Cruijf
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 16 Empty Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:19 am

Nope, it’s a PS4 Pro. I was about 7 hours into the game, but had been playing for less than an hour in one sitting when it occurred. I’m playing the digital version. I could write a book about all of the minor bugs and visual glitches I’ve encountered, but it’s the freezes, time skips, audio glitches and choppy frame rates that bug me the most. It really is a lot worse than I had expected.

This has happened to me a few times, as well. It typically happens when I run through the city and the game can’t seem to keep up with all of the items and rendering that are supposed to occur at the same time.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:15 am

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 16 Get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FEpE3TMkXcAI-eCX

I love when bugs are so funny, that they're actually good.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:04 pm

I thought this was pretty funny:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kc0ok9/truly_nextgen_ai/
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Thimmy got screwed, it's a roll of the dice it seems. So Art, Cyberpunk might not be the most convenient christmas gift for your sister Thumbs up

Couple of bugs tbh, especially while driving, nothing major.

My main "problem" remains the screen size, sometimes it's full, sometimes there is a slight zoom (as in my picture last night) from my researches it seems a common bug, where it gets strange, for me it's on and off hmm

Spoiler:

Not sure if the TV or the game is to blame, whatever, still a great experience so far, last week i was playing Borderlands on PS3.......
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 16 Giphy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Thimmy wrote:Nope, it’s a PS4 Pro. I was about 7 hours into the game, but had been playing for less than an hour in one sitting when it occurred. I’m playing the digital version. I could write a book about all of the minor bugs and visual glitches I’ve encountered, but it’s the freezes, time skips, audio glitches and choppy frame rates that bug me the most. It really is a lot worse than I had expected.

This has happened to me a few times, as well. It typically happens when I run through the city and the game can’t seem to keep up with all of the items and rendering that are supposed to occur at the same time.

Yikes.

Haven't followed much as I never planned to pick this game till some time in march but apparently it's dogshit on last gen whereas it runs fine on next gen and PC?

Edit: Just checked that Sony is offering refunds for the game, just like with Anthem.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:25 am

The game has crashed on me about 10 times now, however many times I’ve played it Laughing

I love the world they’ve created, but it just wasn’t meant to run on last gen consoles. I read that they insisted that the game had to be released in 2020, due to that year being relevant to the lore of the game.

I can only assume they chose to release it before it was completely finished, because bugs and glitches are occuring on PC and next gen consoles as well. I hope they’ve patched most of that shit by the time I get my hands on a PS5.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:00 am

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 16 7tznjdxc14561
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:54 am

To be honest I am baffled at anyone who could not be patient enough to play a game meant for PC (like Witcher) and end up playing on LAST GEN and of course I am pointing out at Thimmy.

I guess I am not one for compromise when I know there is a literal better version of the game but why go for the compromise when you know the game is already broken!!!

I am coming to the conclusion this game is a failure then?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:59 am

You’re certainly right, I should have waited. That said, you do get a free upgrade to the next gen version, so I figured I might as well get it while I know I have the time to play it.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that the game is a failure. I haven’t progressed far into the game yet, largely because I’m worried it’s gradually causing damage to my console with it’s many freezes and general hiccups. What I’ve seen is a very detailed world that the developers clearly put a lot of love into. I suppose it’s what you’d expect from CDPR, and I’d be hard-pressed to call that a failure. If it wasn’t for the game’s many issues, I’d have a hard time putting it down.

It’s a really detailed and expansive world, and just the thought of how the story and world might unfold, makes me excited. But there’s no hiding that it’s incomplete from a technical point of view. I don’t know how much better it runs on PC and next gen consoles, but current gen consoles simply aren’t powerful enough to run the game the way it’s intended.

Warrior seems to have been more fortunate than me in avoiding these technical issues, but I would not recommend for anyone to buy this game on last gen consoles, unless they at the very least manage to patch the issue that makes the game freeze and crash. Not only is this frustrating and detrimental to the experience, but it seems to be taking a toll on my console, itself. For me, that’s as clear a red flag as it gets.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:19 am

It runs fine on my PC but i only played it for 2 hours, finished the first mission, encountered one bug so far in the Lizzie's Bar, an NPC T-posing.

Also the way V lays down in his bed is weird, but that's not a bug, just a development oversight.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:22 pm

I've only just heard anyway that Witcher 3 was built for PC and before I played it (which was in 2018) it was apparently riddled with glitches and this seems no different.

Luckily no one seems to have a problem with the game itself, just the technical issues to which I am sure the coders at CDPR are working overtime to send some miracle patches to fix.

Lesson learned for us I suppose in how much its worth simply waiting.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Yep I played Witcher 3 on PS4 and it was a buggy mess too. Flying horses, people vanishing and reappearing in cities mostly, textures loading at will. Same issues as in Cyberpunk basically. It never crashed completely and shut off for me, though.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:03 pm

fuck CDPR

purposefully work to suppress PS4/X1 advance review copies, sell millions and millions of pre-orders, then put out an apology afterwards like

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 16 Giphy
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Only glitches for me for Witcher when I played it were quests not being completed (2 no more than that) as given my completionism state for that game it was infuriating.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Only glitches for me for Witcher when I played it were quests not being completed (2 no more than that) as given my completionism state for that game it was infuriating.

