Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 16 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Oh man...As a purist of how a game like Witcher is meant to be played (the few times I really play video games tbh) that irks my compulsive way to a red alert, as snarky as that sounds.

Skellige is frustrating if you explore it too much given its general linearity but it is meant to be barren of sorts to portray a reflective norse mythological structure as its flaw is that there is too much water and not enough ways too reach one way or another but would have been better just passing through the story if not fun enough.

Jumping straight into Blood and Wine takes away from a huge way to transition from TWH to HoS to the more fantasy based B&W cum beautiful swansong to a three game arc.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 16 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Witcher or any open world game is not meant to be binged upon similar to how many binge through Netflix as each episode just loses any meaning in a constant stream of consumption. No I am not presenting myself as an authority to media playing given I am laughably casual but optimising upon how one thing can be enjoyed rather than overkill will always irritate you to any great setting.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's an expansion which was released a year after the game was released, it's designed for people who have finished the game.

I really would avoid it if you can.

I did leave it and returned to Skellige or rather I was made to as most of the side quests there require very high level. I do plan to complete the game first and then start with the both expansion packs.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 16 Jho4yGg

Finished another W3 run. 153 hours, 100% quests, did not touch any question marks.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Manticore armor, i see you're also a connoisseur too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Manticore armor, i see you're also a connoisseur too.

Nah lol i mostly used the Grandmaster Ursine Armor because i have Quen addiction.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:18 am

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 16 Jpg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:40 am

Finished the main game today and as per tradition of getting bad endings in every game, got bad ending for both Geralt and Ciri. Smh.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 am

God I never got the bad ending given my compulsive desire to carve a good if not the best one.

But I did see the Bad-ending on YouTube out of obvious curiosity and cinematically speaking it was the best one and very haunting.

My condolences Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:33 pm

Arquitecto wrote:God I never got the bad ending given my compulsive desire to carve a good if not the best one.

But I did see the Bad-ending on YouTube out of obvious curiosity and cinematically speaking it was the best one and very haunting.

My condolences Laughing

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 16 Jpg

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:41 am

Does anyone know if I can go for the Viper gear in the start or do I have to finish/reach a certain point since its part of a DLC?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:08 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Does anyone know if I can go for the Viper gear in the start or do I have to finish/reach a certain point since its part of a DLC?

All the Viper diagrams and weapons are found in Hearts Of Stone quests. So yeah you have play through the whole DLC to get all of them. Wolven gear is free DLC for the main game which you can use from the start.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:05 am

M99 wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Does anyone know if I can go for the Viper gear in the start or do I have to finish/reach a certain point since its part of a DLC?

All the Viper diagrams and weapons are found in Hearts Of Stone quests. So yeah you have play through the whole DLC to get all of them. Wolven gear is free DLC for the main game which you can use from the start.
M99 wrote:

Ah ok thanks
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 16 6c4dgyals4m41
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 am

Some 80 hours later I beat The Witcher Molenation

Great ending even if the final twist is problematic
Spoiler:
The last chapter is really great, as well as the epilogue. The whole really has so much charm. It's a shame that is so rough and unpolished. A proper remake would be amazing for this game. It reminds me of Final Fantasy XV, all the ingredients and setting for an absolute GOAT game but in the end the potential is not realized. Still great characters, great dialogue (best part of the game imo), fun gameplay and top lore and world building. The story would be the main highlight if some events where more polished and not so rough, somehow it still manages to be very good despite all the bugs.

The way the choices are set up is amazing. The moral complexity of it is really rare in gaming imo, that alone makes it worth playing since it really pulls you into the world.

0 confusions about the sequels being called assassins of kings and the wild hunt Laughing since
W1 Ending spoilers:
Anyway that shit with the ending worked and I bought W2 last night Laughing

Just booting up W2 and the improvements in graphics and aesthetic jump out of the screen. Excellent first impression with the opening of the game.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:11 pm

Have you all played Witcher 2? I know @myesyats and @danyjr at least have.

The jump form 1 to 2 is like clunky PS2-era PC RPG to polished PS3 game. The graphics still look beautiful, the game is very polished, everything is very fluid, and the combat is much better.

I'm surprised by such a big jump in quality in terms of the build of the game, also on the difficulty. I'm playing this on hard and it's really hard and punishing. Feels great though. The combat is the biggest improvement next to the graphics and the polishing of the cut-scenes/story.

