El Gunner
Kaladin
Myesyats
Arquitecto
BarcaLearning
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What should Barca do next?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What should Barca do next?

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Why was Abidal appointed director of anything lol?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:14 pm

So he could do what Bart told him to do and take the fall if it didn't work out.

And looking at the comments on the articles of his firing, nearly everyone thought he actually did a bad job as opposed to simply being a figurehead.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Not surprised as he was just a left back and then got the job as a director. Feels like it was just to make amends of how disgracefully he was treated when he was ill.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:53 pm

So they sacked Abidal a day after saying hes staying on? What a circus ffs lol... at least we know there might be change for the better now in this position, but u get the feeling its still a mess the way Barto is doing things as usual, just a mess.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Sacked wasn't the right word, Bartomeu claims that it was a personal choice of Abidal to step down.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:32 pm

We will be quite a mess this season imo, and any hopes of trophies should be forgotten, with the focus being on rebuilding and making the team right and know what they are doing again. We have got so many players leaving especially experienced players in midfield going, and Suarez, and looking like getting a few Dutch players who could be promising, but nothing to really get too excited about.

Myseyats has listed the possible 4-2-3-1 Koeman prefers to use with the players that could be in each position. It could work but we have traditionally been 4-3-3 and the 4-4-2 often these past few years which always felt was just a make shift temporary fix. No matter what the issue with our right hand side will remain, so it will be interesting if Koeman will figure a way to solve it.

A key point to consider I think is from Koeman's POV, he knows the president will be gone soon, and so for himself he will need to get the team to perform and results well enough in order to keep his job come the next president? Otherwise it would really be just a waste of time for him and everyone else. So knowing that there wont be too much time for him to find his right mix to get there. Difficult job indeed lol.

Im imagining a couple months of trial and adjustments ahead at most, and by X'mas we need to be not too far off the pace, and especially come March we would need to be looking like a team in a proper state or going in the right direction. So the youngsters and new players wont have that many opportunities and patience given to them, they need to take them whenever arise.

Team wise from the below, I would think the best team to look something like:

Fati Griezmann Depay? Braithwaite Dembele Messi Trincao(no idea about him yet)

De Jong Pjanic Wxxxxxxxx? Busquets Roberto Puig

Dembele/Fati - Griezmann/Depay - Messi

De Jong - Pjanic - Wxxxxxxxx

Alba - Lenglet - Pique - Semedo

Ter Stegen

I dont see Dembele fitting in anywhere but the LW, unless Messi plays in the false 9, but meaning no striker and Griezmann at LW which wont work.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:52 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:We will be quite a mess this season imo, and any hopes of trophies should be forgotten, with the focus being on rebuilding and making the team right and know what they are doing again. We have got so many players leaving especially experienced players in midfield going, and Suarez, and looking like getting a few Dutch players who could be promising, but nothing to really get too excited about.

Myseyats has listed the possible 4-2-3-1 Koeman prefers to use with the players that could be in each position. It could work but we have traditionally been 4-3-3 and the 4-4-2 often these past few years which always felt was just a make shift temporary fix. No matter what the issue with our right hand side will remain, so it will be interesting if Koeman will figure a way to solve it.

A key point to consider I think is from Koeman's POV, he knows the president will be gone soon, and so for himself he will need to get the team to perform and results well enough in order to keep his job come the next president? Otherwise it would really be just a waste of time for him and everyone else. So knowing that there wont be too much time for him to find his right mix to get there. Difficult job indeed lol.

Im imagining a couple months of trial and adjustments ahead at most, and by X'mas we need to be not too far off the pace, and especially come March we would need to be looking like a team in a proper state or going in the right direction. So the youngsters and new players wont have that many opportunities and patience given to them, they need to take them whenever arise.

Team wise from the below, I would think the best team to look something like:

Fati Griezmann Depay? Braithwaite Dembele Messi Trincao(no idea about him yet)

De Jong Pjanic Wxxxxxxxx? Busquets Roberto Puig

Dembele/Fati - Griezmann/Depay - Messi

De Jong - Pjanic - Wxxxxxxxx

Alba - Lenglet - Pique - Semedo

Ter Stegen

I dont see Dembele fitting in anywhere but the LW, unless Messi plays in the false 9, but meaning no striker and Griezmann at LW which wont work.

@BarcaLearning, I think your analysis is missing several items;

1. Where is Fart going to get money for the two signings you have listed?

2. You are missing one of your infamous 100M+ signings.

3. You are underestimating both Fart and Koeman being lame ducks for most of season. That undoubtedly will lead to issues in dressing room and on field.

4. Rather than it be a rebuild year, it will likely be a struggle to avoid relegation zone!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Yea I dont know if we will get Wxxxxxx and Depay, Im just going by what news we get that look likely or not. If we dont, we are even more screwed obviously lol. Coutinho has been so poor and in effective I basically dont consider him in my thoughts in the team tbh. I just dont see a role for him suitable?

Koeman I think we still would need to see a while b4 judging, he hasnt even started a game yet.

