Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
36 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Official Roma Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Roma Thread

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 am

Today’s edition of Corriere dello Sport reports that the match on Sunday between Roma and Inter at the Stadio Olimpico will be decisive for the future of Giallorossi manager Eusebio Di Francesco. Reportedly, the club hope not to be tasked with having to sack their manager, however, should Roma lose the clash against the Nerazzuri – the possibility of Di Francesco leaving the club will become more than a hypothesis. Should Di Francesco ultimately be sacked, the newspaper reports that Monchi could resign. As for substitutes, the name of Paulo Sousa is one that does not excite or convince Roma’s hierarchy.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 am

(Exclusive – RomaPress): Roma sporting director Monchi has been preparing for the January market for some time. The Spaniard is well-aware of the Giallorossi’s struggles this season and is ready to reinforce the Giallorossi in January. The priority list includes a defender as Ivan Marcano is ready to leave, a midfielder, and perhaps an attacker. One of the names that is being eyed by Monchi is Atletico Mineiro central defender Iago Maidana. Alexandre Gallo, director of the Brazilian side, admitted back in August that the Giallorossi admire the 22 year old, who stands at a whopping 1.96m (6’5″) tall. The agent of the player, Marcelo Robalinho, is working on securing a European passport for his client, though, this would not matter for a potential move to Roma because the Giallorossi still have available non-EU spots. Maidana is ready for Europe and perhaps Roma, however, Ivan Marcano would first have to leave before the youngster potentially arrives.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 am

Between results and injuries, Roma have struggled mightily this season. Because of this, sporting director, Monchi, is focused on the January market to try and bring in reinforcements. Given the struggles of Patrik Schick and the injury of Edin Dzeko, one of the names that the Spanish director is pondering is a familiar one: Ben Yedder of Sevilla. The Frenchman has started only 7 league matches this season and could leave the Spanish side in January, according to calciomercato.com.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 am

So Lorenzo Pellegrini is out for the rest of 2018, leaving us without our starting trequartista. I think we revert back to a 4-3-3 unless EDF has an idea of who to play behind Schick.

IMO this is an excellent chance for Nico Zaniolo to step in and get some good minutes in an advanced position. The kid has looked great against Madrid and Inter. Very impressed with him as he's not afraid to get stuck in and does have great skill on the ball to go with good vision, which marks him out as more a mezz'ala than a trequartista so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him used more in a midfield 3 especially given DDR is also out and Nzonzi's our lone pivot in midfield.

The Nainggolan deal was seen as advantage Inter, but with Zaniolo's emergence as well as as Santon's resurgence combined with Nainggolan's injury woes, it's looking like we may have gotten the last laugh here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:05 am

The poor results against lesser opponents continue. Disappointing draw with Cagliari today after we had gone 2-0 up.

I didn't see the game myself so I will watch the replay (gulp) at some point. Part of me isn't surprised at all by this though. We historically don't have the best of record away to this side so struggling to win there isn't all that strange to me.

However, I truly believe this game encapsulates just what's wrong with this team. I firmly believe it's not EDF's tactics and it's not squad choices or even subs. It's all about mentality and a failure to execute by the players we need performances from the most. It also sheds a light on just how bad the injury crisis is. Some are going to say that despite all of this, we should be winning these games, but I challenge that theory as I just don't see any evidence of that. Talent? Sure. That's not enough in this league though. This group lacks the mentality to grind out wins against sides like this. Should EDF get some blame for that? Yeah. Coaches have an ability to instill mentality in their players and at some level, his ideas and influence just isn't taking hold with the players. How much of that is a refusal by the players or an inability is anyone's guess. I just don't think it's enough to fire him at this point yet. We need calm right now, not rash decisions. We always fall into this trap of making seismic changes when we're in a bit of a quagmire. This is not January 2016 under Garcia where there was just no hope in sight. We're not at that point yet. For me, EDF is still the one to lead this team. It's on the players, not him, to respond.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:21 am

Match against Genoa is one of our last chances before we're mathematically ruled out of a top 4 finish, barring an astonishing comeback in the 2nd half of the season. I don't know what that means for EDF, but his presser after the Plzen lost was the most defeatist I've heard him to date. I think he's losing faith in his ability to rally the locker room and if that's true, he may well resign instead of being fired. This is all speculation though.

