RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Sarri Sack Watch Empty Re: Sarri Sack Watch

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Chelsea is a bad gig at the moment. The club just keeps replacing aging / departing players with slightly worse ones.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:Chelsea is a bad gig at the moment. The club just keeps replacing aging / departing players with slightly worse ones.

...all while expecting their manager to deliver silverware. Gotta love those delusional club owners and presidents.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Too early
Give him players he wants/more quality in certain areas and judge at the end of next season
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:10 am

Sarri is absolutely the most stubborn and rigid manager i have ever seen.

He is literally playing the same formation and players since august. The only change he has made since that time is playing his best player Hazard out of position a role completely not suited to him. Every in game substitutes he makes is adding and subtracting a similar player on the pitch. Regardless if he is down 2 goals or up 2 goals. More issue with the former than the later.

Plays the same underperforming players 90m in and out. I don't think he is going to make it, he is way too rigid.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:51 am

Blue wrote:Sarri is absolutely the most stubborn and rigid manager i have ever seen.

He is literally playing the same formation and players since august. The only change he has made since that time is playing his best player Hazard out of position a role completely not suited to him. Every in game substitutes he makes is adding and subtracting a similar player on the pitch. Regardless if he is down 2 goals or up 2 goals. More issue with the former than the later.

Plays the same underperforming players 90m in and out. I don't think he is going to make it, he is way too rigid.

He doesn't have much to choose from though, Chelsea's depth and rotation options are just bad. Best midfielder you can bring from the bench is Barkley, and he does it. What do you expect him to change, play Drinkwater, Emerson, Zappacosta? He tried with Morata, tried with Giroud, that didn't work too good. The one thing he should do though is play Odoi, he should give him a couple of starts imo and see how that works out.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:53 am

Imo in the first 1-2 months the best football in the PL was played by Chelsea when they were still fresh, but when the festive period came your players just got tired and the poor form started because you play the same 11 every week, you got little to no depth. That's Chelsea main weakness this season, no striker and not enough quality bench players for rotation when others get tired/injured. The depth issue should be solved with Higuain, Paredes, Pulišić and you'll probably bring a couple more options
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 am

BusterLfc wrote:
Blue wrote:Sarri is absolutely the most stubborn and rigid manager i have ever seen.

He doesn't have much to choose from though, Chelsea's depth and rotation options are just bad. Best midfielder you can bring from the bench is Barkley, and he does it. What do you expect him to change, play Drinkwater, Emerson, Zappacosta? He tried with Morata, tried with Giroud, that didn't work too good. The one thing he should do though is play Odoi, he should give him a couple of starts imo and see how that works out.

Alonso and Willian are as poor as any players i have seen at Chelsea and they start game in and game out. There is no doubt Emerson and Hudson Odoi should have gotten a few starts. Players with energy and hunger.

It is really not about options, it is that he is very rigid. He has made no adjustment or experiment since arriving. There is never any adjustment, regardless the situation, who is under performing or over performing it is the same lineup.

He publicly shamed his players for lack of motivation after the game, and i would be shocked if it is not the same lineup against Spurs.

Our great start was due to Eden Hazard, well he has made sure to take that away by playing him out of position.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 am

Blue wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:

Alonso and Willian are as poor as any players i have seen at Chelsea and they start game in and game out. There is no doubt Emerson and Hudson Odoi should have gotten a few starts. Players with energy and hunger.

It is really not about options, it is that he is very rigid. He has made no adjustment or experiment since arriving. There is never any adjustment, regardless the situation, who is under performing or over performing it is the same lineup.

He publicly shamed his players for lack of motivation after the game, and i would be shocked if it is not the same lineup against Spurs.

Our great start was due to Eden Hazard, well he has made sure to take that away by playing him out of position.

Mourinho and Conte also called out your players for no motivation, now Sarri does as well. Is it a coincidence last 3 Chelsea coaches are calling out these players publicly? hmm They looked like they don't give a fuck no hunger, I doubt Sarri instructed them to do what they did in that game
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:37 am

This is what Sarri said after the game: "I’m extremely angry, very angry indeed. This defeat was due to our mentality. I can’t accept it. We had a similar issue against Tottenham in the league. It appears this group of players are extremely difficult to motivate."
Same problem Mourinho and Conte had

And it seems like it needs less and less time for chelsea coaches to lose the dressing room, Mourinho 2,5 years - Conte 1,5 years - Sarri 6 months Laughing

Also Sarri: "These players don't have a ferocity, it's the type of players they are."
"This is a team that's never going to be known for its battling qualities." Laughing

BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:13 am

BusterLfc wrote:This is what Sarri said after the game: "I’m extremely angry, very angry indeed. This defeat was due to our mentality. I can’t accept it. We had a similar issue against Tottenham in the league. It appears this group of players are extremely difficult to motivate."
Same problem Mourinho and Conte had

And it seems like it needs less and less time for chelsea coaches to lose the dressing room, Mourinho 2,5 years - Conte 1,5 years - Sarri 6 months Laughing

Also Sarri: "These players don't have a ferocity, it's the type of players they are."
"This is a team that's never going to be known for its battling qualities." Laughing

We sorely miss Terry and Costa in that respect. Hell even Fabregas had some fight about him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:23 am

Jorginho is an abomination of a player. Kovacic needs to take his place and RLC/Callum should get a start.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:47 am

Kovacic replacing Jorginho is a fifa move. He isn't even good enough in his actual role, let alone at controlling the midfield
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 am

Sarri's not wrong imo.

I thought Chelsea were slow to press and didn't compete in the challenge last night. You could see Sarri turn away in anger and disgust several times during the game. Laughing

His side has gone to Tottenham and Arsenal and have been out-battled in both games. Spurs put Alli on Jorginho and nullified him. Arsenal put Ramsey and Lacazette on Jorginho and nullified him (until they both went off). It's a very obvious flaw that's going to be exposed in the big games.

Half the problem will be solved with transfers. He doesn't have the striker he needs to make the attack work and he'll probably want an upgrade in midfield as well.  Higuain will help but I don't think he'll be amazing.

As for the motivation problem - that's a tough one to solve. It must be difficult for half the squad knowing that even if they try hard they won't get games (thinking of players like Christensen, Emerson, Loftus-Cheek, even Hudson-Odoi although he's playing more recently), while the same team plays every game and wear themselves out.

This is the sort of thing I expected when Sarri started. Their great start defied expectation so a decline like this was always on the cards.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 am

About the midfield though, you say he'll want upgrades, but Jorginho is his son-in-law-type player whom he brought in and always plays, yet he is the weak link IMO.
Barkley is fine, and so is of course Kante (Kovavic is a fraud IMO). I'm starting to share the  view though that Kante looks lost in space, too far ahead. He's not near enough to the zones where the challenges happen he's so good at winning and anticipating.
The team needs to learn how to press better, and that problem of course starts with the forward line. That's where the upgrades need to happen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 am

rincon wrote:Kovacic replacing Jorginho is a fifa move. He isn't even good enough in his actual role, let alone at controlling the midfield

This is what I've always said about Kovacic, fraud player, I wonder if Doc is going to deny me even this time Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:38 am

Kova's issue isn't talent or ability, it's that he is a pussy. He always chooses the easy and safe option.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:05 am

Robespierre wrote:
rincon wrote:Kovacic replacing Jorginho is a fifa move. He isn't even good enough in his actual role, let alone at controlling the midfield

This is what I've always said about Kovacic, fraud player, I wonder if Doc is going to deny me even this time Laughing

Seeing Kovacic move to Madrid was a throwback to when he first joined you guys. Everyone talking about this great potential that's always just on the verge of exploding but will never actually do. Every Serie A watcher learned it after years of seeing him, the he moved to Madrid and the rest of the world saw him for the first time and the cycle started all over.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:11 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The team needs to learn how to press better, and that problem of course starts with the forward line. That's where the upgrades need to happen.

This is the main thing besides the scoring. Kante is played where he is because they need him to press from the top, which he is good at. But a lot of the others dont. Willian and Pedro need to be upgraded on. The LCM as well.

Where Sarri is wrong, imo, is playing Hazard in the middle. The other forwards just aren't good enough and Hazard just ends up being wasted.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:30 am

On the other hand, he's only there half a season and implementing a style that is very different from what the team has been used to for many years.
Defeats vs other very good teams can happen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 am

I'd wait to see how his team performs with Higuain on the side and Hazard back at his preferred position. I think we're going to see a very different side just from that move.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Of course guys like Pedro and Willian are difficult to motivate, they're entering their final few years of their career and have seen how Chelsea have been slowly getting worse. Why would their motivation be high? Chelsea shouldn't be relying on players like these. If Sarri wants players with more hunger, start some of the younger ones. Or tell the guys who run the club that trying to squeeze every last bit of usefulness out of aging players like Pedro, Willian, Giroud and Luiz is bound to lead to poorer results eventually.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next