The Official Roma Thread

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: The Official Roma Thread

Post by McLewis on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 am

Today’s edition of Corriere dello Sport reports that the match on Sunday between Roma and Inter at the Stadio Olimpico will be decisive for the future of Giallorossi manager Eusebio Di Francesco. Reportedly, the club hope not to be tasked with having to sack their manager, however, should Roma lose the clash against the Nerazzuri – the possibility of Di Francesco leaving the club will become more than a hypothesis. Should Di Francesco ultimately be sacked, the newspaper reports that Monchi could resign. As for substitutes, the name of Paulo Sousa is one that does not excite or convince Roma’s hierarchy.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 am

(Exclusive – RomaPress): Roma sporting director Monchi has been preparing for the January market for some time. The Spaniard is well-aware of the Giallorossi’s struggles this season and is ready to reinforce the Giallorossi in January. The priority list includes a defender as Ivan Marcano is ready to leave, a midfielder, and perhaps an attacker. One of the names that is being eyed by Monchi is Atletico Mineiro central defender Iago Maidana. Alexandre Gallo, director of the Brazilian side, admitted back in August that the Giallorossi admire the 22 year old, who stands at a whopping 1.96m (6’5″) tall. The agent of the player, Marcelo Robalinho, is working on securing a European passport for his client, though, this would not matter for a potential move to Roma because the Giallorossi still have available non-EU spots. Maidana is ready for Europe and perhaps Roma, however, Ivan Marcano would first have to leave before the youngster potentially arrives.

Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 am

Between results and injuries, Roma have struggled mightily this season. Because of this, sporting director, Monchi, is focused on the January market to try and bring in reinforcements. Given the struggles of Patrik Schick and the injury of Edin Dzeko, one of the names that the Spanish director is pondering is a familiar one: Ben Yedder of Sevilla. The Frenchman has started only 7 league matches this season and could leave the Spanish side in January, according to calciomercato.com.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 am

So Lorenzo Pellegrini is out for the rest of 2018, leaving us without our starting trequartista. I think we revert back to a 4-3-3 unless EDF has an idea of who to play behind Schick.

IMO this is an excellent chance for Nico Zaniolo to step in and get some good minutes in an advanced position. The kid has looked great against Madrid and Inter. Very impressed with him as he's not afraid to get stuck in and does have great skill on the ball to go with good vision, which marks him out as more a mezz'ala than a trequartista so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him used more in a midfield 3 especially given DDR is also out and Nzonzi's our lone pivot in midfield.

The Nainggolan deal was seen as advantage Inter, but with Zaniolo's emergence as well as as Santon's resurgence combined with Nainggolan's injury woes, it's looking like we may have gotten the last laugh here.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Yesterday at 12:05 am

The poor results against lesser opponents continue. Disappointing draw with Cagliari today after we had gone 2-0 up.

I didn't see the game myself so I will watch the replay (gulp) at some point. Part of me isn't surprised at all by this though. We historically don't have the best of record away to this side so struggling to win there isn't all that strange to me.

However, I truly believe this game encapsulates just what's wrong with this team. I firmly believe it's not EDF's tactics and it's not squad choices or even subs. It's all about mentality and a failure to execute by the players we need performances from the most. It also sheds a light on just how bad the injury crisis is. Some are going to say that despite all of this, we should be winning these games, but I challenge that theory as I just don't see any evidence of that. Talent? Sure. That's not enough in this league though. This group lacks the mentality to grind out wins against sides like this. Should EDF get some blame for that? Yeah. Coaches have an ability to instill mentality in their players and at some level, his ideas and influence just isn't taking hold with the players. How much of that is a refusal by the players or an inability is anyone's guess. I just don't think it's enough to fire him at this point yet. We need calm right now, not rash decisions. We always fall into this trap of making seismic changes when we're in a bit of a quagmire. This is not January 2016 under Garcia where there was just no hope in sight. We're not at that point yet. For me, EDF is still the one to lead this team. It's on the players, not him, to respond.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7