The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina on Sat May 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Fekir behind Laca-Auba in 4312/3412 would be so good

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina on Sat May 04, 2019 10:10 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Vagi12

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Lucas10The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Vagi12The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 16847710The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Calma10The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 ZRXInyBThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 37329810The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Xowen10The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 TrolldolskiThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Market_15514_1390429635The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Mike110The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 am

Reports from Brazil claiming Edu Gaspar will join as our Technical Director after the Copa America. Fits the ex-player requirement and has good connections with Kia Joorabchian.

Found this informative read on our management structure that's worth a look:

https://medium.com/@Tomthegunner/arsenal-sven-structure-and-the-search-for-a-technical-director-2f09fa60e257
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue May 07, 2019 9:26 am

So Copa America ends in 7 July, unless Brazil go out earlier (which is doubtful considering they play at home). That's late for a Technical Director to start his job.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Tue May 07, 2019 9:46 am

EDIT

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue May 07, 2019 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC MacLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 am

I honestly think Brandt would be the perfect signing for Arsenal.
Cheap and fantastic, and has his head screwed on right.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Tue May 07, 2019 10:51 am

FFS I' ve mistaken thread
It Is Arsenal section , confused with GS section :l
That Is why I was looking for Jay
Forgive me , I edit and I write it on correct place.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC MacLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:I present you Bruno Fernandes, Ramsey's perfect replacement:

The big big clubs are not on to him yet so we have a chance to snatch him up.

But he will be expensive because he is incredibly important for Sporting and the best player in the league. Completely worth it for his goals/assists he provides though.

[DiMarzio] Sporting has accepted a €55 million bid from Manchester City for Bruno Fernandes

Whoops, oh well...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue May 07, 2019 5:38 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:So Copa America ends in 7 July, unless Brazil go out earlier (which is doubtful considering they play at home). That's late for a Technical Director to start his job.

He's Brazil's technical director, so I assume he'll see out his current project before moving on.

I'll also assume/hope that transfer plans have been made already and aren't contingent on Edu arriving.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Sat May 11, 2019 8:43 pm

heard Konate had a good performance today
haven't watched enough of him to say though

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Spoiler:
The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Lucas10The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Vagi12The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 16847710The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Calma10The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 I44.servimg.:I'munoriginal:The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 ZRXInyBThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 37329810The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Xowen10The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 TrolldolskiThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Market_15514_1390429635The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Mike110The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 on Sun May 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Getting rid of XHAKA, Mustafi and Iwobi (even without replacements) will be deemed a good window i think. Not only they are bad but also blocking kids who are equal if not better than them.

Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Ornstein was just on Radio Five Live.

He said if we end in the EL again next summer, our transfer budget will only be around £40m. However, it'll be "significant higher" if get into the CL.

Also said centre back and a box-to-box midfielder are our priorities.

I haven't heard the broadcast yet but he apparently cited Djene Dakonam (Getafe CB) as a target.

EDIT: Heard it now.

He cited Jonathan Wilson of the Telegraph for the Dakonam links. Mentioned Christopher Nkunku as a target for b2b mid, and brought up Rabiot as well as someone we had interest in before, but said he was a "complex individual". He went on to say that a winger/wide forward would be "secondary" to CB/CM, and that we may also go for a centre forward and left back, too. If a CF arrives, Nketiah will go loan. Finally, he said we'll be looking to integrate Nelson, Smith Rowe, Willock, Saka and Mavropanos into the first team more next season.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue May 14, 2019 10:17 pm

What are these absolute poverty names

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Wed May 15, 2019 8:44 am

It's where we end up after spending £400m since 2013 with only three FA Cups and one second place PL finish to show for it. Two seasons out of the CL while running a CL-level wage bill is starting to bite us hard.

My early prediction is that we'll spend a lot of the summer looking for buyers for our unwanted players while only two will arrive. Maybe we'll get three in if we win the EL.

In terms of outs, it's looking like:

Already gone - Cech, Lichtsteiner, Ramsey, Welbeck
Very likely to leave - Elneny, Monreal, Chambers, Jenkinson
Want to sell but need a buyer - Mustafi, Ozil, Mkhitaryan
Could sell if good offer arrives - Kolasinac, XHAKA
Loans - Mavropanos, Nketiah (if we signed a forward), Smith Rowe (rumours are he'll return to Leipzig for another season)

In terms of squad depth:

Leno/?

Bellerin/AMN Sokratis/Holding Koscielny/? Kolasinac/?

XHAKA/Guendouzi Torreira/?

Mkhitaryan/Nelson Ozil/Willock Iwobi/?

Aubameyang/Lacazette/Nketiah

It gets trickier if three at the back is here to stay:

Leno/?

Sokratis/? Koscielny/? Holding/?

Bellerin/AMN XHAKA/Guendouzi Torreira/? Kolasinac/?

Ozil/Mkhitaryan Iwobi/Willock/Nelson

Auba/Laca/Eddie
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Wed May 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Hopefully Edu puts an end to these links with average/hard working players Emery is seemingly interested.

More Brandt's and less Perisic's.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by silver on Thu May 16, 2019 11:07 am

We can't rely on Koscielny for another season.

We were lucky he didn't break down this season with the number of consecutive games he had to play.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl on Thu May 16, 2019 9:15 pm

With us still in limbo over our Director of Football, what is going to happen to our transfer activity?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 ALKyDy6_460sa_v1
AnJl
AnJl
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Thu May 16, 2019 10:12 pm

I thought Edu was a done deal
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Fri May 17, 2019 7:44 am

According to Ornstein, the appointment of a technical director doesn't effect our business this summer as plans have already been made.

It's not a DoF we're trying to hire. A technical director differs in that their job is less recruitment based and more about unifying all departments under the same football vision. Hence Arsenal were looking to have a Head of Recruitment (formerly Mislintat) and a Technical Director at the same time.

From what I've read, Francis Cagigao is currently heading up recruitment. So he, Emery and Sanllehi would have already made plans for the summer that weren't dependent on someone arriving.

As for Edu, the Brazil FA have confirmed there's been contact, but said that Edu is currently focusing on the Copa America. Falls in line with reports that he'll join after the Copa is finished.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Fri May 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Good news for you guys, looks like we might actually take Mustafi on loan...

#JUSTICE4The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Lulcas11The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 ZidaneThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 SmurffThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 GhelyonThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Hungry_boyThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Must be our revenge on Gazidis.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 pm

@M99 wrote:Good news for you guys, looks like we might actually take Mustafi on loan...

Proud Proud

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl on Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Jay, who would you like to see join the club?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 ALKyDy6_460sa_v1
AnJl
AnJl
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina on Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@M99 wrote:Good news for you guys, looks like we might actually take Mustafi on loan...

Proud Proud

i was actually counting on the money from selling Mustafi and Chambers to sign a New CB

Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Yesterday at 10:40 am

We'll get money for Chambers, but Mustafi is damaged goods on a big salary so clubs are rightfully staying away. I'm afraid a loan is the best we can hope for.

Jay, who would you like to see join the club?

Good question.

To be unrealistic, Umtiti and Van De Beek would fit our main needs very nicely. There's also Doucoure at Watford, though he'd be a different profile of b2b than Van De Beek. Ndombele is another one, though since he's getting attention from the top clubs he's likely out of our league at this point.

To be more realistic, Pablo Sarabia would be a very useful addition for a modest enough fee, since he can play as an 8, 10 or wide playmaker, has a good work rate and scores from midfield.

Kieran Tierney or Jose Gaya would be good options for left back if we want to splash a little bit.

I've not had the chance to watch a lot of football outside of England and Spain this season, unfortunately. La Liga is still full of talent, though. Mario Hermoso (CB at Espanyol), Jonathan Silva (LB at Leganes), Pablo Fornals (midfielder at Villareal), and Mikel Oyazarbal (versatile attacking midfielder at Real Sociedad). Madrid might be selling Marcos Llorente (DM) who could be a good pick-up as well. Given the heavy Spanish influence we have at the club, I think we'll be looking at some of these.

Other than, I want us to look within, too. I'm not as concerned about a winger now because I think we should give that chance to Reiss Nelson and keep a pathway clear for Saka or Amaechi.
Jay29
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Yesterday at 3:08 pm

Being linked with Thomas Partey.

Would love him.

Thomas the TANK engine is exactly what we need
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next