Results wise, I wouldnt complain if we ended 4th or something as long as we show that we are going in a right direction in terms of getting our style or a proper motivated team going tbh. It is a rebuilding year, although to say struggle to avoid relegation is quite far fetched.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:51 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Yea I dont know if we will get Wxxxxxx and Depay, Im just going by what news we get that look likely or not. If we dont, we are even more screwed obviously lol. Coutinho has been so poor and in effective I basically dont consider him in my thoughts in the team tbh. I just dont see a role for him suitable?

Koeman I think we still would need to see a while b4 judging, he hasnt even started a game yet.

Results wise, I wouldnt complain if we ended 4th or something as long as we show that we are going in a right direction in terms of getting our style or a proper motivated team going tbh. It is a rebuilding year, although to say struggle to avoid relegation is quite far fetched.

Lol, are you trying to say Koeman will be around long enough to have any influence whatsoever in any rebuilding? He going to have his hands full trying to deal with Messi!

And I’m sure Coutinho must have looked extremely bad in that 8-2 thrashing.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Just read Thomas at Atletico is having some trouble with a new deal, no sure true or not. But I really think he is a kind of player we need in midfield, someone strong physically, defensive, but also good enough to maintain the ball, etc.

Also strange though Koeman seems not mentioning he wants to get a midfielder in. We are so short in that area.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:10 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Just read Thomas at Atletico is having some trouble with a new deal, no sure true or not. But I really think he is a kind of player we need in midfield, someone strong physically, defensive, but also good enough to maintain the ball, etc.

Also strange though Koeman seems not mentioning he wants to get a midfielder in. We are so short in that area.
I don't think you're short in midfielders. You have Busquets, Pjanić, de Jong, Roberto, Aleñá, Rafinha, Puig and possibly some La Masia recruits.

Problem is, you don't have any world class ones. A bit like Madrid's forward situation. For years they have been trying to find strikers and wingers to replace Benzema and Ronaldo and all they have been getting are malnourished favela kids and one season bundesfodder wonders for a lot of money. Rather have one world class forward than 3 Vinícius type headless chickens.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:06 pm

Can’t say I disagree regarding Vinicius, but he’s still a teenager, and can hopefully improve in the areas where improvement is needed. If he doesn’t, I’m sure we’ll fetch a good price for him, as his speed and trickery alone likely makes him appealing to some clubs. Tricky wingers have always been hot property. We got Di Maria when he was in his early 20s, and he was initially a headless chicken, as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Yea Vinicius is massingly underrated still, hes a huge talent at this age, and under Zidane who is the best there is im sure he will be alright in development.

For us the young midfielders I just never rate so I dont consider them at all (that includes Roberto and Rafinha), not if we wanna win anything. Busquets is clearly done so to me I only see De Jong, Pjanic (whom Im not optimistic about anyway), and Wijnaldum (thats if we even get him), so in that sense its really scarey to think just thin our midfield will be lol.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:04 pm

You keep ignoring Coutino
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:49 pm

Why are Barca so bad?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why are Barca so bad?

Do you even need to ask? Has the manager been blamed, yet? That must be the problem.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:33 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why are Barca so bad?

Everton level manager with a bunch of nobodies (Trincao, Pedri) and overrated "stars" (De Jong) and a star player who did not want to be in this mess but was forced to (Messi).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 am

It all started when they sacked Ernesto Valverde :coffee:
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:56 am

Because Valverde was recognized by fans as the team’s primary issue.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:22 am

Thimmy wrote:Because Valverde was recognized by fans as the team’s primary issue.

I know this will come as news to you, but fans, let alone those posting online, don't actually carry out club decisions like sacking a manager
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:25 pm

I know this will come as news to you, but fans, let alone posting online, don't actually affect VAR decisions. What is your point, exactly?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:01 pm

Koeman proving to be a poor manager, has done next to nothing for the better of the team. Some horrible transfers that make no sense - eg. Arthur for Pjanic. Players just getting fed up and loss of motivation. The long existing problem of players not being able to play in their best positions. Injuries. I think that sums it up Razz

Anyway, bottom line is again this was always just a period of waiting for the new board to come in and hopefully carry out the real needed changes, and in the meantime the games and results dont matter much.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:20 pm

Koeman knew he was walking into a mess, it's sad that his dream job ended up like this but it was inevitable with the financial issues and poor recruitment.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Barca was top of the table for the 3rd year in a row only as far as 11 months ago. A decline like Real Madrid's was acceptable (iffy results in some games but still topping their CL group and only 6 points off the top of the table).

3 points off relegation spots and coming 2nd in CL groups for the first time in decades though? What is Koeman even doing? He plays a formation with 2 central midfielders and 4 forwards, literally 4-2-4. While having a laughable defense to begin with.

When he announced his plans at the beginning of the season I already checked out for this season (really only watched 1 game so far) and put a 100 Euro bet on Atletico finishing above Barca.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:54 am

On the real though, Valverde was a much better manager, its just that Barca fans hated his playing style despite having a great winning record. Well now they have managers that promise to play the Barca way and are getting clapped by Juve, Madrid and Bayern Laughing

Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:52 am

Winning record for someone that blew a 4-0 lead twice Laughing

I'll grant you he worked magic in the league and was unfairly let go at the wrong time, thoughtlessly and with a wrong replacement. But he's the definition of complacency.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next