Art Morte
farfan
S
Mr Nick09
55 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

WHO WILL GO THROUGH?

WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina - Page 9 Vote_lcap47%WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina - Page 9 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 14 ]
WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina - Page 9 Vote_lcap53%WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina - Page 9 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 30

WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina - Page 9 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:46 pm

congrats to France for a deserved win

F*** Sampaoli for being incompetent

F*** our players for deciding to pick a fight on the 92nd minute rather than try to equalize

F*** AFA for forcing Martino out (I'm sure we would've at least played like a team rather than 11 individualities under him and finished 1st in the group)

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina - Page 9 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Round of 16 | France vs Argentina

Post by breva Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:10 pm

Cruijf wrote:In what world is Icardi better than Aguero, Higuain, and Dybala? rofl

Dybala plays a different position. So you think Aguero and Higuain, 30 year olds, are better than Icardi. Laughing
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Higuain and Aguero have been awful for the NT but so has Icardi. And at club level yes they are better. There's a reason Icardi is still playing for Inter and Higuain and Aguero play for top-tier clubs.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Turns out to fire Sampaoli we have to pay him 16m

F**** me
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:23 pm

As a footballer, obviously Aguero is more skillful but Icardi should have been on the team. Should even be starting but the powers that be insisted not to pick him. Insisted not play their forwards either. Seriously, I really don't like putting the entire blame on the manager or the FA but both parties got this team so wrong.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:45 pm

If Argentina went out because they couldn't finish chances, then we can speak of Icardi

This was not the case

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:51 pm

they didn't lose because of icardi or the lack of him. this always happens in these types of tournaments, if the coach doesn't bring a player, especially a star player then that player becomes a martyr. and if the team wins without said player that player turns into the "reason why they were not winning before". icardi barely played any qualifiers with them, and if he did, he didn't score nor do anything of note, the coaches, the captains, the squad, knew who they were going with, and whether anyone believes it or not, the groups that matter in the squad signed off on it. icardi could have played and flopped anyway. its the way the cookie crumbles, and this side on paper is good enough ....no, is great enough to have finished first from their group and avoid another heavyweight in the round of 16. icardi call up isn't to blame one bit
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:54 pm

But Icardi is just one of the players you can say they should have used but didn't. Dybala was only on the bench for example and don't @me with this "the system doesn't work with both Dybala and Messi" because if one thing hasn't been working it's the "system" (joke to even call it a system) Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Cruijf wrote:Higuain and Aguero have been awful for the NT but so has Icardi. And at club level yes they are better. There's a reason Icardi is still playing for Inter and Higuain and Aguero play for top-tier clubs.

Icardi got no playing time on the NT. Icardi is a better player and more important for his club. He can carry the team. And remind me, how Champions Leagues have Juventus or Manchester City won, recently, over the past 10 years for example?
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBĂ©ninois Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Aregntina demise is not about Icardi or a psecific individual . I mean Dybala spent the whole tournament on the bench ...

No team spirit, no talent, coach who is clueless...
LeBĂ©ninois
LeBĂ©ninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:20 pm

LeBĂ©ninois wrote:Aregntina demise is not about Icardi or a psecific individual . I mean Dybala spent the whole tournament on the bench ...

No team spirit, no talent, coach who is clueless...

Laughing top 5 squad in the world, easily.
GRude
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Turns out to fire Sampaoli we have to pay him 16m

F**** me
How long does his contract run???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:57 pm

We didn't go out because we didn't call up Icardi... we went out because we have an ideologue coach intent on playing attacking football without having the players for it. Let's not forget that at one point we played a high line back 3 of Mercado - Otamendi - Tagliafico... with absolutely no preparation for that kind of set up.

The bottom line is that Argentina played like 11 strangers, not a team. And while in attack a stranger can create a moment (or moments) of magic as Di Maria, Kun and Messi all did, in defense you need discipline and teamwork. We didn't have this and it showed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:We didn't go out because we didn't call up Icardi... we went out because we have an ideologue coach intent on playing attacking football without having the players for it. Let's not forget that at one point we played a high line back 3 of Mercado - Otamendi - Tagliafico... with absolutely no preparation for that kind of set up.

The bottom line is that Argentina played like 11 strangers, not a team. And while in attack a stranger can create a moment (or moments) of magic as Di Maria, Kun and Messi all did, in defense you need discipline and teamwork. We didn't have this and it showed.

