Hapless_Hans
55 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Julen Numptegui Suicide Watch

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Luca wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
Luca wrote:Still, I don't see Lopetegui being blameless in this. Maybe he should've acted with more transparency with the Spanish FA with his intentions to join Real and that he was currently negotiating with them behind the scenes. Obviously, the FA did not appreciate how any of this went down.

While I do agree changing their manager right now is madness for their chances, I do commend them for such a move. I am reminded of Italy with Ventura in his last several months. We were spineless and let him drive us to the lowest point before removing him. This move with Cucklen, is the reverse Ventura. I don't find it an extremely unjust move, just poor timing from everyone in this. Zidane's fault.

Not removing a coach when things have clearly gotten hopeless is no doubt stupid. Just ask France 2008-2010.

That however does not mean that sacking a coach just before a world cup is starting is not moronic.

I agree. It's another extremity but just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Let's sack Lopetegui because he may cause unrest, or may not be focused or may not care, when really it's let's sack him because he pissed us off

However, Spain is still a talented team so I'll wait to see how this plays out

Come on he wouldn't cause unrest. Which man on earth would himself like to throw away two years of his effort especially when the prospects weren't looking all that bad? Even the focus part I don't completely buy. All three parties could have sat together and agreed that what happened is unfortunate but let's act in the best interests of the team. Lopetegui doesn't even get to say Madrid while Spain remains in the world cup. The players would have certainly preferred it that way and they are the ones who matter the most here. What the RFEF has done is taken the situation beyond repair. Until then there was a hope at least.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:21 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Luca wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

Not removing a coach when things have clearly gotten hopeless is no doubt stupid. Just ask France 2008-2010.

That however does not mean that sacking a coach just before a world cup is starting is not moronic.

I agree. It's another extremity but just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Let's sack Lopetegui because he may cause unrest, or may not be focused or may not care, when really it's let's sack him because he pissed us off

Come on he wouldn't cause unrest. Which man on earth would himself like to throw away two years of his effort especially when the prospects weren't looking all that bad? Even the focus part I don't completely buy. All three parties could have sat together and agreed that what happened is unfortunate but let's act in the best interests of the team. Lopetegui doesn't even get to say Madrid while Spain remains in the world cup. The players would have certainly preferred it that way and they are the ones who matter the most here. What the RFEF has done is taken the situation beyond repair. Until then there was a hope at least.

I was just alluding to the Spanish FA's perspective. Essentially they're firing him because of things that may happen as a result of him taking the Real Madrid position. In reality, they're firing him because they're greatly offended that he took the position in the manner and timing which he did

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Because I genuinely live for the banter
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm

This is crazy. It seems its a show of power from both Real Madrid and this Spanish FA president.... all putting Spain's WC chances at risk, which I think is criminal. As soon as Real announced it I thought the timing was strange, two days before the WC and your national manager will be gone, it must affect the team a bit.

And now the Spanish FA makes it worst because he couldnt tolerate his manager being snatched away by Flo decides to fire the day before the WC.

Im just amazed. It goes to show how messy these ppl in power are and just so selfish, unbelievable.

Now Spain will be led by Hierro, for some reason I just dont feel any confidence?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm

Luis Rubiales has only been in his current position for a month, he just wanted to swing his **** around. What an idiot.

I feel for Spanish fans.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Luis Rubiales has only been in his current position for a month, he just wanted to swing his **** around. What an idiot.

I feel for Spanish fans.

Is the **** part "wife"? I've been thinking about a Spanish holiday. This could be the deciding factor... Pls reply asap.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Lmao Art

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Luca wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
Luca wrote:

I was just alluding to the Spanish FA's perspective. Essentially they're firing him because of things that may happen as a result of him taking the Real Madrid position. In reality, they're firing him because they're greatly offended that he took the position in the manner and timing which he did

Exactly. Ego before all else.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Meh. Stupid from Spain FA. The goal here is to win, period. You do that the best you can irregardless of potential drama. Really simple tbh
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:This is crazy. It seems its a show of power from both Real Madrid and this Spanish FA president.... all putting Spain's WC chances at risk, which I think is criminal. As soon as Real announced it I thought the timing was strange, two days before the WC and your national manager will be gone, it must affect the team a bit.

And now the Spanish FA makes it worst because he couldnt tolerate his manager being snatched away by Flo decides to fire the day before the WC.

Im just amazed. It goes to show how messy these ppl in power are and just so selfish, unbelievable.

Now Spain will be led by Hierro, for some reason I just dont feel any confidence?

Yes it's a very sorry story. If I were to rank who to blame from least to most then strangely I would say Lopetegui least of the three. For him it was too big an opportunity to let go of Real Madrid and a national team job post world cup is kind of an anti climax. From Real Madrid's side it's pathetic conduct. Yes hijacking of coaches is nothing new but to do it from your own national side, to do it for a coach who's isn't exactly among the world's elite and all this when you had several other options is just criminal. If they still wanted to do it at least they should have taken the RFEF into confidence right from the start. Worst of all though is the conduct of the RFEF. They have cast aside all thoughts of what's best for the team for the world cup. It's about their own egos or specifically that scoundrel's own ego.

