zenmaster
urbaNRoots
S
Mr Nick09
60 posters

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Who will go through

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 17 Vote_lcap50%UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 17 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]
UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 17 Vote_lcap50%UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 17 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 17 Empty Re: UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid

Post by Luca Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Been trying to find a video of that foul @rincon, can you hook a brother up? ^^

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid - Page 17 Empty Re: UCL QF: Juventus vs Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:51 pm

it was a penalty. you could argue the goal scoring threat wasn't that big (you can argue that), but it was a poor decision, from behind, didn't even get the ball. the only thing about the referees call we can argue is the straight red to buffon, maybe he said something, didn't know they were giving reds for that, but that's the ref's discretion.....the pk call was right, come on
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:51 pm

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/04/03/juventus-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match/
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Doc wrote:
breva wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
It's like Juve would've already won the tie if the didn't call for a Pen. The lulz.

No one knows what would have happened. One thing is for sure, if a Juve player had been fouled in the Madrid area in the same way at 95th minute, no foul would have been called

You know this how? What empirical evidence, data or even witchcraft can actually point that out? It was a penalty, like a legit penalty. If you're gonna blame someone, blame Benetia for not only letting Lucas slip him by but having no choice but to foul him.

So, you believe that a referee, in a CL match, would give a penalty against Madrid (for a similar push) that would eliminate Madrid if scored in the last minute of the match. If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Hoofoot is the best website
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 pm

rincon wrote:
Doc wrote:
breva wrote:

No one knows what would have happened. One thing is for sure, if a Juve player had been fouled in the Madrid area in the same way at 95th minute, no foul would have been called

You know this how? What empirical evidence, data or even witchcraft can actually point that out? It was a penalty, like a legit penalty. If you're gonna blame someone, blame Benetia for not only letting Lucas slip him by but having no choice but to foul him.

I don't have witchcraft but I do have the first leg. Cuadrado on the 92', foul, your man gets 0 of the ball and just goes for the kick on his foot, no penalty.

Oh yeah, I remember that and you know what, I wouldn't be all ref conspiracy about it. That should have been called and if it did, I'll have no qualms with exception that our defender (whomever it was, think it was Ramos) is a dunce for tackling like that.

To which Benetia is, why would you tackle like that in the box? More importantly, how did he let Lucas slip?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:59 pm

What we are pointing out is that the Benatia foul could not have been given, just as the foul on Cuadrado was not given. Madrid defenders can be "dunces" in the area and the refs will usually let them off. Other clubs don't get the benefit of the doubt when playing against Madrid. The Madrid heirarchy is very powerful and refs know it.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:00 am

Doc wrote:
rincon wrote:
Doc wrote:

I don't have witchcraft but I do have the first leg. Cuadrado on the 92', foul, your man gets 0 of the ball and just goes for the kick on his foot, no penalty.

Oh yeah, I remember that and you know what, I wouldn't be all ref conspiracy about it. That should have been called and if it did, I'll have no qualms with exception that our defender (whomever it was, think it was Ramos) is a dunce for tackling like that.

It should have been called but it wasn't right? and yours was. Dybala was booked and eventually sent off for diving, not CR though, when he dived either nothing happened, or Licht got a yellow. CR commits a foul, dives, and our defender gets a card. Then we are out. a big double standard in this tie, but I guess its no big deal. Witchcraft or something like that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:02 am

It's an interesting point to make. Not calling the Cuadrado foul and it being brushed aside as such as a non-factor

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:08 am

I never said it was right it wasn't called. I know I said I would have blamed our player and not the ref but to be clear on this:

Sure, it was not right that it didn't get call. Sure, Ronaldo could (and should) have received a yellow for simulation. No Madrid fan can really do anything about the perceived double standards of refs in Europe or why they do what they do but nothing and sincerely mean this, nothing changes the fact that all of this would have been inconsequential if Benetia, the man who seems to be blameless in all this, does not let Lucas slip his marking and fouls him.

