CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

+14
Zamuro
Magricos
Backspacer
Doc
Sushi Master
Chad
Lord Awesome
Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
BeautifulGame
Adit
Vibe
windkick
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams Empty CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:00 pm

http://www.canchallena.com/1391242-se-viene-una-nueva-copa-america

Basically:

• CONMEBOL & CONCACAF will meet in the coming months to discuss a partnership of sorts
  • CONMEBOL will propose that instead of the current CA format it should be CONMEBOL's 10 + 6 of CONCACAF and have a format similar to the Euro Cup
  • This will not eliminate the Gold Cup, but move it to Olympics' years so they do not clash like this year
  • This means that qualification for the Confederations' Cup will remain the same
  • It is not clear yet how CONCACAF will do elimination for those 6 spots, but it might be through FIFA rankings so as to not plague the teams with new matches (CONCACAF has 40 member nations Shocked ), or it might be through elimination during which the top teams will be introduced in the later stages
  • As a gesture, the 2015 Copa America will be played in Mexico, rather than the corresponding next country in CONMEBOL (Brazil)
What do you guys think?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams Empty Re: CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

Post by windkick Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm always up for more competition. I think it sounds great, I love the part that they will not clash like this year so that USA and Mexico, Costa Rica can send full squads

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams Tumblr_lo9axqlil91qdpexlo1_500
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams Empty Re: CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Well it is called Copa America,not Copa South America...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Excellent move,atleast good bye to U 23 teams.

Have been saying this for ages.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Finally common sense from those.This should have been done long time before
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Concacaf really doesnt need this. conmebol just wants to make more money. (again)
Saying this from mexican perspective. winning copa oro is more important than copa america, since copa oro gets us in confederations cup.

tbh, only thing copa america is good for is sending in our youngsters to get experience lol. (mexican perspective)
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:20 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Well it is called Copa America,not Copa South America...

copa america shud have be strictly south america. my mexico nt really dont need this... well not the starters. and once again really not necessary for concacaf. copa america is to conmebol as copa oro is to concacaf. tis why its unnecessary.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 pm

the gold cup is useless anyway, everybody just waits for usa x mexico, more competition is welcome, and as long as there is no more u23 teams, a unified tournament is a good idea.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Finally,

Iirc I was one of those who was looking forward to this union the most.

Sure, it's an attempt at money from CONMEBOL but at least now we won't be restrained from sending our full squad.

And actually I think we do need this. This won't only benifit Mexico but also the other Concacaf countries. Namely the U.S, Honduras, Costa Rica, and the others.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:35 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:the gold cup is useless anyway, everybody just waits for usa x mexico, more competition is welcome, and as long as there is no more u23 teams, a unified tournament is a good idea.

The reason Conmebol is inviting Concacaf was never about competition. u wud have to be very, very stupid to think that. the reason is for money and money alone. Mexico actually weakens itself going to conmebol but our federation are greedy pricks. it also makes concacaf look bad. We are trying to strengthen concacaf and conmebol isnt helping at all. infact conmebol weakens concacaf participents doing these "invitations". its a problem my country is facing but once again fmf are greedy pricks, they dont care about football, they care only when money is involved...

where are u from nick? curious as i see ur post is rather uninformed...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Finally,

Iirc I was one of those who was looking forward to this union the most.

Sure, it's an attemp at money from CONMEBOL but at least now we won't be restrained from sending our full squad.

And actually I think we do need this. This won't only benifit Mexico but also the other Concacaf countries. Namely the U.S, Honduras, Costa Rica, and the others.

This will not benefit mexico at all. we didnt become strong thanks to conmebol. we became strong under our own merit. why should we strengthen conmebol? we arent part of conmebol we are concacaf ffs. this is a pure attempt at money not competition. its always been like that and i am quite frankly disgusted. remember mexico still dont qualify for confederations cup if they win copa america but not copa oro. copa oro is more important becuz of this. plus, concacaf cannot get stronger so as long as we keep selling ourselves to conmebol.

also for my nt this shit tires my boys when they shud be taking only way my opinion wud change is if conmebol starts attending copa oro, that way they can help strengthen us. but that is unlikely.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:48 pm

CONCACAF will never be a strong region. It's Mexico and an often crappy USA. That's it. It's not like Canada or any of the Caribbean countries are ever going to be good. They should just merge CONMEBOL and CONCACAF... makes the most sense. Then the Copa America becomes a truly great competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:This will not benefit mexico at all. we didnt become strong thanks to conmebol. we became strong under our own merit. why should we strengthen conmebol? we arent part of conmebol we are concacaf ffs. this is a pure attempt at money not competition. its always been like that and i am quite frankly disgusted. remember mexico still dont qualify for confederations cup if they win copa america but not copa oro. copa oro is more important becuz of this. plus, concacaf cannot get stronger so as long as we keep selling ourselves to conmebol.

also for my nt this shit tires my boys when they shud be taking a well deserved break. conmebol have done well to ensure we wont get stronger.

