Kaladin
Bellabong
Harmonica
25 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:I think i'll give it a proper go when i come back. Right now i really can't get into it. But it might more be about commitment issues idk.

RG on Red Dead 2 hmm

IMO you should give it another go after you're done with Sekiro. I remember you finishing the two Metros, Dishonored and Dishonored 2 after Nioh. Soulsborne game tend to get you in the gaming groove hmm

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I must say this though, i know you're mostly joking but there comes a point where it just gets annoying.

If RG isn't playing it after you're 5th or 6th time you bother him about it what makes you think he'll do it now lol.

Just leave it.

I was trying to annoy him. Didn't predict you would be the first one to react to it Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I think i'll give it a proper go when i come back. Right now i really can't get into it. But it might more be about commitment issues idk.

RG on Red Dead 2 hmm

IMO you should give it another go after you're done with Sekiro. I remember you finishing the two Metros, Dishonored and Dishonored 2 after Nioh. Soulsborne game tend to get you in the gaming groove hmm

I did mate. Started it again like in December when i had time off during christmas. Just had absolutely no motivation while playing it because of how terrible the gameplay is. I mean don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic technical demo. I mean one of the best ever created. And the story seems amazing too but it's just not a fun game to play. When i think about going back to it, i remember how bad the guns mechanics is, how overwhelming the commands are, how difficult it is to read the text, how slow paced the game is. It felt like something was sucking the energy out of me while trying to move a character. In the end I had the option to either watch The Office or play RDR2 and The office won 100% of the time.

Impossible to speed rush it either since the game has no speed to begin with.

But...I will try my best to finish it for the story.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I must say this though, i know you're mostly joking but there comes a point where it just gets annoying.

If RG isn't playing it after you're 5th or 6th time you bother him about it what makes you think he'll do it now lol.

Just leave it.

He does the same with Firenze and You lol

It doesn't bother me because i play what i like and FromSoft happens to make my favourite games.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think the story was all that great. It's the way that the characters are represented that sticks out, not the actual story, in my opinion. I share your complaints regarding the gunplay mechanics. I think Mole was the only guy on here who "didn't mind them", as usual Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Thimmy wrote:

I was trying to annoy him. Didn't predict you would be the first one to react to it Laughing

Well, when you repeat the same 'joke' about 100 times. It will start annoying others too.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Thimmy wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think the story was all that great. It's the way that the characters are represented that sticks out, not the actual story, in my opinion. I share your complaints regarding the gunplay mechanics. I think Mole was the only guy on here who "didn't mind them", as usual Laughing

I will try to find a post i read on reddit where this guy made an essay long list of things wrong with RDR2. He obviously got abused for it since it's blasphemy to say anything against Rockstar.

But GTA5 IMO is infinite times better than RDR2.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:50 pm

Don't recall ever doing it to Firenze, unless it was a reply to one of his usual boasts. He doesn't get upset by it, so it's no fun. Mole, on the other hand... lol
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:51 pm

The gameplay especially the controls were certainly things I had to get used to. After I got used to it, they did not really hinder me much. Maybe its because I played it on hours to end (literally took day off from work), and got accustomed. Would really prefer it to be smoother,

But yeah, the story and characters were something else. I never thought a video game would ever make me feel like that.

Also on the reddit thing, anti RDR posts are among the most upvoted posts on gaming subreddits from what I've experienced lol. The trend is always the same, starts with "Gonna get blasted for this but" and the top reply is "prepare for downvotes"

Reddit sucks in general. Just a cesspool of negativity.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:58 pm

Thimmy wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think the story was all that great. It's the way that the characters are represented that sticks out, not the actual story, in my opinion. I share your complaints regarding the gunplay mechanics. I think Mole was the only guy on here who "didn't mind them", as usual Laughing

Those characters add to the story though, their journey and how they developed is what makes the story.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Yeah, you get used to the controls and mechanics, but that aspect of the game was still a letdown, in my opinion. I noticed the real struggle when I tried to play RDR2 online. It just isn't as smooth and responsive as I had expected it to be, prior to actually playing the game. Somehow, I assumed that R* had learnt their lesson from their other games. RDR2 would've been a great opportunity to improve on it.

As for the story, I thought it was very good, but not so good that I would advise anyone to bore themselves through the game (like, in RG's case), for the sake of experiencing it. I'm sure there are people who disagree with me on this. Then again, I can't relate to the emotional response that you seemed to experience from it. I enjoyed playing RDR2, but I personally enjoyed both Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us more, story-wise. Controversial opinion, but that's naturally a matter of preference. I'll never claim that they're objectively superior.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:03 pm

@m99 Yea i agree about that but the points made were fairly accurate.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Yeah i don't really advise RG go back to it lol, he clearly doesn't like the game from a fundamental gameplay pov.