Personally, I think if a coaching change needs to get made, better to do it now and give the new coach time to set their team in time for the CL's return in February. Otherwise, we need to stick it out with EDF and reinforce key positions in January, which is my preference.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:03 am

Damage is done already and the loss versus Plzen is an indication of that. Roma the emotional cavern of a team they are can muster the passion to go deep into the CL as they did last year, accompanied by the team's obvious capability to playing pass for pass and almost going through with the motions when it comes to the 90 minutes. The loss of Nainggolan, Strootman and long absence of DDR obvious will have one have a midfield lost of all its fiery characteristics and drive and never have I see a Roma team succeed without a solid midfield.

EDF is well and truly alone here and resignation should be the option and sadly some Roma fans will make it out to be in disgrace rather than honour.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:13 am

Yeah I would very much prefer he resign than hang on out of some futile sense of honor, only to be unceremoniously fired by Pallotta. Good coaches know when it's time to step aside and I think he's one of those.

What terrifies me right now is there are literally no candidates that we can look to and say "Yup, that guy would at least steady the ship and get us at least trying to claw our way back." Not a single person we've been linked with gives me that impression.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up calling Alberto De Rossi (father of Daniele) up from the Primavera to coach the first team.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 am

Regarding the players in general and I think this goes beyond Roma, but I'll stick with just our club:

These players lack courage, Manolas said today. They are afraid of playing the game, as Florenzi said today also. What lost us the game today was really poor ball movement.  We moved the ball at a snails pace which means Plzen had ages to reset each time and even for a team as mediocre as them, it's simple fundamental defending at that point. So why did we allow this? Fear. These players are terrified of making mistakes. For a while last season we were actually better away from the Olimpico than at it, but we seem to be equally bad home and away this season and that tells me that the players aren't responding well to the pressure anywhere they go.

As someone mentioned in another thread, we signed a TON of players over the summer. So many different players from so many different clubs and most importantly different environments to that of Rome. It was also going to be difficult to gel them cohesively into a coherent unit capable of getting results in their 1st season together. This is another reason why I believe the criticism and pressure to sack EDF is unfair. He may be in his 2nd season as coach, but he's effectively in his 1st season with a team that largely resembles he and Monchi's vision and not Spalletti and Sabatini's. They need time and patience to make mistakes and ultimately get things right. This was always going to be the season for that to happen. The euphoria of the Romantada has unfortunately had the unwelcome effect of raising the stakes and pressure on EDF much faster than he would've liked or anticipated and he may now well pay the price for it. But I digress.

What I saw in that Plzen game was a distinct lack of spine. There was no anger, no frustration, no EMOTION. Only paralysis and listless haze of mediocrity. These guys simply didn't know what to do. against Plzen of all teams. If they can't find their way against a team of this caliber, I shudder to think of what an elite team like Man City can do to us in the R16. These guys would be well beaten before even taking the pitch, that's how far gone their mental strength is. We've been here before though and EDF got us through it. I'm getting derided by other Romanisti in other forums for pointing this out, but I'm still going to do it. He tapped into something no other coach had ever hit on before. I don't even know what to call it, but he found it and exploited he fuck out of it to get this team doing the impossible. Now I will admit he had some absolute warriors at his disposal to get that job done.

Nainggolan, Strootman and DDR weren't just the spine of this team because of their technical and physical ability. These guys are warriors mentally. They have very strong mentalities and they don't give up easily at all. The one player that we still have that shares such a mentality is Manolas. Nainggolan especially had a fire in his belly that was extremely rare to see. He fed off of the pressure this city heaped on him. He thrived on it. He was never afraid of it. Pastore, in steep contrast, is. He'll probably never admit that, but the way he played today, return from injury or not, that guy was absolutely terrified of the pressure of being Ninja's replacement and what that means. He was terrified of being one of our most expensive buys and of having to shoulder the burden of being our best creative player (on paper) since Totti retired. That's quite a mantle for him and unfortunately he was never up to that task. Cristante has come here with quite the reputation, but he appears to have withered as well under that pressure. Zaniolo hasn't at all and that's great to see, given his tender age, but he's pretty much all alone in that regard as none of the other youngsters appear to have that little bit of steel in them like he does except maybe Under and Lorenzo Pellegrini, who we are now missing terribly. Schick and Kluivert may be 2 of the most talented youngsters of their generation right now, but to me they are soft as tissue paper on evidence. No fight in either of them. All I see is timidity. These guys are supposed to be the immediate future of this club yet so many of them look absolutely run through with the pressure on them. That's the pressure cooker that is Roma. Talent isn't enough here. You gotta have thick skin, huge balls and a laser focus to play for this club and not lose your mind and your dignity. If there's any blame to lay at Monchi's feet it's that he may not have fully understood how much pressure these players are put under by the media and fans in Rome. When he looks for players, he needs to take a closer look at their mentality while also assessing their talent and ability. I think it's perfectly acceptable to pass on a clearly talented player if it's determined he doesn't have mentally what it takes to be successful here. It benefits the player and the club while preserving Monchi's reputation, which has taken quite the thrashing this season.

