World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

+52
danyjr
Ganso
Mr Nick09
guest7
Winter is Coming
phenom
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Thimmy
Blue Barrett
Bankz
Kebab
Jay29
Myesyats
Valkyrja
jibers
Robespierre
terrance511
Rebaño Sagrado
Kaladin
juvealbanian
futbol_bill
CBarca
Luca
farfan
Casciavit
Babun
Doc
McLewis
GRude
Freeza
El Gunner
zigra
halamadrid2
Firenze
Lucifer
BusterLfc
Nishankly
RealGunner
BarcaLearning
Art Morte
messixaviesta
Cruijf
M99
rincon
Unique
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
S
Zagadka
urbaNRoots
56 posters

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Who will qualify? (Select two teams)

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_lcap44%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_lcap38%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_lcap0%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_lcap18%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:39 pm

tears in my eyes

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

Post by M99 Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Just looked up the World Cup flops thread from four years ago. People who listed Ronaldo as flop: me, McAgger, sree99, Ganso, Harmonica, Robes, Mole, Gil, Bankz and many more...

Quoting some legendary posts

sree999 wrote:Gelnado has to be the greatest flop in this wc . He has been fit as told by his coach and fitness staff . His empathy PR story has to be the greatest troll ever done by a player on his own fans . Lot of his fans cut their hair to look like him after Germany match only to be trolled by the diva by shaving his side hair . CR has won barber award of the tournament. Who want goals . 3 hairstyle >>> 1 goal

sree999 wrote:Lol lolnaldo fans trying too hard not to include him in flop list . His coach and trainer said he was fit to play but his fans saying he wasn't fit he is the so called no 1 for his fans . HE HAS BEEN A F**KIN FLOP . No 1 my xxx casillas what to say end of cycle. Feel sorry for him . He has won it all . No desire left i guess . Ramos is the no 1 defender in the world according to some people omg. alves has been poor . Hazard too expected more from. Him. Pepe the xxxx xxxx showed his true colours.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Mole exposed and I remain in a guise of neutrality?

What a time to be alive

Still, I must defend my partner in misery until the end

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:51 pm

So please tell me how a WC you all agree Ronaldo flopped in and two group stage games makes his international career better than Messi? Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:56 pm

I assume it has to do with Portugal winning Euros with Ronaldo having a key role but I can be wrong.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Like I've said multiple times before, you can't credit Ronaldo for winning the Euro, since he left the final early on. You can only credit him for taking them to the final, which Messi has done three times.

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 pm

And for what it's worth, Ronaldo missed a pen in the Euro group stages and couldn't stop his team from finishing 3rd in the group. But I thought GOATs were supposed to be able carry their team no matter what hmm

Yes he played well in the knockouts but so did Messi in the WC and both Copas (moreso in the Copas but might as well compare like for like)
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Messi has no freedom of ronaldo, he gets special treatement. Watch Messi highlights on both games vs island and croatia and show me one moment which messi got such free space near the box

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 110
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 210
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 310
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 510
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 A10
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 B10
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 D10
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 22 E10

here are highlights of messi

ronaldo highlights

Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Cruijf wrote:Like I've said multiple times before, you can't credit Ronaldo for winning the Euro, since he left the final early on. You can only credit him for taking them to the final, which Messi has done three times.

Sorry even if Messi is my favorite , the argument is flawed.
Cr7 deserves his credit for the win . Not playing all the final game is not a problem.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Yesterday i said ronaldo outperformed messi this season. but after watching those highlights i changed my mind. Ronaldo is just outscoring Messi. when it comes to playing football he is not in Messi's level
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 pm

when harmonica isn't even bother anymore. u know that's it.

guys.

please.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:59 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Like I've said multiple times before, you can't credit Ronaldo for winning the Euro, since he left the final early on. You can only credit him for taking them to the final, which Messi has done three times.