Really excellent game so far, loving it. I'm in the middle of act 2 so probably about 60-70% into the game.

As much as I can recommend this game, it would be impossible to understand most of it without playing Witcher 1 or at least having knowledge of the Witcher in general (like playing 3 perhaps). It is 100% a sequel and it assumes you played the first one, which is great imo, no time wasted.

Two things that jump at you after playing the first one in terms of the story is how different the perspectives are.

In the first one there was a very large story in Temeria with the king, the scoiatel, and the order which Geralt kept trying to avoid but kept getting dragged into. The personal story of Geralt was very secondary, it was all about the world itself and how Geralt reacted to it. This meant a GOAT setting and world building, also a very dark atmosphere since it was all about war, terrorism, and racism.

In the second it's definitely now about Geralt himself. There is all the stuff happening in the world still but it's more the backdrop than the focus. Now it's about Geralt's journey while all these wars are going on, instead of being about the wars itself. Very personal character driven story. Very cool to see it being done so differently in a sequel but keeping the quality high.

Also this feels very much like it could be inspired by stuff like Game of Thrones season 2-3. It's basically like a story taking place during A Clash of Kings. There are even a group of bandits that shout Fire and Blood! hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:25 pm

I have not played W2 but seen most of it on youtube. I think it has a much better story than TW3. More of a Geralt's game than Ciri's
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:04 pm

The story so far has been great in W2. The prologue alone is excellent. Act 1 slows down the pacing from the super-fast prologue to the typical "let's do these sidequest in this town!", but still jump starts things towards the end of the act.

Read this spoiler tag @RG or anyone else that doesn't mind getting spoiled of W2. The end of act 1 contains some stuff I've never seen in an RPG like this:
end of act 1 spoiler:
WTF was CDPR thinking when they made this chapter  Shocked Not sure if Witcher or Narcos Laughing Is Witcher 3 like this?

Act 2 is GOAT so far. At the end of act 1 you have to make a key choice and it completely changes the rest of the game so far. Different locations, characters and perspectives.

It does gets very confusing with the game of thrones style politics in the middle of it. Still the setting is too good.

Stationed in a war camp while the armies can't move due to a giant curse that creates an eternal battle between wraiths and dead soldiers around the encampment. All while tensions in the camp bubble up with conspiracies against the king, duels and tournaments, fighting pits, whores, etc.

Meanwhile Geralt just wants to GTFO so he can clear his name by finding the witchers(?) assassins of kings.

Epic setting and super well done.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:44 pm

Witcher 2 is more of a political story where as Witcher 3 is more personal.

It depends what you prefer, i do prefer the story itself more in some ways.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:09 pm

rincon wrote:As much as I can recommend this game, it would be impossible to understand most of it without playing Witcher 1 or at least having knowledge of the Witcher in general (like playing 3 perhaps). It is 100% a sequel and it assumes you played the first one, which is great imo, no time wasted.
You can actually take your final save file from Witcher and import it in Witcher 2, Mass Effects style.

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 16 Witche10

After spending a good 90 hours on both games, unfortunately I was burnt out from the universe by the time I got to Witcher 3, as such I never came close to completing the trilogy.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Yeah I loaded my file.

Witcher 1 itself took me like 70 hours or something to beat 100%. That included a lot of downtime and leaving on while doing other stuff though.

I can tell Witcher 2 is shorter, or at least that I am faster with it. So I guess it will be like 40 hours.

I took like a 2 month break towards the end of 1 though, probably gonna take a break after finishing 2. Unless the quarantine remains for long enough to push me to play it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Yeah Witcher 2 is significantly shorter than both other games but that's probably because there's two seperate paths.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Starting heart of stone today. hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:17 pm

Just finished Blood and Wine. Toussaint easily my favorite of the lands I've been to in W3. Great story as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Boths dlcs are perfect in their own way, Toussaint is perfectly colorful and vibrant and Hearts of Stone is perfectly dark, gothic, grotesque and mysterious. They're great in opposition to each other.

This game was so good I lost interest in gaming pretty much altogether. It's a weird thing.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:34 pm

So glad you enjoyed it McLewis.

B&W was not vintage Witcher in its dark layered theme but was not meant to be either but a swansong to Geralt's trilogy.

And I cannot express how memorable it all was from the culture to atmosphere to the music. All of it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next