zenmaster
urbaNRoots
S
Mr Nick09
60 posters

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Who will go through

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 11 Vote_lcap50%UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 11 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]
UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 11 Vote_lcap50%UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 11 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 11 Empty Re: UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid

Post by S Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:41 pm

CBarca wrote:
S wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:0:3? Three? At home? Seriously, Jjuve? Laughing

Could've been worse

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 11 C1-2014-bayern-real

:coffee:

That was a good Real Madrid team.

You guys got destroyed by the team that lost to Girona and Spurs

Provinciale

Jabroni, this is a much better Madrid side.

Better defense, better midfield, better coach, better Kommander(which is the most important thing). End of.

No shame in losing to a team of this calibre.

While that Bayern lost 4-0 to Carlo rofl Sit down fella

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 11 Empty Re: UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Luca wrote:But we beat Spurs hmm

Spurs are provinciale. Not denying it. Just making sure Juve fans know that they're small time. Getting beat 3-0 at home, after the whole team should have been up for it after having their asses handed to them in last year's CL final.

And S has the gall to come in here and talk about NO SHAME rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 pm

CBarca wrote:
Luca wrote:But we beat Spurs hmm

Spurs are provinciale. Not denying it. Just making sure Juve fans know that they're small time. Getting beat 3-0 at home, after the whole team should have been up for it after having their asses handed to them in last year's CL final.

And S has the gall to come in here and talk about NO SHAME rofl

I'm not disagreeing. We suck. We were complacent and its like we were happy just to lose on the same field as Real Madrid. Meanwhile, were at a stadium we just don't lose at and never like this. I'm embarrassed.

Last season however, we did demolish Barcelona 3-0 at this same stadium, at the same stage of the tournament. It's just unreal the difference a season can make but we got what was coming to us

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Funny CB mentioned "that was a good team" when he at the time said Madrid were not that good. Time really does change a man.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:20 pm

On first glance, you're right that it looks odd. Further explanation can resolve the differences. I don't think they were that good of a team and still don't, but that team was a lot better than the current Madrid.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:24 pm

CBarca wrote:On first glance, you're right that it looks odd. Further explanation can resolve the differences. I don't think they were that good of a team and still don't, but that team was a lot better than the current Madrid.

Nope.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Happens to me all the time Robes. Frustrating isn't it?
rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 pm

S wrote:
CBarca wrote:On first glance, you're right that it looks odd. Further explanation can resolve the differences. I don't think they were that good of a team and still don't, but that team was a lot better than the current Madrid.

Nope.

I mean, I won't push it. You need time

I was rooting for you guys too, it hurts. I know it. I'm hurting just as much. Why do you think I must lash out at Juventus like this? I didn't want to
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:19 pm

The "I hit you because I love you too much" excuse. Typical.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 pm

I keep having this recurring nightmare where Ronaldo scores a goal in the return leg and Buffon runs with him, hand in hand, to the corner flag and in synchronization they do his trademark celebration together yelling out "SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

Is there anywhere I can bet this happens?

I hope Buffon is benched

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:46 pm

I hope you are benched
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:47 pm

rincon wrote:I hope you are benched

Buffon was way too happy after the first leg, it hurt me

I want to see Szczesny, Bernardeschi if he's fit, Marchisio etc.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 pm

Its unreal that you can think Buffon was happy after losing 3-0. Someone that hates even to concede a goal as much as he does, to be happy after losing.

He is a top athlete and a competitor.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:02 am

He was hugging Real players smiling and laughing after getting powerbombed in Torino

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 am

i actually understand where luca is coming from, tough to explain but i've experienced it and i totally get it.....i think i felt a similar way with raul when we lost 2-6 at the bernabeu...difference being i had wanted raul out of the team a couple of years prior to that
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:48 am

I'm willing to admit I am exaggerating but I thought it was a shocking display at home. We let in the second goal after Chiellini and Buffon both failed to clear a relatively simple ball after our best spell of play in the game. Within a couple minutes of that, Dybala is sent off and we let in another unreal goal from a defensive point of view (Bentancur nutmeg in our penalty area and Marcelo just willing him way into the net, basically walking the ball in). Now it's 3-0 and Real could've had another 3, our team was on the ropes, done, and a man down.

