futbol
Robespierre
Kick
Myesyats
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach Empty Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach Empty Re: Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:23 pm

signed for 2.5 years

ps: Xavi might not want to sign next summer because i hear he has ties with another presidential candidate for Barca (elections summer 2021). So Setien might be around until that summer at least
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach Empty Re: Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:25 pm

Until 2022 after all

oh well, this will be an interesting and entertaining sack watch for sure
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:37 pm

What a wild move.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:44 pm

Not confirmed but

"Setien's contract actually has 3 segments: 6 months + 1 year + 1 year.

It can be cancelled without penalty after each period ends."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:45 am

Well at least he is a manager close to Barca philosophy, curious to see how he performs here.
His Betis liked me except about their defensive phase....

P.s. respect for Pochettino, rumours report he was contacted but still refused , keeping his word.. Sheriff is a man of honour
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:20 am

lol Barca just sacked the guy who is leading the league for 3 years in a row to hire the guy who finished 11th and got booed by Betis fans.

Suarez also injured for 4 months. Barcaforum dream come true, the treble awaits now. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:57 am

futbol wrote:lol Barca just sacked the guy who is leading the league for 3 years in a row to hire the guy who finished 11th and got booed by Betis fans.

Suarez also injured for 4 months. Barcaforum dream come true, the treble awaits now. Laughing

You probably already knew this but for the past 2 and a half years, Valverde never lost to Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico and Real Madrid in La Liga. Not once.

Barcaforum got their wish indeed (:
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:54 am

Messi never lost to anyone, that's the moral of the story
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:09 am

Truth be told, I can't wait for Setienball.

Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach Aiyzwews

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:39 am

Setien literally does not coach defense.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:52 am

OMFG ROFL~!!! I didnt have much hope but would never have thought the board was but THIS DUMB? HAHAHAHAHHAA~!!!

So it seems like Barto wanted to keep Valverde but the rest of the board didnt, and considering the timing as everyone has said already, this shows the rest of the board are even more stupid and Barto LOL! Knowing that you fully realise that we are fuked as a club going forward.

To actually publicly ask for Xavi and then get REJECTED and then hire some ex-Betis coach I take it? When really it would have been better just to keep Valverde until the summer for changes, since the season hasnt been a disaster still. Abidal and these senior members of the clubs needs to gtfo.

I always thought our era will end will the players retiring, but now the management has actually help speed things up which is hard to take as a fan FFS, LOL!

I feel bad for Messi. I just hope he doesnt lose motivation....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 am

The funny part about Barca fans in the Twittersphere and outside this forum is that they are celebrating as if prime tiki-taka Barca are back because Setien plays beautiful football despite taking many L's with Betis and the fans booing him for the results.

I think this is the main issue with Barca fans. They want this team to win championships but do it with style. It's like this: Valverde's accomplishments and title victories do not matter to the majority of Barca fans because the way the team played in those victories and title wins was "not the Barca way," despite his tactics being very effective and producing great results. I see comments like "this team is boring", " I can't watch Barca they dont play like prime Barca", "Valverde is clueless because this team cant play beautiful football." Like who cares? Madrid played crap football for the majority of the previous decade but that didn't stop Madrid from getting the W and setting records in the CL. Zidane's team is not pretty to watch but we win, and that is what matters the most.

In my opinion Setien is not going to do any better but it does not matter, as long as Messi is performing Barcelona will always compete. The rest of the squad are either finished or not good enough to play for a club like Barca.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 am

I celebrate not watching that dull football of VV. I prefer at this point Setien or el Loco. The league was not won (bar the first season of VV) by VV's genius. It was won because La Liga as whole has declined and we had Messi, CR7 left la Liga and ATM imploded.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 am

Many people stopped even watching the games. Thats not enough of a reason because Messi won la liga on his own? We're so dull, unwatchable

Valverde had plenty of transfer windows to request the right players, he didn't. We needed an incentive to instill a new, better mentality and make the right transfer moves.

if we still suck, it's fine, at least they tried and didnt keep repeating "eh i guess its just the way it is now" like futbol is doing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:11 am

futbol wrote:Truth be told, I can't wait for Setienball.

Quique Setien sack watch, soon former new barca coach Aiyzwews

All of a sudden I'm looking forward to the next clasico for the first time in like 5 years.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:18 am

It all depends on the points both teams have up until that point. The Clasico will be sandwiched between CL game and I am sure both teams will have most of their focuses on those games

But can't wait to see Barca rock up with 99% possession and ZZ still come out on top

Setien has far too many enemies in LaLiga. He's criticised nearly every team he has faced for not playing attractive football. Many of these LaLiga teams this season are the opposite of what he believes in. Getafe, Espanyol, Eibar, Bilbao, Alaves, Atleti and Valladolid play really ugly football. Going to be nice to see his pressers after those games
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:29 am

I think Valverde did a good job at Barca.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:17 am

He did a great job at Barcelona and left with a wonderful pay package and a more attractive CV.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:57 am

Perucho21 wrote:The funny part about Barca fans in the Twittersphere and outside this forum is that they are celebrating as if prime tiki-taka Barca are back because Setien plays beautiful football despite taking many L's with Betis and the fans booing him for the results.