Here are a few links which have more on this. The first one from Guillem Ballague is especially good :-

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/11403473/guillem-balague-why-spain-sacked-julen-lopetegui-before-world-cup

http://www.espn.in/football/club/spain/164/blog/post/3524418/lopetegui-out-hierro-in-as-spain-left-reeling-in-shambolic-world-cup-preparation

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-julen-lopetegui-sacked-spain-squad-real-madrid-fernando-hierro-latest-a8397041.html

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 pm

The people I see here trying to justify this sacking you all sound more ridiculous than the other.

This is a country that sacked his coach beloved by all the players and who had created unity and performances in his job for 2 years. And in front of their biggest objective he is sacked because he took another job after the world cup and did not make them part of that decision... So what?

Be mad at him, berate him in private, but protect your team.

This buffoon Rubiales is a melt, I repeat myself but he is a clown that just dinamited this situation into incredible proportion. His job was to create a bubble around the squad and protect them. What he did, he put fire to everything because of misplaced pride and a willingness to show who is boss.

With a dominant win against Portugal this Madrid thing would have died down right away. If the guy had taken a job at barca or elsewhere I would have said the same. Y'all out here talking about how he signed an extension like it matters, lmao gtfo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Not a coincidence that the large majority of people defending it are Madrid fans tbh.

Madrid acted disgracefully and forced Spain's hands, there's no other possible explanation for normal people without bias.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not a coincidence that the large majority of people defending it are Madrid fans tbh.

Madrid acted disgracefully and forced Spain's hands, there's no other possible explanation for normal people without bias.
is it a surprise that most people arguing for the sacking are juve, bayern, barca fans, fanbase which we have melted in the past 5 years. the anti madridismo is at an all time high around here.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 pm

It has nothing to do with Madrid for me and probably the rest. He could have gone to Juve or Guangzu Evergrande if he wanted. It was still done in a terrible way and forced the hand of the federation.

Its unbelievable how anyone can argue that Lopetegui and Madrid didn't do this in the absolute worse manner.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 pm

i am happy you say that because it has nothing to do with Madrid for me as well.

they did not do it properly, but the way spain melted down is all on Rubiales. At 0 point did Lopetegui lost the players, which is what matters
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Who is replacing him ?

Fast like that i would say Spain NT are imbeciles. I don't know the background of this story and can't understand what was the problem with being hired as Real Madrid coach for a future job. Are Spain NT biased towards Barcelona ?? genuine question
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Such an absurd turn of events, i had money on Spain fml :facepalm:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm

the problem is the new president who ran a campaign to clean up spanish football when he was elected a month ago, was blinded by pride and decided to nuke his country.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i am happy you say that because it has nothing to do with Madrid for me as well.

they did not do it properly, but the way spain melted down is all on Rubiales. At 0 point did Lopetegui lost the players, which is what matters

It has nothing to do with Madrid, as in it doesn't matter to me that it was Madrid or club X. The actions are the same.

What they did has a consequence. Its within total reason that Lopetegui would get fired. Like I said before, I understand trying to let it slide and smile it away, but blaming RFEF and Rubiales for this is absurd. Two entities made a shit move, Madrid and Lopetegui. The rest is an unwanted consequence with a forced hand.

A poster above, forgot which one since I read it earlier, listed the people to blame in order and has Lopetegui as the least to blame. Ridiculous. He is the #1 person to blame without question since he is the one that actually started this mess and did it ALL wrong. Then Madrid. Then RFEF. Anything else is just bias.

Last edited by rincon on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Madrid fans going all anti-Madrid propaganda when Hierro is Numpetgui's replacement

whew

Warrior wrote:Who is replacing him ?

Fast like that i would say Spain NT are imbeciles. I don't know the background of this story and can't understand what was the problem with being hired as Real Madrid coach for a future job. Are Spain NT biased towards Barcelona ?? genuine question

The Spanish FA were just extremely pissed with Lopetegui taking the Real position and announcing it just days before the World Cup, but what they did is made a bad situation, even worse

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Extremely pissed for no reason then.

He signed a contract and the whole locker room is already aware of it, since half the squad plays for Real Madrid... no point in hiding it to the fans. For the fooball aspect, it changes nothing if after the competition Lopetegui joins Real or Juve or Guagzu or stays as Spain coach for eternity hmm

Unless the federation think Lopetegui would stop caring about his World Cup opportunity and only think about Real, which seems highly doubtful anyone in their right mind would do this.

Must be politics as Nick said... what a shame
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm

In any case i feel it will be a great World Cup in terms of banter. This + the mexican orgy is already a good start.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 pm

yup, so far we have had

1) mexican orgy
2) spanish melt
3) griezmann drama
4) Ozil & Gundogan situation with Germany, people asking for them to be kicked off the team
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Sampaoli rape accusations as well

Now we need some controversy involving Brazil's team asap

Last edited by S on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Maybe Neymar's sister will decide to have a birthday party during the tournament
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Ufff

That clears the path for Ingerland to dominate the world cup

Can't wait

Last edited by S on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total