So while I hope we reinforce next month, the real boost needs to be mental. Whether that comes from EDF or another coach should he be out, I don't think it matters. What matters is that these players need to either step up and fight for the shirt or think long and hard about why they're even playing for this club. I have never been a purely results-focused fan. I prefer great performances to great results every time. If I got the rest of my life having never seen this team lift the scudetto, I'm good with that. What I don't want to go the rest of my life seeing is 11 dudes playing like they are afraid of their own shadows because they can't take the heat.

I'll respect the hell out of a player willing to take a risk of trying something and fucking up over one that is too afraid of the consequences. I want to see risk because risk comes from courage and courage comes from confidence. They all beget each other and it's got to start from somewhere. Where I really don't know.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 am

Brilliant assessment as per usual.

Florenzi furthermore commented on how Roma are just afraid of the ball.

Their current situation strikes a resemblance to Wenger's boys running on emotional fuel for the last 2 years or so and reactive to media impression, locker-room atmosphere and few key wins that never really are strung past 2-3 successive ones or Allegri's final year in Milan.

Or more a parallel to to life itself where the fear of failure through inertia, inaction or failure itself is directly counter-productive and EDF the creative and thoughtful little mind he may be, is not the Conte or Hitzfeld they need in a situation given the environment he would prefer to work in allows a far more free stewardship of his work and Roma's pressure cooker system is anything but.

So no surprise Pastore who has been a mental midget his whole career and Cristate who's expressions just reek of coddled and fearful, will wilt in such pressure despite their obvious talent.

I do not believe in a victim mentality but EDF really is one here. Shame.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:05 am

Yup, this is a realization that I hate myself for coming to. EDF, as much as I support him, is just not the guy to get us over this hump, despite how much I want him to be.

In short.....we need a coach on the intensity level of a Cholo or a Loco to get in here and kick some ass. Someone needs to come in, put tactics and talent to one side, and literally break these guys down and then put them back together. Like they do to create soldiers in the military. They need to be mentally undressed, exposed to their insecurities, their fears and their nightmares and forced to confront them. Those who run away from them get sold, those who stay, fight and beat them re-emerge as the players we hoped they would be.

Alas, I doubt this happens though as there are millions of euros involved and a lot of agents with fragile egos of their own.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:38 am

The source for this is questionable, but these are some excellent reasons for Monchi being reluctant to support sacking EDF:

Italian:

Chi ci legge sa che Pallotta da un pezzo avrebbe esonerato Di Francesco.

Sapete anche che Monchi non è convinto.

Nella notte abbiamo provato a capire il perché.

1) Di Francesco è una sua scelta è come tale la vuole difendere;
2) l’essere riconoscenti per il cammino europeo della scorsa stagione
3) sollevare un allenatore che sta affrontando la parte della stagione più importante con un rosa falcidiata da infortuni e calciatori che non si reggono in piedi perché reduci da infortuni
4) perché non vi è nel panorama attuale un allenatore prendibile di livello
5) il traghettatore non è una soluzione che piace. Prendere qualcuno a tempo determinato secondo lui potrebbe togliere motivazioni
6) prendere un mister nella residua scelta odierna può compromettere il futuro ingaggio di un allenatore di maggior spicco

English:

Those who read us know that Pallotta had exonerated Di Francesco for a while.

You also know that Monchi is not convinced (about sacking EDF).

In the night we tried to understand why.

1) Di Francesco is his choice and as such he wants to defend it; (Monchi chose Di Francesco and he is ready to defend him)

2) To be grateful for the European path of last season (Recognition for last year’s Champions League campaign).