I think this is the main issue with Barca fans. They want this team to win championships but do it with style. It's like this: Valverde's accomplishments and title victories do not matter to the majority of Barca fans because the way the team played in those victories and title wins was "not the Barca way," despite his tactics being very effective and producing great results. I see comments like "this team is boring", " I can't watch Barca they dont play like prime Barca", "Valverde is clueless because this team cant play beautiful football." Like who cares? Madrid played crap football for the majority of the previous decade but that didn't stop Madrid from getting the W and setting records in the CL. Zidane's team is not pretty to watch but we win, and that is what matters the most.

In my opinion Setien is not going to do any better but it does not matter, as long as Messi is performing Barcelona will always compete. The rest of the squad are either finished or not good enough to play for a club like Barca.

Our football wasn't anywhere near as horrid. We were always on the front foot or tried to at least. Losing the midfield battle with DeJong-Rakitic-Vidal isn't down to Valverde's tactics.

90 % of Barca boys in the Interwebs did never see Barca before Ronaldinho era so that's their standard and expectation, Barca football from 2005 - 2015, Ronaldinho era followed by prime Pepcelona Barca followed by MSN Barca. That was a blessing to have these players and squads in consecutive eras, not the norm. Prior to Ronaldinho era, only 3 managers won the league in nearly 30 years at Barca. Venables, Cruyff and van Gaal. Yet somehow, after a decade of golden era, being in pole position for 3 leagues in a row is nothing now.

These "fans" will find new hobbies and "lose interest in football" once Messi is retired within only 2 trophyless seasons in a row. At least 50 % of the "fan"base will shrink once it dawns on them that a simple managerial change won't change anything.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Nobody says changing the manager will solve everything but it's the right step that should have been taken 6 months ago.

And of course after a decade this successful the expectations are higher. Why are you acting like that's weird?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:

And of course after a decade this successful the expectations are higher. Why are you acting like that's weird?

It's not that they're high, it's that they're unrealistic. for a lot of so-called fans on Barcaforum, the baseline minimum seems to be a treble or a CL win . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:14 pm

I personally don't really care about trophies, i'd be fine being a City fan these days enjoying great football week in week out even if they dont win CL or the leauge.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:I personally don't really care about trophies, i'd be fine being a City fan these days enjoying great football week in week out even if they dont win CL or the leauge.

I'm going to say this once, I have to admit I completely respect and understand this desire. It's very similar with Bayern, under Kovac it quite simply became near unbearable to watch through a whole game of football by Bayern. I'm used to watching every game of ours, if I possibly can, but under Kovac it became hard to do that.
With Jupp, Pep, Carlo still to a degree, and starting with van Gaal (before van Gaal the record is murky), Bayern fans got served attractive, attacking football with a sense of dominance, technical ability, and purpose, every week, and that is a huge part of what made it so rewarding, not the titles alone.
And it's not only me, as in a clown fan with unrealistic expectations. Rummenigge himself, our CEO, regularly reminded the public and the club that the expectation at Bayern, established since the hiring of van Gaal (it was Rummenigge who, back in 2006 or so, criticized Hitzfeld for his calculated, dull style after all), is to see attractive, attacking, dominant possession football. This has been declared an integral part of the Bayern brand, and this was the main line of criticism coming at Kovac regularly from Rummenigge, not the results.
(which is btw, also why @Casciavit 's claim back then that the Bayern board were striving for a more reactive, underdog approach in CL games was so completely, utterly off the mark, even if his estimation was right that the Kovac hiring was a mistake).
If there was one game that epitomized it, it was Liverpool at home. Neither Rummenigge, nor the players himself, accepted us sitting back at home in a big Euroepean tie, and several players, like Hummels, went on public record about it, like Rummenigge did.

So yes, I can't hate on Barca fans wanting a manager to be sacked because of style and approach, not results. I respect that, and it is right to do so.

Now, I'm still going back to hating if that's ok.
Classless club, delusional, entitles fans.

Also, as an aside, City fans are turning on Pep because they're themselves entitled now lmao.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:54 pm

You can say "rather lose in style than win ugly" only because you support a team that hasn't gone 2 seasons in a row without a major trophy in more than 10 years. Let's not win a single thing for 2 years in a row and you'll ask for Mourinho and a double pivot to secure the defense and "change things up from this past it style".

Also attractive is very subjective. You wouldn't even call it attractive if Barca were to all out attack but concede from stupid counters and long balls all the time and therefore win 0 trophies. Luis Enrique was HOUNDED out after 1 season in which he didn't win La Liga or the CL despite winning the treble and double prior and having an extremely entertaining team with MSN upfront. 2 losses to PSG and Juventus without La Liga and Barca "fans" trashed him.

Pep wouldn't be seen as entertaining either if every season of his went like this current season or his first one in the Premier League.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next