Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:27 pm

the stats of players who play for guardiola's teams are always inflated due to the sheer attacking potential of the team.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Goal or assist / 90
Sane: 1.136
Hazard: 0.882

Inflated or not by Pep, he's been incredible. And I am not saying he is better than or equal to in ability as Hazard. I think Hazard is the overall better player. I am saying if we have the money, which it seems like we do, Sane is a good option for the RW. Considering he is 5 years younger, and is the same price as Hazard I would say it is good value.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Just watching games...  Hazard is basically the ENTIRE Chelsea attack.  They had Giroud as the best striker ffs and Kante was at RW.  The other "best" attacking threats were a washed up Pedro and Willian.  I won't even mention Higuain because he was disastrous.

Now compare that to Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, etc...  plus of course Pep. Not to mention I thought Sterling and Aguero were the best two attacking players on City for the season.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Sane wasn't even in the same league as Hazard.  Frankly, very few were.  He was the best player in EPL this season as far as I was concerned in terms of attacking players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:49 pm

They are both attackers, one plays in a much better attack, yes, but I wouldn't say it's apples and oranges. It's not like we are comparing Hazard with a CB. They still play the same position.

I've already said I think Hazard is the better attacker. All I am saying is for the same price and a 5 year difference I would say that is good value and we should go for him if we don't have any other RW options.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:54 pm

i understand vandeez, let's move away from the comparison, the question you are asking is whether Sane at 100 mil is good value for RW?

I dont know how he plays on the right wing though, he is always on the left, that's a bit of a concern. Pepe is about the same agent and shows the same level of quality
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:01 pm

That's the same question I have. I think he has shown enough ability and dynamism to be played about anywhere as an AM. I think it is worth the risk, personally. Left-footed wingers (especially ones who have a decent scoring record) generally have a good track record moving to the RW ala Bale/ Robben.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:41 pm

Personally, I wouldn't mind we just hijack just to piss Bayern off. Like, I would be so happy if we do that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Doc wrote:Personally, I wouldn't mind we just hijack just to piss Bayern off. Like, I would be so happy if we do that.

That's low.

But not as low as Bayern's standards, these days hmm
Honestly, though, that would make me really happy as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Personally, I'd rather get Nbombele and Pogba than Sane.... but i'm biased lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:34 pm

All 3 would be fine for me. Or a combination of 2 outta the 3. It's cool. Shit, 1 would have me happy tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 pm

I'm not comfortable with no change in our starting 3 CMs... like not at all. I want at least 2 replaced.

Casemiro is basically shit for half a season now. He's caught the same disease as the rest of them. But at least he's younger. The other 2 can go or sit on the bench.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Extending Kroos pretty much guarantees only 1 CM will be changed. Sports you know as well as anyone that ZZ likes a 3 man midfield with a CDM, so unless we get Kante we’re going to play Casemiro, that means that last spot will be for one of Pogba, Ndom, or Eriksen.

I highly doubt Ndom is willing to sit the bench.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:19 pm

i dont see Kroos like a guaranteed starter anymore, extended or not, it looks to me like he has accepted to be a squad player for his remaining years in Madrid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:30 pm

At Kroos' age I really doubt he would sign an extension without getting some sort of assurance of playing time. And he doesn't strike me as the type of player to accept the bench.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:39 am

We play 60 games per year he is not going to be on the bench for all of them, but given his age I doubt he expects to be the first name of the team sheet. I think there will be a lot of rotations and Kroos is comfortable with that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:53 am

I know you, Nick and Sports too are assuming the club gets rid of Modric to allow the purchase of Pogba (or Eriksen) and Ndombele. Plus you both seem to say Kroos and Casemiro go to bench or are rotational.

I say that isn’t feasible.

First off I highly doubt if any of Pogba, Eriksen or Ndombele would be coming for anything other than starter status.