That’s the only substantial issue I experienced with that game, as well, and I bought it when people were complaining about it’s many bugs.

I suppose it’s true what Warrior mentioned earlier, about these issues being a roll of the dice. I can’t imagine this game running smoothly on any PS4/Xbox One, though. The hardware clearly can’t keep up with the demand.

The game seems to run alright when I’m just following the largely scripted main storyline, but it’s struggling to keep up with the hardware demands of it’s highly detailed, expansive, open world.

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, but in addition to the cities being large and packed with obstacles, flashy advertisements, interactable items, people you can scan and get individual information for, and buildings you can actually enter, you can also traverse over most rooftops I’ve come across - and these typically have people and interactable objects on them as well.

I don’t think I’ve played a PS4 game with this much detail and substance, in addition to providing such a high level of traversable areas. And I suspect there’s a reason for that. It’s too much for the console to handle. I can’t help but wonder if they would have even released the game this year, if 2020 hadn’t supposedly been so relevant to the lore of the source material.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:36 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Nope, it’s a PS4 Pro. I was about 7 hours into the game, but had been playing for less than an hour in one sitting when it occurred. I’m playing the digital version. I could write a book about all of the minor bugs and visual glitches I’ve encountered, but it’s the freezes, time skips, audio glitches and choppy frame rates that bug me the most. It really is a lot worse than I had expected.

Yikes.

Haven't followed much as I never planned to pick this game till some time in march but apparently it's dogshit on last gen whereas it runs fine on next gen and PC?

Edit: Just checked that Sony is offering refunds for the game, just like with Anthem.

I've been reading the PS5, Series X, and PC gaming subreddits and literally everyone is having problems in those consoles too. Not as bad as old gen but still bad.Also I said this before, Witcher 3 was not this bad. I played it at launch and it was very playable but annoying. Not a disaster like this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:58 pm

@Thimmy agree that it is definitely too much for PS4, should have been next gen exclusive.

For what it worth though, it is running prettt smoothly on PS4 for me so far. I would say very minor hiccups, and long loading times are the issues but those are expected. Only after 4 hours of playing yesterday did I start to run into issues in a quest so I put it down. I guess the console was getting hot. Very clearly though, even if its running fine, it shows that the console is at the absolute limit. I've seen that on next gen there is even more going on in the city in terms of people and cars.

Really deep world and many things going on, it feels like there is too much going on in fact to explore in one go.

I hope they just keep building building on this with future games and dlc. No need to reinvent the wheel when they have built this massive set for stories to take place. Any number of games with or without V can be done with this setting.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:56 pm

rincon wrote:@Thimmy agree that it is definitely too much for PS4, should have been next gen exclusive.

For what it worth though, it is running prettt smoothly on PS4 for me so far. I would say very minor hiccups, and long loading times are the issues but those are expected. Only after 4 hours of playing yesterday did I start to run into issues in a quest so I put it down. I guess the console was getting hot. Very clearly though, even if its running fine, it shows that the console is at the absolute limit. I've seen that on next gen there is even more going on in the city in terms of people and cars.

Really deep world and many things going on, it feels like there is too much going on in fact to explore in one go.

I hope they just keep building building on this with future games and dlc. No need to reinvent the wheel when they have built this massive set for stories to take place. Any number of games with or without V can be done with this setting.

The freezes and crashes started occuring once I deviated from the main story and started exploring the content of the open world. The console just can’t seem to keep up when you’re transitioning into new areas too fast. Most of the crashes have occurred when I’ve been sprinting from a crowded market in Chinatown for instance, into another crowded area.

Either the FPS drops massively, or it just crashes completely. Games have crashed on me once or twice before, but when Cyberpunk crashes, it’s a process just to get back to where I can control anything. It really is like the console is having a stroke, or an epileptic seizure Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:10 pm

@Thimmy how far are you in? I think you are a lot further ahead.

I do have the feeling of waiting for PS5 for better graphics and performance but I'm enjoying the game too much at this point.

The end of act 1 is incredibly hype.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Loadings take a while, especially the one after you die, and on hard settings i die quickly and often. Tried to neutralize a bunch of street punks, GTA style, ended up wrecked in 2 seconds Laughing

Unexpected close ombats are very hard. Found a way to beat easily the enemies in gunfights, same as in COD veteran, just span the auto aim and raise a bit for headshots.

Btw which life path you guys choose ? I took street kid as it seemed to be the "default" story
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:32 pm

I'm on hard as well and dying a bunch. The street encounters are surprisingly tough, if you just walk into they insta kill you at first.

Picked Corpo to choose differently than I usually would.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:43 pm

Corpo will be my last playthrough, as final discovery of this universe

Now from Thimmy's experience i'm scared to explore the city and huge bugs start happening scratch
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:49 pm

Reading the descriptions in Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk 2077 - Page 16 E61cd810
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 pm

IGN just updated its review for consoles, 4/10.

Oof that's gonna hurt. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:33 am

The bugs don't bother me all that much, but the crashes....that's a different story. I put roughly 6 hours into it yesterday and it crashed 4 times within that window. If not for frequent save points, I'd still be at the first job.

Frankly, it should've been delayed further months until those issues were fixed. The pressure got to CDPR.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum: