CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

+14
Zamuro
Magricos
Backspacer
Doc
Sushi Master
Chad
Lord Awesome
Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
BeautifulGame
Adit
Vibe
windkick
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams - Page 2 Empty Re: CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:22 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:offtopic. so when will everyone follow mexico's lead?

using spray to dictate exactly where ur not to cross over during a fk is genius.

It's true. Very convenient. Noone will dare get off line in Freekicks.

so u know about that huh...? fellow mexican? if so who is ur club?

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams - Page 2 Empty Re: CONMEBOL considering changing the Copa America format by introducing more CONCACAF teams

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Turok... Copa Oro is kind of a joke of a competition. You can have the top performing CONCACAF team in the Copa America represent CONCACAF in the Confederation's Cup. What you don't need is a watered down Copa America and a crappy Copa Oro. Combine the two in one tournament (Copa America) and figure out a formula to have both regions represented in the CC.

how was copa oro crappy? do u even watch the competition? Honduras is alright, panama is developing, only one who isnt up to scratch and is shit consistently are dem americans.

i prefer concacaf and conmebol to be separate. i want my country to be strong. we didnt become strong becuz of conmebol. through our own merit and that alone, the u17 wc this year proved that. we have no need of conmebol apart from the money even if its little. lol if anything its conmebol that needs us (money again), we dont need them.

How will merging the Americas weaken us?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Turok... Copa Oro is kind of a joke of a competition. You can have the top performing CONCACAF team in the Copa America represent CONCACAF in the Confederation's Cup. What you don't need is a watered down Copa America and a crappy Copa Oro. Combine the two in one tournament (Copa America) and figure out a formula to have both regions represented in the CC.

how was copa oro crappy? do u even watch the competition? Honduras is alright, panama is developing, only one who isnt up to scratch and is shit consistently are dem americans.

i prefer concacaf and conmebol to be separate. i want my country to be strong. we didnt become strong becuz of conmebol. through our own merit and that alone, the u17 wc this year proved that. we have no need of conmebol apart from the money even if its little. lol if anything its conmebol that needs us (money again), we dont need them.

I did watch it actually. There is no drama other than the Mexico/USA matchup. What kind of competition is that? Having a small piece of the bigger pie is better than owning almost a whole small pie. The Euro prepares European teams for the world cup like nothing else. We need a Copa Americas that does that. It would also be HUGE for the advancement of football in the US, which is great for Mexico too. If the USA got a Copa America or a World cup every 8-12 years, the sport would truly develop. You need kids to start dreaming about playing football... Copa Oro does not do that at all. Once popularity goes up for the football, the MLS gets stronger = more US and Mexican players playing in a better league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

How will merging the Americas weaken us?

We are top dog in NA. we merge. We will lose that status. trivial, but wud like to keep that status. Ofc, beating argentina, brazil and co to attain top dog again wud be nice but i feel we arent there... yet. we need to develop more before this can happen. if we had a young Cuauhtémoc Blanco then we wud be ready but that time has passed. plus i feel money will be divided unevenly and we need as much money as we can get to invest in our football (especially since fmf are greedy fraks so we really need as much as we can get as we get so little investment...)
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 am

Wouldn't really matter much to us little nations but it definitely would raise the bigger CONCACAF teams' level. Make it happen....
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

When Australia joined Asian federation it benifited both Australia and Asian teams due to the increase in competition.

Mexico and USA by playing the likes of Brazil Argentina and Uruguay will get far better than playing the likes of Honderes and Canada.

Saying we already decent by playing crappy teams and dont want to get any better by playing better team is an absurd logic.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:So Mexico becomes stronger going against the likes of Honduras, Panama, Carribean island #2573, rather than going against Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay... Laughing

Do u follow mexico? no? kindly stfu then. we became strong without facing brazil, argentina, uruguay, etc.
heck i dont recall the last time uruguay defeating mexico's full team. and we beat dungas brazil 3-1 some years ago. currently right now, i can say with confidence we can raep SA finest now with our full team, but that is due to craptastic coaches on brazil, argentine side. uruguay right now? we can beat them, though they will make it very hard for us to pull it off.
Do I have to follow Mexico to have an opinion? Free frakking forum.

I would not see "Mexico raping SA teams" as you said it, just because the smaller SA teams went far doesn't mean Mexico would. If you think playing the Gold Cup prepares you better than la Copa America for the World Cup, you're deluded. If you became strong "on your own", then you'd become even stronger playing against tougher opposition.

I'd love to see a Mexico-Uruguay, but just by saying "we'd beat them", it does not mean anything. You'd have to see each other on the pitch for that, and an expanded Copa America would do just that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:

We are top dog in NA. we merge. We will lose that status. trivial, but wud like to keep that status. Ofc, beating argentina, brazil and co to attain top dog again wud be nice but i feel we arent there... yet. we need to develop more before this can happen. if we had a young Cuauhtémoc Blanco then we wud be ready but that time has passed. plus i feel money will be divided unevenly and we need as much money as we can get to invest in our football (especially since fmf are greedy fraks so we really need as much as we can get as we get so little investment...)
I like to think the best way for us to get stronger is to send more stars into Europe which, imo, can only be achieved through competitions like this.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:39 am

sportsczy wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

I did watch it actually. There is no drama other than the Mexico/USA matchup. What kind of competition is that? Having a small piece of the bigger pie is better than owning almost a whole small pie. The Euro prepares European teams for the world cup like nothing else. We need a Copa Americas that does that. It would also be HUGE for the advancement of football in the US, which is great for Mexico too. If the USA got a Copa America or a World cup every 8-12 years, the sport would truly develop. You need kids to start dreaming about playing football... Copa Oro does not do that at all. Once popularity goes up for the football, the MLS gets stronger = more US and Mexican players playing in a better league.

another bad post sportsczy. it does work. for us mexicans it does. its not concacaf''s fault the us is so uninterested in football. heck they think the nfl is real football, not to insult american football but nuff said. the culture in us... makes liking real football not feasible. though for some reaosn the women are fantastic, the men are not interested as they rather play baseball, basketball, nfl football... and in mls the way they organised it is bs. no club has a contract with the players its the bloody mls commission that does, and they dont get paid as much as vs other sports in us. if david beckham failed to improve mls then nothing will improve it unless us culture improves. its the culture sportsczy.

heck here some are actually made fun of for playing "soccer" as its not a real sport considered by "dudebro" males. f****** philistines!
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

using spray to dictate exactly where ur not to cross over during a fk is genius.

Almost ignored this. Laughing

I'm actually Mexican/American but, yeah, I support Mex over US.

America's mah team. Thumbs up

Weren't you GrandeInter? I swear you're so similar to him.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:So Mexico becomes stronger going against the likes of Honduras, Panama, Carribean island #2573, rather than going against Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay... Laughing

Do u follow mexico? no? kindly stfu then. we became strong without facing brazil, argentina, uruguay, etc.
heck i dont recall the last time uruguay defeating mexico's full team. and we beat dungas brazil 3-1 some years ago. currently right now, i can say with confidence we can raep SA finest now with our full team, but that is due to craptastic coaches on brazil, argentine side. uruguay right now? we can beat them, though they will make it very hard for us to pull it off.

I would not see "Mexico raping SA teams" as you said it, just because the smaller SA teams went far doesn't mean Mexico would. If you think playing the Gold Cup prepares you better than la Copa America for the World Cup, you're deluded. If you became strong "on your own", then you'd become even stronger playing against tougher opposition.

I'd love to see a Mexico-Uruguay, but just by saying "we'd beat them", it does not mean anything. You'd have to see each other on the pitch for that, and an expanded Copa America would do just that.

u didnt see last copa america did u? we beat uruguay for 3rd place. 3-1. they stood no chance. we also beat brazil 2-0
Copa america 2007
troll harder next time.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 am

Nobody (most fans) dont really care about the money mexico wont be making, we are fans and from a fan standpoint, more compeition in the CA is welcome, altho only Mexico and the USA bring any competition.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:46 am

Lol, Turok, take it easy man.

Sushi's a nice guy.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:47 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Almost ignored this. Laughing

I'm actually Mexican/American but, yeah, I support Mex over US.

America's mah team. Thumbs up

Weren't you GrandeInter? I swear you're so similar to him.

no I am Turok of The TurokZone. Supporter of Real Madrid and the only superior team in all of mexico, las aguilas de Club America since my family is america fans. Cuauhtémoc Blanco remains in my eyes the best mexican to play ever. hugo sanchez cant hold a cup to him.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:47 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Nobody (most fans) dont really care about the money mexico wont be making, we are fans and from a fan standpoint, more compeition in the CA is welcome, altho only Mexico and the USA bring any competition.

And everyone leaves out Costa Rica and Honduras out, for some reason.

Do you guys know what happened when Honduras was invited the last time?

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

u didnt see last copa america did u? we beat uruguay for 3rd place. 3-1. they stood no chance. we also beat brazil 2-0
Copa america 2007
troll harder next time.
That's my whole frakking point. You went with your mens' team and not the horny teenagers Laughing

If you did this every 4 years, you'd see improvement and Mexico can and does have a good team to challenge Copa America. I'm not trying to make Mexico weaker man, I'm trying to make it stronger and so the Americas are better represented in the World Cups.

But if you'd rather be Emperor of the weak CONCACAF rather than King amongst many great CONMEBOL nations... so be it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am

Turok my man, that's why Mexican and US domestic leagues + NTs are so freakin stagnant. All everyone cares for is to protect what they already have... which is really not much. Say all you want, but Mexico is not a world football power. Never has been. Unlikely to ever be given the state of the domestic league. Same goes for the US.

Until there's true fan pan continental support behind football = more marketing interesting = more money = better talent, the domestic leagues will be subpar forever. As passionate as Mexico is about football, the money spent per capita is really low. The league is run awfully too. With subpar domestic leagues, a lot of the NT players are going to be meh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Nobody (most fans) dont really care about the money mexico wont be making, we are fans and from a fan standpoint, more compeition in the CA is welcome, altho only Mexico and the USA bring any competition.

and that is why im hostile, u are entertained at our expense!!!
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 am

[quote="Turok_TTZ"]
Lord Hispano wrote:no I am Turok of The TurokZone. Supporter of Real Madrid and the only superior team in all of mexico, las aguilas de Club America since my family is america fans. Cuauhtémoc Blanco remains in my eyes the best mexican to play ever. hugo sanchez cant hold a cup to him.

Glad to meet you man. Thumbs up

I'm not the only Americanista in this place anymore.

I come from a family of Chivas supporters so I guess I'm the rebel in my family.
Blanco, to me, is also the best player to ever play for our club.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am

sportsczy wrote:Turok my man, that's why Mexican and US domestic leagues + NTs are so freakin stagnant. All everyone cares for is to protect what they already have... which is really not much. Say all you want, but Mexico is not a world football power. Never has been. Unlikely to ever be given the state of the domestic league. Same goes for the US.

Until there's true fan pan continental support behind football = more marketing interesting = more money = better talent, the domestic leagues will be subpar forever. As passionate as Mexico is about football, the money spent per capita is really low. The league is run awfully too. With subpar domestic leagues, a lot of the NT players are going to be meh.

its becuz of our federation damn it!! actually we wud have been a world power had we not faced france in 98. they were the only ones who cud have stopped us and did but we didnt finish well... mexico at peak.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am

Lord Hispano wrote:

And everyone leaves out Costa Rica and Honduras out, for some reason.

Do you guys know what happened when Honduras was invited the last time?

yup we do, i dont think they will create a lot of anticipation. i might not know them well, but i know mexico and usa will draw ratings up
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:57 am

lol at some people knocking the US's alternate interests in sports.

That'd be like me knocking India for liking curry as a traditional dish rather than hotdogs/hamburgers. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong. It's just a difference in tastes.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:58 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:

its becuz of our federation damn it!! actually we wud have been a world power had we not faced france in 98. they were the only ones who cud have stopped us and did but we didnt finish well... mexico at peak.

France? In 98? I don't remember playing against them. Unless you meant Germany?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:01 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

Copa america 2007
troll harder next time.
That's my whole frakking point. You went with your mens' team and not the horny teenagers Laughing

If you did this every 4 years, you'd see improvement and Mexico can and does have a good team to challenge Copa America. I'm not trying to make Mexico weaker man, I'm trying to make it stronger and so the Americas are better represented in the World Cups.

But if you'd rather be Emperor of the weak CONCACAF rather than King amongst many great CONMEBOL nations... so be it.

lol wut kings? brazil is 50/50, argentina only beats us as our coaches never select the right gk against them for some reason(guaranteed loss),and uruguay cant catch a break against us. full team vs everyone this year's copa america, mexico wud win it no question with only uruguay to oppose us (argentina seems much weaker now).
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:03 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

France? In 98? I don't remember playing against them. Unless you meant Germany?

damnit my memory is failing me. got it wrong 86 west germany.

dont recall correctly but my mind recalls when el matador hernandez and co was facing zidane and france... well shit my memory has been failing me recently.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:04 am

Backspacer wrote:lol at some people knocking the US's alternate interests in sports.

That'd be like me knocking India for liking curry as a traditional dish rather than hotdogs/hamburgers. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong. It's just a difference in tastes.

Some people seem rather ignorant imagine knocking New Zealand for preferring Rugby.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next