Which is why Argentina's best chance was at the last world cup with the Carlos Bilardo reincarnation Alejandro Sabella. That said I do to some extent appreciate a team for playing on the front foot without having the players to do so especially when some teams having the players are too cowardly. As strong as France was Argentina actually led 2-1 at one point and finished the game 3-4. They dominated the ball most of the times with France content to sit back. Looking at the shambolic state of what happened behind the scenes and that incredible victory against Nigeria I don't think they have done too badly. Messi will probably be criticized as always but he is the only player in the world who could have been man marked all night, had a supposedly bad game and still gotten two assists.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Luca wrote:If Argentina went out because they couldn't finish chances, then we can speak of Icardi

This was not the case

I agree

Aegentina went out just because they were not a squad, not even Messi could do something.
They wasn't capable to get the best from Messi, AFA is a disgrace
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Mbappe was born in France in 1998, we'll know a day that Ronaldo had procreated in France that year sign my words
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Robespierre wrote:Mbappe was born in France in 1998, we'll know a day that Ronaldo had procreated in France that year sign my words
but Mbappe is black Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:49 pm

It's quite possible that Cristiano conceived Mbappe at age 12 on a school trip to France tbh
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:41 am

He meant old Ronaldo, the one that played the same style as Mbappe in his youth.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:49 am

Oh, now it makes more sense. Not my fault though, you gotta specify which Ronaldo you're talking about, the real or the fake one.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:31 am

rincon wrote:He meant old Ronaldo, the one that played the same style as Mbappe in his youth.

Exactly, he reminds me of Ronaldo before the injuries. Same incredible speed, il fenomeno.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:37 am

Myesyats wrote:It's quite possible that Cristiano conceived Mbappe at age 12 on a school trip to France tbh

old Ronaldo , my old Ronaldo (reason because I support Inter ) , that played World Cup in France exactly that year
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:42 am

Myesyats wrote:Oh, now it makes more sense. Not my fault though, you gotta specify which Ronaldo you're talking about, the real or the fake one.

You don't.

Ronaldo = Ronaldo

The other one is Cristiano, Cronaldo, or depending on your persuasion Fakenaldo aka Kommander.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:24 am

Unique wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Mbappe was born in France in 1998, we'll know a day that Ronaldo had procreated in France that year sign my words
but Mbappe is black Laughing

half algerian.

the scenes in paris if another algerian wins the WC for france Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:42 am

Cruijf wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Doc wrote:

I assume you think Argentina could have won it with a different manager?!

I think it's ridiculous to say that Argentina could not have possibly won this game no matter how they set up, and that we should credit Sampaoli for "making it close".
That's a s stupid a thing as I've ever heard tbh.

I didn't say credit to Sampaoli, I said credit to Argentina. Big difference.

The 4-3 scoreline is very deceptive tbh, it makes it look like had Argentina just improved by a little bit they would've been able to snatch it. And yeah they would've improved significantly if Sampaoli wasn't a moron. Benching Perez, playing with a CF, etc. all would have improved Argentina.

The problem is that the notion that a little improvement would have been enough is nonsense. As zigra said the only reason the game was close was because 2 once in a lifetime goals (one brilliant one lucky) and a header after the game was already won.

So yeah, there is no other way Argentina could have set up that would end with them winning.

Another coach with another squad and a coherent style of play that the team understood, with enough preparation? Maybe, but even then that's only because Deschamps is awful. With the cards Argentina had there was nothing else they could have done which would have ended with them winning.

And the reason I say credit to Argentina even if most of it was luck was because a lot of the players did show impressive resolve and overall it was definitely their best performance of the tournament. So yes the players deserve credit even if Samp doesn't.

Sorry for the over the top name calling, @Cruijf
I found myself actually rooting for Argentina Laughing

I just think that it is absurd to say a team with the quality of Argentine, including the basically best attacking player of all time, can't realistically be expected to win against France no matter how the coach sets it up.
On the contrary, this is all about how the coach sets it up. Sampaoli did a terrible, terrible job on the whole. He's not the first to struggle to coach Argentine, but he seems to have proven an especially bad choice given his system approach which surely needs extensive and homogenic training if it is to work at all, as well as a work rate hard to conjure up after a long season.
Add to that bizarre team selection, and this is a self-made exit by Argentine, not some inevitable loss against an almighty opponent. France isn't that great a team.

But the way you elaborate it now, I don't have much disagreement.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:00 pm

No worries about the name calling, I've been there.

I agree Sampaoli was awful, I would just disagree that Argentina has much quality at all.

Like I said, with a better coach who called up a better squad and had enough time to drill a better system into the team they might have had a chance. What I was referring to in the original post was the lineup/tactics. Given the squad Samp took and the preparation the team had I don't think there's any lineup/tactics he could've used that would've won the game for Argentina. The squad he has is just very weak, particularly the defence. That was always gonna be a hindrance for this team.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9