I can see his complaints too, it just didn't really bother me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 pm

I don't know if you're still here, Arq, but Bioshock Infinite is a game I'd recommend, if you're looking for a quality game that isn't too long. That is, if you don't mind the FPS elements.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Think Arq did play BioShock.

I recommend Nier Automata. The gameplay is nothing special, basic sword hack and slash mainly, but man the storyline is something else. The talk of BioShock Infinite reminded me of it. Also the best soundtrack of this gen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Bioshock Infinite is my favourite of the series and I found its opening 10 mins amongst the greatest openers of any game I've ever played.

Hope to see it remade one day.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:18 pm

I loved Nier: Automata, but man.. the crazy game design alienates a lot of people who play the game and call it a day after the initial ending. The game gets exponentially better after the second play-through when it transitions over to a more extensive and dramatic storyline, and I bet most people won't even bother geting to that point since it means having to play through the same experience twice, with two not so disimilar characters.

You said you were into Japanese culture as well, Arq? You might enjoy Yakuza Zero.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah i don't really advise RG go back to it lol, he clearly doesn't like the game from a fundamental gameplay pov.

Nah i'll go back into it hoping i get used to it to be able to finish it.

However I need to stress this that I am not done with regular gaming because i am burnt out (gonna hate on FF15 here again and say that's the only game which burnt me out like no other) or that i don't find other games good enough etc. I still passionately follow gaming news and look out for new games info and love reading all the posts here when you discuss games. It's literally one of my favourite things to do. But I just don't feel motivated to play games anymore. Maybe it's part of growing up and having other responsibilities (i know it doesn't happen to everyone since there are 60 year old gamers ffs) or maybe it's just that i rather spend most of my free time with my gf. But it's hard to turn on the PS4 and play games. I lose concentration after 30 minutes because it feels like i need to do something else instead.

I still have the motivation to play my favourite games though. Anything from FromSoft and naughty dog and Kojima is day 1 by default

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:23 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Bioshock Infinite is my favourite of the series and I found its opening 10 mins amongst the greatest openers of any game I've ever played.

Hope to see it remade one day.

nah i hope it never ever gets remade.

It's perfect how it is.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Thimmy wrote:I loved Nier: Automata, but man.. the crazy game design alienates a lot of people who play the game and call it a day after the initial ending. The game gets exponentially better after the second play-through when it transitions over to a more extensive and dramatic storyline, and I bet most people won't even bother geting to that point since it means having to play through the same experience twice, with two not so disimilar characters.

You said you were into Japanese culture as well, Arq? You might enjoy Yakuza Zero.

I gave Yakuza 6 demo a try and felt immersed into its authentic Japanese production values and saw it as the closest thing to Shenmue so decided I will begin from 0 given I always prefer to play chronologically, and will give it a go.

@RG, I cannot disagree there.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 pm

This thread is active suddenly, people are online, lets do random discussions hmm

Your top 5 games of the gen.

1. RDR 2
2. Witcher 3
3. God Of War
4. Persona 5
5. Bloodborne
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah i don't really advise RG go back to it lol, he clearly doesn't like the game from a fundamental gameplay pov.

Nah i'll go back into it hoping i get used to it to be able to finish it.

However I need to stress this that I am not done with regular gaming because i am burnt out (gonna hate on FF15 here again and say that's the only game which burnt me out like no other) or that i don't find other games good enough etc. I still passionately follow gaming news and look out for new games info and love reading all the posts here when you discuss games. It's literally one of my favourite things to do. But I just don't feel motivated to play games anymore. Maybe it's part of growing up and having other responsibilities (i know it doesn't happen to everyone since there are 60 year old gamers ffs) or maybe it's just that i rather spend most of my free time with my gf. But it's hard to turn on the PS4 and play games. I lose concentration after 30 minutes because it feels like i need to do something else instead.

I still have the motivation to play my favourite games though. Anything from FromSoft and naughty dog and Kojima is day 1 by default

It's understandable, i have gone through many periods where i've felt like that. Although most of them happened during the PS3 era and now i'm playing more than i did then which is weird as hell.

Out of curiosity will you play Cyberpunk or not sure?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 pm

M99 wrote:This thread is active suddenly, people are online, lets do random discussions hmm

Your top 5 games of the gen.

1. RDR 2
2. Witcher 3
3. God Of War
4. Persona 5
5. Bloodborne

1. Witcher 3
2. God of War
3. RDR2
4. Persona 5
5. Yakuza 0/Horizon Zero Dawn ( i can't decide ffs)

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Yea I will play cyberpunk. Probably a day 1 buy.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 pm

Funny as hell that their isn't a Naughty Dog game in my top 5 btw Laughing ( although their might be 2 in my top 10.)

Although i suspect TLOU2 will change that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:59 pm

I'm sure of RG's top 5, just unsure of the order. Bloodborne, Witcher 3, MGS V, Dark Souls 3 and Nioh. If he counts BioShock this gen, then Infinite over Nioh.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next