rincon
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 11:30

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I've never played the original AC lol, but even in two and 3 you notice the minor control tweaks they have made since.

It all adds up to something which makes it hard to get to grips with. Looking at your list though makes me realise how much stuff I haven't played but should lol.

I think I've decided just to accept I'll never get round to my backlog and let it go though.

The GL tendency to just leave games unfinished and move on to new releases has rubbed off on me. I've yet to finish NioH, We Happy Few and at least one more title that I can't remember drinking

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 12:08

I think the only thing I want to finish is Yakuza 6 tbh, the rest I'm happy to leave and move on from.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 12:29

Yakuza 6 has an interesting story, but it kind of drags on for a while before things suddenly start getting interesting. The greater portion of the game doesn't really hook you in, story-wise. I'm playing Kiwami 2 right now, which has a more traditional approach to it's storytelling. Not that it matters, since I keep getting distracted by silly shit Razz I finally managed to hit a hole in one in the golf minigame.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 20:41

Thimmy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I've never played the original AC lol, but even in two and 3 you notice the minor control tweaks they have made since.

It all adds up to something which makes it hard to get to grips with. Looking at your list though makes me realise how much stuff I haven't played but should lol.

I think I've decided just to accept I'll never get round to my backlog and let it go though.

The GL tendency to just leave games unfinished and move on to new releases has rubbed off on me. I've yet to finish NioH, We Happy Few and at least one more title that I can't remember drinking

I try not to do that.

I think the only games i have started and dropped are AC 1 (shockingly bad), Deus Ex HR (just not my thing eventhough i liked the stealth), The last guardian(no idea why) and dishonoured 2 (may go back to it but doubt it)

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 21:58

RealGunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I try not to do that.

I think the only games i have started and dropped are AC 1 (shockingly bad), Deus Ex HR (just not my thing eventhough i liked the stealth), The last guardian(no idea why) and dishonoured 2 (may go back to it but doubt it)

I try not to do so, as well, but I got burnt out on NioH and I lost interest in We Happy Few. I don't even know why I lost interest in it. After being disappointed by it initially, I genuinely started enjoying the main storyline of We Happy Few, and the game does certain things incredibly well. At times, I even thought to myself that it's a fantastic game, but there are so many sub-par elements in the game that distract you from the main story, which is it's strongest point by far. With a little bit more polish, the game would've been great. Not that it likely would've improved it's abysmal Metacritic score, which is riddled with kickstarter backers who expected a more survival heavy Bioshock rofl
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 31 Aug 2018 - 20:46

PS5 and the new Xbox are more or less set for 2020.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 3:31

It's what I suspected for a long time, it's the year which makes the most sense what with Sony having like 4 major titles between now and end of 2019.

I'll be interested to see what non exclusive big hitters we get in the meantime though, Cyberpunk obviously but I wonder what else.

I usually would say nothing but 2019 has some big games.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 14:28

Spiderman hype check? I'm def skipping, not in the mood atm and I'm just not a big Spiderman fan, sure the game will be fun. Might get Divinity 2 this week, not on PS4 even though it's releasing/released on console now. Just in the mood to try it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 14:30

i want to get spiderman just because swinging across the city sounds incredibly fun and might take me back to the good old arkham days

but the game is £50 in most places and ain't nobody got time for that.

Also the game is 15-20 hours long on default difficulty.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 14:31

I noticed that the other day actually, was looking at some new releases and IDK, I haven't bought a new game since GoW. But is 50 quid the new norm? especially on Amazon. Man, I remember being able to pick up new releases for like 35-38 quid 5-6 years ago ffs. 15-20 hrs? really? is that just the story, because I read there are a lot of Ubisoft type collectibles and stuff.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 14:32

Day 1, all the pre release its going to be for Spiderman what Arkham games for Batman.

I don't expect much from the story but I do expect swinging to be a lot of fun, combat to be great and some fun boss fights.

I'm gonna check out Divinity at some point too, reviews are insane 93 etc just not sure where I'm finding the time.

Spiderman, Red Dead, will probably do a NG+ for GoW and I started Cuphead before I went holiday so I'm eager to get back to and rage at it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 14:37

Not sure where I got it from but I pre ordered Spiderman and Red Dead on my phone while sitting in a cafe in Milan for Lunch while waiting for my order. rofl

I really should check what I spent and where I pre ordered from tbh.