3) To raise a coach who is facing the most important part of the season with a rose that is decimated by injuries and players who can not stand up because they recover from injuries (He feels that sacking a manager in the most important part of the season when the majority of the team is out injured doesn’t make sense).

4) There is currently no level coach in the current landscape (There is no top class manager available).

5) The ferryman is not a solution that pleases. Taking someone on a fixed term according to him could remove motivation (A temporary manager will lead to a loss of motivation for the players).

6) Taking a mister in the remaining choice today may jeopardize the future engagement of a major coach (Getting a manager on a longer contract then sacking him will eat away from the budget available for a top class manager should one become available).

I've largely been behind EDF due to the fact that the mental fragility these players are displaying isn't something he should be realistically expected to fix as well as the fact that an injury crisis has hit at an inopportune time of the season, affecting results. The lacking of a viable replacement is the biggest one though. None of this is within EDF's control so he shouldn't be suffering the consequences of it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:59 am

Very sound reasoning by Monchi and this manifesto sums up why people of this profession are hired for their job whilst us couch critics from Twitter, Cheisa di Totti or in general should not as clearly Monchi is far more aware of the general scope even if the feeling is he is staunchly behind a choice due to his own personal implementation the choice.

But EDF and Roma never truly were a great fit given the character and personality differences along with the young tactician not ready for such a fiery environment.

Sadly one cannot see the current mentality or results truly changing if this remains and the departure of EDF may also mean the departure of Monchi, though hopefully not.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:50 am

First post of 2019.

So as far as the state of the club goes, we look poised to get back quite a few missing pieces for our next match on the 14th in the Coppa Italia against Virtus Entella. With our next Serie A match not until the 20th, that allows plenty of time for Monchi to take a good look at the market and bring in any needed reinforcements, which will likely come in midfield and defense only.

Defense - No new names so far from what was previously posted. Fazio appears to still have EDF and Monchi's confidence despite his poor form. Karsdorp and Marcano are likely to leave, having both failed to settle and are out of EDF's plans.  The top names to come in remain Gianluca Mancini of Atalanta and Iago Maidana of Atletico Mineiro. The latter is far easier to get as even Mineiro's sporting director has admitted that his future is up in the air whereas Atalanta have mentioned they have no real desire to part with Mancini at this stage of the season. Teenager Ozan Kabak of Galatasaray is another name that could come cheaply as he's also getting starts for them too.

Midfield - From the above list I posted previously, Sander Berge of Genk and Leander Dendoncker from Wolves are the newest names, though Julian Weigl of BVB remains one of the the top names. Hector Herrera of Porto is also another one that is at the top of the list.

----------------------

Personally, I don't know much about either Berge or Dendoncker, but I have seen much more of Hector Herrera and I like him. Has an engine on him, technically good, and a leader on the pitch. We need that with DDR still working his way back to fitness. Weigl is super talented, but I don't see us keeping him after a loan.

As for defense. I would honestly prefer we look inward and see if Bianda is ready for some minutes back there rather than going out into the market and getting more teenage CBs. If we're going to get a CB at this point, might as well get an older more experience one that is ready made to make an instant impact. It's a real shame Marcano didn't work out as he was supposed to be that CB for us.

Last edited by McLewis on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:56 am

Dendoncker is a good player. Was doing well at Anderlecht, highly rated here
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:02 am

We've also been sniffing around another Belgian in Dennis Praet from Sampdoria, but I think that's more a summer signing. I like him quite a bit as well. Would be cheaper than going after Van de Beek, I believe.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:07 am

New idea for defense is Miranda from Inter. He lost his place to De Vrij and is looking for more playing. His salary is too high right now for Monchi, who doesn't want to spend 3m a year on a 34 year old CB.

Source: Il Messagero
-----------------------------------------

Genk are not looking to sell Sander Berge this month and prefer a summer transfer. Spurs remains interested him along with us.

Source: Genk Director Dimitri de Conde via TeleRadioStereo
-----------------------

Atalanta have said CB Gianluca Mancini will cost 25m. A deal is possible this month with him joining in the summer.

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport
------------------------

Monchi has proposed a deal with Lille for midfielder Thiago Maia, a loan with obligation to buy set at 10m. Maia's agent has indicated he has not been contacted and that the player is happy at Lille currently.