I'm sorry your team lost like this. Just like Hans last year, I get the anger and the frustration. I really do.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:11 am

Luca wrote:Been trying to find a video of that foul @rincon, can you hook a brother up? ^^

https://streamable.com/r8ilw
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:13 am

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:Been trying to find a video of that foul @rincon, can you hook a brother up? ^^

https://streamable.com/r8ilw

That's it? Laughing Cuadrado gets clipped after completely missing his shot ffs.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:13 am

"No big deal" is clearly not the case Razz You usually have such a calm and composed manner about your posts. I'm a bit surprised to see you claim that there's been a conspiracy, Rincon. I think both neutrals and fans of participating clubs can agree that the pen and sending off was a tragic way to end this tie, but I don't believe anyone intentionally constructed the incident that lead to the penalty in injury time. I also think it's highly unlikely that the ref was waiting for such a situation to present itself. I see that a lot of Serie A fans are claiming there's been an injustice, but I didn't see any evidence throughout the match that would indicate a bias from the ref towards any of the teams.

Since we're bringing up past situations, a penalty could've just as well been rewarded when Benatia flailed his arms at CR inside the box during the first half. I suppose the sceptics on here would claim that it was a dive, but if there truly was a conspiracy involved, then that would've been a great, early opportunity for the referee to give RM a penalty, which he didn't.

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 am

Some (not all) Juve fans are grasping at straws. Ronaldo should have gotten a yellow for diving? Fine give him a yellow. That doesn’t change anything in the context of the game. It’s not like he was already on a yellow, he just wouldn’t have taken his kit off after the penalty goal whooptie-doo lol.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 am

You are missing the point Doc. Benatia had fault, Ramos (or whoever it was) had fault, Dybala had fault, CR had fault, but all the incidents went against us and none against you.

Doc wrote:nothing and sincerely mean this, nothing changes the fact that all of this would have been inconsequential if
...the refereeing had been even.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 am

He’s not an idiot like Dybala getting 2 yellows in a row.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:15 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Some (not all) Juve fans are grasping at straws. Ronaldo should have gotten a yellow for diving? Fine give him a yellow. That doesn’t change anything in the context of the game. It’s not like he was already on a yellow, he just wouldn’t have taken his kit off after the penalty goal whooptie-doo lol.

You realize we had a player sent off because of diving right?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:17 am

Did Dybala get a straight red for diving or was he an idiot and already had a yellow?

Because this "hypothetical" Ronaldo yellow would have been his first.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 am

Red card for Dybala ( a yellow got after a dive ) and red card for Buffon because of protests on 95'

2 really impossible things in Serie A
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 am

Have it whatever way you want then. No need to make the game fair Thumbs up Players shouldn't be booked because it hypothetically maybe wouldn't have impacted the game. Excepts bookings do matter, and very clearly in this case, did.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 am

Anyway Zidane who replaces Modric with Kovacic Laughing
Probably he was drunk today
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:21 am

Robespierre wrote:Red card for Dybala ( a yellow got after a dive ) and red card for Buffon because of protests on 95'

I wouldn’t call Buffon going apeshit on a referee “protesting” Laughing

He’ll, he was more livid than Drogba was a decade ago despite having no case at all
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:22 am

So you agree giving Ronaldo a yellow card would have had no impact on the result of the match, then what is the point of arguing?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:24 am

Madrid supporters all seem to suffer from cognitive dissonance.

"The disconfirmation (contradiction) of a belief, ideal, or system of values causes cognitive dissonance that can be resolved by changing the belief under contradiction; yet, instead of effecting change, the resultant mental stress restores psychological consonance to the person, by misperception, rejection, or refutation of the contradiction; seeking moral support from people who share the contradicted beliefs; or acting to persuade other people that the contradiction is unreal."
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 am

breva wrote: I'm no Juve fan, but that was a robbery.

Yeah, you're just one of those Serie A fans that supports any and every Italian team in Europe so don't pretend to be unbiased.

That is a penalty 100% according to the rulebook. Just because it was stoppage time and ruined a fairy tale comeback does not make it 50/50. I'm just gonna quote the video again.

farfan wrote:

How is this not a penalty to some of you? Laughing

Penalty in the 1st minute, 95th minute, any minute.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 am

Freeza wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Red card for Dybala ( a yellow got after a dive ) and red card for Buffon because of protests on 95'

I wouldn’t call Buffon going apeshit on a referee “protesting” Laughing

He’ll, he was more livid than Drogba was a decade ago despite having no case at all

Buffon and Chiellini got mad for a clear penalty , probably because they are not  accustomed to it

Chiellini even blamed Real Madrid players " you pay " , shameful behaviour, he deserves ban for at least 15 matches imo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next