Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 15 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Thimmy Wed 04 Dec 2019, 16:33

Arquitecto wrote:Problem I had with Skellige is that it is too much water and not well connected given its relatively linear paths along with the difficulty not balanced but for the atmosphere, aura, score and Celtic-Nordic culture inspiration it offers it is beyond words and as immersive as a gaming environment can be and will go back to it just to trot Roach around its virtual lands.

I second this. The poor connection between the islands and areas was mildly frustrating, and if I’m being nitpicky, I wish they’d added a little more content to Skellige’s relatively large mass of traversable land.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 15 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Myesyats Wed 04 Dec 2019, 16:40

The mountains of Skellige are breathtaking but manouvering around them is a pain in the ass indeed especially after many hours in the lowlands of Velen. During my 2nd playthrough I will say I very much prefer Novigrad and its outskirts where quests, atmosphere and overall vibe was much better.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed 04 Dec 2019, 18:30

Myesyats wrote:The mountains of Skellige are breathtaking but manouvering around them is a pain in the ass indeed especially after many hours in the lowlands of Velen. During my 2nd playthrough I will say I very much prefer Novigrad and its outskirts where quests, atmosphere and overall vibe was much better.

This.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu 05 Dec 2019, 17:58

The "Cave of dreams" quest is legit.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu 05 Dec 2019, 18:08

Bought Witcher 1, found an extensive modding guide to update the graphics and some other stuff. I have to say, the plain graphics are definitely good enough. The game looks as good as I remember, still I'll mod it today and start.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri 06 Dec 2019, 16:37

Woodland beast is most morally conflicting quest till now. Had to keep aside the controller and think before choosing the option.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun 08 Dec 2019, 18:10

Not super impressed with skellige yet tbh.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu 12 Dec 2019, 17:04

"Witcherses thing one say, thing two do, thing three do sometimes" - Trollo

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 12 Dec 2019, 18:18

Lol. I didnt play the english version so its funny to see the english equivalent.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue 17 Dec 2019, 15:31

What is the ideal difficulty leveling Witcher 3? Was playing on story and sword, just climbed up to blood and bones as I was feeling OP. I hope the game doesn't make me go back Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 17 Dec 2019, 18:52

Is that the highest difficulty level? I think I played on the highest difficulty, once I approached the end of the game. It can be brutal sometimes. I still remember the frustration of encountering a higher level griffin in the wild, and they would one-shot me with area of effect attacks that I frustratingly thought I’d dodged successfully. If you encounter those much higher level mobs, either run away or be prepared to do everything perfectly (provided you know their weaknesses and how to survive). Griffins don’t typically let you run away so easily Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue 17 Dec 2019, 19:01

Thimmy wrote:Is that the highest difficulty level? I think I played on the highest difficulty, once I approached the end of the game. It can be brutal sometimes. I still remember the frustration of encountering a higher level griffin in the wild, and they would one-shot me with area of effect attacks that I frustratingly thought I’d dodged successfully. If you encounter those much higher level mobs, either run away or be prepared to do everything perfectly (provided you know their weaknesses and how to survive). Griffins don’t typically let you run away so easily Laughing

Second highest. Death march is the highest. I don't mind the difficulty level as such. On contrary I love me some tough fights. Only problem is that I dread the loading screen lol. Cba etc.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 17 Dec 2019, 19:44

Yeah, I imagine the loading screens will be much shorter on PS5. I’ll definitely pick up The Witcher 3 again at some point.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue 31 Dec 2019, 12:42

How many hours of main quest remain after "the bald mountain" quest?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue 31 Dec 2019, 12:48

Less than two hours, the Final Preparations and Battle Preparations quests are quite long though.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue 31 Dec 2019, 13:47

Ffs. Need to postpone them and go through the side quests first then.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 31 Dec 2019, 13:58

Yea do all the side quests first.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat 11 Jan 2020, 12:49

I am glad I took few days off from the game as I think fatigue was starting to creep in and I would get irritated even for small reasons. Not being a fan of skellige didn't help either. Starting to feel the old rytham again after the break.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun 12 Jan 2020, 18:26

Completed the Undvik armour quest and was suprised to find out that guy whom people around the Witcher universe were considering master craftsman, Mr. Fergus Graemdiola is actually a fraud and his apprentice Yoan Arteta is actually the real deal. She does make some badass armour have to agree.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun 12 Jan 2020, 18:34

I knew Fergus Guardiola was a fraud from the start!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon 13 Jan 2020, 18:06

Went to Toussaint and immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful environment, good music, rich and complex characters and tight writing. Had to leave it though before I would have liked as the majority of side quests require higher levels to complete them. Next plan is to level the fuck up, have OP build and then return to it.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon 13 Jan 2020, 18:14

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Some Skellige chick, it was a side quest.

Iron Maiden i think it was called, i've done it before but didn't think you could actually *bleep* her hmm

Did both today, quest and the chick Proud bitch wanted to fight me lol, the guy who beat Bruxa in a single attempt with no bombs or oil or potions but only good ol' Quen and Feline silver sword. So no surprise she sucked hard on and off field.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 13 Jan 2020, 18:24

Lucifer wrote:Went to Toussaint and immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful environment, good music, rich and complex characters and tight writing. Had to leave it though before I would have liked as the majority of side quests require higher levels to complete them. Next plan is to level the fuck up, have OP build and then return to it.

Wait you went to Touissant before you finished the game lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon 13 Jan 2020, 18:28

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Went to Toussaint and immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful environment, good music, rich and complex characters and tight writing. Had to leave it though before I would have liked as the majority of side quests require higher levels to complete them. Next plan is to level the fuck up, have OP build and then return to it.

Wait you went to Touissant before you finished the game lol?

Yeah. It did spoil the end for me lol. Don't mind though as I needed change badly. Skellige was getting on my nerves.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 13 Jan 2020, 18:30

It's an expansion which was released a year after the game was released, it's designed for people who have finished the game.

I really would avoid it if you can.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 13 Jan 2020, 18:33

Oh man...As a purist of how a game like Witcher is meant to be played (the few times I really play video games tbh) that irks my compulsive way to a red alert, as snarky as that sounds.

Skellige is frustrating if you explore it too much given its general linearity but it is meant to be barren of sorts to portray a reflective norse mythological structure as its flaw is that there is too much water and not enough ways too reach one way or another but would have been better just passing through the story if not fun enough.

Jumping straight into Blood and Wine takes away from a huge way to transition from TWH to HoS to the more fantasy based B&W cum beautiful swansong to a three game arc.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next