Casemiro will only be benched or rotated if Llorente remains with team, which is highly doubtful or Zidane plays with just Ndombele and Pogba.

Kroos won’t except even a rotational roll and certainly not a backup role. Hell, even Hala would step in, if that happened!

There is no indication that Modric will leave. Plus Isco is also balking at leaving. I believe only one of them will leave, but I can see either of them accepting a rotational role (with Ndombele, not with Pogba, and maybe with Eriksen).

The other important factor in all of this is they will more than likely go into season with 6 midfielders. If you count who is staying (Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde plus one of either Modric or Isco), that leaves room for two signings). In other words we haven’t heard anything, nor I know of anyone at Castilla that is coming as a 6th reserve midfielder. My guess is that they sign only one and ask Llorente or Ceballos to stay.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:59 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Marca: Inter are interested in signing Nacho; RM wont stand in his way and will let the player decide if he wants to go.

in the best universe we bring back Hermoso and run with Ramos, varane, Militao and Hermoso... but i know this wont happen

It isn’t out of the realm of possibilities Nick. The interest from Conde / Inter seems to be real, probably will be attractive to Nacho as he is headed to less playing time this season plus I recently read that Atletico are after Hermoso and that Real may have to exercise their option to buy back to stop him from going to cross town rival.

If Nacho does go besides Hermoso, the other options are Llorente and Vallejo. I don’t know if club has any buy back options for Llorente and Vallejo needs to go out on loan and play, if he is ever going to have a career.

By the way, the seleccion is trying to get a new partner for Ramos and the candidates are Hermoso, Llorente and Iñigo Martinez. Note. No Nacho nor Bartra this time!

With the possible exits of both Lucas and Nacho, the club needs to careful of home grown rules. I believe the rule is you have to have 8 regardless of nationality who have been with a spanish club for a minimum of 3 years before age of 21. Can someone confirm?

In any event, the only secure players adhering to this rule are Carvajal, Ramos, Luca and Fede. Then there is Odriozola (Spanish) but there is a possibility of him being replaced with Achraf (academy), although I suspect that won’t be for another year. There also is Brahim (Spanish), but I expect he will get loaned out. If Nacho does leave, he gets replaced by Hermoso (both Spanish and academy), Llorente (both Spanish and academy) or Vallejo - remains (Spanish).

Adding this up, I count 7 in best case scenario, so this could well be a consideration in midfield in the cases of Llorente, Ceballos or Isco remaining! But again, this is only an issue if both Lucas and Nacho depart.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Would be pretty wicked to extend Nacho's contract then sell him unless that was just a rumour.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Are people already forgetting how absolutely and unforgivably shit our midfield was this season...  not one of them is entitled to a single thing imo after that abomination.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Honestly I dont think Kroos would have accepted an extension if he wasn't guaranteed to start. Hes still in his prime years.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:40 pm

A quick update re Seleccion! Granted it was against a minor now. Isco and Asensio were completely different than they were this year. Rapido and direct. More important though was Hermoso and Llorente. Both very solid!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:45 pm

They can be very solid for another club next year
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 D8ekgWFXoAAoHFS

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 D8ekg2MX4AAgvH_

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 D8fCg1ZW4AAm5qF
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:They can be very solid for another club next year

I’m speaking only in the event of your wish, if Nacho leaves! They both are better than Nacho or Vallejo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:54 pm

I meant that for Isco and Asensio
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:Are people already forgetting how absolutely and unforgivably shit our midfield was this season...  not one of them is entitled to a single thing imo after that abomination.

Hey I agree, but what we want, and what we will probably get are 2 different things. No rumors of signing a better CDM than Casemiro, Kroos extended, and no rumors of signing a RW.

If it were me I would sign one of Sane or Pepe (preferring Sane), Ndom and one of Pogba or Eriksen (preferring Pogba). Realistically of those mentioned, the club is probably only going to sign Pogba or Eriksen. Not horrible, but definitely needs work.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next