Inb4 it 100 quid special editions for both.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 14:41

Yea £50 is the new normal. Specially for exclusives.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 14:44

Checked my emails...

Got both from Simply Games.

Spiderman was 47.85 and Red Dead was 48.85.

Rockstar better give me dat pound extra in quality or I'm sueing for faulty product imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 15:07

red dead is worth £50 because of how big it is and the replayability value.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 15:13

Yeah and I'll likely play loads of the MP as well, that's one game I know I'll get value from.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 16:53

@RG weren't you supposed to play Red Dead Redemption on your m8s Xbox One?

Playing Death Of The Outsider, finished first mission, recommend to all Dishonored fans.

Speaking of which, RG did you finish DH 2
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:22

Nah, mate said it hasn't aged well so that put me off. Also just didn't have time to put that much time into it either.

DH2...no. Maybe i'll get back into it but first few missions just didn't grip me. Felt like the story was over in the 1st one. Also talking corvo sucks.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:41

Find it strange you say it did not age well. Its generally regarded as one of the games that aged quite well hmm

Should have stuck with Emily in DH 2 :coffee: It fits the story better and her different powers keep things fresh.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:44

No, he said that. I am not too bothered about the quality myself. I still have time so maybe i'll speed run it before RDR2.

Yea in hindsight emily was the better choice.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 23:54

Trying to think why he thinks it's outdated tbh.

Replayed it recently and visually it still looks good IMO for an 8 year old game.

Story is really good and the stranger missions hold up tbh. Maybe you can criticise the early missions because they all basically tutorial stuff which means it might be slow to get going for someone in 2018.

I have no doubt you won't like as much we did back then, but it was the standard for a long time IMO.

Worth a playthrough regardless, even if that means after RDR2 tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 10:01

General Games Discussion - Page 32 62960_02_toms-hardware-founder-chimes-over-internal-struggles
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 10:43

rofl

Tom's hardware are a joke these days.

On the subject, they are definitely not worth buying. For one, they are overpriced compared to GTX 10s for the performance boost you'd not need. My GTX 1080ti runs everything I throw at it. Two, not many new games other than a few flagship Nvidia ones will use the 'ray tracing' feature as the gaming market is driven by console's capabilities not PC's hence the technology is stuck in 2013.

There is a reason why Nvidia took 2.5 years to ship these GPUs. There is no market demand for more performance and ATI are nowhere to compete with Nvidia.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 10:51

Yeah not going to upgrade from 1070 before prices halve. One interesting thing about this added value, than releasing with previous generation prices, is that I can still get more from my 1070 than I paid two years ago, which is interesting in computer tech. Crypto boom was also responsible of this. Also Ray Tracing is way too slow in 20x0 models to actually use.

And memory is still too expensive to buy, bought 16GB in right time for like 75€, it still 140€. Although there's no need of 32GB if you aren't doing some specific tasks.

And CPU's are still not good enough, my 2011 2500k@4.4GHz still crunches Morrowind single thread bottleneck fine compared to current models. Sandy Bridge CPU might be the best valued item in computer tech ever. Might finally pull the trigger though when 7nm AMD releases end of year.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 11:17

On the subject of CPUs, my CPU is a 10 year old Bloomfield 920 now overclocked from 2.66 GHz to 3.60GHz and still the GPU bottlenecks in games before my CPU would reach 100% Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 11:30

Yeah CPU single threaded performance evolution stopped around there. Intel monopoly also ensured that evolution has basically been just about energy efficiency and slowing their CPU's artificially with toothpaste. Funnily Sandy Bridge was the last soldered CPU from Intel, until the next release as AMD has caught them. Monopoly is finally over, and instead of 10 years of 4 to 8 cores, we have got in 2 years from 8 to 32 in consumer CPU's, and 7nm AMD should push this to 64 even. Of course software (and Windows) needs to catch up this. Funnily Intel's monolithic design seems now outdated when AMD can just crank moar cores easily and just increase the physical dimensions, which also actually helps the cooling.

Was thinking bying AMD stock couple years ago, it's now about 1250% from that. Sad
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next