Then the whistle mercifully goes and Buffon is having the night of his life ffs. I understand showing respect and shaking hands but at least cover your grin because I'm sitting here upset and you're in front of your home fans at a stadium you don't lose at

Tough one

I would play Szczesny not just for this but because in 2018, he's a better keeper

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:48 am

Luca wrote:He was hugging Real players smiling and laughing after getting powerbombed in Torino

Should he cry on the field or start a fight? he is a grown ass man. Things should be dealt with internally within the team. If we have a player whose character and commitment for Juve can't be questioned its him. Every single player we have comments on his leadership skills, persona, and charisma.

The rest is us fans dealing with our own emotions.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Negative Culture

After a heavy defeat like Tuesday’s, Juve can fault everything from preparation, skill and player availability to more abstract concepts like economics, mental strength and belief. But behind their struggles is something more complicated and much deadlier: a sort of cultural complacency that allows them to rest on their domestic achievements while downplaying or outright excusing their high-profile failures.

We’ve seen or felt this negative emphasis all year long, and it has to end. It’s one thing to fight an exterior menace like the effects of Calciopoli, quite another to combat a self-generated bogeyman (see: English national team, penalties).

In Juve’s Netflix series, it is clearly stated that the Champions League is the primary target this season; the show’s very existence speaks to Juve’s global ambitions. But you would never get that feeling from all the noncommittal sound bites Juve’s players and coaches have given on a week-to-week, even season-to-season basis.

For every well-deserved statement of pride in Juve’s Scudetto streak, there’s been one lowering expectations when it comes to the Champions League. As soon as president Andrea Agnelli or director general Giuseppe Marotta announce their bold objective of winning the big prize in August, the same duo start hedging their bets by walking back the competition’s importance.

Coach Max Allegri and his players seem to have been conditioned to do the same. At a pregame presser, Allegri and whoever is sitting next to him will always downplay the importance of the competition, claiming that Serie A is an equal priority. They’ll also mention that clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona are significantly superior in quality.

That may be true on most days — but what good does it do to repeat it like a mantra? Juve let that negative perception hang in the air around the players and organization year after year, and it has a cumulatively devastating psychological effect. It’s becoming a perpetual, death-and-taxes sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.

After Tuesday’s game, Gigi Buffon, one of the few truly world-class players on this current Juve squad and its beloved captain, claimed that Real Madrid are “objectively stronger,” despite the fact that the first two (and most damaging) goals were more the result of errors than Real’s superior quality. Even Cristiano Ronaldo’s fantastic bicycle kick was the end result of a glaring defensive gaffe.

When Buffon, who knows what it takes to win on the biggest of stages, makes a statement like that, what effect does that have on his teammates? It can’t be positive. Likewise, when Allegri says that he can’t “reproach” his squad for their performance, it not only avoids confronting problems but resigns the squad to a sort of noble failure — and conditions them to expect more of it.

Even in the two seasons in which Juve made it to the final, the game itself was treated as almost a foregone conclusion — an inevitable loss. Especially in Cardiff, the team’s demeanor reeked of “it’s nice just to be nominated,” despite the fact that for the bulk of both finals, Juve were capable of winning and had previously beaten either Real Madrid or Barcelona over 180 minutes to get to the final itself.

As people who have been nominated will you tell you, the game changes with the nomination. It was nice to be nominated, but now it would be really nice to win. Your expectations rise as you do.

Juve are definitely rising in the footballing world. Someone should let them know.

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2018/4/6/17203962/juventus-max-allegri-2018-serie-a-champions-league

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 pm

4-0 in the return. Higuain hat trick.

It's happening.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 am

You're gonna get hurt yet again CB.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:30 am

Luca wrote:I keep having this recurring nightmare where Ronaldo scores a goal in the return leg and Buffon runs with him, hand in hand, to the corner flag and in synchronization they do his trademark celebration together yelling out "SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

Is there anywhere I can bet this happens?

I hope Buffon is benched

I wish but it wont happen. Buffon wont be benched in what most probably will be his final CL game.

Cant wait for the post match laughing and hugging though like as if the match never happened Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:45 am

So who is going to play as CB for Real tomorrow?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 pm

CBarca wrote:4-0 in the return. Higuain hat trick.

It's happening.

It's more likely that Higuain scores a hat-trick of own goals rather than three goals in favour of his team Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:57 pm

After what I saw tonight I still believe juve are favorite
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:After what I saw tonight I still believe juve are favorite

Me too

Ya'll are getting bodied tomorrow

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Wish this was today ffs

After the Roma game, any signs complacency will be totally eliminated

Congrats on another 3-0. Cant wait to see Buffon making out with Ronaldo after the game. WATTBA
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next