Art Morte
El Gunner
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
15 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Really? I haven’t felt it yet. Thoroughly enjoying this season and there’s good storylines going in both conferences.

More so just enjoying the Raptors because of Kawhi and Nick Nurse. It’s changed the look and feel of the team and we’re doing some great things

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:43 pm

Writing my thesis at the moment, so I’ve not felt the season too much. Can first really enjoy it once I turn it in.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:12 pm

Luca wrote:Really? I haven’t felt it yet. Thoroughly enjoying this season and there’s good storylines going in both conferences.

More so just enjoying the Raptors because of Kawhi and Nick Nurse. It’s changed the look and feel of the team and we’re doing some great things

I've really enjoyed the season, too, there are a lot of interesting teams and situations within teams. But looking at the conference tables, I can't help thinking that this is more or less how we'll go into the playoffs, too. Okay, West is still quite interesting - can Denver keep it up, how good exactly are the Warriors and the Rockets, who will grab the last few playoff spots - but East seems done and dusted already; The Bucks and Raptors are the best two, the Pacers, Philly and Boston doing quite well and then a long list of whatever.

If there were ~20 games left that'd be perfect. To think there are ~45 games left feels kinda exhausting.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:12 pm

Filthy Casuals smh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Luca wrote:Really? I haven’t felt it yet. Thoroughly enjoying this season and there’s good storylines going in both conferences.

I've really enjoyed the season, too, there are a lot of interesting teams and situations within teams. But looking at the conference tables, I can't help thinking that this is more or less how we'll go into the playoffs, too. Okay, West is still quite interesting - can Denver keep it up, how good exactly are the Warriors and the Rockets, who will grab the last few playoff spots - but East seems done and dusted already; The Bucks and Raptors are the best two, the Pacers, Philly and Boston doing quite well and then a long list of whatever.

If there were ~20 games left that'd be perfect. To think there are ~45 games left feels kinda exhausting.

The East has been like this for the last decade. Even if the regular season was up and down (which it often wasn’t), you knew LeBron was going to the finals. This season we can enjoy a few teams competing to make it there out of the East.

The West on the other hand, you expect the Warriors in the finals and you can basically safely bet on this idea barring major injury but the other 7 playoff teams and their position is a complete guess. And I love that.

So, in short, you have predictability for the Eastern regular season standings but none for the playoffs really.

In the West, you have no predictability for the regular season standings but a clear playoff favourite.

A nice mix

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Tbf over the last decade there's been barely been any interest in the East outside of LeBron lol.

Chicago before Rose got injured maybe? Indiana became interesting for a brief period because of PGs rise but that started in the playoffs so we really only got 18 months of interest from them.

Rest has been hot trash, so while 5 interesting teams might not seem much it's a damn sight more than what we've been treated to over the last decade.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Pretty much, it was more interesting when it was a young LeBron against Pierce, Garnett and Allen (/Rondo).

Then LeBron joined the Heat and it’s been a one way street to the finals since.

Raptors this season though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Yeah I'm not saying it's this season's fault, 82 games just is too much.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY4zuzkVUbs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:03 am

Hellllll no.

And 5 minutes of research will tell you why.

Best rookie season by a teenager? Now that's something i can possibly get behind.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 am

Considering Wilt went 37ppg and 27 rpg and won the MVP. It's clearly a no. And there's been so many better.

Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown had better rookie seasons according to Boston fans.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 am

I’ve gotten so much hate for saying Luke Walton should be fired for years, not on here but on other fora and irl.

Guy is just awful at coaching. He’s not doing our players any favours. Everyone agrees Lonzo and Ingram needs to improve their shooting and more specifically their free throws. Turns out Luke doesn’t want to hire a shooting coach for the team. And the team doesn’t track free throws in practice. How are we supposed to get better then?

Fucking idiot. Terrible player in his time. Don’t know why he’s so arrogant and stubborn.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 am

Starting to think Boylen might not even last this season, unless the Bulls FO is in a 'whatever' mode. The guy is trying to bring a 'defense before offense & let's slow the game down' approach to the 2019 NBA. We've been held to under 95 points in 9 of our last 14 games. The guy's just clueless.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Random hilariousness from college ball:

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Shocked by some of the takes i've seen from media around OKC recently.

They seem shocked by their level of performance so far, i don't know how you don't see this coming tbh.

They were extremely good last year whenever Melo wasn't there and now they have actually have a bench. It was obvious to me before the season even started that they would be the best challenger in the West to GSW.

Last bit is contentious of course but even then most seem to think they would struggle to get in the playoffs from what i've seen lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:19 pm

The refs were unfair against Paul George yesterday, he receive many light fouls.

The most absurd was a foul for "grabbing the basket" after a FG, then 1 minute later Lakers big guy (Chandler i think ?) did the exact same thing and got away with it. That said it didn't influence the result...

Whenever i watch Thunder they are strong, playing wise both in attack and defence. Westbrook-George-Adams-Grant is comparable to most good teams in the western conf i'd say. My only complaint is they should give more minutes to Schröder, should start as SG instead of #23.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Art Morte wrote:Random hilariousness from college ball:

Should count as 2 successful blocks imo
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Shocked by some of the takes i've seen from media around OKC recently.

They seem shocked by their level of performance so far, i don't know how you don't see this coming tbh.

They were extremely good last year whenever Melo wasn't there and now they have actually have a bench. It was obvious to me before the season even started that they would be the best challenger in the West to GSW.

Last bit is contentious of course but even then most seem to think they would struggle to get in the playoffs from what i've seen lol.

kinda yikes if they're Oakland's biggest competition in the West. Can't shoot for shit
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:02 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Shocked by some of the takes i've seen from media around OKC recently.

kinda yikes if they're San Francisco’s biggest competition in the West. Can't shoot for shit

Let’s see. The injuries are gonna happen and last year’s playoffs showed no one can shoot anyways when the defense is good. Not even GSW
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Was going to say that Adams is one of my favorite centers in the league and then realized that it's actually quite the golden age of centers right now. You could make an all-star team out of centers alone.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:16 pm

It's almost like shooting is only one aspect of the game and doesn't define the strength of a team.

It's quite sad how obsessed people have come with it, kind of similar how people came obsessed with possession football when Barca where dominant.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 pm

Gotta at least have some semblance of good shooting if you wanna compete with the GREAT BLUE and GOLD.

Paul George is fantastic, but we know his slumps come playoff time and when the pressure is on. Besides him, you can't rely on anyone on that team.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Only Toronto and Milwaukee out of the East can trouble Oakland.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm

El Gunner wrote:Gotta at least have some semblance of good shooting if you wanna compete with the GREAT BLUE and GOLD.

Paul George is fantastic, but we know his slumps come playoff time and when the pressure is on. Besides him, you can't rely on anyone on that team.

Calm down. Are you cutting a promo over there?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm

I clearly was mentioning West teams lol.

Obviously Toronto are bigger threats.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 pm

I am calm, I was just saying.
I know, Mole, I was just saying.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next