World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru)

+42
CBarca
Casciavit
VanDeezNuts
Rebaño Sagrado
FalcaoPunch
nasir6371
MaraVilla
Babun
futbol_bill
Luca
Unique
BarcaLearning
Warrior
RealGunner
LeBéninois
farfan
BusterLfc
McLewis
Kaladin
Jay29
El Gunner
Lucifer
Mr Nick09
rincon
Nishankly
Robespierre
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
messixaviesta
sportsczy
iftikhar
Freeza
Cruijf
Doc
Zagadka
zigra
S
Perucho21
urbaNRoots
46 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Who will qualify? (Select two teams)

World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_lcap33%World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_lcap50%World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_lcap17%World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru)

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 pm

I'd expect more from France though, didn't convince against Australia, and again didn't convince against Peru. Unless France start clicking, I would start to worry as they head towards the knockout stages.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru)

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:01 pm

We always play like this though Deez...  it was actually worse in 1998 and 2006.  It's a lot about self preservation from the managers as they know they're auto-fired if we fail in the group stage...  so the tactics are incredibly negative. Style isn't required by the FFF; but results are.

Once we get to the elimination rounds, we suddenly go for it.  It's maddening.  But after so many tournaments, I don't expect anything else.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:05 am

Great win for France.

Now I gotta cheer for Peru. Still can't believe Lahoz being incompetent is gonna cost me joy once again. You really can't be happy when this guy is a referee.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:33 am

He's shit Freeza... agreed.  Overall, I like VAR however.  It's a step in the right direction.

Denmark deserves to go through over the Aussies for sure. They're a fouling machine and get away with it... I just hope Peru finally comes through to save face.

I'm not sure which France will show up for game 3 so you may have a chance there as well. We typically tank the 3rd games of pool when qualified lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:38 am

sportsczy wrote:He's shit Freeza... agreed. Overall, I like VAR however. It's a step in the right direction.

Yeah it's a step. But I think it's a step backwards to move two steps forwards at this point. They need to use it more...

The Cornelius penalty in essence is the diving argument exemplified. He could've gone down and got a penalty. Instead Lahoz forgets the rules and think he's supposed to give an advantage.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:58 am

That was the problem Freeza... once advantage was given, the foul itself wasn't reviewable since it was already acknowledged. Lahoz shouldn't have called it "'advantage".
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 am

sportsczy wrote:That was the problem Freeza... once advantage was given, the foul itself wasn't reviewable since it was already acknowledged. Lahoz shouldn't have called it "'advantage".

Shouldn't it be overruled though? If he thinks it's a free kick, and it's in the box?

Anyways, penalties needs to overrule that stuff.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:17 am

Freeza wrote:
sportsczy wrote:That was the problem Freeza... once advantage was given, the foul itself wasn't reviewable since it was already acknowledged. Lahoz shouldn't have called it "'advantage".

Shouldn't it be overruled though? If he thinks it's a free kick, and it's in the box?

Anyways, penalties needs to overrule that stuff.
You can't overrule that. Advantage is a judgement call by the ref. If he would have not made a call at all, then they could have reviewed it and said that he missed the foul.

Lahoz basically took VAR out of the play when he chose to give the advantage sign.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 am

I'm not even sure he called an advantage looking back on it. Seems he thinks they were pulling eachother equally or something. There's no explaining Lahoz really.

Nothing makes the pain less though. Guess we have to beat France now... Would love to meet Iceland in 1/8 to settle something.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:36 am

We can draw and you'll be ok, right?  Australia is on 1 point and Peru has 0.  All you need is 1 point.

That's assuming Australia beats Peru, which is absolutely not a given.  Peru is a better team.  Even if that happened and you lost to France, it would then come down to goal difference.

Denmark is in a better position than Australia imo.  France isn't exactly on a goalscoring rampage right now.  We're just doing enough...

I like Eriksen and I hate Australian tactics.  So I'm rooting for you! To get a draw of course lol.. I want a draw with Denmark so we can all walk away happy Very Happy
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 pm

If Germany end 2nd France should throw the game, they're already qualified, right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:40 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:If Germany end 2nd France should throw the game, they're already qualified, right?

Yes. Already qualified. But finishing 2nd means Croatia in the next round... I don't think they want that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 am

Likely line up against Denmark according to l'Equipe:

Mandanda - Sidibé, Varane, Kimpembe, Hernandez - Kanté, Nzonzi - Dembélé, Griezmann, Lemar - Giroud

A lot of changes as expected.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:16 am

What happened to Mendy?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:24 am

Well looks like he's not 100% fit .

Excited to see that team play especially Lemar
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Casciavit wrote:What happened to Mendy?

Lucas Hernandez has been the best defensive player on the team... and he's tough as nails. Competition. That's Mendy's problem.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Hey Freeza... did the Danish manager talk shit about France before the WC? Deschamps called him out on it and said there will be "extra incentive, although we don't need any". Pogba mentioned he was aware of what was said and so are the other French players.

WTF did he say lol. I completely missed that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:04 pm

He said France parks the bus, play completely negative and don't deserve to win any matches

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Luca wrote:He said France parks the bus, play completely negative and don't deserve to win any matches

World Cup (2018) - Group C (Australia, Denmark, France, Peru) - Page 12 Tenor
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 pm

If France finish 2nd , it might be better for them ...
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Hey Freeza... did the Danish manager talk shit about France before the WC? Deschamps called him out on it and said there will be "extra incentive, although we don't need any". Pogba mentioned he was aware of what was said and so are the other French players.

Well, he trash talks our player who weren't called up. He's a huge dick, but he's done fairly well so far. Haven't lost in 16.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Freeza wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Hey Freeza... did the Danish manager talk shit about France before the WC? Deschamps called him out on it and said there will be "extra incentive, although we don't need any". Pogba mentioned he was aware of what was said and so are the other French players.

Well, he trash talks our player who weren't called up. He's a huge dick, but he's done fairly well so far. Haven't lost in 16.

But I don't know where the trash talk comments come from. He sounds pretty respectful from the things I've heard. But I'm not the best at understanding Norwegian.

Ask @Thimmy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:24 am

This world cup could use more trash talk, I'm all for it

Let's go Denmark. Got a friend at the game who will be cheering on Eriksen and the boys
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm

If Australia beats Peru, GLASIA overtakes GLCONMEBOL WATTBA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:19 pm

france brings out a first XI with 0 playmaker lol, they look crap
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:france brings out a first XI with 0 playmaker lol, they look crap

They barely have any in the entire squad and this forum wonders why i was critical of their balance before the tournament starts.

Pogba has to be Zidane for it to work, the rest of their usual first XI has no passing ability.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next