It's true we got this far on our own but now with more competition it won't be just the U.S and Mex anymore.

What I wanna know from what you said though is how this will stregthen Conmebol. Their federations just as greedy & selfish as our own.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:CONCACAF will never be a strong region. It's Mexico and an often crappy USA. That's it. It's not like Canada or any of the Caribbean countries are ever going to be good. They should just merge CONMEBOL and CONCACAF... makes the most sense. Then the Copa America becomes a truly great competition.

maybe they can keep a spot open for an african side or asian side, that's one less concacaf team Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:CONCACAF will never be a strong region. It's Mexico and an often crappy USA. That's it. It's not like Canada or any of the Caribbean countries are ever going to be good. They should just merge CONMEBOL and CONCACAF... makes the most sense. Then the Copa America becomes a truly great competition.

Fully agree with this.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

I agree with Turok
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:This will not benefit mexico at all. we didnt become strong thanks to conmebol. we became strong under our own merit. why should we strengthen conmebol? we arent part of conmebol we are concacaf ffs. this is a pure attempt at money not competition. its always been like that and i am quite frankly disgusted. remember mexico still dont qualify for confederations cup if they win copa america but not copa oro. copa oro is more important becuz of this. plus, concacaf cannot get stronger so as long as we keep selling ourselves to conmebol.

also for my nt this shit tires my boys when they shud be taking a well deserved break. conmebol have done well to ensure we wont get stronger.

It's true we got this far on our own but now with more competition it won't be just the U.S and Mex anymore.

What I wanna know from what you said though is how this will stregthen Conmebol. Their federations just as greedy & selfish as our own.

they tire our boys out (the full team not the youngsters which thankfully didnt happen this year) and most of the money goes to conmebol. it is true that conmebol are even more greedy than fmf but they are smart unlike ours. also remember most of the money comes from mexican broadcasting. conmebol needs us to make a good sum of money. that money cud have gone to ourselves. even though fmf are too greedy to use that money wisely, there wud have been exceptions which cud have led to improvement in our football.

sportsczy for the first time in awhile... very bad post, complete horrid. we need copa oro to qualify for confederations cup. confederations cup far more important for us than copa america. copa america for a concacaf nation is unnecessary, worthless. we unify concacaf and conmebol, concacaf nations wud probably not be able to attend confederations cup and that is bad. Concacaf has the potential to grow but with conmebol interfering with our growth... it annoys me to no end.

all of u punks are only saying this becuz brazil and argentina had shitty copa america campaigns i feel and ye want mexico's full team to make it less of a disappointment. if its that bad go watch copa oro.

Copa oro was better than copa america this year. this im pleased about. shows concacaf is growing even if a little. cant say the same for those "americans", they remain constant and weak.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:06 pm

offtopic. so when will everyone follow mexico's lead?

using spray to dictate exactly where ur not to cross over during a fk is genius.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Turok... Copa Oro is kind of a joke of a competition. You can have the top performing CONCACAF team in the Copa America represent CONCACAF in the Confederation's Cup. What you don't need is a watered down Copa America and a crappy Copa Oro. Combine the two in one tournament (Copa America) and figure out a formula to have both regions represented in the CC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Agree Copa Américas! That would be awesome
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 pm

So Mexico becomes stronger going against the likes of Honduras, Panama, Carribean island #2573, rather than going against Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay... Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:Turok... Copa Oro is kind of a joke of a competition. You can have the top performing CONCACAF team in the Copa America represent CONCACAF in the Confederation's Cup. What you don't need is a watered down Copa America and a crappy Copa Oro. Combine the two in one tournament (Copa America) and figure out a formula to have both regions represented in the CC.

how was copa oro crappy? do u even watch the competition? Honduras is alright, panama is developing, only one who isnt up to scratch and is shit consistently are dem americans.

i prefer concacaf and conmebol to be separate. i want my country to be strong. we didnt become strong becuz of conmebol. through our own merit and that alone, the u17 wc this year proved that. we have no need of conmebol apart from the money even if its little. lol if anything its conmebol that needs us (money again), we dont need them.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:offtopic. so when will everyone follow mexico's lead?

using spray to dictate exactly where ur not to cross over during a fk is genius.

It's true. Very convenient. Noone will dare get off line in Freekicks.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Sushi Master wrote:So Mexico becomes stronger going against the likes of Honduras, Panama, Carribean island #2573, rather than going against Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay... Laughing

Do u follow mexico? no? kindly stfu then. we became strong without facing brazil, argentina, uruguay, etc.
heck i dont recall the last time uruguay defeating mexico's full team. and we beat dungas brazil 3-1 some years ago. currently right now, i can say with confidence we can raep SA finest now with our full team, but that is due to craptastic coaches on brazil, argentine side. uruguay right now? we can beat them, though they will make it very hard for us to pull it off.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:offtopic. so when will everyone follow mexico's lead?

It's true. Very convenient. Noone will dare get off line in Freekicks.

so u know about that huh...? fellow mexican? if so who is ur club?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next