Source: La Voix du Nord / Julio Taran, Thiago Maia's agent, in interview with RomaPress

----------------------------------

We've returned for Pedro Obiang, currently at West Ham. The offer is a loan with option to buy at the end of the season. West Ham rejected this arrangement in the summer, but may be more susceptible to it now that the situation has changed. The club are open to allowing him to leave on loan.

Source: Gianluca di Marzio / Sky Sports Italia
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 am

Alaves defender Guillermo Maripan has been linked in recent hours to Roma. Marcelo Contreras, the agent of the player, spoken to Teleradiostereo today regarding his client. These are his words:

“Monchi has been following Guillermo for two years, since he was playing in Chile, at the time, he generated interest from Roma, but for now, nobody has called me and I do not know if they called Alaves directly. Roma is clearly a club that is in our list of options for Guillermo’s growth and we hope, if the interest is true, that something happens”.

Stefano Castelnovo, the agent of Atalanta defender Gianluca Mancini, spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport about the future of his client, who has been linked to several clubs throughout Italy including Roma and Inter. These are his words:

Will he remain in Bergamo?
Certainly, 100%. In Italy, for a youngster like Gianluca, there is no better environment to grow-up in. Then there is also Gasperini, who’s a master for defenders.

What will happen in June?
It’s still early to talk about it because he has a long contract with Atalanta, which runs until 2023. What I can say is that between April and May, we will talk with the club to make a decision: renew or transfer, we will choose for everyone’s benefit.

In Serie A, there’s mainly talk about Inter and Roma.
They’re not the only ones interested, there’s also other big teams, both in Italy and abroad.

One of the roles Monchi is looking to reinforce in January is central defender. Calciomercato.it reports that another name the Spanish director has his eyes on is that of Igor, 20 year old Brazilian defender of Red Bull Salzburg who is on loan at Austria Vienna. Fellow Italian side SPAL are also said to be interested in the left-footed defender.

Despite news emerging yesterday that West Ham midfielder Pedro Obiang could be a January option for Roma, Il Tempo journalist Alessandro Austini has reported that this is not the case. The former Sampdoria has interested Roma in the past, but no longer seems to be an objective of the Giallorossi for this month.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:47 am

Roma are said to be again looking to Turkey for €10m-rated Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup.

According to Il Romanista newspaper, the 26-year-old has already given the all-clear for a potential transfer to the Olimpico.

He is eager to play alongside fellow countryman Cengiz Under in the Giallorossi squad.

It’s believed any bid to buy Ozyakup would need to be in the region of €10m to be successful.

As he was born in the Netherlands, he also has an EU passport, and spent some time in the Arsenal youth academy as a teenager.

Victor Wanyama’s agent insists there’s “no possibility of him leaving Tottenham in January, but we’ll see” in future amid Roma links.

There were reports in Italy that the Giallorossi were interested in signing defensive midfielder Wanyama.

The 27-year-old Kenya international is under contract with Spurs until June 2021.

“There is no possibility of Victor leaving Tottenham in January, but we’ll see after that,” agent Ivan Modia Yanez told LaRoma24.it.

“I have not had contact with Monchi regarding this issue.”

Wanyama has struggled with a knee injury of late, making seven competitive appearances for Spurs this season.

German outlet Bild have reported that Julian Weigl will not leave Borussia Dortmund in January. Reportedly, the decision was taken by manager Lucien Favre, who still considers the player a key piece for his side’s title race. Roma, PSG, and Tottenham had all registered interest for Weigl, however, a move away will only be discussed in the summer.

La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira has reported that Roma defender Kostas Manolas, who recently appointed Mino Raiola as his new agent, is drawing interest from Manchester United. The Greek has a €35 million release clause as the English side are even ready to hand the player a contract worth €6 million in wages.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 am

- So CdS has us still after Miranda. A loan with option to buy appears to be the offer, but Inter have slapped a 20m price tag on him. That's far too high for a defender in the twilight of his career.

- Per Sky Italia, Inter have joined the race for Rodrigo De Paul, but Udinese confirm he won't be leaving in January.

- Per TMW, we've entered negotiations with Empoli for DM Ismael Bennacer. This is likely a summer  transfer.

- We're looking to bump up Manolas' salary to 5m per year and remove his ridiculously low 36m release clause in order to fend off Man Utd, who are prepared to pay it, but will likely have to wait until it goes active July 1st. The wrinkle is that Mino Raiola now represents Manolas so this could complicate the proceedings.

