Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
22 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:55 pm

Yeah, I'm familiar with the game, I've just never actually played it. I was supposed to borrow it from a friend of mine over 15 years ago. Never happened! The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 1f605

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:44 pm

I remember in the ending cutscene of FF7R you see a bunch of guys looking like Cloud but with black hair. It seemed to be preparing for a second part... is this it ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:58 pm

Warrior wrote:I remember in the ending cutscene of FF7R you see a bunch of guys looking like Cloud but with black hair. It seemed to be preparing for a second part... is this it ?

Its hard to know how much to spoil.

Crisis Core is a prequel to FF7 that follows a character called Zack. So there will be a remake/remaster(?) of Crisis Core for all platforms that will come this winter, its the game that sets up the event FF7. Zack is the guy you see with Cloud in that end cutscene of FF7R. That's a flashback.

Then they also showed FF7 Rebirth for PS5, that's just the name of FF7 Remake part 2.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:13 am

Crisis Core is amazing so looking forward to the remake too. It actually feels like a prequel and links so well to the main story. Doesn't feel retcon at all.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCl1Lc2ktpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkGYDD-CE9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2aNzos4qi4
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SdiYbSGIQ
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:53 am

Everything I've heard about FF16 seems to suggest that it's going to be a genuinely good game, and that's something that I haven't expected from any of the FF games in the post PS2 era Laughing

More in-depth combat starting at 18:00. I'm definitely getting this game ffs

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:25 am

Creepy as hell Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 22, 2023 9:03 am

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:51 am

Even @RealGunner has to admit that this footage looks damn promising. Apparently, the game is so big that it's been spread over two discs, similar to the older FF games that came as 4 discs.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:39 am

Thimmy wrote:Even @RealGunner has to admit that this footage looks damn promising. Apparently, the game is so big that it's been spread over two discs, similar to the older FF games that came as 4 discs.

Yea this looks incredible no doubt. Man the scenery, music, characters... No remake gives a bigger nostalgic feeling than ff7.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:47 pm

Thimmy wrote:

I've skipped the last couple of trailers at this point since it's clear it looks great and it's coming in 2 weeks.

The demo is out today and progress carries over to the game, will probably play it tomorrow
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:09 am

FF16 is out next week, are we hyped?

there's a demo out and progress carries to the full game, put about 90 mins into it and I like it so far, demo is story heavy

doesn't look mindblowing visually and movement outside of combat feels a bit odd but its day 1 for me
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:21 am

I already pre-ordered it. I haven't heard anything about this game experiencing development issues, so unlike FF15, I'm expecting this one to be worth my time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:24 pm

My GF pre-ordered the steelbook as a gift. Hyped.

I downloaded the demo yesterday, and I only got to play 30 minutes. Phoenix looked amazing in that opening sequence.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:46 pm

Hearing great things from most reviewers so hopefully it's good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:03 pm

Just played through the demo. Epic and dark sums it up quite well. Don't think I've played another FF game that was this gloomy, but I kind of like it Laughing Combat seems promising, as well. I'm genuinely impressed by this demo.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:45 am

Can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game. 6 hours left until I can play it, and I'm gonna lock myself indoors until I pass out from exhaustion Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:36 am

The demo ending exploded my hype levels, just listened to the Easy Allies review as well.

I won't be able to play until next week Wednesday or Thursday, and not properly until that weekend.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:19 pm

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Img_4610
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Img_4611

The epicness of this game is neverending  Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:18 pm

So I've only played Final Fantasy X in my life, but decided to take the plunge after a truly amazing demo and so many friends who keep telling me to give the series a chance.

This game is amazing, the world, the writing, the characters, the story everything is amazing.

And good lord the combat, when it's all said and done it might be one of my most favourite combat systems ever.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 pm

I'm really, really enjoying this game, myself. Stayed up until 10am just to play it on the day of release ffs. The Final Fantasy series finally seems to be back to the standard that was once expected of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:38 am

@firenze

Thoughts?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:10 am

RealGunner wrote:@firenze

Thoughts?

Mediocre

I actually think I prefer XV over it, which is something I didn't expect

XV had a lot of soul and an absurdly good OST (thoroughly disappointed with 16's) and some solid vibes with the cast

there's some good stuff here....don't get me wrong, if you're a combat fanatic, it's really satisfying...until it isn't, mostly due to enemy placement, gets a bit tedious at times with how long it takes to get through fodder...they usually stick them right before a 30+ min boss fight too, muh poor fingers

I will say that the spectacle of the boss fights are above even modern God of War, some epic stuff

story is fine, don't really care for many of the characters but they aren't bad, best thing the story has going for it is that for a final fantasy game its actually coherent lol. I feel like I got bamboozled by the tone of the demo though at the start but I wont get into that too much due to spoilers. It may be a bit too ambitious too, obviously going for a game of thrones vibe but the cast is so large that it feels like some of the characters and areas don't get quite enough attention to be memorable characters, but just enough that they don't feel like throwaways. There's really nobody here that will crack a best final fantasy protag/ally/villain list though.

side quests have 95% been worthless (I've done them all), with the exception of a few fantastic ones fleshing out some   side characters in your hideout/base

there's also pretty much no point to exploration in the slightest...this is a linear action game, like I said you're feasting if you're a combat guy, it really is satisfying and there are a ton of customization options for the combinations and stuff, combat to me in games has never been a big passion so it's w/e to me

for me right now its a 7/10, I'll be finished in a day or two, as it stands I don't think I'll think about this game ever again when I'm done, at least with 15 I often lament how it could have been a GOAT game but squandered its potential with its terrible dev issues and I still listen to the OST to this day
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:33 am

I largely agree with Firenze's assessment of the game, although I don't think it's mediocre at all, and I wholeheartedly think it's far better than FFXV.

It's greatest strength is the Eikon/summon/GF fights. God of War was exactly what I thought of when I was playing through them, and I do think they put God of War to shame in that regard. Story is alright. Like Firenze says, it's coherent - which feels like something that's been missing in these games for a really long time now. No convoluted, Al-sheeid crap or anything overly complicated.

Firenze sums up the supporting cast pretty well. I wish they'd fleshed out those characters more, and I think the story would've left a much better impression if they had done so, but I imagine they'll add character DLCs for that, similarly to what they did with FFXV's DLCs. Not a huge fan of doing it that way, but it is what it is.

The side quests are mostly a waste of time. I do like the combat in this game, and I'm still experimenting with different combinations of Eikon abilities. All in all, I think it's a good FF game by modern standards, but it does have it's fair share of flaws. I do hope the next game improves on those flaws, because I want more of this and less of what FFXV was. I don't mind the game being linear, but there's still plenty of room to add incentive for exploration within the linear framework. Better sidequests would have also added a lot of value to the game's overall quality. Instead, you have the relatively standard, RPG "hunt board" with tougher enemies that you can seek out and kill for an extra challenge. I enjoyed some of these challenges, but the rewards are pretty awful considering the difficulty required to beat some of them. At least, if you attempt to do so as soon as the most difficult ones become available.

There are a few smaller things in the game that I think were done really well, but they don't compensate for the more substantial shortcomings which prevent the game from reaching the heights that I had hoped it would reach. I wish they had handled the weapon/equipment/upgrade system better. It's very basic, and you unlock better equipment in the store/blacksmith so frequently that I stopped caring at some point. While the boss battles are great, they became a bit like a check list, as opposed to having the game build up gradual tension and excitement as you approach those battles. You find out quite early on which characters possess Eikons, and I expected the battles against those characters to occur much later on, but most of them felt like they appeared a bit out of nowhere. Without any real build up to those battles, it makes it all seem less significant in the grand scheme of things.

FF16's world suffers from a lack of verticality, and that relatively simple detail could've made it feel much more diverse and explorable. If I had to summarize the game's strengths, I think it really shines in isolated sequences, but tends to fall flat outside of those sequences. The boss battles are great, not only due to the sheer epicness on visual display, but the accompanying soundtrack is grandiose and adds tension to what's going on (the Titan battle's music seemed a bit odd and out of place to me). Outside of those parts, the music is much less memorable, and the pacing of the story isn't great, so you're left with a pretty good combat system and a story that never really reaches the climax that I imagine a lot of people expected after playing through the demo. My verdict is probably about 7 or 8/10 as well, but I do think that's better than mediocre. I did enjoy playing this game, and I'm probably more of a combat fanatic than Firenze is. I just wish the game was more exceptional. I do think it's a step in the right direction for the series, and I'm personally a fan of the medieval fantasy setting.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:12 am

Mediocre was probably harsh and unfair but I am slightly disappointed with it, I still think it's a decent game but I wouldn't recommend it to someone not on sale, yeah I do think there's good stuff here they can build on - I'm not quite done yet btw. Will finish tomorrow, I got hit with like 15 sidequests right before the big finale, and I'm pretty pleased with the character arcs for the supporting cast

yeah I mentioned to a friend when discussing the game that the gear system is really meh...you really do upgrade so fast you quit caring and the worst thing is its like..hey I've got a pretty dope  special sword...oh now it's eclipsed by a meh looking generic vendor sword.

heh, I also mentioned how odd and awful sounding the Titan theme was, reminded me of some shit from an early 2000s cartoon

lack of being able to explore any real towns is a bummer too but not too surprising given the series has struggled immensely with this in the HD gaming era, but they really didn't even try here. At least XV had Altissia which was kinda dead but was a real neat moment when you arrive. In 16 we have some beautiful locations (at least in concept art) that we only really get to explore as linear battle maps...usually when its dark (this is another issue I have, the game is mostly drab and dull) and you get like 3 small settlements worth a shit.

Voice acting has been really good, at least in English
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next