Sorry even if Messi is my favorite , the argument is flawed.
Cr7 deserves his credit for the win . Not playing all the final game is not a problem.

What type of nonsense is this rofl

So now people are given credit for games they didn't play in?

Next you guys will be saying Ronaldo deserves credit for Croatia beating Argentina Laughing

You get credit for your performances, not what your team does without you
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Portugal didn't just make it to the final, they actually benefited from Ronaldo's goals. You know, all 3 of them (lol). He did play an integral part in the lead up to the final. You shouldn't be so dismissive of his contributions like that (even if you might/would find it meaningless or not worthy).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 pm

I've never denied that lol, I've said multiple times he deserves credit for taking them to the final. I'm just saying he doesn't deserve credit for his team winning the final without him after he left injured. Honestly don't understand how that is controversial in any way Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:28 pm

I see, you're separating the actual final from the entire tournament. Absolutely disagree to that level of thinking but we'll just go around the mullberry bush with this one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Doc wrote:I assume it has to do with Portugal winning Euros with Ronaldo having a key role but I can be wrong.

Genuinely not being a hater here, but can you expand on how Ronaldo had a key role getting the euros? As far as I remember, he pretty much ghosted the tournament except for 1 goal he scored against Wales. He deserves credit for scoring his PK when called upon, but so did the other 4 takers. He hardly "carried" his team there.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Tbh I don't think Cristiano can get such high props for Portugal's euro. Excluding his motivational speech. Just as I would not have given messi any props had higuain scored against Germany considering messi didn't look all that in that tournament in the knockouts. Cristiano's euro 04 was much better than the last one imo.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:43 pm

Just for the record messi has had more help at club and national team level than Cristiano from 2010 onwards...but that's neither here nor there
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Doc wrote:I assume it has to do with Portugal winning Euros with Ronaldo having a key role but I can be wrong.

Genuinely not being a hater here, but can you expand on how Ronaldo had a key role getting the euros? As far as I remember, he pretty much ghosted the tournament except for 1 goal he scored against Wales. He deserves credit for scoring his PK when called upon, but so did the other 4 takers. He hardly "carried" his team there.

Honestly, besides his brace vs Poland and that 1 goal he scored vs Wales, I totally get why anyone would say he wasn't key for Portugal. But without the brace, Portugal was finishing last so he gets the "key" moniker for me. Of course, it comes from a bias place so there is that.

Do I honestly believe he carried Portugal, no way. Even on a banter level, I can't say that but I cannot disregard his goals as if without them, Portugal was still winning the tournament. Feel the same for Lionel and their final. His goals helped them reach where they reached. Can't change facts really.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:59 pm

What brace vs Poland?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Hungary, shit, 2 goals vs Hungary in the last game of the group. My bad. I knew Poland was wrong but I continued anyway.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:25 pm

totally forgot about that tbh
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm

It's not that he wasn't key to Portugal winning, he was key. He just wasn't the main reason they won, he wasn't the main reason they made the final and he did not play in the final (well, 20 odd minutes). He did contribute, but he already did more in the first two games of the World Cup then he did in the entirety of the Euro- and I don't mean just the goals but the results that his goals secured.

By bringing up Portugal winning the Euro- in spite of Ronaldo rather due to Ronaldo, it is to illustrate that this is a very good, tournament champion side. That is now even better. This is a strong side from top to bottom and Ronaldo is in finer form than he was in the 2016 Euro. If you guys are not careful, they'll win again. Respect must be put on their names before its too late.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:58 am

Griezmann rightfully got the best player award in the Euro and Portugal's best player over the course of the tourney I would say was Pepe or Rui Patricio. Messi was not even Argentina's best player overall last World Cup (groups to final it was Mascherano) but FIFA still gave their boy the Golden Ball.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:29 pm

dead

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:25 pm

Banking  on this group to provide us some late drama like today

Inb4 Messi hattrick and the subsequent wankfest that'd follow :ugh:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next