Robespierre
sportsczy
VivaStPauli
Lex
S
26 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais - Page 6 Empty Re: UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:29 am

Müller has been the best player in the world in 2020, he's been in excellent form

Why do you think Lewandowski is scoring so many goals? It's not like he creates his own goals by individual action, or shots from afar. He has a Müller in top form doing the assisting.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais - Page 6 Empty Re: UCL SF 2019/20 | Bayern München Vs Olympique Lyonnais

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:33 am

I'm referring to his profile, in general. Haaland seems to be a bit similar. It's like they don't fit into any established playing style, or something. They have their own way of doing things, and sometimes it just looks awkward, but it still works most of the time. I don't know how to describe it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:36 am

Yeah it looks clumsy which is why people think he has no technique, when he has amazing technique actually and is one of the best passers in the game.
But his technique is more derived from some idiosynchratic mastery of things which seems to me more connected with concentration and willful appplication and direction of mind towards body than the kind of physiological skill of classically skillful players. Which explains why he looks so poor when his head is not there.

And he can't dribble which is of course what clowns who have no clue about football are obsessed with.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:41 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah it looks clumsy which is why people think he has no technique, when he has amazing technique actually and is one of the best passers in the game.
But his technique is more derived from some idiosynchratic mastery of things which seems to me more connected with concentration and willful appplication and direction than the kind of physiological skill of classically skillful players.

And he can't dribble which is of course what clowns who have no clue about football are obsessed with.

Ironically, Haaland described himself in an interview as someone who can't dribble, yet I've seen him do it countless  times by now. His speed and physicality alone ensure that he gets past most players without the flair that a lot of people expect or associate with dribbling. But yeah, your description of this odd quality sounds better than how I could describe it. It looks more like masterful intuition than trained ability. It looks really silly when it doesn't succeed at anything, though.

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:42 am

Arquitecto wrote:Bayern are comfortably better than PSG so I favour them to win indeed. Especially given PSG wilt when a team fearlessly attacks them and the Bavarians are better at that then anyone in the world at the moment.

Disagree wholeheartedly. The score was very flattering to Bayern... it was not a 3-0 game. Lyon could not finish at all while Bayern were very efficient.

I actually favor PSG. But very close teams.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:50 am

Thimmy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah it looks clumsy which is why people think he has no technique, when he has amazing technique actually and is one of the best passers in the game.
But his technique is more derived from some idiosynchratic mastery of things which seems to me more connected with concentration and willful appplication and direction than the kind of physiological skill of classically skillful players.

Ironically, Haaland described himself in an interview as someone who can't dribble, yet I've seen him do it countless  times by now. His speed and physicality alone ensure that he gets past most players without the flair that a lot of people expect or associate with dribbling. But yeah, your description of this odd quality sounds better than how I could describe it. It looks more like masterful intuition than trained ability. It looks really silly when it doesn't succeed at anything, though.

I've thought a lot about it lol. I mean I've been watching this guy week in week out for 10 years now. And he surely trains like crazy too, but yeah I think his control of movements and ball actions is to a higher degree anchored in his mind than in his muscles and tendons, if that is a thing. That's the best explanation I can come up with.

Cant really say anything about Haaland yet as I've only seen him a few times really but he definitively has excellent technique too, if in his own staightforward, somehow angular way of doing things.
From what I can see this guy is just simply an amazing striker who has it all. Very different player to Müller though. And Müller really can't dribble lol.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 am

Mueller is sneaky good... you want to punch him in the face, but he's good lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:25 am

Suarez also is a techically amazing player but he also can be awkward to watch often, especially in the later years when he tries to run and accelerate at speed lol. He himself said once hes not the fastest nor the best, but his will power and street smart determination allows him to compete and win all the time.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:38 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Thiago is the best midfielder in the world. Whether this is the first time said on this forum or multiple idc but it is true and has been for over a year now.

and why exactly is he leaving Bayern? Is it Thiago's decision to want to move on?

Liverpool are scoring big time if they get him.

Yes.

But honestly, if Liverpool keep being cheap bastards I hope we let him see out his contract.

we would be as usual cheap AF. No doubt about it. So if we sign him at all, it would be the way Edward wants it; not because he would compromise Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:07 am

sportsczy wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Bayern are comfortably better than PSG so I favour them to win indeed. Especially given PSG wilt when a team fearlessly attacks them and the Bavarians are better at that then anyone in the world at the moment.

Disagree wholeheartedly. The score was very flattering to Bayern... it was not a 3-0 game. Lyon could not finish at all while Bayern were very efficient.

sportsczy wrote:

I had a feeling you would and I agree on Lyon-Bayern very much so.

As for PSG I simply do not rate Tuchel's PSG highly and more so just rate Bayern well above them.

Part of the reason I was upset for Lyon despite loving them was that they had the game in their own hands based on their chances and were not embarrassed as the scoreline suggests.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:09 am

Müller's case is simple.

His brain and his coordination of his physical sense are so in harmony that he somehow sees ahead in the optimal way to create, move or score for his team. Ive played with players like him and he just makes us all play better without it being obvious. Its a joy to play with these types.

No one cares about his lack of technical skill anyway. His training even Ive seen is unique and built upon retaining if not improving his harmony of footballing IQ and it'll only get better as he ages.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6