shinigami99
ChollaVille
forzajuve123
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Khaled
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Sanchez Signs for Barca :D - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Sanchez Signs for Barca :D

Post by messixaviesta Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 12:27

BarcaKizz wrote:
As its been raised, what do you guys think of Jeffren's future.

Reports seem to indicate that the think tank feels similarly. All possibilities seem open at the moment. Jeffren may not leave. Soriano may stay on at the B team and thus be called when needed. We could even buy a forward although that seems unlikely. Personally I would like a poacher type who could work as an impact substitute. Instead of spending money I would prefer using Soriano but since he will not be promoted and considering his age I won't say we should stop him from going if he can get a good offer to move his career to top flight. If that happens we may need to buy a poacher who would not mind being on the bench. Some have suggested Diego Forlan. Today also his name was mentioned in the rumors. If not expensive then it sounds a pretty decent idea. His class is unquestionable as we saw last night once again. Of course Forlan is capable of being much more than a poacher but age is not on his side and he may accept just for the chance to play for a big club before retiring.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Sanchez Signs for Barca :D - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Sanchez Signs for Barca :D

Post by kiranr Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 12:39

What if Kiko does very well with the B team? Pep would have another option as well!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 13:54

messixaviesta wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
As its been raised, what do you guys think of Jeffren's future.

Reports seem to indicate that the think tank feels similarly. All possibilities seem open at the moment. Jeffren may not leave. Soriano may stay on at the B team and thus be called when needed. We could even buy a forward although that seems unlikely. Personally I would like a poacher type who could work as an impact substitute. Instead of spending money I would prefer using Soriano but since he will not be promoted and considering his age I won't say we should stop him from going if he can get a good offer to move his career to top flight. If that happens we may need to buy a poacher who would not mind being on the bench. Some have suggested Diego Forlan. Today also his name was mentioned in the rumors. If not expensive then it sounds a pretty decent idea. His class is unquestionable as we saw last night once again. Of course Forlan is capable of being much more than a poacher but age is not on his side and he may accept just for the chance to play for a big club before retiring.

It eases me the you feel similarly JD. Completely agree that Soriano would be the easiest option. As for Forlan, I think he'd be way too expensive for such a role. Particularly after the Copa America. He'd be too much in transfer fee and would demand really high wages. All this for someone who won't play a big role.

Kiko? Sure, I do think he'll get some chances but if you've seen Kiko before he's a pretty genuine winger. So in short, he's basically just a not as advanced version of Jeffren. I think myself and JD have established that other than Messi as a false 9 our only genuine centre forward is Villa. Of course we've also discussed that Sanchez and Iniesta can play there. However, Afellay isn't a real goal-scorer and neither is Kiko or Jeffren, whereas Soriano is a real striker. We have goals in Pedro, Messi and Villa. We don't know about Sanchez yet, and Afellay is unlikely to ever be a prolific goalscorer. I think the idea is that we want another real goal threat that we can call upon.

Although last year, not everyone performed perfectly, we effectively had a really good set of players in terms of their types:

Messi- The crack.
Pedro & Villa- The two hunters/workers.
Bojan- The great finisher from the bench.
Jeffren- The speedy, skillful player who can shake things up and make the difference.
Afellay- The fast, well-rounded attacking midfielder who can make a difference.

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 14:33

kizz, excellent post. Nice to know that we largely agree.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 18:03

Looks/seems strange with him having the 9.

Should of just withheld giving him a number for the moment and see what comes of Jeffren.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 18:42

Number can be changed untl 1. september, remember Yaya? On official presentation he was #17 but he started season wit #24
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 18:45

He wants the 9 though. Only thing is, we need it for Bojan!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 18:56

So 11 is for Deulofeu Very Happy
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 20:20

The Franchise wrote:Looks/seems strange with him having the 9.

Should of just withheld giving him a number for the moment and see what comes of Jeffren.

I think they wanted to give him a number and make him part of the first team right away.

As cholla says the number can be changed but I think it's very unlikely. He likes this number and we wouldn't want to displease him senselessly. Besides number 9 is reserved for a CF but we will not be taking any CF - at least not one who will be a starter by default. It could be someone like Soriano who still has a miniscule chance of winning promotion but he will gladly take one of the left over numbers. The only CF we have is Villa who no longer plays that role and anyway prefers his own number 7. Hence 9 with now remain with Alexis.

Why did you not want to give him number 9? Is it because you too want to keep it till we get Bojan back like some others here desire? Or is it because you feel by convention it should be given to pure CFs only?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 22:27

I believe the 9 should be given to a CF only tbh. Alexis should be 7 or 11

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 22:35

Fu*k number... Zidane was 5 LOL
I just hope that he will improve his scoring Very Happy

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 23:09

messixaviesta wrote:

I think they wanted to give him a number and make him part of the first team right away.

As cholla says the number can be changed but I think it's very unlikely. He likes this number and we wouldn't want to displease him senselessly. Besides number 9 is reserved for a CF but we will not be taking any CF - at least not one who will be a starter by default. It could be someone like Soriano who still has a miniscule chance of winning promotion but he will gladly take one of the left over numbers. The only CF we have is Villa who no longer plays that role and anyway prefers his own number 7. Hence 9 with now remain with Alexis.

Why did you not want to give him number 9? Is it because you too want to keep it till we get Bojan back like some others here desire? Or is it because you feel by convention it should be given to pure CFs only?

Well its not very important, if Alexi wants 9 then I say give it to him. I am just surprised he wants that number.