- Torino's Soualiho Meite is one of Spurs' top targets, rated at 30m, but we've now join the race for him. Given the price tag, definitely a summer signing if we're really serious about him. Source: GdS

- Sky and Di Marzio reporting that Genk's Ukrainian midfielder Ruslan Malinovskyi has caught our eye as a potential reinforcement this month. He's been in hot form for Genk, but I'm always dubious of Eastern European links during this time. He's rated at 12m so he's affordable, but we have no budget right now so I doubt we'll get him without a loan to buy option. Genk will likely not want to give him up as well.

- Looks like Hector Herrera wants Inter over us. Unfortunate. He's a good player I'd like to see play for us. That said, Inter are balking at his wage demands so even if we still wanted him that's probably gonna put us off too. Source: FC Inter News

- LaRoma24.it reporting that Gerson would be open to returning from his loan at Fiorentina early. Flamengo are also interested in him as well. I personally would love to see him come back and join our midfield rotation. It would cost very little and he's already known quantity in this team.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Bennasser is a good player McLewis. Excellent technique and very all rounded midfielder
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Why in the world is Meite rated at 30m? that sounds like a great way to waste money.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 am

That's the crazy thing, transfermarkt only has him rated at 10m, but Cairo being Cairo is absolutely going to jack up the price just to start a bidding war. I personally haven't even seen this guy play so he's an unknown quantity to me. I'll get a good look at him when we play Torino on the 20th though, hopefully.

@Fennec - Yup, by all accounts I've heard nothing, but good things about Bennacer. Haven't seen him play either. He's another one that will probably go for big bucks (relatively) in the summer. I would not be surprised to see him go for 20m at least if he's still in the form he's in by season's end.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 am

Monchi basically squashing literally every link above Laughing. Gotta love mini-silly season.

Monchi says Roma will never go back in for Malcom, Genoa rate Krzysztof Piatek at €70m and that Daniele Rugani and Hector Herrera are ‘impossible’ to sign.

Malcom infamously turned his back on Roma to join Barcelona last summer, while Piatek, Rugani and Herrera have all been linked with the Giallorossi this season.

Piatek? It would be possible if they didn’t ask for €70m,” continued their sporting director to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“For me he’s a good player, but he plays for Genoa. Tonali’s one of the best youngsters in Italian football, but I could say the same about Barella.

[Gianluca] Mancini? Right now it’s impossible, but in the summer it’s different. Rugani? Impossible, Juventus rejected a €40m bid from Chelsea and we can’t spend so much on a central defender.

“Thiago Mendes? Impossible. Ziyech and Belotti? I like them both. Bennacer? We like him, but we’ll talk about him in June. Dendocker and Ozyakup? Impossible, just like Herrera.

“Malcom? No. When you’re the sporting director of a club, you must understand that you also represent the hearts and feelings of the fans.

“He played Roma and I care about the club’s image.”

Finally, would Monchi take Kylian Mbappe or Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain?

“Mbappe because he’s younger and stronger,” he concluded.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:45 am

And then immediately after Monchi squashed it.

Despite today’s denials that he would be “impossible”, Tuttomercatoweb have reported that Roma are very close to an agreement with out-of-contract midfielder Hector Herrera for June as the Giallorossi appear to have beaten the competition for the services of the Mexican international. Reportedly, Monchi has convinced both the player, who wanted to move to Italy for the next chapter of his career, and his entourage with an important contract offer and critical role in the team of Eusebio Di Francesco.

TMW is a garbage source, but this made me chuckle given his agent then came out and said he's not leaving in January Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 am

Gianluca Di Marzio has reported that tomorrow there will be a meeting between Roma and representatives from Galatasaray to discuss central defender Ozan Kabak. The goal of the Giallorossi is to beat the competition to the young Turk, who is also liked by Inter: the player has a €7.5 million buyout clause, however, manager Faith Terim spoke to the youngster and asked him to stay until June, so Roma could decide to leave him in Turkey until next summer. In tomorrow’s meeting, there will be a clearer picture of the margins of the negotiation and Roma’s will.

On the face of it, this resembles the William Bianda deal, but in reality this is a bit different as Bianda has no top-flight experience. Kabak, despite his tender age, is already a starter at Galatasaray, which is quite impressive. Whereas Bianda is with our Primavera, this kid would likely walk right into our first team.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next