Sale of Canteras

3 posters

Go down

Sale of Canteras Empty Sale of Canteras

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:49 pm

I’m curious as to what you think of Perez selling off excess assets.

I believe the club will be selling off excess assets this summer as a way of recouping some of the lost gate revenue for next season.

They have already sold Achraf and Javi Sanchez. There are now offers for Mayoral and Oscar. Today there is an article in Marca about Reguilion possibly being the next Achraf. I can hear the whining, esp. Hala on how can they sell these guys! But let’s face a few facts:

First, the financial impact of empty stadium is real and can potentially have lasting effects.

Most of the assets talked about have little chance of making it with 1st team and at least two of them not considered good enough or appropriate enough to Zidane and his time at Madrid, at this point, is set for a number of years.

And lastly, Perez has stated multiple times now, there will be no purchases this summer.

So unless the asset has a good opportunity to become a regular, they are likely to be sold.

Possible sales are players currently out on loan.
This list is Oscar, Soro, de Frutos, Vallejo, Mayoral, Reguilion and Ceballos.
Excluded loanees, I believe are Lunin, Odegaard and Kubo, plus you can expect Brahim and Reiner to join this list for next season.
Then from first team, it’s James and Mariano and possibly Jovic. i would love for Bale to be on list also, but that won’t happen as Nick has explained so well before.
There may also be a couple of players at Castiila included as well.

There is some doubt about both Mariano and Jovic being sold as no doubt they want a second striker on team for next year plus most here seem to think Odriozola returns to be backup for Dani. But I think the squad players (Lucas and Nacho) fill that role. So bottom line is with a slightly smaller squad, there is enough talent on squad for next year and with a couple of key acquisitions next summer, we can be set for several years.

The collective Reported value of the possible sales could be close to 200M.

Plus there still will be the stadium sponsorship deal! I think we are going to come out of this pandemic in very good shape financially and squad wise.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sale of Canteras Empty Re: Sale of Canteras

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:50 pm

Bale won't be here next season.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Bale is going to live with you at your parents?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Bale is going to live with you at your parents?

He'll obviously be playing the PGA masters at Augusta with what's left of your balls after you're proven wrong about transfers for the umpteenth time.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Someone got offended Laughing nothing wrong with living with your parents, specially when you are young
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:40 pm

I knew my hot take would bait you in lol, it will be fun to see you proven wrong again Nick.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 pm

So who has shotgun on the bed? Bale or your second personality?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:So who has shotgun on the bed? Bale or your second personality?
And there it is ladies and gentlemen. Nick turns pathetically petty yet again over the internet with a fellow madridista over something trivial.

Someone else post something to bring this back on track Laughing

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:28 pm

I should have put in thread title, “serious discussion posts only”
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:46 pm

I don't want tmo to have another meltdown and to have to go to rehab, Bale will feel lonely I'm his basement.

@bill, a bit ambitious to think we will collect 200 millions with the names of the scrubs that you listed Laughing good luck with that. Imagining the club will go a summer without a single signing is difficult. I understand during his interview Perez said there will be no big signings type Mbappe while responding to a direct question, that makes sense.

A better question to me is how much is the club actually losing from match day revenue. That's definitely not where the bulk of our revenues are coming from.

As for Bale and James who still wants to play for Atletico Laughing the club doesn't want to consider a free transfer but they might use the pandemic excuse here to them go. James will find a new club easily, but Bale? Who is going to pay him Madrid level wages? China is definitely out this time, we will see.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I don't want tmo to have another meltdown and to have to go to rehab, Bale will feel lonely I'm his basement.
Bale will feel lonely that you're his basement? I can see you're butthurt in more ways than one. What a melt. Laughing

James and Bale have been cucked by Zidane for years and reportedly are telling him to not include them in recent squad lists to avoid further embarrassment, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds when we need to find ways to stop leaking money. It will be a great laugh if they leave. Great great laugh.

We won't ever recoup our money on Jovic, senseless buy, isn't even given a starting shot against Leganes, I would think we'll give him one more season to see if his value can atleast rise above his current.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I don't want tmo to have another meltdown and to have to go to rehab, Bale will feel lonely I'm his basement.

@bill, a bit ambitious to think we will collect 200 millions with the names of the scrubs that you listed Laughing good luck with that. Imagining the club will go a summer without a single signing is difficult. I understand during his interview Perez said there will be no big signings type Mbappe while responding to a direct question, that makes sense.

A better question to me is how much is the club actually losing from match day revenue. That's definitely not where the bulk of our revenues are coming from.

As for Bale and James who still wants to play for Atletico Laughing the club doesn't want to consider a free transfer but they might use the pandemic excuse here to them go. James will find a new club easily, but Bale? Who is going to pay him Madrid level wages? China is definitely out this time, we will see.

@ Nick, the reported value of the loanees possible sales (included Achraf and Sanchez) was 150M, but of course that is value pre Covid that R. Madrid would ask.

And the reported gate loss is supposed to be 150M. Also Flo did say once that no purchases unless some of the gate revenue could be recouped.  

Bottom line you could be right re a backup for Casemiro.  But I wouldn’t expect much beyond current lineup.

Sooner or later, I would assume James’ agent will have a brain fart! And I agree with you about Bale (and lol about MTO as well).

I do feel that this is the best time to get rid of the excess assets regardless of how much extra income they bring in. The club is also mindful (although none of the current loanees are 22) of new rule re limitation of loans for players 22 or older.

I feel Zidane is not only getting good efforts out of the vets, but also developing the kids well such that with the promising kids (remaining) on loan, this squad only needs a few new signing to be set for several years.

(Can you tell I’m optimistic about the future)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Let me do some quick maths here: we played 6 home games since the restart without fans, and the loss of revenue of those games is 150 million? Lmao. If that's the type of margin we have then we can sign one Mbappe every transfer window. This whole loss of revenue due to no fans is a bunch of bullshit or some oversimplification.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:38 pm

The loss of gate revenue for entire season (next season) is estimated at 150M.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:40 pm

I see so they are talking about next season, now it makes a bit more sense.

In France they are experimenting people back in the stadium, I wonder if la Liga will do the same
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:43 pm

Btw, gate revenue is higher for Madrid than most clubs ( higher price for seats due to demand) plus they have better tv, shirt sales and CL money revenues than most clubs.

I haven’t seen any figures re lost gate revenue for the 6 final games of this season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Re fans back, that will depend on active COVID cases and timing of a viable vaccine. Assumption is no gate revenue for entire season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:30 pm

@MTO, here’s Bale agent about chances of Bale leaving!

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2020/07/20/5f15ce9722601d00588b4576.html

And the other side is Perez buying him out - somewhere between zero and none!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:59 pm

Article in Marca today says no signings despite early exit from CL. Club wants to make 181M on sales. Already have 60M from sales of Arhraf, Javi Sanchez, Dani Gomez and de Frutos. On list are Mayoral, Vallejo Reguilion, James, Mariano. Not yet determined is Ceballos plus they would like Bale, but they say they won’t give him away!

Possibility of Lucas and for now seems like Odriozola stays as backup. I still think it’s more likely a reverse situation for these two.

And finally they say Jovic could be sold for a good offer, but if so, they need to buy a replacement.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down