deus Ex series which I bought on sale sitting in the corner waiting to be played. As I go through my list I see Fallout 4, Mad Max, MSG V, Metro series and Watch Dogs 2 too. I think I've got autumn covered Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:52 pm

No game holds up to bioshock 1 and infinite when it comes to story. On another level.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:55 pm

When you say Deus Ex series do you mean just the new ones or the originals? Because as great as the original was it's probably very outdated by now.

Iconic at the time though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:56 pm

At no point Deus Ex has ever been great

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 31 Captur10

All of them Laughing

I probably won't go on to play them all tbh but I did that with Assassin's Creed and Witcher so who knows! If you were to recommend one from the series, which one would it be?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 pm

Joint 5th all time in user score reviews hmm

Won't allow this slander for an iconic and genre defining game tbh, you can shit on the new ones though lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:05 pm

My bet is on Human Revolution. The first one is just too old to eye candy me.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:06 pm

The original is the best but it might be a thing of its time now, not played in years.

Outside of that I'd try Human Revolution and IF you enjoy it play Mankind Divided.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:07 pm

danyjr wrote:My bet is on Human Revolution. The first one is just too old to eye candy me.

Of the new ones it's the best yeah, like I said as genre defining and iconic as the original was I'd be shocked if it holds up tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 pm

I think I will start with the first one and if it keeps me entertained for the first hour or two I will see it through. I remember with Witcher I did the same and the story was so good that kept me going.

The first Assassin's Creed though, that was a bad experience considering Unity was out when I started getting into the series Laughing It looked and played like junk but the story was decent.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:21 pm

I've never played the original AC lol, but even in two and 3 you notice the minor control tweaks they have made since.

It all adds up to something which makes it hard to get to grips with. Looking at your list though makes me realise how much stuff I haven't played but should lol.

I think I've decided just to accept I'll never get round to my backlog and let it go though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:27 am

First Assassin's Creed (2007) may have been a good game back in the day but the missions were so repetitive and the mechanics dated when I played them 7 years later. It was like doing chores.

I thought the same that I'll never get round to my backlog too but once I supressed my OCD I was killing game after game in a matter of a couple of days. Then again I had lots of time this month being a hermit at home so figures Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:08 am

The first AC was repetitive and boring in 2007 too lol. The best part of the game was the starting and ending, the 9 exact same missions were mind numbingly tedious.

Deus EX HR is amazing, one of the best games of last gen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I've never played the original AC lol, but even in two and 3 you notice the minor control tweaks they have made since.

It all adds up to something which makes it hard to get to grips with. Looking at your list though makes me realise how much stuff I haven't played but should lol.

I think I've decided just to accept I'll never get round to my backlog and let it go though.

The GL tendency to just leave games unfinished and move on to new releases has rubbed off on me. I've yet to finish NioH, We Happy Few and at least one more title that I can't remember drinking
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next