When I think of 9's, they nearly always guys who goals dictate their impact, Sanchez isnt like that at all. His stats probably wont impress, its his entire game and the difference he brings in his skillset that impressed.

To me, its not important, I just would of guessed someone like him would prefer 11.

@Cho

Zidane only took 5 because Figo already took 10. To avoid the ego/power struggle war that many stars in one team can cause, Zidane wisely went with a unique take on a number.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 23:24

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

Well its not very important, if Alexi wants 9 then I say give it to him. I am just surprised he wants that number.

When I think of 9's, they nearly always guys who goals dictate their impact, Sanchez isnt like that at all. His stats probably wont impress, its his entire game and the difference he brings in his skillset that impressed.

To me, its not important, I just would of guessed someone like him would prefer 11.

@Cho

Zidane only took 5 because Figo already took 10. To avoid the ego/power struggle war that many stars in one team can cause, Zidane wisely went with a unique take on a number.

Sidwell and Boulahrouz say hello Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 25 Jul 2011 - 23:25

You have a knack of coming up with random players who are total crap lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 6:34

The Franchise wrote:

@Cho

Great explanation dani. BTW you never gave your views on the question that some of us debated about whether Luis Suarez, forget that he was not available, is a better player and would have been a better signing for us than Alexis Sanchez.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 11:17

Sanchez Photo Gallery: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/galeries/futbol/temporada11-12/07/Alexis_de_blaugrana/galeria.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 12:37

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

@Cho

Great explanation dani. BTW you never gave your views on the question that some of us debated about whether Luis Suarez, forget that he was not available, is a better player and would have been a better signing for us than Alexis Sanchez.

I dont know if Saurez is better then Sanchez, I think he might be. But would he be a better signing? I dont think so.

Suarez I remember was talked about before buying Villa, I was backing that idea then, I believed he was the real deal and as it has turned out, he certainly is.

Now, I dont know. He wouldnt give us something too different from Villa/Pedro, I think Sanchez certainly does, he is unique in that way.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 12:56

2 years from now:

# 10 Messi
# 9 Bojan
# 7 Sanchez
# 17 Pedro
# 11 Deulofeu Very Happy Very Happy
# 20 Afellay

Very Happy
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 13:27

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

@Cho

I dont know if Saurez is better then Sanchez, I think he might be. But would he be a better signing? I dont think so.

Suarez I remember was talked about before buying Villa, I was backing that idea then, I believed he was the real deal and as it has turned out, he certainly is.

Now, I dont know. He wouldnt give us something too different from Villa/Pedro, I think Sanchez certainly does, he is unique in that way.

I agree one of the reason's i was happy we were chasing Sanchez from the outset was because he offer's things we currently dont have while fitting the system as well as anyone possibly could.

If Sanchez can improve his finishing then i will consider him the perfect Barca player.

I was just looking at the pic's that Khaled posted, LOL @ Villa Laughing

OFFICIAL: Sanchez Signs for Barca :D - Page 2 2011-07-25_PRESENTACION_ALEXIS_38
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 13:44

OFFICIAL: Sanchez Signs for Barca :D - Page 2 215166_10150718111355442_506050441_19729355_205449_n
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 14:25

The Franchise wrote:

Wonderful reply. Very reassuring. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 14:28

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I agree one of the reason's i was happy we were chasing Sanchez from the outset was because he offer's things we currently dont have while fitting the system as well as anyone possibly could.

Please elaborate what are these specific things. I mean I am not sure how fast he is but cat said not that much. Also he can dribble but so could have some other targets like L.Suarez that we discussed. Hence I would like to know more about this. dani also said he is unique but what makes him unique?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 20:37

Sanchez is quick, rather (though aswell as) fast.

Quick is more important then fast, especially for us as we play in small spaces.

1 V 1 he is a nightmare because of that combination of dribbling and the quickness. He is quicker over short distance then Suarez, you can just tell.

Over long distances, he is faster.

We dont have anyone (nor Suarez) who have this physical ability.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 20:42

The Franchise wrote:Sanchez is quick, rather (though aswell as) fast.

Quick is more important then fast, especially for us as we play in small spaces.

1 V 1 he is a nightmare because of that combination of dribbling and the quickness. He is quicker over short distance then Suarez, you can just tell.

Over long distances, he is faster.

We dont have anyone (nor Suarez) who have this physical ability.

To put it in short he's CR7 but he can dribble in tight spaces and has excellent passing and works hard. ( which naturally makes him nothing like CR7 but they do have similarities in thier direct dribbling style)

Unfortunatly he does'nt score at the rate CR7 doe's and probably never will do Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 20:52

Cristiano's goals come at a cost...his selfishness is unwatchable at times.

Cristiano is only useful when he scores, he is literally a liability when he doesnt.

I wouldnt want that for Sanchez. I would prefer him to be impactful when scoring or not.

I think his ability in small spaces and general ability to play a final ball means he can be that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 21:05

The Franchise wrote:Cristiano's goals come at a cost...his selfishness is unwatchable at times.

Cristiano is only useful when he scores, he is literally a liability when he doesnt.

I wouldnt want that for Sanchez. I would prefer him to be impactful when scoring or not.

I think his ability in small spaces and general ability to play a final ball means he can be that.

Well yes, but you can see what my point was that he is a very quick direct dribbler like him but the good thing is his ability and final pass and great work rate.

Mean's he is like CR7 in some way's but one that would work in Barca system while beasting in that system at the same time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next